Lightened-up pepperoni pizza dip is loaded with your favorite toppings and comes together in minutes. It’s everything we love about traditional pizza baked together and scooped up with tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
If you’re not in the mood to make pizza with homemade pizza crust, pepperoni pizza dip is the next best thing. It’s great for game day, the Super Bowl, or if you’re entertaining a crowd. Who doesn’t love pizza? No matter what team is playing, we should always root for pizza dip.
This is Lightened-Up Pizza Dip
Today’s pepperoni pizza dip is lightened up from the full-fat version, sacrificing none of the outstanding flavor. It’s everything you love about a fat slice of cheesy pepperoni pizza baked together and scooped up with your favorite tortilla chips. Doesn’t that sound great? It is. And it doesn’t get much better than this. We use lower fat cream cheese, nonfat greek yogurt, and a reduced amount of cheese– but it’s still plenty cheesy.
This Pepperoni Pizza Dip Is:
- Loaded with your favorite pizza toppings
- Always a crowd favorite
- 35 minutes start to finish
- Easy to assemble ahead of time
Overview of Ingredients in Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Though the written recipe is below, let me walk you through each ingredient so you’re prepared.
- Cream Cheese + Greek Yogurt: Low-fat cream cheese and nonfat greek yogurt form the base of this cheesy dip. I like to use low fat cream cheese– I find nonfat cream cheese is lacking in taste and texture. Nonfat greek yogurt, on the other hand, is one of my favorite ingredients when I’m baking and cooking lighter fare. I call it a “power” ingredient.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder adds flavor.
- Pizza Sauce: We can’t have pizza dip without pizza sauce! Homemade or store-bought both work wonderfully.
- Cheese: I use shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese, but use your favorite varieties.
- Basil + Oregano: Both ground basil and ground oregano add even more pizza flavor.
- Toppings: Use your favorite pizza toppings– pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, olives, etc. Sometimes I use mini pepperonis because they’re cute. The more loaded the better.
3 Success Tips for the Best Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Make a base & add toppings. Instead of mixing everything together, create a base made from cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder. Then layer on your favorite pizza toppings like pizza sauce, cheese, olives, pepperoni, etc. Layers make each bite interesting– and irresistible!
- Use a 9-inch dish. I recommend a 9-inch pie dish, cake pan, or similar size casserole dish.
- Serve hot. Pair with tortilla chips, toasted artisan bread, pita chips, soft pretzel bites, or fresh veggies.
Ready in 35 minutes start to finish, this appetizer is quick and easy to make.
More Favorite Appetizers
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Crab Dip
- Cheesy Breadsticks
- Soft Pretzel Bites
- Stuffed Jalapeños
- Cheesy Pretzel Twists
My very favorite recipe for pizza dip. Loaded with your favorite pizza toppings, this lightened-up pizza dip comes together in a snap and is gobbled up even quicker.
- 8 ounce block low fat or full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat or low fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1–2 Tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- ground basil, to taste
- ground oregano, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish, cake pan, or similar size casserole dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with olives and pepperoni, then sprinkle with grated parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Serve hot with your favorite chips, raw veggies, pita wedges, etc. Cover any leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: You may assemble this dip up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Before serving, bake as directed.
- Topping Options: We like to use pepperoni and sliced black olives. You can also use 1/2 cup crumbled cooked sausage, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, or any pizza toppings of your choice.
Keywords: pepperoni pizza dip, healthy pizza dip