Healthy energy bites made from 5 simple ingredients. Perfect for on-the-go!
Meet my latest favorite snack.
Made with only 5 ingredients. (5 ingredients that you’ve actually heard of before!)
5 ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now. And 5 ingredients that you can feel good about eating!
There is no added refined sugar, no added oil or butter. You don’t have to turn on the oven. You don’t have to make a mess in the kitchen!
1 bowl. 5 minutes. Flax, oats, peanut butter, and chocolate. (A lot of chocolate.)
Need I say more?
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
Healthy energy bites made from 5 simple ingredients. Perfect for on-the-go! Bites are gluten free if using certified gluten free oats.
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt to taste (optional)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, melted chocolate, or toasted coconut for rolling (optional)
- In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the oats and ground flax. Pour peanut butter/honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add more oats if the mixture is too moist. Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt upon contact.
- Add salt and/or cinnamon to the mixture if you prefer. Roll into 14 balls. I rolled the balls into cocoa powder, but that's optional.
- Store the bites in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Bites freeze well and are good in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*These bites are highly adaptable. Add in you favorite nuts or seeds. Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted peanut butter & honey if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
See? Chocolate and peanut butter CAN be healthy… 😉