Calling all peanut butter lovers! These delicious blondies are LOADED with peanut butter butter flavor and studded with sweet Reese’s Pieces – one of my absolute favorite candies. The reese’s pieces give the super soft + chewy bars a nice crunch.. I don’t know about you, but I just love a good texture contrast in my baked goods – especially one from Reese’s Pieces.
I tried to keep these blondies as healthy as I could without comprimising any flavor. I used light butter instead of fullfat butter– I’ve actually had a lot of luck subbing light butter for full fat when I bake blondies or cookie bars that also contain peanut butter. I like to keep at least some of my recipes on the healthier side.
Hope you enjoy these. They’ve become a staple in my kitchen!
|Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies||
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (I used Land O Lakes light butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar (I used dark, but light would work as well)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Set mixture aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the peanut butter mixture, mixing well after each egg. Stir in vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the prepared dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of reese’s pieces, leaving 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into the greased pan, spreading batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup reese’s pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are slightly browned. Allow 20 minutes to cool and cut with serrated knife into squares. Enjoy!