1 Giant Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie
This recipe makes 1 giant peanut butter cookie – enough to share, but who wants to do that?!
You see, I like cookies. And I especially like cookie pies. You know, those HUGE cookies the size of a pizza? They’re too good to be true. I had a big peanut butter cookie craving the other day… the kind a pizza cookie could remedy.
However, I clearly do not need a cookie THAT big, nor do I need an entire batch of cookies lying around my apartment. My solution was to take the middle road and bake a moderately-sized pizza cookie. About the size of my head. 😉
The cookie is giant. Completely ridiculous. Over the top. It’s absolutely everything you want and more, trust me. The cookie recipe is reduced from a larger dough recipe – only 2 tablespoons of this, 2 tablespoons of that. This recipe could be easily divided into 4 smaller peanut butter cookies if this big guy is too much to handle! Be sure to reduce the baking time to about 9-10 minutes if going that route.
What I love MOST about this recipe is that you don’t even need a mixer! Everything is mixed by hand, in one bowl. Raise your hand if you love an easy clean up!
1 Giant Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (if using natural peanut butter, use a thick no-stir variety)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugars until combined. Mix in egg and vanilla. Stir in peanut butter then add flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in Reese's Pieces and chocolate chips until combined. With a large spoon, scoop into a ball onto prepared baking sheet. The dough will be sticky. Make sure the cookie dough ball is tall and round. I topped the cookie dough with a few extra Reese's Pieces before baking.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until edges are lightly browned. The center may appear undone but it will set as the cookie cools. Let cool ON the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Feel free to use any mix-ins you'd like as long as they add up to no more than 1/2 cup. Nuts, chopped candy bars, white chocolate chips, etc. Get creative!
Adapted from Picky Palate
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.