Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Probably the first and most important reason I like to bake a cake and cupcakes is so I can “test” the batter.  You have to make sure it tastes alright before baking, right?

I’m also a sucker for sprinkles.  Sprinkles everywhere, on everything.

I figure I’d add two of my favorite things, cake batter & sprinkles, to another favorite thing: chocolate chip cookies. Droooooool.

These cookies are so easy!  All you have to do is replace some of the all-purpose flour in your typical chocolate chip cookie recipe with some yellow or white boxed cake mix.  Add in a generous amount of sprinkles, and you’ll have yourself some funfetti chocolate chip cookies that are FULL of cake batter flavor.

I used both white chocolate chips and semi-sweet baking chips in my cookies.  Feel free to use your favorite kind of baking chip.  Milk chocolate would be a wonderful option as well.

If you like the taste of cake batter (c’mon, you know you do!), then you’ll flip for these cookies.

***For the recipe, check out the new and improved Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookie!

11 Responses to “Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

sheelbeelposted January 8, 2012 at 11:02 pm

These look incredible! I love that they have absolutely every goody you could possibly be craving in them haha YUMMY!!

Savory Simpleposted January 9, 2012 at 1:09 am

These are so cute!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted September 7, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Easy peasy! Not only are they adorable, but I KNOW they’re delicious!! Your sprinkle-filled, cake battery goodness always makes me smile, girl :)

• Sallyreplied on September 8th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Hayley!! This is an older recipe that I remade for my bake sale. They were a hit! Everyone LOVES cake batter. Cannot go wrong!

Laura Dembowskiposted September 9, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Tasting the batter is totally the best part of baking. And when it’s funfetti, I believe it tastes even better for some reason. And I totally have to make more things with sprinkles; that’s one of the things I’ve loved since I can remember. No matter what flavor of ice cream I got at Baskin Robbins when I was a kid, I had to have sprinkles on it. Nothing like cherry ice cream with tons of sprinkles :)

• Sallyreplied on September 9th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I can’t have ice cream without SPRINKLES! Glad we’re in the same boat with that Laura! And I think cake batter and cookie dough taste better than their baked counterpart. ;)

Joan@Chocolate and Moreposted September 11, 2012 at 9:55 am

You are a girl after my own heart! Yes, how on earth will you know if a cake is going to be good without tasting the batter. I don’t know that I’d trust a baker that didn’t test batter, dough, frosting or whatever else they might be making. These sound wonderful and can’t wait to give them a try! It’s why I keep boxed cake mix in the pantry, for occasions like this! Pinned!

• Sallyreplied on September 11th, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I couldn’t agree more Joan! The batter is the best part. SO glad that you agree with me. Thanks for the pin!

Erin @ Making Memoriesposted September 11, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Holy smokes! Look at all those cake batter treats! They all look amazing!!!

• Sallyreplied on September 11th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

LOL! Yes, I have a semi-serious addiction to cake batter treats!! Thank you Erin :)

Sallyposted September 22, 2012 at 9:41 am

Hi Bobbi! Yes the cookies can be made with chocolate cake mix as well.