How to Join Sally's Baking Challenge
- Recipe: We publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe (or alternate recipe) during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected] before 5pm eastern on the last day of the month. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered to win the prize for the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Feel free to share your recipe photo on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge, but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
OCTOBER BAKING CHALLENGE RECIPE
October 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
If you aren’t into this recipe, here is the alternate baking challenge recipe:
- any previous challenge recipe you haven’t made yet OR
- Mint Chocolate Checkerboard Cookies— Still a shaped cookie, but a different flavor and technique. Feel free to skip the mint flavoring for plain checkerboard cookies. You could even tint the vanilla cookie dough orange, which would look festive for Halloween.
END DATE & PRIZE
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. The challenge is open to the whole world. Challenge ends on October 31st at 5pm eastern. The winner will be selected at random, emailed their prize, and posted in the November Baking Challenge blog post on November 1st 2021. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
Let’s Review the September Baking Challenge
September 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Soft Pretzel Knots.
- We always see high participation when the baking challenge recipe is savory or includes yeast. This recipe was both, so there were plenty of pretzels all around! Many participants mentioned this was one of the first times EVER making pretzels, and some said this was their first successful attempt making yeasted dough. What a huge accomplishment for everyone! My team and I loved seeing all of the various toppings and flavors like cinnamon sugar, everything bagel, jalapeño & cheese, garlic & parmesan, chai spices, cranberry, or just plain & salted.
Thank you so much for participating! We gathered as many soft pretzel knots emailed photo entries as we could and include them below.
(Scrolling will definitely remind you that you’re hungry. Ha!)
September Baking Challenge Winner
Challenge winner for September is Sandra and she has been notified.