2012 Recipe Superlatives. (and my #1 favorite)

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sallys Baking Addiction

Rather than simply taking you through my most popular recipes of 2012, I’d like to name a few superlatives as well.

2012 marks SBA’s first full year in the blogworld. I told you how I began, started, and grew my blog in this post. But what about the recipes?  How did my recipes do this year?  How did I grow and develop as a baker? Which recipe was made the most?  Which recipe was reposted the most?  Let’s take a stroll through 2012 memory lane together. Grab a cookie, you may get hungry.

Favorite Recipes

10 Most Popular Recipes of 2012

10. Cake Batter White Chocolate Fudge

It’s no surprise I love cake batter flavored treats. In fact, I’m not the only one who likes the taste of the cake batter more than the baked cake! There are three cake batter flavored desserts in my top ten most popular recipes and this super easy fudge definitely earns its spot in the top ten. Love this stuff.

cake batter fudge-2

9. Mini Cinnamon Buns

Sometimes, I just don’t have the patience for yeast to rise, to knead the dough, to wait wait wait. A glorious solution? These mini cinnamon buns. Made form store-bought crescent dough, these cinnamon buns are ready in 20 minutes! That’s it. I cover them in a 3-ingredient maple icing. Wait until you try them warm from the oven! And aren’t they adorable?

Mini Cinnamon Buns No Yeast

8. Soft-Baked White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

Want to know my secret for super-soft, super-thick cookies?  I used a special ingredient in 4 of my cookie recipes this year. And I will never turn back!  his will be the softest cookie you’ll ever taste. And they are loaded with white chocolate chips and tangy dried cranberries. I made these a couple times in November & December. Everyone loves them!

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies-6

7. Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

You love cookie dough as much as you love cake batter. Well, the same goes for me. This is, without a doubt, one of my very favorite cupcakes ever. The cupcakes are super fudgy, the frosting is thick, creamy, and studded with mini chocolate chips. You could even use a boxed brownie mix for the cupcake.

Fudge Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

6. Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

You love peanut butter and healthy treats as much as I do. I really need to thank Kevin for this recipe – it is what we had for his birthday dessert! He loves peanut butter and chocolate together and with all the other treats we had that week, I decided to make something a little healthier for his birthday dessert. Ironically enough, this does NOT taste healthy at all. The most unhealthy-tasting healthy dessert.

Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

5. Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

See? You all love your peanut butter desserts! You and I are a lot alike. Made with no butter or oil, these brownies are still one of the fudgiest brownies I’ve ever tasted.  Whole grain oats are ground up with yogurt, cocoa powder, sugar, and a few other easy items to make a thin brownie batter. Swirl in some melted peanut butter and bake. The end result is one CRAZY fudgy guilt-free brownie. I still make these all the time!  Just made them yesterday in fact.

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies - made with oats, yogurt, and you can control how much sugar!

4. Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

The 4th most popular recipe on my website. You guys love your cake batter. This is also the most tested recipe on my website. It took me 11 months to develop. I first made them back in January, then again in September, then again in December. Each time I took more and more notes, deciding how I can continue to improve it. Dozens of batches. That’s a lot of sprinkles!

The third time is a charm. You and I love the final version so much.

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sallys Baking Addiction-12

3. Chewy Butterfinger Cookies

This recipe is one of the most remade recipe on my website. Readers have commented, written in, emailed, tweeted, and Facebook chatted with me letting me know they made and loved these cookies. This recipe took me 1 month to develop. And it’s the simplest cookie recipe!

Chewy Butterfinger Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

(Are you noticing a cookie trend here?  You love your cookies!!)

2. Confetti Cake Batter Cookies

A recipe posted recently quickly jumped to the top 3 of my most popular 2012 recipes. You all love how easy this recipe is – and so do I!  Made from a cake mix, sprinkles, and a couple other pantry staples… these cookies are the quickest, fluffiest, sprinkle loaded cookies you’ll ever taste. I’m going to make them again for Valentine’s Day.

Holiday Confetti Cake Batter Cookies by Sallys Baking Addiction #cookies

(drumroll please……..)

1. Peppermint Crunch Puppychow

I published this recipe 33 days ago. In those 33 days, it has been viewed over 200,000 times. It blew up on Pinterest, too. You guys LOVE this stuff!! And I do as well. Thank you to everyone who has written to me letting me know how much you love it! It is my most popular recipe… and it was only published a few weeks ago.

Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow-4

Superlatives

Recipe Most Made by Readers (as far as I know - be sure to comment or email me if you make a recipe of mine!)The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe That Took Me the Longest to DevelopCake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies.  11 months to get the perfect recipe – more flour, less flour, more butter, less butter, eggs, no eggs, etc!  So worth every failed batch. :)

Recipe Most Pinned on Pinterest -Peppermint Crunch Puppychow – 152,000 pins! What would we do without Pinterest?

The Most Unhealthy-Tasting Healthy Dessert - Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pie. Tastes like a sinful peanut butter/chocolate explosion.  Creamy, rich, and umm… diet friendly!

Recipe Most Reprinted – my Chewy Butterfinger Cookies were most remade by other bloggers. I am so flattered to see that so many bloggers enjoy this recipe!

Most Popular Cake – with cookies overflowing the top ten list, I wanted to share my most popular cake recipe.  Buttery Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake. You all love this cake so much – I’ve had so many great reviews on it. The flavor is spot-on and it’s such a stunning cake to look at.

And last but not least, what is my favorite recipe of 2012? Another recent recipe I shared with you are my Raspberry Sweet Rolls. Not only are they my favorite recipe to eat, but I am most proud of this recipe as well. It was my first yeasted roll recipe. From the mixing, to the kneading, to the rising, to the rolling, to the baking, to the photoshoot, to the editing, to the post-writing… this recipe and post took me over 20 hours. But for you to remake this recipe – there is only about 30 minutes of work time and then 3.5 hours of waiting time as the dough rises. Not too shabby! Worth every single darn bite.

Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls

Q: What were some of your 2012 favorites? Not particularly on my website, but any favorites that you made? Tell me about them!

71 Responses to “2012 Recipe Superlatives. (and my #1 favorite)”

Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted December 28, 2012 at 10:30 am

Love this post, Sally! What a great year you had and I can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2013!

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 11:40 am

so glad we became blogging friends Cassie, you’ve been an inspiration!

Ginaposted December 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hi Sally! I made the Confetti Cake Batter Cookies for Christmas this year, and everyone was crazy about them! I haven’t tried the cake batter chocolate chip cookies yet, so that will be my next project. :) Thanks for a wonderful year of delicious recipes!!

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 11:33 am

Gina, thank you for a wonderful year of support!!! I appreciate your comment so much, thank you! I love those confetti cookies! I am making them with rainbow sprinkles for New Years Eve. Let me know how the cake batter chocolate chip cookies turn out!

Ikhlasposted December 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

Great year, Sally! I personally loved your mini cinnamon rolls recipe (so easy!) and your fudgy peppermint patty cookies :)

Can’t wait for more treats next year! :)

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thank you for the continued support Ikhlas! And I know how much you love those peppermint patty cookies! I plan to make them into brownies or even chocolate chip cookies with peppermint patties inside! :)

• Ikhlasreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Hahaha yes, I’m a chocaholic so those cookies were right up my alley. :D Transforming them into brownies sounds delightful…can’t wait! Happy new year!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted December 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

Wow! What a year, Sally! Love this round-up. I am just wondering, how did I miss the butterfinger cookies?? They sound delish! Congrats on the success! Can’t wait to see your new recipes in 2013!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted December 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

I want to make everything here!! What a great list!! I have to try the cupcakes!!! Ok, I have to try everything!!

Rebaposted December 28, 2012 at 11:26 am

Sorry that everyone seems to be taking credit for your recipes. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but it sucks. Perhaps you should do a post on how to properly credit someone when borrowing a recipe. I know I try my best to fully credit any recipe or inspiration for an idea, but sometimes its tough to tell if I’m doing it properly.

Lets be real though, your recipes are the bomb! I did feel a little guilty winning my cookie swap party with your recipe! LOL.

Happy New Year!
    Reba

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 11:44 am

Oh I am SO flattered when my recipes are baked by other bloggers, but what I meant was when my recipes are stolen without credit or linkbacks! those chewy butterfinger cookies were all over the internet without any link to my original recipe. It stinks! Thank you SO much for your support and I’m so glad that you used one of my cookie recipes for your cookie swap! That’s so cool! Happy New Year Reba! Thanks so much.

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted December 28, 2012 at 11:37 am

I love this post – love the trip down memory lane on a some of them and it’s crazy what takes off on Pinterest. Peppermint Puppy Chow. I mean yes it looks good, don’t get me wrong but there are a million other things on your site I want, would love for you to make for me :) or would love to make myself and try out. But it never ceases to amaze what catches on like wildfire. Glad that one is such a smashing minty success :)

The rolls. Yes, they are gorgeous and 20+ hours of work in 1 post. Yes I can relate & my November had 4 yeasted bread posts. Which is why I didn’t have my December set up properly with more posts pre-writtten for my trip. My Nov. was a bit time-consuming :) But regardless, nothing is more satisfying than homemade bread! Your rolls are stunning.

And the cookies. There are some in your arsenal that I still want to make. The Milky Way ones and the ones that are oat-ey and have flax (spacing out on the name).

Can’t wait to see your 2013!!! xoxo :)

Trennaposted December 28, 2012 at 11:45 am

Sally
    I wanted to just say THANK YOU! Wow! I’m so glad that I just recently came across your Blog thanks to Pinterest! Your Blog has taken first place among all my favorite Blogs about Food. Thanks so much for all the hard work and love that you put into testing & presenting these wonderful recipes and for all the time that you put into creating this wonderful Blog of yours. I haven’t tested any of the recipes for myself just yet, but I plan on doing so real soon. Maybe even this weekend. Thanks again for all that you do for all of the people like me. You are an awesome lady!

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Wow Trenna, what a wonderful compliment to read this morning! Thank you SO much for all the kind words. It all means so much to me – I can’t believe it is one of your favorites. Thanks so much, Let me know which recipes you decide to make and how they turn out! Happy New Year! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Anndyposted December 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

I want to make those recipes!!!

My favourites were….golden Oreo truffles, snickerdoodle blondies, snickerdoodle cookie( I love snickerdoodle ) and nutella peanut butter banana bread!

Jenniferposted December 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Love this list! It makes me want to go home and bake, lol. I think I may attempt to make a couple of the cookies maybe in the near future. Those cake batter chocolate chip cookies are right up my alley!! Thank you for posting such awesome and delicious recipes.

Lauraposted December 28, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Those raspberry rolls look absolutely divine! I can’t wait to give them a try. I hope you have a Happy New Year, and a fabulous 2013!

Taylorposted December 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Great post! I love it. I also love your raspberry sweet rolls that my mom made for Christmas breakfast! Everyone was a big fan. I may or may not have just had the last one for breakfast…:)

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hey Taylor! That is so great to hear your mom made the raspberry sweet rolls. It sounds like you and I have the same favorite. :)

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishesposted December 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’d have to say…those raspberry sweet rolls DO look like they are worth the work to make. I always shy away from yeast recipes but I should get over my fears I think!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted December 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Amazing! I seriously want to make everything here! And those raspberry rolls are definitely my favorite too (of course!) :)

Ellenposted December 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

My entire family absolutely loved your Death by Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies! They were so rich and chocolaty! That was the first recipe of yours I made and the cookies were so delicious, it certainly won’t be the last!

Trish Rposted December 28, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Congratulations on a very successful year! I love your blog and look forward to seeing what you’ve made every day. My favorite is the nutella stuffed cinnamon sugar muffins, OMG! The sky high apple pie muffins got me through apple picking season, thank you very much! So many recipes that I’ve tried and loved, and so many more to look forward to trying. Thanks so much for your hard work!
    Trish
    P.s.(and I’d say over half of my baked goodies board is filled with your recipes!)

Meredithposted December 28, 2012 at 3:29 pm

What a year! Congratulations! I have no idea how I found your blog, but I’m so glad I did. I just made the chocolate chip cookies today. I love how pretty they turn out. I still have to try the fudge cupcakes with cookie dough frosting and the cake batter cc cookies. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2013! Happy New Year!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted December 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Your blog is so amazingly inspirational, Sally! You have come so far in such a short amount of time. Every one of your recipes impresses me. Thanks for always making me smile when I read your posts! Here’s to a wonderful 2013! :)

Heatherposted December 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Your cinnamon bun donuts are AMAZING!!! I could eat them every single day. I made them for some of my friends and they flipped. They were also very easy to convert (I have a friend with egg allergies) and still tasted amazing. Thank you so much! Definitely the 2012 favorite. Making donuts has never been so easy and I cannot wait to make more!

• Sallyreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Wow! Heather, thank you so so much for letting me know YOUR personal favorite. I almost forgot about those glorious donuts! I must make them again and I’m happy you like them! Thanks so much and Happy New Year! I’m so glad you bought a donut pan for these too. :)

• Heatherreplied on December 28th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

No problem, they were delicious. We are going to make the strawberry ones but do a chocolate glaze with sprinkles instead.

Heatherposted December 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Ps: That was my first time making donuts. The pictures were so good I did like you said, and ran out to get a donut pan. I don’t regret it in the least! :)

Erin Millerposted December 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Your raspberry sweet rolls are my new favorite. I made them on Christmas morning and everyone loved them!

Emiliaposted December 28, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I am so sorry that the butterfingers cookie recipe has been stolen and copied, that’s horrendous (but such a good choice to copyright your recipes!). All of the top 10 look fantastic, I’m not surprised that there are so many cookies, cookies are so much fun to make. I think I’m going to have to jump on the peppermint puppy chow bandwagon before the year is up, the stuff just looks delicious!

Congrats on your first full-year of blogging!

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted December 28, 2012 at 6:49 pm

WHERE ARE THE PRETZEL COOKIES????? They are my favoritefavoritefavorite!! And you should sick me on the jerk faces stealing your recipes. I’ll slap a bitch!

Shainaposted December 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm

No surprise that your cake batter confetti cookies are one of the most popular – they are SO good! I want to make this peppermint puppy chow, and the skinny peanut butter swirl brownies, and the skinny peanut butter pie, and the cake batter fudge… i just want to make your whole list!!!! Happy New Year, Sally! SOO happy I found your awesome blog. I love all my new food blogger friends that I’ve made this year. 2012 was great, only hoping for even better things to come for all of us in this upcoming year :)

Luv What You Doposted December 28, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I want to make it all!!!
    I made a batch of peppermint puppy chow with the candy cane kisses…it’s fantastic! Some of my most popular recipes are the cake batter ones too. We foodies love our cake batter : ) Looking forward to another delcious year : )

Robin @ Simply Southern Bakingposted December 28, 2012 at 7:50 pm

What a fabulous round-up! Congrats on your Pinterest explosion! What a compliment!

angela @ anotherbitepleaseposted December 28, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I love this post Sally…the top recipes than the tidbit favs at the end…cake batter is such a sweet delicious flavor…I even opt for it when we go get icecream…wait this is the best idea your cake batter chocolate chip cookies with cake batter ice cream…I am putting this on my to do list after we take the kiddos skiing perfect treat!

And I was and still am an addict to the butterfinger cookies.

And yeah for your venture into yeast…I have not gone there yet…I want to so I can make your raspberry sweet rolls….maybe that will be my resolution for 2013 – yeast!

Laura Dembowskiposted December 28, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Congratulations on a great 2012, Sally! Your success is really amazing. All of your recipes look so good. Hopefully 2013 will be a great year for all :)

Stacy Bleachposted December 28, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Thanks Sally for your amazing recipes. Most of what I made for Christmas goodies came from your site, somewhere around 8 – 10 recipes. Everything was so good and easy to make but the most loved were the york peppermint patty fudge cookies and andes mint chocolate chip fudge. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

Melanieposted December 28, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Can I just say that I totally love your blog! I have been reading for quite a while, and every time I stop by I always end up going back to older posts and read them one after another. Your creativity just blows me away! I know that the upcoming year of recipes will be just as good, possibly even better!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted December 29, 2012 at 1:52 am

You have had one heck of a year Sally! So many delicious things! I appreciate all the time you put into each recipe from the creating to the photographs to the taste testing :-) You can tell how much you love doing it. I can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2013!!!

• Sallyreplied on December 29th, 2012 at 7:23 am

Congrats on a great year to you as well Jocelyn! “You can tell how much you love doing it.” – that comment particularly means a lot to me. I’m glad that my genuine joy from baking/blogging is evident!! I am slightly addicted to both. :) I’m so glad we’ve become friends! Happy New Year Jocelyn!

Laura (Got Chocolate)posted December 29, 2012 at 9:02 am

Excellent recap, Sally! I really enjoyed reading all your “analysis” of your recipes. FASCINATING! And good for you for calling out the most stolen recipe. Perhaps “those people” will take note that you know! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Happy New year, Sally! I am truly excited to see what 2013 brings you. The sky is the limit!!! :D

• Sallyreplied on December 29th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Laura, I couldn’t have done it without all the support from you! You have been so wonderful! Thank you so much for everything and I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings Got Chocolate!! :) Happy New Year!!!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted December 29, 2012 at 10:51 am

I saw this post this morning and thought, “shoot! I forgot to do mine!” Love the recipe superlatives, isn’t it crazy to look back and think about everything we made in 2012?! Also, it’s so odd to me the things that take off on Pinterest… we can spend HOURS on a baked recipe, and then something as simple as peppermint puppy chow takes off. On my blog, it’s funfetti dip – 3 ingredient recipe that I quickly photographed at a highway rest stop (weird, I know) on cloudy winter day! I guess it speaks to the fact that people love simple, fun recipes, and the photography sometimes only goes so far!

My favorites of yours this year were all of the skinny recipes… tasty yet sensible recipes are my favorite to see!

Rachel {studio cuisine}posted December 29, 2012 at 11:43 am

What a great little roundup, Sally! Congrats again on your blogiversary and happy new year!

Meganposted December 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm

All that food looks delicious! This past year I was excited to try several new recipes including cake batter blondies (girlmeetslife.com), peanut butter chocolate chip cake batter blondies (girlmeetslife.com), Ooey gooey butter cake – ahhmazing – oreo cheesecake cookies, pralines, peanut butter oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies (http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/10/peanut-butter-oatmeal-white-chocolate-cookies.html), butterfinger blondies, and your Cake Batter Confetti Cookies, Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pretzel M&M Peanut Butter Cookies, Giant Reeses’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie and the recipe that introduced me to your blog because I wanted to use some pretzel M&Ms in baking, Caramel Pretzel M&M Blondies. Whew, and I have so many more I want to try including soft gingersnaps, andes fudge, and the peppermint puppy chow, etc. I could go on forever! Thanks for the great recipes, keep up the good work! :)

• Sallyreplied on December 30th, 2012 at 9:08 am

Megan – this is such a wonderful comment! Thank you so much for letting me know all of the wonderful things you’ve made this year! Wow, you’ve been quite the busy baker. I need to try Averie’s peanut butter oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies. And those peanut butter chocolate chip cake batter blondies from Girl Meets Life! I love peanut butter and chocolate as much as you do, it sounds! Pretzel M&M Blondies. Holy Moly. I LOVE THOSE!! :) Let me know if when you make any other recipes from my site. I love talking to readers about it. Happy New Year and thank you for following along, Megan!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted December 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Great list! You’ve had an amazing year. :)

And isn’t unbelievable how people just steal your recipes and photos? I’ve had a major problem with one of my recipes that’s gone crazy on Pinterest. I only recently starting looking to see if it was being copied, and people are copying + pasting the entire thing, with the pictures, not linking to me, and then people make the recipe, and then credit the thief. I’ve already have to email over a dozen people about it. People…

And wow, great job on the puppy chow! I’m so bummed we don’t have Chex mix or something similar here. :( How do you know how many times it’s been pinned? I’ve googled that before and didn’t find a definitive answer. Other than the Pinterest button which includes the counter.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays, Sally! :)

• Erin @ Texanerin Bakingreplied on December 30th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Well I don’t do anything but thanks anyway. :)

And thanks for the tip with the Pin counter plug-in! I’m switching to WordPress soon so that’ll be a real help.

Jennposted December 29, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Dang girl, you have had quite the year of yumminess. You are such an inspiration to so many bloggers. I can’t wait for 2013 on SBA!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted December 29, 2012 at 9:39 pm

This is a lovely round up indeed. Super nice way to close out the year. So nice seeing what the favorites of the blog are. I am posting my final round up on Monday!

Suyenposted December 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I am looking forward to more awesome recipes from my favorite baking blogger, AKA you (in case you didn’t know) :D

Kathyposted December 30, 2012 at 7:20 am

My most baked recipe is the White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Blondies. I must make them two or three times a month.
    Now don’t laugh, but I took one look at the Puppy Chow picture and assumed it was mini shredded wheat so I didn’t read any further! Now that I know it’s rice chex, which I have plenty left from making Chex Party Mix at Christmas, I’m off to the store for candy canes!

Happy New Year!

• Sallyreplied on December 30th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Oh how can I forget about those blondies? I love them! White chocolate and snickerdoodles are an underrated match! Shredded wheat puppy chow? That sounds pretty crunchy and dense. :) The rice chex is much better. Thanks Kathy! That made me laugh. Happy New Year to you as well!

Anna @ hiddenponiesposted December 30, 2012 at 3:37 pm

What a wonderful list, I am totally hungry now!! Your blog is doing amazing, and you deserve it with all the work you’re putting in – 11 months developing one cookie? I am totally impressed with your determination!

Yammie @ Yammie's Nosheryposted December 30, 2012 at 5:34 pm

This is awesome!!! I’m just about to write my own “best of 2012″ post. I think the brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting will be on mine too! In fact, I think you linking back to me from that post was the way I originally found your blog (from the traffic sources). I’m glad I did! And I’m not surprised at all that the peppermint puppy chow took off… it looks Pinterest perfect!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted December 30, 2012 at 9:54 pm

It’s been such an amazing year full of DELICIOUS treats Sally! Love your round up and superlatives :D

(And I agree, it is the worst when people steal your work!!)

Jesica @runladylikeposted December 31, 2012 at 12:14 am

Congrats on a fantastic year!!! I can’t wait to make more of the recipes that made the top 10! xo

Megan @ whatmegansmakingposted December 31, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Love this post! And I definitely contributed to the pinning of the puppy chow… :) You’ve definitely had a great (and delicious) year!

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2013 at 9:02 am

That means a lot to me Megan, thanks so much! Happy New Year!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted December 31, 2012 at 5:42 pm

So glad I found you in this big, bad internet blogging world, Sally. All of your recipes are just amazing, and I can’t wait to see what you bake up in 2013! Happy New Year!

Heidi @ Food Doodlesposted January 4, 2013 at 2:03 pm

OK, this has got to be the most delicious roundup in my reader :D I’m so glad to have found you this year and I’m so looking forward to being inspired even more by you in this next year! Everything in your roundup looks incredible! (I’m so sorry to hear about the butterfinger cookies though :( That’s awful! I know how you feel.)

Leighposted January 6, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I’ve made your fudge brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting and they are amazing!

Trudyposted January 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Love the post and I’m excited to try some of these out! :)

Ps…all the recipes I tried over the holidays, people loved them!

Bita Ehsanipourposted January 9, 2013 at 10:27 am

Love this post, Sally! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 9th, 2013 at 11:42 am

thanks Bita!

Bekahposted January 10, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Sally, I just found out about your blog a month before Thanksgiving and it was the best thing I’ve ever stumbled upon haha. I made the Salted Caramel cupcakes for Thanksgiving and all of my family members raved about them! Then 8 batches of the cake batter cookies and death by chocolate cookies, my Christmas cooking was complete and I’m now the designated holiday baker! Thanks for all your incredible ideas! I make sure to tell anyone who asks me to go to your blog and check out the recipes! Keep the yumminess coming :)
    – Bekah

• Sallyreplied on January 11th, 2013 at 6:22 am

Hi Bekah! What a sweet message, thank you so much for reporting back about the recipes you made. :) Both cookie recipes are outstanding, a couple of my very favorites. The salted caramel frosting is equally incredible, I love how thick and creamy it is! I love hearing from you, so thank you very much. Happy Baking!

Annieposted January 11, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Oh Sally you are killing me here…..it’s 10 PM here in London and I have just spent the last hour drooling (really my scarf is wet from the drool) over so many of your gorgeous recipes! I need to go to bed but all I can think is “do I have enough dark brown sugar in the house……where in the heck is my corn starch (must be at the back of the cupboard somewhere??????) and geeze, are my dried cranberries in date”…..oh AND, “if I go buy a bag of snack size Butterfingers and then only use 8 in the Butterfingers cookies, I will have to EAT the remainder and then I will have to run twice a day to avoid becoming the size of a house!!”
    If only I had come upon your blog at 10 AM, I could have spent the whole day baking…..now I have to spend 12 hours dreaming of baking.
    Can’t wait to get baking in the morning

• Sallyreplied on January 11th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Hey Annie! you are SO sweet! I certainly did not mean to torture you! your comment made me laugh. :) Just by the ingredients you listed, I know exactly which recipes you’re going to try. Let me know how they turn out. And I can never, ever be trusted with butterfingers in the house!