Today is the first day my newly redesigned website is open to the world. For the full experience, check it out on a computer. Though you can certainly notice the difference on mobile and tablet!
I’m filled with butterflies as this project sits in front of you for the first time. It’s been over a year in the making; I’ve poured my heart and soul into this redesign and am thrilled to share all the new features with you. I took as many of your suggestions as I could and worked closely with an incredibly talented design and development team and maintenance team as they built the website.
The Sally’s Baking Addiction you see today is still a work in progress. As my development team and I work to continually add more features to this base design, please let me know if you notice anything super weird and wonky!
TAKE A TOUR!
Join me on Facebook LIVE today on my Facebook page at 1pm EST as I walk you around the new website. If you can’t join me on Facebook today, no worries– I’m posting a desktop and mobile video tour where I show you around the new website on my blog later this week, so stay tuned.
The goals of this website makeover were to (1) make finding recipes easier for you and (2) present my content in a new and streamlined way.
Here are some major changes you’ll notice:
- Full-width: I have 1,145 blog posts on my website. WOW! You’ll notice that a few recipes are presented in a sparkly new full-width format (here, here, here, and here) and the majority of my recipes are in a traditional format with a fancy new sidebar. The new full-width format, seen on a computer, features artfully placed content that’s presented in a magazine-style design. My assistants and I are working to convert more and more recipe posts into the full-width format.
- Recipe search: Search functions are large and in charge. Front and center. This was your number 1 request!
- Navigating comments: Comment section is divided up between questions/reviews/comments. Easily search for a question you want answered. Every single comment on old recipes needs to be manually categorized, so I appreciate your patience as we work on that. Out of 220,000 comments, I assume we’ll be done by the year 2025!!?
- Video section: A dedicated video section was another request and it’s still a work in progress. We’re continuing to add more videos as well as the recipe links. For now, you can just search for the recipe using the search bar!
- Special pages: You can easily find my yearly baking traditions right on the homepage and in the sidebar. This was very important to me as tradition and baking go hand-in-hand. I wanted to spotlight these annual celebrations and now each has their own special page:
- Behind the scenes: My photography blog, which I haven’t had the chance to keep updated, is now within this website. You can find all of my life, travel, recipe testing, and blogging posts in the new Behind the Scenes section.
- Posts: If you visit the recent posts page, which you can find linked on the homepage, you’ll see every single post on this website, divided up into multiple pages. They’re all there!
I hope you enjoy browsing around the many other updates too!
STILL THE SAME
As always, you can expect free new content 2-3x per week, photography, tested recipes, helpful baking tips, and video tutorials. The goal of this makeover wasn’t to mess with what works, but to freshen things up so your experience is the best it can be.
It means so much to me that you visit my blog, trust my recipes, and take the time to interact with me both on my blog and my social medias. I’m continuously and forever grateful for your dedication and support. Because of you, I can call this my career. Thank you so much for being part of this uplifting baking community!!
*This celebration cake is my vanilla naked cake. I wanted extra frosting, so I made the vanilla frosting recipe included in my checkerboard cake and tinted it light pink. Here are the cute star toppers!