Need pie inspiration? I gathered my favorite Thanksgiving pie recipes including pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie, coconut cream pie, and more!
After a week full of pie recipes, let’s admire even more PIE. ‘Tis the season, right?
First, Pie Crust
Before browsing these Thanksgiving pie recipes, make sure you have a quality pie crust recipe. Here is my #1 rated pie crust. The careful ratio of butter and shortening guarantees a buttery, flaky crust. I also have an all butter pie crust if you prefer just butter.
My Success Tips:
- Use COLD ingredients
- Plenty of liquid– the drier the dough, the more it will crack
- Mix by hand. A food processor often over-works dough. Trust me.
All the Extras
- Lattice Pie Crust (video tutorial + includes how I flute edges)
- How to Braid Pie Crust (video tutorial)
- Pie Crust Designs – dozens of ways to successfully decorate a pie
- How to Blind Bake Pie Crust (video tutorial)
Now let’s get into all the Thanksgiving pie recipes.
Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Pies
1) The Great Pumpkin Pie – forever my favorite
2) Pumpkin Slab Pie or Mini Pumpkin Pies are perfect for a large crowd.
3) Upgrade your pumpkin pie with Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie!
4) Or with my Praline Pumpkin Pie
5) Pumpkin Pie Bars if pie crust intimidates you
6) And, of course, my favorite Sweet Potato Pie
7) Deep Dish Apple Pie is my classic apple pie with extra filling
8) If a full pie seems daunting, try this easier Salted Caramel Apple Galette.
9) Apple Crumble Pie is heavy on that crumb topping.
10) Apple Slab Pie with Maple Icing is spot-on for a big crowd.
11) The BEST apple filling award goes to Apple Cranberry Pie
12) Or throw in an upgrade and turn it into Cranberry Almond Apple Pie
13) Apple Cheddar Pie is sweet with a salty, savory, cheddar crust
14) My favorite apple pie is Salted Caramel Apple Pie
15) Apple Hand Pies mean no utensils required!
16) Want a total upgrade? Chai Spice Apple Pie
Other Fruit Pies
17) Not into traditional Fall pies? Try my Homemade Banana Cream Pie
18) Or this Coconut Cream Pie
19) Lemon Meringue Pie is a favorite classic!
20) For something different, try my Caramel Pear Pie
21) Blueberry Crumble Pie is my favorite blueberry pie recipe!
22) For a refreshing end to your meal, serve my best Key Lime Pie
23) The best pie I made last Thanksgiving was this Cranberry Pear Crumble Pie
Seriously Nutty Pies
24) Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie always draws a crowd!
25) My favorite Pecan Pie is a classic recipe with a little cinnamon for extra flavor.
26) Or try my adorable Salted Pecan Pie Tarts!
27) Looking pecan pie without corn syrup? Maple Pecan Pie.
28) Brown Butter Pecan Pie Bars if you don’t want to mess with pie crust.
No Fruit Pies
29) French Silk Pie is my best yet. Smooth as silk!
30) Gluten free? Try this Chocolate Coconut Almond Tart.
31) Unbelievable Peanut Butter Pie for the ultimate chocolate/peanut butter fix.
32) Snickers Caramel Tart. As if you need convincing.
33) No pie crust alert! Here’s Brookie Pie.
34) Nutella Tart with Toasted Hazelnut Crust. Enough said!!
If Pie Crust Freaks You Out
And to finish up all these Thanksgiving pie recipes, here’s a list of recipes that do not use traditional pie crust.
35) Sky High Chocolate Mousse Pie. Two words: OREO CRUST.
36) Easy to make, serve, transport, & freeze: Cranberry Crumble Pie Bars
37) Banoffee Pie = dulce de leche, bananas, & whipped cream. 🙂
38) Refreshing and easy! Creamy Lemon Pie
39) Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars are complete with a shortbread crust.
40) Also works as an appetizer: Quick & Easy Honey Pear Tart
41) Easy Apple Turnovers are made with store-bought puff pastry.
42) Cherry Pastry Pies also use store-bought puff pastry. Frozen cherries work, too!
43) Skip the crust, but keep all the fall flavor with Cinnamon Apple Pear Crisp
44) This Chocolate Pudding Pie uses graham cracker crust!
45) Bourbon Cherry Crisp is perfect with frozen sweet cherries.
Q: Which pie are you making this holiday season?