Here are all of the 71 Sally’s Baking Challenge recipes in 1 place. This page makes it easy for you to see which recipes on my website have been previous baking challenge recipes… just in case you want to try them all at some point!
What is Sally’s Baking Challenge?
Sally’s Baking Challenge is a monthly series on my website. I started this monthly baking challenge in 2017 to connect with readers, create a positive baking community, and challenge myself (and readers) in the kitchen. On the 1st day of each month, I share a new Sally’s Baking Challenge recipe and encourage readers to bake that recipe during the month. The point is to help you learn new kitchen skills, get creative, and have fun! On the last day of the month, a winner is randomly selected. Find details and answers to FAQs over on the Sally’s Baking Challenge page.
Sally’s Baking Challenge is taking a break in 2023, so you will find years 2017-2022 below.
All of the Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
Use this list to find all of the previous baking challenge recipes.
Each recipe now has the participants’ photos included!
2022 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade English Muffins
- February: Chocolate Pop Tarts
- March: 6 Inch Sunshine Citrus Cake
- April: Croissant Bread
- May: Brown Butter Berry Tea Cakes
- June: Peanut Butter Filled Brownie Cookies
- July: Fruit Pizza
- August: No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- September: Pizza Pull Apart Rolls
- October: Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- November: Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie
- December: Pinwheel Cookies
2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Stromboli
- February: Chocolate Soufflé
- March: French Macarons
- April: Lemon Blueberry Tart
- May: Rich & Fluffy Chocolate Sweet Rolls
- June: Asiago Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Quick Bread
- July: Homemade Berry Turnovers
- August: Ice Cream Loaf Cake
- September: Soft Pretzel Knots
- October: Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- November: Cranberry Apple Slab Pie
- December: Wedge Shortbread Cookies
2020 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Artisan Bread
- February: Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- March: Homemade Crepes
- April: Homemade Flatbread Pizza
- May: Mini Fruit Galettes
- June: Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- July: Fresh Berry Cream Cake
- August: Breakfast Pastries (with Shortcut Homemade Dough)
- September: Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- October: Baked Apples
- November: No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- December: Stained Glass Window Cookies
2019 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Bagels
- February: Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- March: Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- April: Dinner Rolls
- May: Scones
- June: Angel Food Cake
- July: No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
- August: Vertical Cake (Lemon and Blueberry)
- September: Homemade Cheese Bread
- October: Homemade Caramel Apples
- November: Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pie
- December: Homemade Butter Cookies
2018 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Bread Bowls
- February: Chocolate Cake Pops
- March: Vanilla Naked Cake
- April: How to Make Croissants
- May: Classic Cheesecake
- June: Brownie Baked Alaska
- July: Apple Hand Pies
- August: Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
- September: Choux Pastry
- October: Pumpkin Spice Toffee
- November: Savory Vegetable Cheese Tart
- December: Gingerbread House
2017 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
I created Sally’s Baking Challenge at the end of January 2017, so there are only 11 challenge recipes in 2017.
- February: Chocolate Lava Cakes
- March: Sky High Chocolate Mousse Pie
- April: How to Pipe Two-Toned Frosting Roses
- May: Strawberries n’ Cream Cake Roll
- June: Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- July: Cherry Pie
- August: Checkerboard Cake
- September: Sunflower Cupcakes
- October: Pumpkin Roll
- November: Pie Crust Designs
- December: Snowman Sugar Cookies
As you see, the 1st baking challenge recipe was published in February 2017, and at that time, I had a few dozen readers participate. Now my team and I receive thousands of entries every month. It’s thrilling to know that bakers from all over the world are making the same recipe each month. Maybe we’re not physically together, but we’re certainly having a collective experience in the kitchen.
Q: How many baking challenge recipes have you tried?
Reader Comments & Reviews
One of my absolute favorite recipes is your checkerboard cake recipe. It’s SO DELICIOUS & pretty! I also love that you give alternative ingredients to use in a recipe, along with the noted changes in results, if any. I am always looking for new recipes to try & inspiration. I always look forward to seeing your emails. So thanks to you & your team for sharing lots of wonderful recipes, ideas, & inspiration.
Will miss the monthly challenges! Best wishes on the next cookbook!
Are going to continue the monthly challenges?
Hi Kristina! As Sally makes time to work on her 4th cookbook this year, we’re taking a pause on the monthly challenges. You can read more in this post!
I really appreciate this post! Thank you for having all of these recipes in one place. Congratulations on your new book,!I am looking forward to it!
I just started the baking challenges this year! I made the pizza rolls and cream filled chocolate cupcakes. Both were huge hits! I’m really excited to see your new cookbook come out soon! Thank you for all these awesome recipes! Whenever I make one of your recipes, I’m always filled with anticipation before I take a bite, because I know it’ll be good! Thank you for making me a better baker, especially with yeast bread!:)
So glad you’ve been enjoying the challenge recipes, Kim!
I finally made the delicious chocolate October challenge cupcakes for my sister in laws birthday. She loved them and I sent 4 home with her. They were fun to make thank you again for a fun challenge
Challenge sounds like fun can you start at any time? Can I start this month?
Yes! You can start any time! Join us this month. We are making these pizza rolls.
I love this website! I want to make the monthly recipe in June 2022! Hope its something good!
Congratulations on the up coming book. I look forward to getting it. I have the others. I will miss the challenges.
Thank you for this great page!! I’ve done 3 so far and hope to do more this year.
Congrats on the successful series and on the new book!
Is it crazy that I kinda wish it was just a “Best of Sally’s” so I can have all my favorites in one spot. No testing required. Just the best of the best from your site and other cookbooks.
Best of luck!
My plan is to include a handful of the most popular recipes on the site in the book!
I will do some of the past challenges next yearthat
I didn’t do. I look forward to your new cookbook!
I’ve been doing the challenges consecutively since 2020 so it looks like I’ll go back and do years past in 2023.
What a great idea!
Looking forward to the new cookbook! I hoping to get more baking challenges completed by the time the cookbook comes out!
Love this page and Sally’s Baking Recipes! Yay! a new cookbook.