Where are my fellow oatmeal raisin cookie aficionados?
Hellooooo? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
I feel like oatmeal raisin cookies are the rejects on the cookie tray. Which makes me so sad because THEY’RE THE BEST COOKIE TO EVER EXIST.
(The caps lock button was necessary.)
And this recipe is for all diehard oatmeal raisin cookie fans… who also appreciate a healthy, feel-good snack every once in awhile.
So you all know how often I make breakfast cookies. And if you don’t… it’s every darn week! I usually wake up pretty ravenous and a cookie holds me over until I make an actual breakfast to get me going for the day. I decided it was time for a switcheroo the other week because I probably bore you to death making breakfast cookies on Insta story each week. I took out a bunch of ingredients, got a little generous with raisins and pecans ♥ ♥ and hoped for the best!
They took a couple tries, but the result was this super soft granola bar sweetened with honey and coconut sugar, spiced with cinnamon, and super textured with big fat oats. Like my beloved breakfast cookies, these oatmeal raisin cookie granola bars are wholesome and healthy, dairy free, and made without butter and refined sugar. I really think you’ll love ’em too!
That is, of course, if oatmeal raisin cookies rule your world too.
Taste test this dreamy batter. Truuuust me. ↑ ↑
Each ingredient serves a purpose. Honey, coconut oil, whole wheat flour, and peanut butter bind the ingredients together. If you’re gluten intolerant, you can sub in almond flour instead of whole wheat flour– tried it and loved it! There’s coconut sugar for a little added sweetness. I tried adding more honey, but the bars just came out sticky. So a smidge of dry sweetener was best.
Let’s talk about the ease factor. Grab all of the ingredients and stir in a bowl. Ta da! You’re done with prep work.
Call me crazy, but I swear these soft granola bars taste like oatmeal raisin cookies. Call me crazy either way because it’s the darn truth. So yes, this is an open invitation to eat oatmeal raisin cookies for breakfast and feel pretty good about it.
Super soft oatmeal granola bars that taste like oatmeal raisin cookies!
- 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (37g) whole wheat flour (or almond meal)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (60g) nut butter (I use peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut sugar (or packed light/dark brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (128g) raisins
- optional: 3/4 cup (100g) chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until top appears set and it’s golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This firms up the bars which helps them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make Ahead Instructions: These bars are wonderful after frozen! Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before enjoying.
Speaking of bars!
Blueberry almond snack bars are another fave.
And these quinoa crunch snack bars, though resembling bird food, have a crazy addicting texture!