The only thing better than a batch of drop sugar cookies is a giant sugar cookie. Like, practically-the-size-of-your-head sugar cookie filled with sprinkles.
This is a recipe originally published in 2012 that makes 1 big, soft, and fluffy sugar cookie. It’s oh-so-buttery and the process is so simple. Just mix reduced amounts of sugar cookie ingredients into a small bowl. The only tricky part, if you can even call it that, is the egg. 1 full egg is too much for this cookie, so only use SOME of the egg. Crack 1 egg, beat it, then use 2 Tablespoons of the beaten egg. Don’t use just the egg yolk or just the egg white in this cookie– you need a little of both.
Keep it for yourself or it makes a great gift. Maybe even as part of your Mother’s Day recipe lineup so mom does not have to share (even if that mom is you!).
The cookie dough is sticky, so do your best to form it into a mound on a lined cookie sheet. A rubber spatula or spoon helps.
Don’t miss out on my other giant cookies either! Like one giant oatmeal creme pie cookie, one giant monster M&M cookie, one giant snickerdoodle cookie, one giant chocolate cookie, and one giant Reese’s peanut butter cookie.Print
This scaled down recipe yields just 1 giant sugar cookie!
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons (38g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) beaten egg (crack the egg, beat it, and use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons (49g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (about 20g) sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the butter and sugar together until creamed. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and sprinkles until just combined.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared cookie sheet into a tall ball (see picture above). Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are browned. The center may appear undone but that’s what you want. It will firm up. Allow to cool completely ON the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Keywords: giant sprinkle cookie