January 26th 2013.

taking a quick break from your regularly scheduled dessert…

engaged-22

The day I’ll never forget. 🙂

engaged-16

{the drive to Swallow Falls, Oakland MD.}

engaged-17

{walking to the falls with Kevin.}

engaged-18

{the snowy view.}

engaged-15

{the spot: Swallow Falls State Park.}

engagement

this makes me happier than cupcakes. 🙂

246 Responses to “January 26th 2013.”

161
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted February 1, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Squeeeee! You already heard a congrats for me but it bears repeating: Congratulations! I am SO happy for you and Kevin. And he couldn’t have planned a better, more beautiful place to do it! As long as Jude is the ring bearer, I’ll be happy lol 😉

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Thank you SO much Miss Hayley!!! Weeee. I’m so excited and THANK YOU For all the sweet texts and FB love 🙂 And we are trying to get Jude involved – obviously!!

162
    Soniaposted February 2, 2013 at 4:48 am

Congratulations !!

163
    Erikaposted February 5, 2013 at 9:52 am

Sally!!!!! I know I’m a bit late on this (I liked your photo on Instagram last week!) but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys look adorable together, that’s a gorgeous ring, and you look so happy!! I’m SO excited for you. I’ve seen some food bloggers do posts on their weddings and just want to let you know that if you decide to do that, you have an eager audience right here that will be front and center for every post 🙂 In any case, you must dish on what kind of wedding cake you get! Congrats again! 🙂

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2013 at 10:11 am

You are the sweetest EVER Erika. Thank you so so much. 🙂 And I will be sure to share some details here and there on my blog. I can’t wait! The cake… will be fabulous. I’m already dreaming about it!

164
    LaneMposted February 5, 2013 at 10:32 pm

This is so exciting!! Congratulations Sally! Wow!!!!! What a ring!!! For such a lovely lady! He is a lucky guy! Congratulations to you both!

• Sallyreplied on February 6th, 2013 at 10:29 am

Thank you so much LaneM! You are so sweet.

165
    Kristy @Sweet Treats & Moreposted February 7, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Oh my gosh, I’ve had the busiest week plus sick kids so I haven’t been reading ANY blogs! And I missed this post!! HOW?? Congratulations Sally! Off to drool over all these recipes I’ve been missing!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:33 am

Oh Kristy you are the SWEETEST!! Thank you so much!!! 🙂

166
    Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted February 8, 2013 at 7:49 am

I’m really not sure how I missed this post…other than I am way behind in my reader! Congratulations! That is so exciting and those frozen falls are gorgeous! Definitely a day you will never forget!!!! I can’t wait to see all the little snapshots of your planning and of course the cake ideas!! You both are adorable and I am so excited for you.

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2013 at 8:29 am

Thanks Jocelyn! It was the best day of my life. I can’t wait for the planning to begin!

167
    Karenposted February 16, 2013 at 1:40 am

Oh Sally! After a very busy few weeks, I rewarded myself with a trip to your beautifully delicious blog to see all that I’ve missed since falling in love with the cupcake-flavored puppy chow. I am SO happy for both of you! Heartfelt wishes for a loving, healthy life together. And do you want to know something that tugged at my heartstrings? You got engaged the same day my sweet parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! I was so tickled to see the magical date. 🙂 Have a sparkly day, Sally!

• Sallyreplied on February 16th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Aww Karen! That is SO sweet of you! Your whole comment made me smile. From you making and loving my cupcake puppy chow to the congrats to the 50th wedding anniversary. I’m lucky to have such a sweet reader. THANK YOU!

168
    Kristinposted February 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm

congratulations !!! 🙂 love your blog!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Kristin!!

169
    Himaposted June 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

This is like a bajillion months late but congratulations Sally! 😀

• Sallyreplied on June 7th, 2013 at 5:56 am

Thank you very much!

170
    Lisaposted September 13, 2013 at 9:08 am

Just found your blog! I’m making your vanilla buttercream frosting for cupcakes and your CCC recipe for a party with 30 ppl next weekend. So thankful I ran across these as they look promising and delicious! Should my hard gold sprinkles hold up well on the icing? My last recipe my other sprinkles bled right in. I live 2 hours south of you in St Mary’s county, Md! 🙂

• Sallyreplied on September 13th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hey Lisa (my MD neighbor)! I love both recipes you wish to make. Two classics – both favorites. Do not put the sprinkles on top of the frosting until serving. Otherwise they could bleed.

171
    Olivia Helmposted December 29, 2013 at 2:29 am

(Reposting in case you didn’t receive it the first time!)

Hi Sally! I know this is almost a year late, but I was wondering what company made your ring! It is absolutely gorgeous! I also look forward to seeing you in your wedding dress!

1 3 4 5