Greetings from the Caribbean!

I’m in St. Lucia for a long weekend! My good friend from college is getting married. :)

St. Lucia

St. Lucia Vacay-3

Kevin has a wedding this weekend back home in Maryland, so I am vacationing with my girlfriends Marie, Molly, Kristin, and the bride – another Kristin!

Sometimes a girls weekend is just what you need to recharge, am I right?

And a few fruity cocktails, too.

Fruity Cocktails

This Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake I made the other week would be a fine home to some coconut rum.  Might just have to make that when I get home. ;)

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake-4

Does anyone else have trouble packing?

And by that, I mean OVER-packing.

St. Lucia Vacay1-2

Don’t worry, I was able to {slightly} downsize from this mess.

I still packed my two favorite cross-body purses and beach tote.

St. Lucia Vacay

For my birthday, I treated myself to a new Lilly Pulitzer dress to wear on the trip.

You can find it on MAJOR sale at Bloomingdales right now.

Lilly Pulitzer Julep Dress-2

Luckily, Jude is feeling much better from his surgery earlier this month.  The tumor we had removed on his hind leg turned out to be cancerous and we are praying it does not return. His stitches were removed on Tuesday and he is back to normal!

It was tough to say bye to this face for the weekend. :(

Jude

Have a great weekend! See you next week. :)

72 Responses to “Greetings from the Caribbean!”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted May 31, 2013 at 9:51 pm

It looks beautiful! Have fun and stay out of trouble! :)

Tieghanposted May 31, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Oh man! That looks so pretty!I hope you have and awesome time and maybe come back with some tropical island treat ideas!
    Glad to hear Jude is doing better!
    Have so much fun!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I have many, many, many tropical treat ideas! There was so much inspiration here. Thanks Tieghan, I hope you’re doing well!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted May 31, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Such beautiful pictures, almost unreal scenery! I’ve never been to the Caribbean – I can only imagine how pretty it is.

Have a great time!

Ikhlasposted May 31, 2013 at 10:21 pm

What gorgeous shots! Hope you’re having a fantastic time! :)

Janine | sugarkissed.netposted May 31, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun, Sally!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchenposted May 31, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Have fun, Sally! Thanks for sharing. Such a cute, tropical LP dress and so glad to hear Jude is doing well. Yay!

Laurie @ A Wiener Dog in the Kitchenposted May 31, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Love that dress!! Time to buy some bananas so I can make that Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake, AND add the coconut rum… What a yummy, yet healthy adult beverage.

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Laurie! I have to buy some coconut rum when I get home. ;)

Gabbyposted May 31, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Have a great time, and don’t forget the sunscreen.

Victoriaposted June 1, 2013 at 12:11 am

I have that exact same tote, same color with my name on it:)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:45 pm

How perfect. It’s my favorite tote!

Victoriaposted June 1, 2013 at 12:13 am

It doubles as a flute bag;)

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 1, 2013 at 12:47 am

Those pics look FAKE! They are are sooooooo beautiful!!!!!! WOW!! I have been thinking about you non-stop (and sending you a bunch of random emails..lol) So glad to see a post from you and to hear that you’re there and doing well. That’s awesome.

And I find when I go on vacays like that, that yes, I over pack to the max. And end up living in a bikini, the same pair of shorts, some workout clothes, and a tank top. And that’s about it. Your dress is so pretty!

Soak it in and savor every second of your trip!!! xoxox

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Coming home today!! Flight gets in at midnight EST. It’s hard to leave, but I miss being at home. I’m such a homebody! I thought of you seeing all the palm trees and clear water :D

Liaposted June 1, 2013 at 1:05 am

I absolutely love the throw pillows you have on your bed! Where did you get them? I feel like I’ve seen similar ones in Home Goods or Marshall’s maybe?

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Hi Lia! That mauve colored pillow is from Home Goods. The small pillow with petals is from a specialty shop in Philadelphia. My mom got it years ago! But yes, probably similar styles at Home Goods or Marshalls.

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted June 1, 2013 at 3:55 am

Have a great time with your girlfriends! Those photos are gorgeous – and yes, I am SO jealous of your vacation.

Anne ~ Uni Homemakerposted June 1, 2013 at 3:58 am

A weekend in the Caribbean is always nice, especially all that sun and cocktail! ;) Have a great time at your friend’s wedding.

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Thanks Anne! Lots of pina coladas, beach time, and sitting poolside. And maybe too much sun! It’s hard to leave. :)

Amelia Schultzposted June 1, 2013 at 7:50 am

Where are you staying? My husband and I are going to St lucia in January. Looks totally gorgeous.

Caleyposted June 1, 2013 at 8:03 am

If you ever get tired of food photography, at least you know you can turn to nature photography instead. WOW! I hope you have a great time! I love your swimsuit…polka dots are always cute. Glad to hear Jude is feeling better…I’m sure he’ll miss his parents with you both off at weddings. ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I have WAY too many polka dot bathing suits. And I just bought one before the trip, too! Thanks Caley! I can’t wait to see Jude later tonight when I get back home :)

Debiposted June 1, 2013 at 8:43 am

Wow! That looks beautiful & delish!! Enjoy!

Megan @ For the Love of Cookiesposted June 1, 2013 at 9:19 am

Those photos are beyond gorgeous! And I always overpack. By a lot. Oopsie. Have a great trip!

Courtney@BakeMeBetterposted June 1, 2013 at 9:41 am

I so wish I was there with you right now! Although it feels like the tropics here in NH right now. Congrats to your friend!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I heard it was VERY hot back on the east coast this weekend!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted June 1, 2013 at 10:55 am

Aw so much fun!!! Have a fab time in the Caribbean with your girls and at the wedding!

Pattyposted June 1, 2013 at 11:01 am

Glad Jude is feeling better. He is ADORABLE!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Thanks Patty! He’s a cutie.

Shelbyposted June 1, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Ok can we just talk about the color of the water OH MY GOSH!!! It’s so pretty! I’m a big fan of the Caribbean it’s like the best place ever. And I always overpack! Hey it’s better to have too much then not enough! Haha! By the way you MUST have a pina colada mine are Virgin of course cause of the whole being 14 thing. :)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Shelby, it was crystal clear is some spots and other sports – pure turquiose! Sad to be leaving today. And yes, I had pina coladas! :)

• shelbyreplied on June 4th, 2013 at 10:14 am

Oh good! They’re so much better when you’re there soaking up the Caribbean sun! :)

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted June 1, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Have fun! Looking forward to beach-inspired desserts when you return! :)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I have a ton of beachy desserts up my sleeve to post soon. Thanks Eva! :)

Hansiposted June 1, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Oh my gosh.. THE BEACH! It looks so beautiful. Did you take that first photo of the palm tree by the way? That’s some really great photography!
    Awww.. poor Jude :( Glad he’s feeling better though.
    Hope you’re having a blast Sally :)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I did not take the first photo! And yes, Jude is doing much better. Thanks so much Hansi!

Cathyposted June 1, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Have a good trip!! Looks like fun!

Alex (Veggin' Out in the Kitchen)posted June 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Those pictures of the Caribbean are so gorgeous!! Have fun there!

And I’m definitely an over-packer too… I always think “I better pack extra just in case I’m there an extra day or it rains and my clothes get drenched so I have to change.” The result? I end up packing for ten days when I’m only planning on being gone five. Oh well, at least I’m prepared ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Alex, I think I wore about 1/4 of the things I packed! And now, all my clothes (even the ones I didn’t wear) are wrinkled so I have to wash it all when I get home! Whoops.

Katieposted June 1, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am having a long girls weekend this weekend too!! Mine isn’t a tropical location, but we are having a blast! Lots of wine flowing here! Those are beautiful pictures, I have always wanted to go to St Lucia.
    Enjoy your vacation!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Hope the girls vacay was fun, Katie! We all need those sometime. :)

Starposted June 1, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Looks Beautiful!!!
    I’m on a mini one day vacay… LOL
    My son has a bowling tournament and him and I went, leaving my baby @ home w/ dad…
    I’m really missing him though…
    I over packed for one night away, so I understand…
    Have fun and drink some yummy fruity drinks for me!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Thanks Star – and I hope you enjoyed your mini vacay!

Zainab| Blahnik Bakerposted June 1, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Lovely photos! Have a great vacation with your girlfriends!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thank you! On our way home today. It was a lovely vacation!

Amyposted June 2, 2013 at 3:01 am

Aww Sally, it looks like you’re having a wonderful time in a beautiful place!! I hope you come back relaxed, recharged, and happy. :)

I have the same problem with packing too! My parents always tease me about it because I spill over into their suitcases… And my brother’s… And then ask if we can bring an extra bag. I’m slowly learning to downsize (I managed to fit everything in one small suitcase for our weeklong Hawaii vacation!), but it definitely isn’t easy!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Thanks so much Amy – you are so sweet. Definitely relaxed, definitely recharged, and definitely sad to be leaving. I need to pack lighter next time!

• Amyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm

You’re welcome Sally! I think that’s the mark of a great vacation: leaving wanting to stay longer or do more. It means you’ll have something to look forward to the next time!

T.R.posted June 2, 2013 at 3:30 am

It looks beautiful. Have a GREAT time. And yes I am the queen of over packing. My aunt dubbed me Alexis Carrington Colby when I was in college….LOL um if you get that reference without google we are in the same age range. :O)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I have no idea who that is… and yes, I had to google it!

Laura Dembowskiposted June 2, 2013 at 8:23 am

St. Lucia is so beautiful! I hope you’re having a great time :)

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking}posted June 2, 2013 at 11:38 am

I’m soooo jealous. I wish I could have tucked my little old self into your suitcase. I’ve never been to the Caribbean, it’s definitely on the list of places I want to go – along with the States, Australia and many more.

The furtherest I’ve got is Greece. But then again, it’s always cheaper when you’re closer to the location.

Have a wonderful time, Sally. I’m sure you will anyway. :)

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I would LOVE to travel to Greece someday, Lisa! I always hear how beautiful it is. :)

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted June 2, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I’m so jealous!! Heehee have fun though and enjoy the sunshine! :D

Carol at Our Sears Kit Homeposted June 2, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Have a great time away. God bless dear Jude. He looks like a sweetie.

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Thanks so much – he is such a sweetie. A big heart for such a big pup.

angela @ another bite pleaseposted June 2, 2013 at 11:15 pm

oooo…beaches and drinks and girlfriends..that is the best combo ever. do i really even have to say have fun? adorable dress. glad doggie is ok :-( poor thing…that cute puppy face.

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Angela! :) It was so much fun! On my way home today.

Lisaposted June 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Had no idea you were from Maryland! Yay! Enjoy the trip!

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I’m from Philadelphia, but reside in Maryland. Love it here!

Luv What You Doposted June 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Have FUN!!!!!
    St Lucia is awesome so i hope you are enjoying the sunshine, the beach, the food, the drink, the relaxation, the wedding, and everything in between!

Alexis @ deliciousfoodideas.netposted June 4, 2013 at 12:40 am

It would be so hard to say bye to your puppy dog! I’m too much of a wimp so I have arranged all our holidays to be in places where we can take him with us.

Have a fun trip!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted June 4, 2013 at 6:31 am

Have fun. Your dress is too cute and I love the two shoes. Packing is so hard.

Nutmeg Nannyposted June 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Wow looks amazing :) hope you have fun!

Zoeposted June 4, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Haha I have that mint shirt with the black polkadots :P forever 21 right?

• Sallyreplied on June 4th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Yep! I think so. :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Dessertsposted June 4, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Love St. Lucia, so beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Nancy @ gottagetbakedposted June 6, 2013 at 12:58 am

Sally, those photos of St. Lucia are unbelievable! They don’t even look real! I hope you had a fantastic trip with your girlfriends in what appears to be paradise. I was never a dog person until I got my puppy, Abby. Now I can’t imagine life without her and I’m obsessed with dogs. I hope Jude will be ok and that the cancer won’t come back. Poor guy!

• Sallyreplied on June 6th, 2013 at 6:47 am

It was paradise! Abby is one lucky girl with such a loving mom like you!

Trudyposted June 6, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Hope you’re having an awesome time!

And poor pup~! I hope it doesn’t return as well!