The only thing better than a batch of drop sugar cookies is a giant sugar cookie. Like, practically-the-size-of-your-head sugar cookie filled with sprinkles.
This is a recipe that makes 1 big, soft, and fluffy sugar cookie. It’s oh-so-buttery and you most definitely do not have to share. The process is so simple. Just mix reduced amounts of sugar cookie ingredients into a small bowl. The only tricky part, if you can even call it that, is the egg. 1 full egg is too much for this cookie, so only use SOME of the egg. Crack 1 egg, beat it, then use 2 Tablespoons of the beaten egg. Don’t use just the egg yolk or just the egg white in this cookie– you need a little of both.
The cookie dough is sticky, so do your best to form it into a mound on a lined cookie sheet. A rubber spatula or spoon helps.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack the egg, beat it, and use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar together until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and sprinkles until just combined.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared cookie sheet into a tall ball (see picture above). Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are browned. The center may appear undone but that’s what you want. It will firm up. Allow to cool completely ON the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Keywords: giant funfetti cookie