Before we begin a new year of Sally’s Baking Challenge, let’s take a moment to appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into participating this year. From homemade croissants and choux pastry to baked Alaska and homemade toffee, you truly challenged yourself in 2018. Every month, I’m absolutely FLOORED with the amount of participation.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making the monthly baking challenges a success. And, more importantly, for making the baking challenges fun!!!
JANUARY BAKING CHALLENGE
January 2019 Baking Challenge: Homemade Bagels
Many readers responded to a question I ask in my new email series… what baking recipe intimidates you the most? A majority have been saying yeast breads. So let’s start off the new year facing our fears. We’re making homemade bagels!
Everyone who participates in the January Baking Challenge is automatically entered. See below for How to Join Sally’s Baking Challenge. My assistants and I keep track of your photos and randomly select a winner at the end of the month. This giveaway is open to the whole world. Giveaway ends on January 30th 2019.
1 winner will receive: $250 Amazon Gift Card. A winner will be selected at random and posted in the February Baking Challenge blog post on January 31st 2019.
How to Join Sally's Baking Challenge
- Recipe: On or around the 1st of each month, I publish a new challenge recipe. Sign up for instant email updates so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published!
- Bake & Comment: Bake the recipe during that month, then come back and comment on the recipe and tell me how it went.
- Share: Share your photos using #sallysbakingchallenge on Instagram or email me, tweet me, or upload a photo of your recipe to my Facebook page or Facebook group. By sharing your photo, you are automatically entered in that month’s giveaway, which is usually an Amazon $250 gift card. There is always an alternate challenge recipe just in case you’re not into the recipe published. Here is a landing page dedicated to all things Sally’s Baking Challenge.
Want to subscribe? Sign up for instant email updates so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published!
2018 Sally’s Baking Challenge Review
Click on each link to view the challenge recipe.
- January: Homemade Bread Bowls
- February: Chocolate Cake Pops
- March: Vanilla Naked Cake
- April: Homemade Croissants and Chocolate Croissants
- May: Classic Cheesecake
- June: Baked Alaska
- July: Apple Hand Pies
- August: Chocolate Chip Layer Cake
- September: Choux Pastry
- October: Pumpkin Spice Toffee
- November: Savory Vegetable Tart
- December: Homemade Gingerbread House
There were over 5,000 participants this year and Vanilla Naked Cake had the most!
Let’s Review the December Baking Challenge
I’m so excited about the participation in December because homemade gingerbread houses are no easy project. Take a look at some of your photos on Instagram. And here’s a bunch that are either there, sent to me, posted on my Facebook page, or in my Facebook group. 🙂
I love your creativity!
Giveaway winner for December is Jo and she has been notified. 🙂