Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.
This healthy tart is so simple. One of the easiest dishes you’ll throw together considering how pretty (!!) it is. There’s no baking involved and the whole thing comes together in a snap. Slicing the fruit will take you the longest but hey! If you slice the fruit the night before, you’ll have this ready in about 15 minutes.
The tart’s crust is made from two healthy ingredients—nuts and dates. The same main two ingredients used to make these healthy dark chocolate almond truffles. If you don’t have dates, raisins or even dried cranberries make a great replacement. Cashews are preferred for their smooth texture and buttery taste. They combine with the dates much easier to make a smooth, moist crust as opposed to harder nuts like almonds. Walnuts work too! If you have a strong food processor or blender, the crust is easy. Pulse the two ingredients together to make a moist “dough” and press it into a tart pan. Instead of a tart pan, you can use a regular cake pan or pie dish.
Spread Greek yogurt overtop. I use vanilla flavor, but any flavor you like will work. You could use strawberry flavor yogurt and top the tart with mostly fresh strawberries. I’m going to use lemon flavor next. Plain works too! Really, whatever you have or like best. And if you have any left over, be sure to try my peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting. It’s excellent on these whole wheat double chocolate banana muffins or skinny double chocolate chip muffins.
Now, let your creative juices flow. Top the tart with all the fresh fruit you love. Nothing is off limits here. Make a design or throw it all on top. Or slice it up and let your family/friends/guests/fruit lovers decorate their own.
So how’s this for a protein-packed breakfast? Or a healthy dessert. It’s my healthier version of traditional fruit pizza or fruit tart and it’s absolutely perfect for Easter morning. Or anytime the sun is shining! Oh, and pair it with sparkling sangria for a truly fruity celebration.Print
Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.
- 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes*
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews*
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
- assorted sliced fresh fruit
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don’t mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don’t have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
- Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
- Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.
- Make Ahead Instructions: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Dates: Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don’t recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.
Keywords: greek yogurt fruit tart, healthy fruit tart