Chocolate chip cookies are a classic. They’re a household favorite, an iconic snack time staple, a timeless milk advocate. Incredible when they are served warm, cold, in dough form, in baked form, in ice cream, on ice cream, small, and large – no one can resist the comfort of a chocolate chip cookie.
They’re unbeatable. Until today. While you may think nothing could possibly taste better than a classic chocolate chip cookie, try stuffing them with Snickers bars.
I used my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, but feel free to use your own.
If you’re looking for an easy way to shake up your chocolate chip cookies, stuffing them with candy bars is a guaranteed way to make something great even better. 😉
Soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Snickers bars!
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 fun-sized Snickers bars, cut into 4 pieces each
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. With an electric mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms (may take a couple minutes of stirring). Fold in chocolate chips. Do not overmix the dough at any point in this process.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Take 1 tablespoon of dough, press a snickers piece inside the dough. Cover with more dough, enough to ensure the snickers piece is completely enveloped inside.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. The centers should appear very soft and puffy. Let cool completely and enjoy!
Keywords: snickers stuffed cookies, snickers chocolate chip cookies