FEBRUARY BAKING CHALLENGE
February 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Chocolate Soufflé
Chocolate soufflé was always on my baking bucket list. I took a French pastry/dessert class a couple years ago and learned how to make it, but hadn’t attempted it in my home kitchen until recently. Worth the wait! As long as you take your time, follow the instructions carefully, and don’t make any ingredient substitutions, you’ll be on track for chocolate soufflé divinity. There will be many dish options included in the recipe if you don’t own ramekins. I thought this would be the perfect challenge for February!
How to Join Sally's Baking Challenge
- Recipe: I publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected]. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Instagram direct messages are hard to track, so please email your recipe photo instead. Feel free to share on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge and tagging me (@sallysbakeblog), but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. We keep track of your photos and randomly select 1 winner at the end of the month. The challenge is open to the whole world. Challenge ends on February 27th at 5pm ET. The winner will be selected at random and posted in the March Baking Challenge blog post on February 28th 2021. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about my baking challenges!
Let’s Review the January Baking Challenge
January 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Homemade Stromboli
I knew this would be a fun and popular baking challenge for January, but never would have guessed the level of participation!! We had over 2,000 participants, one of the most popular Sally’s Baking Challenges ever. The recipe photos poured in within hours of first publishing the recipe. Homemade yeasted dough isn’t always easy, but you took this challenge and added some of the most delicious and creative fillings we’ve ever seen like:
- a Philly cheesesteak inspired stromboli
- filled with chopped meatballs + marinara
- a chicken parmesan inspired stromboli
- roasted red peppers, onions + mozzarella
- a reuben sandwich inspired stromboli
- shredded chicken, buffalo sauce + blue cheese
One of my favorite recipe reviews came from reader Kendra:
“I’ve been wanting a really good stromboli recipe and this is it! I used pepperoni, salami, provolone, mozzarella, green peppers, and fresh mushrooms, then topped with Italian seasoning and fresh parmesan. Insanely delicious! I can’t wait to make this again! Rolling the stromboli is a little tricky but Sally’s directions are very clear and easy to follow so it was no problem. I also made the pizza sauce that Sally mentions. It was very easy and so good!”
We gathered as many homemade stromboli emailed photo entries as we could and included them below. There were literally hundreds!
Challenge winner for January is Heidi and she has been notified. 🙂