Pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake is everything you love about pumpkin cake with a decadent cream cheese layer hiding inside. Simple to prepare and perfectly spiced, this fall cake always impresses a crowd. Both layers are simply irresistible!
If you like my pumpkin bundt cake, you’re going to love today’s pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake. We use the same base recipe, ditch the chocolate chips, and add a cream cheese layer. Hello, fall!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake:
- Easy to make
- Moist and dense
- Spiced with cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice
- Layered with a tangy cream cheese filling
- Perfect for fall celebrations
My favorite reason, and this is just me being a total nerd, is that the cake uses an entire standard can of pumpkin. I always appreciate recipes calling for the whole can because you’re not stuck with a random 1/4 cup leftover.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
This bundt cake isn’t as light as my favorite pumpkin cake but not as dense as pound cake. It lies somewhere in the middle with the same great flavors as pumpkin bread. And, it couldn’t be easier to make. Let’s review the steps:
- Make the cake batter. This pumpkin batter combines a few kitchen staples like canned pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon, spices, flour, and brown sugar. Oil, brown sugar, and pumpkin make this one of the moistest bundt cakes to come out of your oven. It is unbelievably rich in flavor from all the spices, pumpkin, and brown sugar, too.
- Make the cream cheese filling. You only need 4 ingredients for this layer.
- Layer the two. We follow similar layering methods when making my cheesecake swirl carrot bundt cake and pumpkin cake cheesecake.
- Bake. I recommend using a 10-inch bundt pan to hold all of the batter. This is a huge, thick bundt cake so it takes a while to completely bake through.
The Best Cream Cheese Filling
This pumpkin bundt cake is so grand that it doesn’t even need an icing, glaze, ganache, frosting, etc. And I can’t believe I’m saying that! The cream cheese layer inside sort of fills that “void.”
You only need 4 basic ingredients: block-style cream cheese, an egg, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Combine them all together and carefully layer it on top of the pumpkin cake batter. It’s pretty thick so do your best. I like to spread it as close to the edges of the pan as possible so there’s filling in every bite.
This filling isn’t overly sweet, which I love– and I think you’ll appreciate too. Real flavors shine through today!
More Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Slab Pie
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
Pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake features a perfectly spiced pumpkin cake with a delicious cream cheese filling.
- 2 and 3/4 cups (344g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)*
- 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar (I prefer dark here)
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling
- 12 ounces (336g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice together in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Make the cream cheese filling: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until no lumps remain. Beat in the remaining ingredients on medium-high speed until combined.
- Spread half of the pumpkin batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spread all of the cream cheese filling evenly on top. Spread the remaining pumpkin batter on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean with just a couple lightly moist crumbs. This is a large, heavy cake so don’t be alarmed if it takes a little longer in your oven.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour inside the pan. Then, invert the slightly cooled bundt cake onto a wire rack set over a large plate or serving dish. Allow cake to cool completely before serving. Leftovers keep well stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Freezing Instructions: Baked cake can be frozen up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Special Tools: Glass Mixing Bowls, Whisk, KitchenAid Hand Mixer, and Bundt Pan
- Pumpkin: You’ll need a tad less than 2 cups of pumpkin puree, which is a standard 15 ounce can. I prefer canned pumpkin in this bundt cake as opposed to fresh puree.
Keywords: pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake, pumpkin bundt cake