What Are You Grateful For?
It’s been a month of complete chaos, deep uncertainty, and divided opinions. As we sit here, less than a week from our Thanksgiving feast and just over a month until Hanukkah as well as Christmas day, I’d like us all to take a moment and list what we are most grateful for. Why? I feel it’s needed, for us all.
Often, we all feel lost in the season’s big demands of little details. And trust me, I default to hustle mode every single year.
- Is my pie pretty enough?
- How do I make the best tasting turkey for all 15 people?
- I don’t have enough oven space for 54 side dishes!?!
- I need 5 dozen cookies for the school’s bake sale and I need them yesterday.
- My house is in a constant state of epic mess.
- Pinterest makes this DIY mason jar ornament craft wreath thingy look so easy.
- Work holiday party
- Friend’s holiday party
- Family holiday party
- The dog keeps stealing and hiding my socks. (Looking at you, FRANKLIN.)
And we forget the real, the right now, this moment, the big meaningful stuff. We’re lost in the busy; missing the meaning, compassion, and depth.
Today there’s no recipe, no giveaway. Except for those soft chocolate chip cookies you see above. Recently reshot! Simply 5 things in my life that hold the most weight. This is what I’m most grateful for this holiday season.
And I invite you to do the same.
(Either in your thoughts or comment below!)
- My family, friends, and hard-working husband
- Our new home
- Good health
- Jude and Frank 🙂
- This unbelievable career, the stronger person I’ve become of it, and the relationships I’ve developed along the way
- Ok just a couple more! apple pie, coffee, photography, weekends, oversized chunky sweaters, prayer.
Hopefully we can leave behind the pressure we put on ourselves these last few weeks of 2016 and remember what’s at the heart of it.