Use your favorite white wine in this irresistible apple cider sangria. We love it because it’s bursting with fall’s best flavors like apple, cider, citrus, cinnamon, and pear. I recommend making a batch of this simple autumn cocktail ahead of time to let the flavors truly mingle.
Favorite Fall Cocktail
All the autumn things are happening right now! The leaves are changing, we’re wearing cozy sweaters, eating pumpkin spiced everything, and baking our favorite fall recipes. I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year! To celebrate, let’s whip up a batch of apple cider sangria. It’s my favorite fall cocktail and here’s why:
- Filled with fall’s glorious flavors like apples, oranges, pomegranate, pears, and more!
- The easiest big-batch cocktail, perfect for fall entertaining.
- Always impressive, especially when served with a cinnamon stick garnish. 🙂
- Takes just minutes to prepare.
- Tastes best if made ahead, saving you time when it’s cocktail hour.
- Loaded with fruit, which gets nice and boozy the longer it sits. YES!
- Totally customizable– use whatever in-season fruit you love.
Get your pitchers ready!
Ingredients in Apple Cider Sangria
Today’s recipe is adapted from my honeycrisp apple sangria, where I use red wine. (It’s another fall favorite!) Here we’ll use white wine and with a few extra ingredients.
- Apple Cider: Apple cider serves as the foundation of this cocktail. If desired, you can even make your own homemade apple cider in the slow cooker.
- White Wine: Any mild white wine is perfect and it doesn’t have to be super fancy. I usually use Pinot Grigio.
- Brandy, Orange Juice, & Lemon Juice: These are flavorful additions for a truly spectacular sangria. I don’t recommend leaving them out.
- Fall Fruits: Use seasonal fruits like apples, pears, oranges, and pomegranate. You need 5 cups of fruit total and feel free to substitute your favorites.
- Cinnamon Sticks: A must! When made without, I found the sangria lacked a true fall flavor that only cinnamon can provide. Pick up a few extra as garnish.
- Club Soda: Add a touch of club soda right before serving. (So it doesn’t lose its fizz!) Club soda gives the apple cider sangria a little extra pop. Avoid sweetened carbonated drinks like 7-up, tonic, or sprite as these could make the sangria too sweet.
How to Make Apple Cider Sangria
When I say sangria is easy, I mean it. After chopping some fruits, the prep is done in less than 5 minutes!
- Place fruit and cinnamon sticks in pitcher.
- Add all liquids (except for club soda).
- Let sit in refrigerator.
- Add club soda.
- Sip and enjoy!
Sangria is a Make-Ahead Cocktail
The most wonderful part about sangria is that it’s the ultimate make-ahead cocktail. It’s supposed to be made ahead of time. I recommend keeping the sangria in the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours (a full day is best!) before serving. The longer the sangria sits before drinking/serving, the more the fruit will infuse its flavors and the more the booze will soak into all the fruit slices. It’s a win-win-win. I’ll toast to that!Print
Irresistible white wine sangria filled with fall’s best flavors like apple, cider, citrus, cinnamon, and pear.
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced (I prefer Honeycrisp)
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (I suggest a Pinot Grigio)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- club soda, for serving
- Place the cinnamon sticks and fruit into a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 3 – 24 hours (6-8 hours is best!).
- Pour the sangria and fruit into glasses. Add a splash of club soda. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Keywords: apple cider sangria, apple sangria