14 Slim-Down Smoothies.

I have, I don’t know, a million smoothie recipes that I rotate between each week. And I try to share as many of my smoothie concoctions with you as I can without smoothie-ing you out. I drink one nearly everyday.

Peaunt Butter Jelly Protein Smoothie

Lately, it’s been this beautifying recipe. And I can’t sing its praises enough!

Truth is, I drink smoothies everyday because they’re just damn good. The added bonus is that smoothies are so good for our bodies, our hair, our skin, our metabolisms, our energy levels, and so on. These vitamin and antioxidant-rich drinks are absolutely the easiest way to get in all your fruits and veggies.

Instead of settling for your go-to strawberry-banana smoothie each time, try throwing some veggies, exotic fruits, coconut water, and/or nut butter into your blender for a delicious, nutrient-dense boost.

14 Slim-Down Smoothies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Between green smoothies, peanut butter & jelly smoothies, high protein smoothies, and smoothies that taste like candy bars (seriously!) – I can’t choose favorites. I love them all.

By the way– feel free to add protein powder to any of these. I don’t like the stuff, so I don’t put them in my smoothies.

Here are some smoothie recipes to try:

1) Sunshine Smoothie. Perfect for rainy days when you need some cheering up. Super creamy – tastes like a tropical version of an orange julius.

2) Superfood Power Smoothie. Two toned because it looks pretty cool and you’ll feel fancy drinking it. (This is how my mind works.) It’s filled with super foods including spinach, strawberries, flax, and apple. Refreshing, nutrient packed, no added sugar.

3) Key Lime Pie Milkshake. Ok, so it’s not actually a smoothie. It’s a lightened-up dessert made with creamy vanilla frozen yogurt, tart key lime, and graham cracker. Slimmer than eating a slice of key lime pie, that’s for sure.

4) Detox Smoothie. Forget everything you hear about green smoothies tasting like vegetables. Because this one does NOT. In fact, I usually add more spinach than the recipe states. Perfect after a vacation or weekend indulging.

5) Strawberry Mango Breakfast Smoothie. A smoothie parfait of sorts. Filling, fruity, creamy, juicy. This is so good! I usually make it with oatmeal raisin cookie granola.

6) Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. 28 grams of protein. No protein powder. Tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Need I type more??

7) Skinny Funfetti Milkshake. Frozen bananas and vanilla extract whipped together to vanilla soft-serve consistency. Add sprinkles. Kinda tastes like a funfetti cupcake.

8) Glowing Skin Smoothie. Drinking it everyday pre-wedding. My skin has never looked so bright and clear.

9) Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Smoothie. 23 grams of protein! No protein powder. Tastes like your favorite childhood sandwich. And it’s so, so filling.

10) Strawberry Banana Milkshakes. Thicker than a smoothie, this skinny milkshake almost tastes like strawberry soft serve. Only 3 ingredients.

11) Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Bursting with skin-beautifying vitamin C. 5 ingredients are all you need and it tastes like a creamsicle popsicle.

12) Skinny Almond Joy Milkshakes. Tastes like one of my favorite candy bars! Perfect healthy option for dessert. I usually make it after a hard workout.

13) Mint Chocolate Milkshakes. Thick & creamy mint chocolate goodness without all the calories and fat. Another healthy option for dessert!

14) 67 calorie Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. Fraction of the calories and fat, all of the pumpkin spice flavor that you love. Not really a smoothie, but a slim-down favorite for sure. It’s my go-to fall beverage.

Pumpkin Spice Frappe

PS: I love pretty straws.

Q: What is your favorite smoothie recipe like?

Q: Have you tried any of my smoothie recipes? Thoughts? Favorites?

48 Responses to “14 Slim-Down Smoothies.”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted August 26, 2014 at 6:32 am

That pumpkins spice frapp? I NEED IT NOW. Starbucks just released pumpkin, so I can do it too.
    My favorite protein shake is just a simple chocolate Greek yogurt one, sometimes adding a bit of cheesecake pudding mix to make it thick!! Pinned :)

Heather @ Shards of Lavenderposted August 26, 2014 at 7:14 am

I love any of Dashing Dish’s protein shakes and drink one almost everyday. They’re so filling and I find myself not craving the sweet thing so much when I’m properly fueled for the day. Your Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino is my favorite so far!

Stephposted August 26, 2014 at 7:49 am

I have never tried a key lime pie! Do you have a recipe?

• Sallyreplied on August 26th, 2014 at 8:06 am

I do! It’s in my cookbook.

• Stephreplied on August 26th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I’ve been thinking of buying it for a while now, and now I have yet another good excuse to buy it! Thanks for the info.

Vanessa Marquisposted August 26, 2014 at 8:07 am

Thank you so much for all of these recipes! They all look so good, can’t wait to try them!!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spiceposted August 26, 2014 at 8:26 am

What a great smoothie collection, Sally! Each one looks better than the next! I must add some of these into my own rotation. Delish!

Kerry @ Kerry Cooksposted August 26, 2014 at 8:30 am

Perfect timing! My smoothie maker is already doing heavy duty making me breakfast smoothies every morning! I’ve been making something similar to your green smoothie, with banana, almond milk, avocado, spinach, blueberry and some protein powder and it’s delicious!

Laurposted August 26, 2014 at 10:11 am

I am so weird with protein powders, too. I use them as coffee creamer, actually haha. My one and only has been Cellucor’s peanut butter and marshmallow (go figure). It’s the only one which doesn’t do funky things to my tummy.

I need these straws right meow. I’ve been drinking out of straws for the last couple of days and love it lol!

• Sallyreplied on August 26th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Protein powders don’t make me feel well at all – that pb+marshmallow sounds good though!

Robinposted August 26, 2014 at 10:29 am

Hi Sally! Thanks to you, I now drink smoothies every day for lunch, frozen bananas have revolutionized my world! I have a produce stand near me that has the best peaches so I have been freezing them in slices to use for smoothies. My latest concoction I call “Peach Cobbler a la mode”: 1 frozen banana, about 6 frozen peach slices, a spoonful of plain greek yogurt, a few spoonfuls of vanilla greek yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon. It tastes like peach cobbler soft serve, you have to try it! I love your PB&J smoothie recipe, it is a favorite.

• Sallyreplied on August 26th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I am absolutely trying the peach cobbler a la mode smoothie Robin! Thanks so much for the suggestion. I cannot wait!

Robinposted August 26, 2014 at 10:30 am

Oh, I forgot, I also use a little splash of unsweetened almond milk to help the peach cobbler smoothie mix up.

bethanposted August 26, 2014 at 10:53 am

Oh man these all look amazing… time to whack out my smoothie maker!

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventuresposted August 26, 2014 at 11:24 am

All of these smoothies look amazing!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 26, 2014 at 11:33 am

Sally I have so many smoothie recipes too and I was actually going to make and shoot one today for a post next week but then I thought well it’s the fall, do people want smoothies still? I mean I do b/c I live in a warmer place and like you said, they’re good for you and fill you up and they’re easy :) I love all the ones you shared, love the collage, and great to see them all in one place! Pinned of course!

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchenposted August 26, 2014 at 11:38 am

OMGsh Sally! I woke up to this in my email inbox and was ridiculously excited. I want to try the pumpkin one and the orange! :) Great round-up!

Beth @ bethcakesposted August 26, 2014 at 12:06 pm

What an awesome smoothie round up! For the last couple of months, I’ve been trying to drink smoothies for breakfast or as a snack just so I can eat some more fruits and veggies, but I do get tried of the ones I make over and over. Definitely trying these! Especially the funfetti one. :)

Alexis @ Upside Down Pearposted August 26, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I love smoothies that have bananas, nut butters, and greek yogurt in them. Mmmm…sometimes I add in a little honey just to give is a bit of sweetness. These all look delicious and I can’t wait to get my blender back out and give these a go!

• Sallyreplied on August 26th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Most of mine have frozen bananas – can’t beat their texture and I love the taste! I should add almond butter to more of my smoothies. I love how it tastes in them!

Renéeposted August 26, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I’m so glad I found this post. They all look delicious. I’m going to go downstairs right now and see if I have what I need for the Sunshine Smoothie – it looks like just the ticket for this hot summer day!

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 7:57 am

Enjoy, Renee! That is one of my favorites.

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted August 26, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I love your smoothie recipes Sally! I love coming home from a long weekend run or walk and making one of these to refuel and hydrate too. Plus, most of them taste just as good as a naughty thickshake so I feel like I am treating myself at the same time :)
    Can’t wait to pick up some pineapple on the weekend and try your latest Glowing Skin Smoothie!

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 7:55 am

Thanks Amy – and my long runs are always followed up with a smoothie too. Tastes especially good!

Jordan Scottposted August 26, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I am definitely trying that beautifying smoothie! And anything peanut buttery and chocolate is my go-to as well! Drinking a great green juice is super important since I’m walking along the dirty air of NYC every day!

Stacey@Bake.Eat.Repeat.posted August 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm

What a great round-up, I can’t wait to try all of these! I make smoothies almost daily too, although mostly because I have a fruit and veggie hating 3 year old and it’s the only way to get them into him! I don’t usually use a recipe, but I’ll have to make an exception because these look amazing, and I’ve never had a Reese’s smoothie so that needs to be tried for sure. Pinned!

Caleyposted August 27, 2014 at 6:19 am

I love the key-lime-pie recipe! Of course ;) But you know me; all the fruit ones are my favorites :D

ami@naivecookcooksposted August 27, 2014 at 7:59 am

Sally this is one much needed smoothie recipes post!! Saving it!

Crisposted August 27, 2014 at 8:08 am

Woow :) Great post! I will try out some of your smoothie ideas as I am a big lover of them :) Cheers, Cris

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapronposted August 27, 2014 at 8:15 am

Sally – this is such a great round up of smoothies! I feel like I have a smoothie almost every day too and I love what it does for my health and overall energy. I can’t wait to try some of these that I haven’t tried already. Gorgeous photos too! Pinned :)

Shannynposted August 27, 2014 at 9:46 am

I love love love #6; it has become my daily post-workout drink! I love it!
    I found the most amazing thing in the freezer section: Frozen CUBES of spinach, kale and other veggie purees (Look in the ‘ethnic/International’ or ‘Indian’ section of your grocery store) that are 1/4 cup which I always always add to this smoothie.

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 8:39 pm

That sounds pretty cool Shannyn – I’ll look for them!

Rosette @ longbakethequeen.composted August 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Do you have any suggestions for replacing the banana in most smoothies? I know it adds texture and body, but even just the smell makes me gag. Same for yogurt! (Maybe I’m not meant to have smoothies? haha)

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I would say smoothies aren’t for you! But hey, a frozen mango + berry + almond milk (or regular milk) + greens is very tasty!

• Tonyareplied on September 4th, 2014 at 10:10 am

Some people substitute cottage cheese, doesn’t really have a flavor and makes for a super creamy smoothie. I don’t care for it because I can’t get past the mental drinking cottage cheese thing but maybe that’s just me lol

Cristina P de Garcíaposted August 27, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Tienes ya un libro de smoothies? Pudieras publicar la portada, pues yo tengo tu libro de Sallys Baking addiction … Gracias

Arhumposted August 28, 2014 at 12:04 am

Sally!! I just have to say (completely irrelevant to this post sry) that I love love love your blog!! I’ve been really into baking this summer since schools out (I’m 15) and I discovered your blog almost 2 months ago while trying to find a good chocolate chip recipe, your recipe was perfect. then your blog kept popping up while I looked for more recipes of other desserts, there’s a reason why you are such a popular blogger Sally and it’s because your recipes are always perfect and so is your stunning photography. literally I’ve gotten to a point where if a recipes on your blog I can immediately trust that it’s going to be amazing. I made so many recipes of yours, all of them have turned out perfect and you change my life with banana whip. I just had to comment because your recipes make me so happy and I thought I should just let you know :)))

• Sallyreplied on August 28th, 2014 at 6:09 am

Thank you for all the kind words Arhum! I really appreciate it. And banana whip IS life changing. So, so good. I make it all the time. My freezer is full of frozen banana chunks!

Jenposted August 28, 2014 at 10:32 am

So, I made the Glowing Skin Smoothie for the first time yesterday and I have to say…. OH MY!!!! Absolutely fantastic! I have shared the recipe with so many already :-) I have enough of all ingredients to live on these for another couple of days! haha I found I had a great level of energy following the one I had yesterday morning, so made sure I didn’t leave the house without one this morning. Great stuff!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your website! Thank you!~
    Jen *wondering if I could have used any more exclamation marks* LOL

• Sallyreplied on August 28th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I love your excitement and exclamations. Thanks for the fun comment Jen!

Cristina P de Garcíaposted August 28, 2014 at 11:35 am

congratulations on your big projects. congratulations, your book this luxury, I loved it. you have a book of smoothies and ?, Might teach the cover? , I have your first book! and would not hesitate to buy another! Yesterday I made my daughter a smoothie of dinner and wow! Delicious! from Sonora, Mexico, a fraternal embrace. thanks for sharing!

Mateaposted August 28, 2014 at 6:06 pm

The layered smoothie looks impressive! It must taste delicious!

Emilyposted August 29, 2014 at 10:16 am

Sally have you heard of Blendfresh by Blendtec yet? It would be awesome in these smoothies! Let me know if you want more info! LOVE these recipes!

Ordinary Blogger (Rivki Locker)posted September 1, 2014 at 10:48 pm

I’m with you! I drink at least one smoothie a day, sometimes two. I’ve gotten in a rut lately though and some of these look great to mix things up! Bookmarking a whole bunch of these to try soon.

Ayuposted September 4, 2014 at 1:57 am

Hi Sally! Those smoothies u made look heavenly! Wonder if u have tried kale instead of spinach?
    Tastes great and perfect for food indulging people like us! Love your blog so much! Keep on writing!

• Sallyreplied on September 4th, 2014 at 7:16 am

Kale would be just fine. Enjoy!

Jessica Clarkposted November 9, 2014 at 9:03 pm

The strawberry banana milkshake is happening in my kitchen in the morning! Yum!! Thanks!

Lucyposted December 9, 2014 at 4:34 am

So many great smoothies, thanks for the great suggestions. :) I want to make the 5th one right now.