Perfect for sharing, homemade chocolate chip cookie pizza is studded with chocolate chips, simple to prepare, and the ultimate crowd pleaser. It’s part pizza, part cookie, and 100% delicious!
Chocolate chip cookie pizza isn’t anything new or groundbreaking, but it certainly deserves a spot on our dessert tables. Why? It feeds a crowd, uses my soft chocolate chip cookies dough as the base, and is one giant cookie in pizza form! Part pizza, part cookie, all pizookie (!!), all magnificent.
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
- Simple to make
- Soft and chewy centers
- Crisp, buttery edges
- Fun to decorate
- Quick—no cookie dough chilling (just like shortbread cookies)
- Feeds a crowd
- Easy to serve
- Great for birthday celebrations and BBQ cookout desserts
Overview: Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
Today’s chocolate chip cookie pizza comes together quickly and easily using pantry basics. This is a fun recipe to get kids involved with, too!
- Make the cookie dough.
- Press the cookie dough into a pizza pan.
- Bake and let cool.
Cookie Pizza Decoration Ideas
Once the cookie pizza has cooled completely, have fun decorating it! You have total creative control here—just like a chocolate chip cookie cake, but even bigger. 🙂 Here are a few ways I love to decorate cookie pizzas:
- Pipe frosting (use chocolate buttercream or vanilla buttercream)
- Dollop with whipped cream and sprinkles
- Drizzle with salted caramel or chocolate ganache
- Write a message (happy birthday!) with a piping tip and frosting
This is The Quickest Way to Cookies
Homemade chocolate chip cookie pizza is quick and easy—it’s a great dessert to make when pressed for time. Only one hour stands between you and homemade cookies (in pizza form)! You’ll save lots of time by using my soft chocolate chip cookies dough to make today’s cookie pizza instead of individual cookies. There’s no dough chilling or rolling the cookie dough into individual balls. (You don’t need to chill the dough for my chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chip cookie cake, or cookie dough frosted cookie cups either.) We’re simply making the cookie dough and pressing it into a pan. And since the cookie pizza is a thin layer, it takes a short amount of time to bake and a short amount of time to cool.
More No Chill Cookie Recipes
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lace Cookies
- Black and White Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches (just like Nutter Butters!)
- Mini M&M Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
Easier than rolling individual cookies and no cookie dough chilling. Chocolate chip cookie pizza is perfect for sharing!
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup (225g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Lightly grease your 12-inch pizza pan.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla extract, then mix on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add the chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the pizza pan and flatten out with your fingers or a rubber spatula until the edges reach the sides (or just about to the sides).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on top. If you want the cookie pizza a little crispier on the edges, bake for a couple extra minutes. Allow the cookie pizza to cool on the pan set on a wire rack before slicing. Cover leftovers and store at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Prepare cookie dough through step 4. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months in the freezer. If freezing, thaw in the refrigerator before continuing with the next step.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): 12-inch Pizza Pan (here is another one I recommend) | Glass Mixing Bowl | Whisk | Electric Mixer (Handheld or Stand) | Rubber Spatula | Cooling Rack
- Just for Fun: Right after I take the cookie pizza out of the oven, I press a few chocolate chips into the top while it’s still warm. This is really just for looks. And extra chocolate!
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Dough: For a denser, chewier chocolate chip cookie pizza you can use my chewy chocolate chip cookies dough instead. Same bake time, same oven temperature. The result is definitely a richer tasting cookie pizza, but I find the pizza spreads and thins out more because of the melted butter and, as a result, the slices aren’t as compact.
- Birthday Cookie Cake: I mix in about 2/3 cup (127g) of sprinkles with the chocolate chips for the birthday version pictured below. Be sure not to mix nonpareils (the little balls) into the cookie dough because they may bleed their color. They’re perfect for sprinkling on top before or after baking though.
Keywords: cookie pizza, chocolate chip cookie pizza