110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche.

A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and little calories. Get creative and use your favorite vegetables and spices!

A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and only 105 calories per giant serving. Recipe by @sallybakeblog

I have been in the kitchen nonstop this week. It’s really all because of the 100 degree weather outside. Where did spring go? It snowed in April, was 50 in May, and now it’s 100 degrees. Looking on the bright side, at least we can cool off with a frozen cocktail or two.

A few weeks ago, Kevin and I stayed at our friends’ house and made one heck of a feast for brunch the next morning. Complete with a cheesy spinach quiche.

However, for the quiche – we went low carb. Crustless style! After sharing on Instagram, many of you emailed me for a new crustless quiche recipe packed with veggies and extra egg whites. Here you go! A healthy twist on the breakfast classic.

Are you ready for this? This quiche is epic! That’s quite a statement to say about eggs and vegetables, right? Well listen up. This satisfying, vegetable and protein-packed quiche has only 110 calories per enormous serving. Typically a quiche this size can serve 8, but let’s face it – I can eat a lot more than 1 little sliver of quiche. My stomach is a bottomless pit at breakfast. Well, all the time really.

Ok… I have a confession. It’s 110.8 calories per serving. But I’m sure you will burn .8 calorie picking up the fork eating it. Or even scrolling down this page. Right?!

Bonus! 9 grams of protein per serving too. Mind-blowing.

Healthy Crustless Veggie Quiche @sallybakeblog

First thing’s first! Cook your veggies. A colorful medley of orange bell pepper, summer squash, and zucchini. If you have a bounty of zucchini right now, may I suggest some zucchini bread? Lighten up the loaf by substituting half of the oil for applesauce.

Since there is no buttery, flavorful crust in this low calorie quiche recipe – let’s put a ton of flavor into the vegetables. Sauté them with roasted garlic and thyme. Get them nice and soft and layer them into a pie dish.

On top the veggies goes some cheese. This quiche would be nothing without the cheese, so don’t leave it out! I used only about 2/3 cup total of 2% (reduced fat) shredded cheese I found on sale. It’s a blend of cheddar and mozzarella. Use whatever cheese you prefer, keeping in mind a higher fat cheese will slightly increase the calories in this recipe.

On top of the cheese, a mixture of eggs, egg whites, and skim milk.

A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and only 110 calories per giant serving. Recipe by @sallybakeblog

And a little sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese for some extra flavor. Bake the quiche until the top is golden and the edges are slightly crisp. Confession: I am an edge girl. That makes no sense. What I mean is… I love the corner brownies everyone picks last and the crusty ends of bread. Anyway, I loved the crisp edges of this quiche!

Feel free to play around with the veggies. Cook down some spinach to replace the pepper or squash, use green or red peppers instead of orange, more zucchini instead of squash, or even a handful of kale. Whatever veggie you have in your crisper drawer right now will probably work just fine. I’m going to add some mushrooms next time!

Side note: Kevin suggested I add a little bacon to half next time. If you’re a meat eater, feel free to crumble 3-4 cooked slices and layer them in the with the veggies and cheese.

We are trying to eat a little healthier these few months before the wedding. So this quiche hit the spot as a lighter breakfast (and leftovers for dinner). I served this quiche with some fresh pineapple and Greek yogurt in the AM and alongside a crisp green salad as a meatless, low-carb dinner. Yes, we ate a lot of quiche on Tuesday…

Any way you serve it, you will not believe that a hefty slice of this flavorful crustless quiche is so low calorie with all that muscle-building protein. A tasty option for bikini and shorts (and oh-my-gosh-our-wedding-is-in-3-months) season.

I do not count calories for the food I eat and cook, nor do I typically post nutritional info because my blog’s focus is on having fun in the kitchen – not math. 😉 But I was extra curious about this recipe in particular so here is the breakdown:

• 3 large egg whites = 50
  • 3 large eggs = 215
  • 3/4 cup skim milk = 60
  • zucchini = 39
  • squash = 27
  • large bell pepper = 35
  • 2/3 cup reduced fat cheese = 198
  • grated parm = 41

Total = 665. 6 servings = 110.8.

110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche

Yield: 6 large servings

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes

A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and only 110 calories per serving. Get creative and use your favorite vegetables and spices!

• 1 and 1/2 cups sliced yellow squash (2 small or 1 very large)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (2 small or 1 very large)
  • 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped (or any color)
  • 2 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon ground thyme (or fresh chopped)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 3/4 cup milk1
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2/3 cup shredded cheese2
  • 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray and add sliced squash and zucchini, chopped pepper, roasted garlic, and thyme. A little pinch of salt and pepper, too. (The rest of the salt and pepper called for in the recipe goes into the egg mixture, so just use a pinch here). Stirring frequently, cook for 6-7 minutes or until veggies are tender. Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool as you prepare the egg mixture.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or square pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly combined. Arrange veggies into the prepared pan. Top with shredded cheese, then pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set and no longer jiggles. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving. This quiche makes great leftovers! Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
  5. Make it ahead: Baked quiche freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw overnight and bake at 350F to warm up for 20 minutes, give or take.

1. Recipe tested with both skim milk and unsweetened plain almond milk. Any milk will be OK.
  2. I used a blend reduced fat shredded cheddar and mozzarella. Use your favorite like goat cheese, feta, gouda, etc. If you aren't watching your calories too much, increase to about 3/4 - 1 full cup. My fiancé loves it with a little more cheese!

Feel free to bake this quiche with homemade crust, like my Cheesy Spinach Quiche recipe:

Cheesy Spinach Quiche with Homemade Pie Crust - impress all your brunch guests with this recipe!-11

Enjoy my 128-calorie Skinny Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars for dessert!

Skinny Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars - you won't even know they're light! Only 128 calories each!_

See more lightened-up meals and sweets.

A lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with heavy flavor and only 110 calories per giant serving!

122 Responses to “110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche.”

Theresaposted June 30, 2014 at 12:30 am

I made this last week and it was amazing! One of our new favorite dishes! I used zucchini, yellow squash, onions, and an orange pepper for the vegetables. I added a little extra shredded cheese because I wanted to be sure it would pass the test for my husband who is not a fan of meatless meals. We had a Caesar salad with it and it was a great meal! He ate the leftovers for lunch the next day! That’s how I knew it was a winner! Thanks for a great alternative to a quiche WITH a crust Sally, as that’s the only kind of quiche I’ve made. Can’t wait to make AND eat it again!

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Awesome, Theresa – so happy this was a hit! Kevin likes it with a little more cheese as well. Thank you for reporting back!

Ally Hposted July 7, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Made this three days in a row this long weekend because everyone loved it so much! I unhealthified it with some bacon, which was delicious. I also used parmesan for the cheese because it’s the only kind of cheese I like (sad, I know). Even my boyfriend’s mom who is convinced that she doesn’t like eggs went for seconds on this quiche. Thanks for the great recipe!

Jodee Weilandposted July 15, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I love this…it looks so delicious! What a great idea for a light and healthy breakfast…thanks for sharing!

Audraposted July 20, 2014 at 12:39 am

Sorry Sally, but I have a dumb questions. Does this mean in the recipe that I add 3 eggs and then 3 separate egg whites, for a total of like 6 eggs? Thanks in advance.

• Sallyreplied on July 20th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

3 eggs + 3 additional egg whites

• Audrareplied on July 20th, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Thank you! What I love so much about your recipes is that you really explain how to make each of them in the recipe. And they taste great and usually have ingredients we have right in our cabinets! : )

Mariaposted July 27, 2014 at 8:54 am

Another winner! Just finished eating this delicious quiche. Your very cheesy spinach quiche (which I have made about 4 times now) is a family favorite, but since it is swimsuit season and we have so many ice cream flavors to try 😉 I thought crustless might be a better option. It was so flavorful didn’t even miss the crust. Thank you.

DebbieLB @ Kids, Cows and Grassposted August 2, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for saying that you can use anything in your fridge! I just made this awesome quiche with zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, oregano, diced ham and mozzarella cheese! I plan to serve it beside grilled ribeye steaks tonight at supper and I’ll clean up the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks a bunch for a really versatile recipe!

Nathan Wannamakerposted August 19, 2014 at 12:24 am

I love this recipe so much!:D it’s so simple and is a great way to start your day. When i make it, i add 1 cup of drained cottage cheese. I LOVE cottage cheese and i also love that it adds a little extra bit of protein and it makes it a smidge more healthier:D I also like to bake mini quiches with this recipe. I just chop the veggies finer. Amazing recipe:D *****

Laraposted September 7, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I love this quiche! This is the 3rd time I make it, and this time I used feta cheese. It was awesome! One question: If I freeze and defrost it, at what temperature and how long should I bake it? Sorry for the newbie-ish question!

• Sallyreplied on September 8th, 2014 at 8:00 am

Thanks Lara! I just added a little freezing/thawing instruction to the recipe. I had forgotten to until now.

Lisa L.posted September 16, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Oh. my. gosh!! I made this last night. It was perfect since my husband won’t eat the crust anyway! Sooooo delicious. I didn’t have time to roast the garlic, so I just cooked it with the veggies. I used zucchini, onions and grape tomatoes. Also, i added a couple strips of leftover bacon that I had in the fridge. There were no leftovers, and it was just my husband and I– good thing it was low-cal, HAHA!! Thank you for another great recipe Sally!

• Sallyreplied on September 16th, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Thanks so much for reporting back Lisa! So glad you both enjoyed it – there’s never any leftovers here too!

Nicolaposted September 22, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I had been meaning to try this for a while, probably for Sunday tea ( a snacking meal in our house since lunch is the big one!) However, my daughter just changed schools and went back to packed lunches. This is a bit of a teaser for me as she doesn’t really like sandwiches very much! I’ve persuaded her to eat wraps, and she likes pasta salad, but I thought it was about time I brought out the big guns.

So yesterday I made this quiche with leek, broccoli, red pepper and courgette (oops, zucchini!). My daughter, my son and I ate about half of it as soon as it was cool enough – delicious! Then the big test came today when I put some of the leftovers in her lunch box, with some baby plum tomatoes and a packet of crisps (pops, chips!) for carbs. She actually told me it was the best packed lunch I’ve made her so far! Yet another ringing endorsement for Sally’s Baking Addiction…

• Sallyreplied on September 22nd, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Wonderful! Just wonderful. Thank you Nicola.

Courtney Andersonposted November 8, 2014 at 2:29 pm

This looks amazing! I am planning on making this for tomorrow’s breakfast… just wondered if it would be possible to put together the day before, refrigerate, and then bake in the morning?

• Sallyreplied on November 8th, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Absolutely. You can make it, refrigerate it, and bake it the next day.

Kathyposted November 14, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I made this tonight with onions, peppers, asparagus, fresh tomato, garlic, thyme, and vermont cheddar cheese. It was watery but tasted fine (cooked through). Any ideas on the cause of the clear liquid or how to prevent it?

• becreplied on December 20th, 2014 at 3:52 pm

It’s most likely from the tomato

Alison Palmerposted January 12, 2015 at 12:08 am

This was delicious and perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast! I used zucchini and red and green pepper (what I had in the fridge) and added fresh garlic. The flavor was great but it had a lot of liquid at the bottom. Any ideas how to correct this?

• Sallyreplied on January 13th, 2015 at 8:10 am

The bottom can be a little watery; that’s expected. Do you think you used too many veggies? I always use quite a lot but there isn’t a pool of water at the bottom. Perhaps try slightly reducing the veggies OR reduce the milk a bit.

• Nicolereplied on May 6th, 2015 at 11:32 am

I might suggest cooking your veggies a little longer to reduce their natural liquid. That might help :-)

britneyposted January 27, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I am for suure going to try this out! Thanks :)

Leslieposted March 27, 2015 at 9:09 am

Yum! I just made this last night with broccoli, mushrooms and a roasted bell pepper (what I had on hand). I used unsweetened almond milk, and it turned out so delicious! Thanks, Sally!

Izziposted May 17, 2015 at 10:56 am

I tried this tonight, just with salsa mix and spinach, fat free mozzarella cheese and a dash of almond milk. I only used egg whites and added in some indian spices. It tastes YUMMY!! Thanks for the idea. I’ve portioned it off for the next 6 days breakfast :).

• Sallyreplied on May 17th, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Sounds delicious!

Ella Barbeposted May 24, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I made this today and it’s simply delicious! I didn’t make any subs as I had all ingredients on hand. I look forward to making the cheesy spinach quiche for my next brunch. I make a lot of quiches  of my own design so I was really impressed with this recipe:-)

Christineposted May 29, 2015 at 10:30 am

This was my first attempt at a crustless quiche and this one turned out wonderful!! I used zucchini, red pepper, baby spinach, onion, and garlic and oh my it was so good. I also used just a little feta cheese and some sharp cheddar but not that much. I have been looking for some ideas to eat more veggies since I’m a picky eater and this is a great way and doesn’t bust my calorie budget. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on May 29th, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Wonderful! Thanks Christine.

Joyceposted June 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm

I make this all the time and it is never watery.  But I don’t put milk in mine.  I also add cooked sausage.  I just cook it in my iron skillet then pour 8 to 10 eggs, that have been whisked together with just a Tbls of water and salt and pepper,  and bake for 20 minutes.  The skillet is already hot and the the veggie’s are already hot so it doesn’t take long at all for the eggs to cook.

• Tinareplied on August 19th, 2015 at 10:56 am

Great idea on the skillet… Will try it your way next time. Although I won’t omit the milk (I use coconut or almond), as I like the more custard like texture that it provides.

Maddieposted June 3, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Good lord. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to eat this. Just put it in the oven a few minutes ago and it’s making my kitchen smell AWESOME. Thank you for the recipe, Sally! :)

Kathyposted June 14, 2015 at 2:39 pm

i made this last night and liked that it has many more veggies than most quiche recipes. The yellow squash is especially good in this. However it was too much thyme for my taste. Did you mean a tbsp? Next time I’d use a tsp instead.

Jaya Prakashposted June 22, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Thank you for this great recipe! Since I am in weight loss phase of my low carb, low fat plan, I am just going to tweak it just a bit to add steamed spinach and more zucchini instead of squash and use the low fat cheese as well as low fat parmesan. I will let you know how it worked.

Lizposted July 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm

I subbed fresh tomato for the bell pepper and this was absolutely delicious!! It was a tad watery, but I think it was caused by the tomato! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for an easy, healthy, and super tasty recipe!

Kristinposted July 17, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Made this for dinner again tonight – just wanted to thank you for sharing such a delicious, low-cal recipe!  It will stay in our monthly rotation!

Brittany Petersonposted July 25, 2015 at 11:23 am

Great recipe! I love quiche for any meal of the day, and this crustless version makes it something that I can enjoy more often :) Can’t wait to try it out soon!

Kayposted July 29, 2015 at 11:44 am

I had made a wonderful sautéed veggie dish for dinner. I make this dish often, however, this time I had substantial leftovers, The veggie dish included yellow squash, zucchini, onion,  jalapeno pepper and garlic, sautéed in some bacon fat. I really love to sautee this dish to the point that the onions carmalize.
    When I saw the leftovers I thought they would be good in a quiche. I hit upon this recipe and I must say that the quiche was not good…..it was great. My quiche was not at all liquids so I’m guessing that it was because of the sautee time.
    I’m thinking that when I have sautéed veggies on the menu for dinner I will always make extra.

Robynnposted August 2, 2015 at 10:34 am

Hi sally! Today I made a recipe that required me to use four egg yolks, so I’m now stuck with four egg whites. Do you think I could make this recipe with four egg whites and two whole eggs?
    Thanks :)

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2015 at 10:35 am

Yep, that would be fine.

• Robynnreplied on August 2nd, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Great! Thanks for the very quick reply!!

Mackenzieposted September 7, 2015 at 7:05 am

How much is one serveing? Like how many cups or grams??

Kathy Walshposted September 10, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Do you have nutritional information on this recipe 110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche. Thank you.

P. W. Nanceposted September 20, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Has anyone used sliced carrot medallions in this recipe and if so, how long do you sauté them for them to become soft?

Sabrinaposted October 2, 2015 at 12:11 pm

I made this quiche and am thrilled with the results!
    I didn’t follow the recipe perfectly (I used whole eggs instead of whole eggs + whites) but still got a lovely breakfast out of it. First of all, I shredded the zuchinni and sautéed it with onions and a generous dash of Trader Joe’s 21 Spice Salute. I then put the shredded zucchini in the bottom of my pan, layered with soy cheese, and then topped with the eggs. By shredded the zucchini, it almost acted like a pseudo-crust (though soft, as cooked zucchini tends to be) and the flavor was out of this world. I would’ve used thyme, but I didn’t have any so I tried the 21 spice from TJ’s and it’s pretty remarkable. This quiche also heats up really nicely and stores easily in the fridge so it’s a great make-ahead meal!