Photo A Day, January.

Photo A Day, January

When I first planned on a “Photo A Day” post to publish for January, I had no idea my month would include a deadly shooting at my mall and a flood in my home.

The world will throw many unavoidable curveballs. It’s how you handle them and bounce back that counts. Sort of like running up a huge hill; it’s the flat plateau after that hill where you’re really strengthening your sport. That’s what is most important.

Jan 1. (midnight)

NYE

Jan 2. 1 quart cold water, 2 freshly squeezed lemons, 1/4 cup Bragg’s unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, liquid stevia to taste. Drink it all throughout the day; it beats the bloat and/or a hangover. I make it a few times per week.

Apple Cider Detox Drink - let's just say my mid-section has never felt better!

Jan 3.

Polka Dot Rain Boots

Jan 4. Taste testing.

Crispy Baked Onion Rings | sallysbakingaddiction.com

Jan 5.

Photo A Day

Jan 6. Anthropologie.

Anthropologie Oven Mitts

Jan 7.

Photo A Day

Jan 8. Protein.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie - 28 grams of protein in each drink!

Jan 9.

Apartment flood

Jan 10. New home. (Buffet Table from Pier 1.)

Buffet Table from Pier 1

Jan 18. WHAT!

amazon

Jan 19.

Photo A Day

Jan 20.

Sunrise

Jan 21. Is a pile of pennies good luck?!

Pennies

Jan 22. Embarrassing how often we make these.

Homemade Soft Pretzels

Jan 23. Cookies for mom.

Soft-Baked Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are so easy to make if you're in a hurry. Full of chocolate flavor and covered in sprinkles, they make a wonderfully festive treat!

Jan 24.

New Oreo Flavors

Jan 25. Prayers for my community.

mall shooting

Jan 26. Celebrating 1 year. (Glasses from Pier 1 last year.)

Polka Dot Wine Glasses

Jan 27.

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook

Jan 28.

Fortune

Jan 29. Just designed / sending in March :)

Save The Date

Jan 30.

chips & salsa

Jan 31. Last night.

Ann Taylor Loft

See more bites of real life.

Have a great weekend!

53 Responses to “Photo A Day, January.”

Eveposted February 1, 2014 at 8:27 am

What a great idea doing a phote a day! Love the one of you staring into the oven, I think even baker/ home cook does that! So sorry about the shooting, I pray for the families. Can’t wait for the cookbook to arrive!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 8:59 am

Thanks Eve! I was staring at some cupcakes, hoping they’d rise up nicely and not overflow!

Laura Dembowskiposted February 1, 2014 at 8:27 am

Great idea! I love that sunset pic – gorgeous! That fortune is awesome too! Always good to know you’re on the right track!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted February 1, 2014 at 8:30 am

What a great post. WOW! So impressed you tracked this month. I love seeing it!

You in front of the oven, hanging on the door, stalking whatever is in there, to make sure it’s perfect, love that :)

Longchamp bag, nice. The buffet from pier 1, so pretty. The braggs/lemon juice detox drink, love it.

What a month you’ve had, Sally. Hopefully Feb is CALM!

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 8:58 am

YES. I need a calm month after this unplanned adventurous month. Thanks Averie! Enjoy your weekend, you deserve it.

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfectionposted February 1, 2014 at 9:22 am

Love this post! :) And I must try this “debloat” drink haha

Kristin Tposted February 1, 2014 at 9:27 am

Enjoy all the “real life” moments you share :) Keep them coming!

Layla @ Brunch Time Bakerposted February 1, 2014 at 9:56 am

I love how you took a picture everyday and kept track! I can never do that. I know either I will lose track or forget to take pics. I love the buffet table, so perfect!
    Love your kitchen, it’s so tiny and adorable, Just like mine! I like smaller kitchens because they are easier to keep clean, so Yay! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 11:44 am

Layla, the kitchen is as big as a medium sized closet. It’s ok, I make it work! And I agree, much easier to keep clean!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted February 1, 2014 at 10:18 am

omgosh this post was so cool-it was interesting to see your month through photos! There were def. some downs but oh my goodness the UPS! Hooray for the SBA cookbook and your guys’ save the dates! yayyyyy!

Moposted February 1, 2014 at 10:29 am

beautiful top last night !!!!!!

Caley Buxtonposted February 1, 2014 at 10:48 am

Wow, what a month! I’m glad you got a lot of joy (1-year engagement anniversary, your ***cookbook***!!!, good times with friends, cute bag and clothes) after the hardship of the flooding and the horror of the shooting. Thanks for sharing; this is a fun idea and I hope you will continue in the months to come :). Happy February 1! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 11:43 am

Man oh man, I can’t wait for you to get the cookbook Caley! I plan to do these every month, if I can manage to keep snapping a ton of pics. Shouldn’t be a problem considering how obsessed I am with my iPhone.

Lauren Griecoposted February 1, 2014 at 11:21 am

I love this idea Sally! The bites of real life are a great addition to all of your recipes :) I am so excited to get your cook book this month!!

Erinposted February 1, 2014 at 11:41 am

What a fun idea to do a month in photos! A) That drink sounds awesome–I totally want to try it! B) How cute are your save the dates?? Love them. C) That shirt and necklace combo is gorgeous! I’m sure you looked gorgeous! Have a restful weekend, Sally!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted February 1, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Awwwww, love this post! Love the rainboots, the treat yourself bag, the save-the-dates = adorable. And so sorry to hear about the shooting. Thoughts and prayers are with your community.

Heidiposted February 1, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Love this! It’s amazing how fun it is to look at random photos. I need to start taking more photos of the little things in life!

Jen and Emily @ Layers of Happinessposted February 1, 2014 at 12:40 pm

How cute! I’ve been doing a photo a day, but I never thought about posting it on our blog! I use the app 365graditude! But I may have to post mine now… I don’t think my month will be as eventful as yours though :)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I need to look into that app!

Helen @ Scrummy Laneposted February 1, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Love this idea! So glad you treated yourself to the lovely blue bag … I think you needed that!

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchenposted February 1, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I love the save the dates, that is such a wonderful photo of you and Kevin! And the cookbook is finally REAL, how awesome! A few downs, but so many ups to balance them out!

Becca @ Crumbsposted February 1, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Many highs and lows this month Sally!

Nila @ The Tough Cookieposted February 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Love this idea, Sally! You’ve inspired me to take pictures of my everyday life more often! So fun to have a collection of photo’s to keep as some sort of diary ;)

I usually just take pictures of food and occasionally a picture of Lucy (my puppy) whenever she gets in front of the food ;)

• Sallyreplied on February 1st, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Take more pictures! It’s fun to look back every now and then and remember the little moments for sure. Thanks Nila!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted February 1, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I love my Longchamps!

Claudia Marcela Ramosposted February 1, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Hola Sally, mi pais es Argentina vivo en Buenos Aires.
    Espero entiendas mi idioma o puedas traducirlo al inglés .
    Hoy 01 de Febrero miré todos tus archivos y fotos y me pareces un ser maravilloso y lleno de luz.
    Pienso hacer muchas de tus exquisitas recetas, gracias por compartirlas.
    Hasta pronto. Un beso.

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:24 pm

¡Muchas gracias! Espero que pruebe uno de mis recetas. Lo siento mi español no es bueno!

Amyposted February 1, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Your January 28th fortune is SO perfect for you Sally! 200% dead-on. :) You’ve had quite the roller coaster of a month, from your apartment flood to your advanced copy of your cookbook and everything in between. I am SO proud of you for staying positive and continuing to bake your heart out throughout it all. Hopefully February goes a little smoother for you!

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Thanks Amy. Your kind words and comments made the month a little brighter! Hope you’re having a great weekend.

Barbaraposted February 2, 2014 at 12:51 am

I love all the pics you take. You are awesome at photography. May I ask where you got that pretty lace blouse from?

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Hi Barbara! Thank you! I got the top from Ann Taylor Loft.

Beverleyposted February 2, 2014 at 7:48 am

Your new home looks so colourful and warm. So glad you are now settled and huge congrats on your engagement. You always need to treat yourself once in a while. It just makes you feel good. Love your blog and follow you by email FB and now bloglovin. Have a great weekend and lots of love from me at something about cupcakes on FB and Instagram

Beverley xoxo

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Thanks for following along, Beverly. And for saying hi! I appreciate it so much. Enjoy what’s left of the weekend!

Mimiposted February 2, 2014 at 9:27 am

Congratulations! Love that turquoise Longchamps…

Jennie @themessybakerblogposted February 2, 2014 at 9:50 am

Love this post, Sally. Your Save-the-Date is gorgeous. Oh my goodness, you’re a cookbook author–way cool! Love the new buffet table and polka dot wine glass. I just bought the same top at the loft the week before our cruise. I love lace.

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 4:16 pm

We have similar taste, Jennie! I love this top. I wear it quite often! Have a blast on your cruise.

Melanie @ Carmel Momentsposted February 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Didn’t realize you were ‘local’ Sally. I grew up in Philly. Now live in Central PA. I love how the save the date turned out. :)
    P.S. The loft shirt is gorgeous!

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thanks Melanie! And we’ll be moving to the Philadelphia area later this year, too. Exciting!

Gracieposted February 2, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Now in addition to salivating over all the delicious treats you post, I can say I do the same over your clothes! That top in the last picture is stunning! Did you get it recently?

• Sallyreplied on February 2nd, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Hey Gracie! I got it right after Christmas at Ann Taylor Loft. They may still have it? I’m not sure.

amiposted February 2, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Loved the pics.The table with your muffin pans(?),cake stand and frames is my favorite.Yeah! and the peeping into oven,I do it all the time :)

Cassieposted February 3, 2014 at 1:26 pm

My favorite is the one of you in front of the oven. So classic!

• Sallyreplied on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Haha! Thanks Cassie.

Iramposted February 3, 2014 at 10:19 pm

What a first month for you! You are such a role model and show that with patience and hard work one can achieve so much.

I wanted to know, once we get our cookbooks I’m sure many of us will have ?’s regarding the recipes. Can you create a specific ‘cookbook ?’ post where all of us can any questions pertaining to the cookbook?

thanks…t c

• Sallyreplied on February 4th, 2014 at 7:04 am

That’s a great suggestion about the cookbook post, Iram! I do plan to create a few posts about it in the next few months. Stay tuned!

Kaylaposted February 4, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Sally, I made your “debloat” drink….how do you drink this stuff?! I’m struggling to finish one glass! Haha. I love all of your recipes, but this one may not be for me. Thank you so much for sharing though!

• Sallyreplied on February 4th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

It’s definitely not an enjoyable drink! You’re drinking vinegar… keep that in mind! Add more lemon and stevia if you’d like. And water it down by adding more and more water.

Stephanie @ Long Distance Bakingposted February 4, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Day 15 of you staring into the oven…absolutely adorable! You’re too cute. Congratulations on the anniversary and upcoming wedding, it will be here before you know it! Such a cute post :)

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2014 at 7:23 am

Thanks Stephanie!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted February 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I am in love with you and this photo a day post! So cute and creative, and I love being able to take a voyeuristic gander into your amazing life :) even though I’m not attending I want one of those Save the Date cards — they are beautiful! And also, can I borrow that top? ;)

• Sallyreplied on February 5th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Just from all the outfits I see you in on FB, I know you’d love this top in real life!

Cate @ Chez CateyLouposted March 31, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Sally I just made a batch of your detox drink!! WOW – tangy! Do you get used to it after awhile??? Although a little splenda helped. Hopefully I can wean myself off the splenda eventually to get the full de-foxing effect – I need to step it up now that winter is (almost) over!

• Sallyreplied on March 31st, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Yes, it’s tangy! Try watering it down – that totally helps Cate.