S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Who’s ready for a s’more? Or a cookie?  Or a s’more…cookie?

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO easy to make and no campfire required!

I went on my very first camping trip last weekend.  At the age of 26 – I really missed out as a kid!

You see, I’m not the outdoorsy type at all.  In fact, I even googled “what to wear camping” before I left.  But it was a fun trip!  Minus my sunburn, ruined Uggs, and terrible allergies.  I seriously wanted to rip out my eyeballs.

Needless to say, I knew nothing about camping. And after my first trip, I still know nothing about camping. But I do know one thing: s’mores.

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO easy to make and no campfire required!

The only thing better than a s’more is a portable s’more. On top of a chocolate chip cookie. Mmmm.

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO easy to make and no campfire required!

What I loved most about bringing these along camping last weekend was that they took about 20 minutes start-to-finish. Using pre-made refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, I saved both time & effort.  I had packing to worry about!

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO easy to make and no campfire required! S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. SO easy to make and no campfire required!

These were a huge hit!

PrintPrint SaveSave

S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 24-30 cookies. Store cookies in the refrigerator on hot days to avoid the chocolate melting. Otherwise, cookies may be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.

Ingredients:

1 recipe for chocolate chip cookies, or 1 package Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (or your favorite cookie dough recipe)
12-15 jumbo marshmallows (or more depending how many cookies your recipe yields - you'll need 2 cookies per marshmallow)
2 Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars (or 8 oz any melting chocolate)

Directions:

Bake cookies according to my directions or the package directions, removing them 1 minute before they are done.

Cut marshmallows in half while cookies are in oven. When the cookies have 1 minute to go in the oven, remove them and place marshmallow halves sticky side down on top of each cookie.  Place the cookies back in the oven for 2 more minutes (which is 1 minute over the recommended baking time - they won't burn, promise).

Break up and melt the chocolate bars while the cookies are finishing up in the oven. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and nuke for 15 more seconds. Stir vigorously until all chocolate is melted. Microwave in 15 second intervals until chocolate is melted.

When the cookies are done in the oven, drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over toasted marshmallow. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.

Try my S’more Peanut Butter Cookies next!

S'More Peanut Butter Cookies-10

29 Responses to “S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted April 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I love the new blog design, so neat — literally! I also love the looks of these s’mores cookies :)

• sallyreplied on April 20th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

thanks so much Liz!

Lisa :: Sweet 2 Eat Bakingposted April 19, 2012 at 10:33 pm

First of all, love, love, LOVE the new design, simply stunning.

Secondly, these s’mores chocolate chip cookies look so devine. Loving the marshmallow and chocolate- looks like the melt-in-the-mouth business! I don’t know why, but these kinda reminded me of a wagon wheel except for the jam/jelly (obviously), lol.

Moposted April 20, 2012 at 1:45 am

Oh my what a brilliant idea !! they are so cute ! I loooooove s’mores !! hi hi i had to laugh when you wrote “i even googled “what to wear camping” before i left” ;-) just did it to ckeck and got a lot of hits so i guess it’s not that weird ;-)

• sallyreplied on April 20th, 2012 at 6:34 pm

haha yes i was completely lost on what to wear camping! :(

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted April 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I love the new blog makeover!!! So fun and cute!!! Smores are the only reason that I remotely like camping. Give me a hotel any day over a tent:-) These portable smores cookies look super yummy! I will have to give them a try the next time I have be in the outdoors for more than 20 minutes!!!

• sallyreplied on April 20th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Jocelyn!! thank you so much for the feedback on my new site! means a lot. hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Dessertsposted April 20, 2012 at 4:14 pm

New web design looks great!
    Love portable s’mores, what a fun cookie

• sallyreplied on April 20th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Erin!

Reeniposted April 20, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Your new design is CUTE! And this cookie so scrumptious! I love an already made s’more – I can pop them in my mouth quicker. Heehee.

Julie @ Table for Twoposted April 20, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I definitely thought something was different about your blog! Love the new look — clean and cute and love the color theme :) these cookies look perfect! No fire needed :)

Baking Serendipityposted April 20, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Love the new look :) I am definitely not a camper, but I love s’mores! Any excuse to make them…and then sleep in my own bed is a perfect situation in my world.

Alyssaposted April 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

These look really! I like how you used melted chocolate on top of the marshmallows. Thanks for sharing on Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you there next week!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted April 24, 2012 at 10:04 am

Um….I’m 34 and my only camping experiences were in an RV that ended when I was 15 and stopped vacationing with my parents. I deem “camping” as a Motel 6. So, no, first time camping at 26 is not weird. :) Love these cookies, I’ll eat them and pretend to be outside.

• sallyreplied on April 24th, 2012 at 10:22 am

lol… yes Dorothy.. i’ll be enjoying these cookies on the couch. not sitting in the dirt. ;)

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and moreposted April 24, 2012 at 11:29 am

OMG I hate camping, never ever want to go again. But smores are the best part, if you have to go;p

• sallyreplied on April 24th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Sue – i couldn’t agree more!!

Jen @ Savory SImpleposted May 30, 2012 at 4:57 pm

These look insanely delicious!

Emilyposted October 4, 2012 at 9:56 am

For the marshmallows, are the jumbo ones the biggest ones that you can get? I found jet puffed and campfire sized at Wal-mart and wasn’t sure..haha.

• Sallyreplied on October 4th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hey Emily! Just the regular jet-puffed kind.

Airposted November 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm

OMG! your website is amazing!!!!!!. You are so talented. I too create a whole bunch of tasty wacky ideas for desserts(homemade)! I am thinking about starting my own business catering to desserts and was browsing different websites/website designs. You should be making money off of this website lol. I am a new fan. Keep it up. : )

• Sallyreplied on November 1st, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hi Air! THank you so much – you are SO sweet! Starting your own business, especially if you’re passionate about baking – I completely support that! Good for you. :) Thank you so much for visiting. Let me know any wacky desserts you make!

Careyposted December 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Love your site! I just had an INSANELY delicious cookie that seems like a slight variation on this. They were made in mini muffin tins, baked 8-10 min., filled with a Rolo and topped with 3 mini marshmallows, returned to oven for 3 min., and then drizzled with melted chocolate chips (1 cup for 24 cookies.) They were so good I’ve become a little obsessed. And pretty to look at. I was looking for a picture of them, and your cookies caught my eye. Seeing your other cookie posts, and your love of new cookies, I thought you might want to give this variation a try sometime! :) Thanks for the fun blog!

• Sallyreplied on December 6th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Carey. I think I love you. I LOVE THIS IDEA! What an amazing suggestion. I’m writing it all down right now. I have got to try this. Thank you so much, really! Thank you for following my blog and I’m glad you enjoy it. It was so thoughtful of you to send in this cookie suggestion, I really appreciate it!

Lailyposted January 25, 2013 at 10:33 pm

My cousin gave me an awesome idea for making smores at home. Roasting marshmallows at home is easy because they won’t burn as easily over your stove! You just put your stove on high and stick your marshmallow on a fork.

pamposted September 5, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Made these the other night for a family get together. We ate them right out of the oven – they were awesome! Very rich tho- I am chocolate lover and could only eat one!

• Sallyreplied on September 6th, 2013 at 7:41 am

Happy they were enjoyed, Pam!

Jennaposted July 16, 2014 at 3:13 pm

These cookies look delicious! But I was curious, how’s eating them cooled? I want to make them for a party but I’m afraid the marshmallow won’t taste as good if it’s not straight from the oven.

• Sallyreplied on July 16th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Hey Jenna! I think they’re great not directly from the oven. I have a few of them cold from the fridge when I make them.