There are many things in this world that I find addicting.
Baking… hence my blog. Flip flops… hence my excuse for neon nail polish. Peanut butter and chocolate desserts… hence my need to run.
And then there is my addiction to puppy chow. You must know what puppy chow is, right? If you do or if you don’t, you’re in for a real treat today.
I’m headed on a roadtrip with a couple girlfriends this weekend. If that doesn’t SCREAM a need for an addicting, munchable snack like puppy chow, then I don’t know what does.
When my friends asked me to bring a snack for the road, I jumped at the opportunity to make a huge batch of the powdered sugar
crack stuff. Only this time, I gave it a little twist to make it extra special. I smore-ified it.
To the basic chocolate/peanut butter/powdered sugar mixture, I added marshmallows and Golden Grahams making each bite taste like your favorite campfire treat. The Golden Grahams replace Chex cereal, which is typically the base of puppy chow.
The peanut butter taste is mostly subtle. Since the graham cereal packs a huge flavor punch, the main flavors you’ll get are chocolate, graham, and marshmallow. But when you bite into those big chunks… you’ll find little pockets of peanut butter hiding under the powdered sugar layer.
It’s easy, it’s no bake, it’s certainly addicting.
Perfect for snacking, munching, and getting your hands and face completely covered in powdered sugar. Oh and sorry in advance, Jess, but I may get powdered sugar all over your car seats too.
Puppy chow is good up to 1 week at room temperature, but trust me - it won't last that long!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1.5 cups powdered (confectioners') sugar
- Pour powdered sugar into a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter on low heat. Constantly stir to avoid the chocolate from burning. Once completely melted, add in 3/4 cup marshmallows. Stir them into the chocolate/peanut butter mixture until they begin to slightly melt (the semi-melted marshmallow gives you the big chunks in the puppy chow!). Once marshmallows begin to slightly melt, remove pan from heat.
- Stir in Golden Grahams Cereal and the other 3/4 cup marshmallows. Stir until each piece is covered in the melted chocolate/peanut butter/marshmallow mixture. Pour the contents into the prepared ziplock bag. Shake everything together for at least 60 seconds to ensure each piece/chunk is coated with powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Recipe source: sallysbakingaddiction.com
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Can anyone resist a s’more?
I know I can’t! Check out a couple of my s’morified recipes: