14 Slim-Down Smoothies.
I have, I don’t know, a million smoothie recipes that I rotate between each week. And I try to share as many of my smoothie concoctions with you as I can without smoothie-ing you out. I drink one nearly everyday.
Lately, it’s been this beautifying recipe. And I can’t sing its praises enough!
Truth is, I drink smoothies everyday because they’re just damn good. The added bonus is that smoothies are so good for our bodies, our hair, our skin, our metabolisms, our energy levels, and so on. These vitamin and antioxidant-rich drinks are absolutely the easiest way to get in all your fruits and veggies.
Instead of settling for your go-to strawberry-banana smoothie each time, try throwing some veggies, exotic fruits, coconut water, and/or nut butter into your blender for a delicious, nutrient-dense boost.
Between green smoothies, peanut butter & jelly smoothies, high protein smoothies, and smoothies that taste like candy bars (seriously!) – I can’t choose favorites. I love them all.
By the way– feel free to add protein powder to any of these. I don’t like the stuff, so I don’t put them in my smoothies.
Here are some smoothie recipes to try:
1) Sunshine Smoothie. Perfect for rainy days when you need some cheering up. Super creamy – tastes like a tropical version of an orange julius.
2) Superfood Power Smoothie. Two toned because it looks pretty cool and you’ll feel fancy drinking it. (This is how my mind works.) It’s filled with super foods including spinach, strawberries, flax, and apple. Refreshing, nutrient packed, no added sugar.
3) Key Lime Pie Milkshake. Ok, so it’s not actually a smoothie. It’s a lightened-up dessert made with creamy vanilla frozen yogurt, tart key lime, and graham cracker. Slimmer than eating a slice of key lime pie, that’s for sure.
4) Detox Smoothie. Forget everything you hear about green smoothies tasting like vegetables. Because this one does NOT. In fact, I usually add more spinach than the recipe states. Perfect after a vacation or weekend indulging.
6) Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. 28 grams of protein. No protein powder. Tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Need I type more??
7) Skinny Funfetti Milkshake. Frozen bananas and vanilla extract whipped together to vanilla soft-serve consistency. Add sprinkles. Kinda tastes like a funfetti cupcake.
8) Glowing Skin Smoothie. Drinking it everyday pre-wedding. My skin has never looked so bright and clear.
9) Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Smoothie. 23 grams of protein! No protein powder. Tastes like your favorite childhood sandwich. And it’s so, so filling.
10) Strawberry Banana Milkshakes. Thicker than a smoothie, this skinny milkshake almost tastes like strawberry soft serve. Only 3 ingredients.
11) Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Bursting with skin-beautifying vitamin C. 5 ingredients are all you need and it tastes like a creamsicle popsicle.
12) Skinny Almond Joy Milkshakes. Tastes like one of my favorite candy bars! Perfect healthy option for dessert. I usually make it after a hard workout.
13) Mint Chocolate Milkshakes. Thick & creamy mint chocolate goodness without all the calories and fat. Another healthy option for dessert!
14) 67 calorie Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. Fraction of the calories and fat, all of the pumpkin spice flavor that you love. Not really a smoothie, but a slim-down favorite for sure. It’s my go-to fall beverage.
PS: I love pretty straws.
Q: What is your favorite smoothie recipe like?
Q: Have you tried any of my smoothie recipes? Thoughts? Favorites?