Peach Streusel Muffins.

This is my favorite peach muffin recipe! Buttery, tender, and moist, these peachy muffins are heavy on the crumb topping and sweet vanilla glaze.

Indulgent Peach Streusel Muffins! Love these!

How was your 4th of July weekend? Tell me about it. We went to a few parties on Friday and packed the rest of the weekend. Soooo 33% of the weekend was fun. Festive outfits, tons of cookies, buffalo chicken dip, brews, friends, and fireworks. Friday came and went way too fast.

Before the weekend got started, I made a big batch of these peach streusel muffins. And the weekend was immediately off to a delicious start.

Peach Streusel Muffins-- you'll make these on repeat this summer!

If you’re crazy about peaches, I have lots of good news for you.

(1) Don’t you just hate biting into a “fruity” muffin and there’s, like, two blueberries? What the heck is that? Well, there is no shortage of peaches in these muffins. Every single bite of full of them. Hallelujah, peach lovers.

(2) You can use fresh or frozen peaches. So, you know what that means! You can easily make these peach streusel muffins year-round. Any time you crave juicy summer peaches, you can make these muffins. I just bought about a dozen peaches and plan to peel, chop, and freeze them for the fall. Just so I can make these.

(3) What goes the best with peach? The sweet flavors of cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla… in case you were wondering. There’s lots of them in these muffins too.

Get ready to dig in!

Indulgent Peach Streusel Muffins! Love these!

There are no secret ingredients in this muffin recipe. Nothing fancy, nothing strange. Just a few basic ingredients to make one outrageous morning breakfast.

You may recognize this basic muffin recipe, actually. I use the same recipe in my Glazed Apple Crumb Muffins and my Buttery Blueberry Streusel Muffins. My popular Master Muffin Mix, which is perfect for big bakery style muffins, is a little too hearty for what I was craving with these juicy summer peaches.

If you’ve tried the blueberry streusel muffins or the apple version, then you know today’s peach streusel muffins will be amazing.

Indulgent Peach Streusel Muffins! Love these!

What I love most about these muffins is their texture. The muffins have more of a cake-like crumb, as a result of creaming butter and sugar together rather than using oil. They’re light as cupcakes. Cupcakes for breakfast.

The muffins are moist inside thanks to the eggs, yogurt, and juicy peaches. I’ve said it before, but eggs and yogurt are my “power ingredients” these days. Both perfect for giving your muffins that melt-in-your-mouth texture.

The crumb topping is absolutely my favorite part. Are you even surprised? I may or may not have picked the crumb topping off and eaten it first. Please say you do it too.

I know what you’re thinking. Buttery, cinnamon peach muffins with crumb topping… does it really get any better? Yes, it does. Add glaze. You will love the vanilla glaze that covers every nook and cranny and drops down the sides. Pure, sweet peachy perfect heaven.

Peach Streusel Muffins are filled to the brim with JUICY peaches!

Whatever the question is, I think these peach streusel muffins are the answer. They’re always the answer! Enjoy.

Peach Streusel Muffins

Yield: 12 standard size muffins

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes

This is my favorite peach muffin recipe! Buttery, tender, and moist, these peachy muffins are heavy on the crumb topping and sweet vanilla glaze.

Crumb Topping

• 1/3 cup (67g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon (15g) granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup (84g) all-purpose flour

• 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
  • 1/2 cup (120g) yogurt1
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 Tablespoons (45ml) milk (any kind)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups peeled, chopped peaches (3 peaches)2

• 1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons (45ml) heavy cream (or milk for a less creamy texture)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. First, make the crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine both sugars, the cinnamon, and melted butter. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flour. The crumb topping will be thick and crumbly. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
  3. Make the muffins: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on high until creamed, about 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until the mixture is combined and uniform in texture. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
  4. In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all-spice, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly mix with a whisk. Add the milk, gently whisking until combined and little lumps remain. Fold in the peaches with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
  5. Spoon the muffin batter evenly between all 12 muffin tins. There may be enough to make a 13th muffin in a 2nd batch, depending if there were a few extra peach chunks thrown in. Fill the muffin tins until they are full all the way up to the top. Press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each; crumble it with your hands to make some big chunks.
  6. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Make the glaze: whisk all of the ingredients together and drizzle over warm muffins.
  8. Make ahead tip: Muffins stay soft, fresh, and moist in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat up (if desired) before enjoying.

1. Use your favorite yogurt; I prefer low fat plain Greek yogurt but regular (not Greek) would be just fine. Try with apple flavored, vanilla, honey, nonfat, or full fat. Sour cream works as well.
  2. You can use chopped frozen peaches - do not thaw.

Try these tasty Peaches ‘n Cream Bars next!

Peaches 'n Cream Bars

Or this fabulously simple Rustic Strawberry Peach Tart.

Rustic Strawberry Peach Tart

And my Blueberry Peach Pie!

Peach Blueberry Pie

Or these Glazed Apple Crumb Muffins.

Glazed Apple Crumb Muffins

See more muffin recipes!

143 Responses to “Peach Streusel Muffins.”

Wendyposted July 25, 2014 at 10:17 am

Sally, these muffins are delicious! I think I may have to eat them all. What a great way to use up my summer peaches! Thank you.

Kateposted July 31, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I absolutely loved these! I have been eying this recipe for days. I live next to a fruit farm that sells the absolute BEST peaches, and I used theirs in this recipe. This was divine! One tip though, if you have the heavy cream, use it. I think it makes the icing thicker. I only used milk and it was very transparent. It was delicious, though! Great recipe, Sally!

Teresaposted August 1, 2014 at 4:59 pm

The only word that adequately describes these yummy muffins is marvelous! I made them today and they puffed up so nicely and smelled heavenly! I have six peach trees in our back yard and I am scouring recipes for ways to use up all these peaches. This recipe was sensational. Thanks for sharing, Sally.

Mayannposted August 3, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Wow! I made these muffins on Friday and they were out of this world. They should have a warning label. “May cause fluctuation in waistline, eat responsibly.” Everyone raved about them. This is hands down my favorite muffin recipe ever! Thanks so much Sally. :)

Carlaposted August 10, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I’ve been looking for new breakfast ideas, and these peach muffins sound like the perfect thing to bake up!

Hollyposted August 15, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Sally, you’ve done it again! These muffins where ahhhhh-mazing. Used fresh peaches from my produce box I get delivered weekly.
    But, by about day 3 sitting out- they started to smell rotten/sour. What gives?

• Sallyreplied on August 16th, 2014 at 7:30 am

I’m so glad you love their taste, Holly. But hoh my! That is so strange. I’ve never had that happen before. Mine usually don’t last that long and I freeze any leftovers.

• Jamie Cassidy~Voluntown Housewifereplied on September 9th, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I had the same thing happen which is was a total bummer as I love these muffins!! Lesson learned…next time I will be sure to keep them in the fridge or freezer!!

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2015 at 2:14 pm

That’s your best bet– I’ll make sure to include that Jamie. Thanks!

Kraitsposted August 24, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Hi This was my 1st recipe I made from your blog; I’m new. They were delicious!! Used fresh orchard peaches and they are delicious! Thank you!

Melissaposted August 29, 2014 at 12:10 pm

One of the best muffin recipes I’ve ever found! Just made them this morning, outstanding!

Lyraposted September 1, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Made these today with fresh local peaches. They were SO good. However when I baked them they didn’t rise, the tops spread all over my muffin pan. Any ideas about the cause? I am at about 3500 ft. (Altitude).

• Sallyreplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I’m unsure, Lyra. Are your baking soda and baking powder up to date?

• Lyrareplied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I was thinking that may be the issue. The baking soda is new but the baking powder is a little bit older. I guess I will have to make another batch, darnt 😉 My husband has devoured this and loves that they aren’t to sweet. Thank you!

Margaretposted September 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Can the peach muffins be frozen?

• Sallyreplied on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Yep, up to 2-3 months. I am unsure about a loaf pan.

Jordanposted September 4, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Can you used canned peaches? I don’t want the peaches to bake up when you cook it again and since canned peaches are already cooked some, i’m worried that’s what would happen.

Donna Thornberryposted September 4, 2014 at 6:09 pm

They are in the oven and they smell wonderful!

Jennposted September 5, 2014 at 5:44 pm

In the muffin portion of the recipe, you said “light or brown sugar”. I’m assuming you mean light or dark brown sugar???

• Sallyreplied on September 5th, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Yes. Thanks!

Ellenposted September 5, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I just got back from a vacation in Savannah, Georgia and stopped by a road side stand on the way home to pick up some Georgia peaches. I did a search on Pinterest to find a peach recipe to use them in and I ran across this one.

This is the best muffin recipe I have make…EVER! I have been trying different muffin recipes over the last year and kept having the same problem of a “heavy” muffin, not the cake like ones that I was striving for and certainly not the ones that rise the way yours does.

I am your newest fan. I love the way you give tips along with the recipes too. They help me avoid problems and figure out what I did wrong in some of my other baking mistakes. I love to try new recipes. I can’t wait to try more of yours.

Thank you for sharing your “baking addiction” with other addicts like me!

Cindy Tannenposted September 7, 2014 at 4:28 pm

made them according to recipe. very good muffins, plenty of streusel, muffin cups were very full but worked just fine. our peaches were really big so it took just one to make 1 1/2 cups chopped, chopped a second and put in freezer because I am sure I will make again. glaze was good but really prefer without, they did not need the added sweetness.

Mackenzieposted September 11, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I made these last night and OMG they were to DIE for!!! My hubby and daughter couldn’t get enough!!! Thanks for sharing!

Natalieposted September 25, 2014 at 12:00 pm

can these be made into a cake instead? how long/what temp would you bake? thanks!

Lynnposted September 28, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Best muffins! Thanks for sharing.

Melissaposted December 8, 2014 at 6:25 am

I am a big fan. Attempted the apple streusel muffins and soft chocolate chip cookies with good success.

I am wondering if i would be able to substitute peaches with mangoes?

Anyway attempting it this evening! Wish me luck ;p

• Sallyreplied on December 8th, 2014 at 9:22 am

Aaliyahposted December 22, 2014 at 8:15 pm

What type of yogurt do you use ?

Nataliaposted April 4, 2015 at 9:52 am

Thank U so much for the recipe, muffins came out very tasty and the most important they stayed fresh for a long time, I used canne peaches:) Greetings from Poland:)

Heatherposted April 19, 2015 at 11:59 am

I made these muffins last night. They are really good, but for some reason they don’t look anything like yours! My daughter is devouring them. Thanks for another great recipe!

Jenniferposted May 10, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Have to say these are my new favourite muffins!!! I bake for my school’s morning meeting every other week so I am constantly looking for new recipes. Comments from staff and my boyfriend – “these are the best muffins ever”!!! I have made them twice this week already!
    Simply delicious!!! I love when some of the topping spills over onto the pan and makes a crusty mess!
    Thank you for this delicious recipe – I have printed the apple one and will be making this for the next meeting!

• Sallyreplied on May 10th, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Thanks so much for reporting back Jennifer!

Sharon Clairposted May 15, 2015 at 5:46 pm

You are amazing love your receipes.

roxieposted June 3, 2015 at 4:07 pm

would love to know the calorie count of recipes and looking for low cal recipes, thanks

Brittneyposted June 5, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Could I use canned peaches or would they be too mushy straight out of the can? If I freeze the canned peaches will it work? Thanks!

Christina Tposted July 3, 2015 at 9:57 am

If I dont have yogurt, what can be substituted?

• Sallyreplied on July 3rd, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Sour cream works!

Lauraposted July 8, 2015 at 11:08 am

Sally–loved the photos of your muffins which made me want to make these.  Couple of question for you:  Did you use all the batter for 12 muffins? I did and the muffins cups were extremely full so when baked, the overflowed some and didn’t look s pretty as yours.  Perhaps your muffin tin has larger sized cups? Secondly, my crumb topping was not as dry/crumbly as your seems prior to baking.  Not sure what went wrong there as I used your exact measurements.

• Sallyreplied on July 8th, 2015 at 11:19 am

Hi Laura! I use my standard muffin pan. If your muffin cups are WAY too full, you can use a second tray and fill a few more cups to yield a few more muffins. Instead of melted butter in the streusel, you can try cutting in cold butter. The streusel will keep its shape a little better.

Lizbethposted July 9, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Hi Sally
    I’m a big fan! I want to make these peaches for a meeting tomorrow:)
    The only problem is I don’t have yogurt or sour cream. Is there anything else I could use? Or do you think the results would change if I just left it out?

• Sallyreplied on July 10th, 2015 at 7:16 am

Buttermilk is the next best option– enjoy!

Racquelposted July 22, 2015 at 12:51 am

Oh my gosh Sally these look to die for!  Absolutely gorgeous!  I am saving a bunch of your muffin recipes and am planning to bake them for my nearest shelter!  I’m so excited!  Would this recipe work with strawberries too?

• Sallyreplied on July 22nd, 2015 at 8:26 am

Such a sweet gesture Racquel. You can use strawberries in these muffins, yes!

Jenposted July 23, 2015 at 1:15 am

Hi Sally. I doubled the recipe and they are not baking through! I’ve had them in the oven for over an hour and they’re still gooey in the inside while the outside is getting very well done. I made the muffins normal size and I followed the recipe exactly. Were my peaches too juicy or something? I don’t know if I should just throw them all out at this point. :(

• Sallyreplied on July 23rd, 2015 at 9:28 am

The regular size muffins have been in the oven for over an hour?! My only guess is either the oven temperature is way off or there is too much moisture due to the peaches. How about cutting back on the amount?

PAULENEposted July 23, 2015 at 10:50 am

Just wondering if I can put oats in the crumb topping recipe, will it be okey? I’ve been planning on making this sunday for my family. Thank you

• Sallyreplied on July 23rd, 2015 at 11:52 am

You can certainly add some, yes!

PAULENEposted July 23, 2015 at 10:59 am

By the way I made your Dark Chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies and it was a hit. Everybody loved it, I even doubled the recipe and put some of the cookie dough in the freezer for future use, too bad it did’nt last long because my family can’t get enough of it, Anyway thank you again Sally, you inspire me big time!!

Maryamposted July 26, 2015 at 10:49 am

Can I use my 20*20 cm baking Pan instead of muffins pan?

Maryamposted July 30, 2015 at 5:54 am

I wanted to thank u very much for these lovely delicious recepie you put here. I made this recepie and also carrot cake and brownies from your recepies and they were fantastic and everyone like that. I wanted to know if I wanted to lower the amount of sugar in recepies without changing in the texture of the cake,how much sugar I have to lower? And also can I use cake Pan instead of muffins pan for muffins recepie???

Daleposted July 30, 2015 at 6:35 pm

These are wonderful….I will be making these again for sute:)))

Katherineposted August 2, 2015 at 11:07 am

Thank you for this recipe!  These muffins are delicious.

Cindyposted August 9, 2015 at 11:21 am

Already made three batches in two days.  Nothing more can be said except FANTASTIC. My grandmother came from the south and said she hated to admit it but yours are better.  Question please, can you freeze these, if so before you bake or after. Have an abundance of  peachess and don’t want to loose a one.  Thank you for the recipe, and looking forward to your answer so I can move on.  Again thank you.

• Sallyreplied on August 9th, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Absolutely! See step 8.

Dawnposted August 15, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Yummy! I’ve already baked 2 batches! Could I substitute or omit the sour cream to make it dairy free? Instead on the 3 T of milk, I used 1 T of peach juice.

Katrinaposted August 19, 2015 at 1:28 pm

In the oven!! I made them with my kids, and they thought Peach yogurt might be tasty . So I did 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 peach yogurt. Then we used one last TBSP of the peach yogurt in the glaze too… We are excited to see how they turn out! They smell fantastic!!

Audraposted August 23, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Just made a batch of these amazing peach muffins. I didn’t put the glaze on them because I was just out of confectioners sugar. Turns out I didn’t need it.  My Hubby loved them! I plan on making a second batch tonight.
    I will definitely be making lots of these.

marianneposted September 8, 2015 at 6:58 pm

My daughter and I loved these muffins they were gone faster then we could make them.   We want to use apples since it is apple season, but they may be drier then the peaches.   Does anyone have any tips on what to do with the apples prior to adding them to the batter.   Thanx will take any advice.   Marianne

Jamie Cassidy~Voluntown Housewifeposted September 9, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I love these muffins! I have two huge peach trees in my yard and each year I look forward to making these with my fresh peaches! I just made spicy peach stuffed beer pretzels with my peach along with your muffins!! I shared a link to these muffins on my blog!!
    I can’t get enough of them! I did have the same problem that a few others had with leaving them out. They got went rotten but I think if I had put them in the fridge they would have been fine!!