Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars.

Soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal bars made with healthy, wholesome ingredients. The chocolate is optional. Sort of. 😉

Easy (and healthy!) Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars made from a few wholesome ingredients.  Recipe at

Let’s discuss something.

Is there really such a thing as “too much peanut butter?” Because I’m pretty sure we test those limits over here on Sally’s Baking Addiction.

My goal for today’s bars was to create a wholesome, quick, and easy oatmeal bar with little ingredients and a whole lot of taste. I also wanted a bar that you could easily adapt using your favorite mix-ins or whatever you have on hand. I also wanted something overloaded with peanut butter because well… duh.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars-7

In these 100% vegan bars (except for that chocolate drizzle!) you’ll find your standard kitchen staples.  Nothing weird, nothing requiring a google search, and quite certainly nothing you’ll have to visit a special grocery store for.

Whole wheat flour, oats, a touch of brown sugar, baking soda, peanut butter, more peanut butter, even MORE peanut butter, and some chunks for texture.  I added dairy-free chocolate chips and raisins to my bars, but feel free to add your favorites!  Dried cranberries, white chocolate, more nuts, seeds, dried banana chips, etc.

Disclaimer: I am mildly obsessed with raisins and I don’t care if this makes me an old woman.

Each bar is rather dense and holds its own. They’re soft, rather moist and not dry in the slightest. I kept my bars in the refrigerator and LOVED biting into them cold.  The chilled chocolate chips and peanut butter combination is spot on and easily filled me up when I wanted a snack or something to bring to work. Or a midnight munchie.

Midnight bites happened a lot with these babies!

In addition to adding in whichever chunks-of-stuff you’d like, you could easily make these bars your own by adding in more or less brown sugar.  I found that 1/2 cup was plenty and didn’t make these bars overly sweet, especially since I added chocolate chips and a light chocolate drizzle. Chocolate was a complete necessity to my peanut butter bars.

Peanut butter & chocolate: saving tastebuds everywhere on this blog.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars |

I’m a huge sucker for healthy recipes requiring a small number of ingredients and taking as little time as possible. With only 8 common ingredients, plus your little add-ins, I’m claiming these bars to be just as easy as my 5 ingredient healthy peanut butter chocolate energy bites. And they only take about 25 minutes to make start-to-finish! :)

I hate long ingredient lists and recipes taking for-ev-errrr in the kitchen.  None of that with these!

Oh! And these bars are completely vegan.  I used dairy free chocolate chips and almond milk in the dough, but melted regular chocolate chips with peanut butter as the chocolate drizzle.  The drizzle is completely optional and you could make it with dairy-free chocolate chips if a vegan bar is what you’re going for.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars |

A small and common ingredient list, a whole lot of peanut butter, chocolate for my tastebuds, no butter or oil to keep my skinny jeans looking fab, chewy plump raisins, and a recipe taking less than 25 minutes.

So as I sit here getting over a tummy-ache as I write this post, eating peanut butter spread on saltine crackers – exactly what I had for lunch AND breakfast, we can just go ahead and answer that first question with a huge no.

There is never such a thing as too much peanut butter.

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars made from easy, wholesome ingredients. Vegan option available. Recipe at

Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars

Yield: 12-16 bars, depending how large you cut them

• 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter (or chunky)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (127g) whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) milk (I used almond milk, but use whichever you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup (90g) dairy-free chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips)
  • 1/2 cup (70g) raisins (or whichever mix-ins you'd like)

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the brown sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the vanilla, scraping down the sides as needed.

On medium speed, add in the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. The dough will be very thick and clumpy, but it will come together. Slowly add the milk in a steady stream, mixing until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and raisins. Use your hands to make sure everything is combined, if needed.

Once dough is completely combined, press it lightly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 17-20 minutes until the bars are lightly golden and set. Allow to cool completely and cut into squares. I keep mine in the refrigerator in a covered container. Bars will be good stored up to 2 weeks.

*I melted 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for the chocolate drizzle. This is completely optional. Be sure to use whichever mix-ins you like instead of the called for chocolate chips and raisins.

Easy healthy recipes just like today’s are my favorite kind.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars

Dark Chocolate Apricot Granola Bars

Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites

Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites by

Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

See more healthier recipes.

See more peanut butter recipes.

Healthy Peanut Butter Bars

184 Responses to “Healthy Peanut Butter Chunk Oatmeal Bars.”

Erinposted August 14, 2013 at 9:04 am

I love this recipe so much! I swear I have made these bars 10 times this summer. Now I have to buy peanut butter in bulk! I keep mine in the refrigerator too and I just can’t keep my hands off them!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Erin, this recipe is my favorite. I make these bars as much as you do, trust me! I love to keep them in the fridge and have one before or after a workout or as a snack in the afternoon – and even dessert sometimes! Glad you love them too! PB in bulk – yes, I know what you mean!

Iramposted August 29, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Sally- you are a sweet genius. You need to go on Food Network. You need to be on the Today Show…or ANY show that can spotlight your brilliant work.

In the past couple of days I’ve made your peanut butter banana choc. chip bars, cinnamon b. bread and I’ve made these healthy PB chuck oatbars twice! I love this recipe and I know why it’s a favorite of yours. The first time I made it, I didn’t have raisins…but they were still good. I made them today with choco. chips and raisins and they are amazing. I like them cold out of the fridge. It is soooooo frickin’ hot here in Cali!

P.S. I loved the blue dress that u had showed ur followers a couple posts ago. When you go to your functions take a pic of urself in it. :) its pretty

• Sallyreplied on August 29th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

IRam, these are the BEST! I love them so much. We make them all the time. They are Kevin’s favorites too. I love them cold too! When I go to a few weddings later this month, I will definitely post a photo of me the new dress!

minaposted September 10, 2013 at 12:11 am

I just made this. It turned out so well and tastes amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Sallyreplied on September 10th, 2013 at 6:09 am

Very glad you enjoyed these bars!

melissaposted October 23, 2013 at 2:01 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have been making these 1-2 times weekly for the past 3 weeks! I had to change a few things to use what I had on hand. White instead of whole wheat flour, and instant oats because I have a huge can if it. I am so addicted to these! My kids love them too. Today I was out of chocolate chips. I had a hand full of peanut M&M’s so I broke them into pieces and threw them in. The peanuts in there are great!

Thank you for this recipe!

• Sallyreplied on October 23rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Melissa, I don’t blame you for making these oatmeal bars so often. It is a solid recipe and you can literally add any little add-ins you have on hand. M&Ms sound especially divine and I could go for one right now!

Kathleen Marie Smithposted October 26, 2013 at 2:12 am

I love these healthy bars (I made them sugar free), they are excellent and the recipe is added to my favs. I am team peanut butter also, with or without chocolate! I used stevia with some molasses as sweetener and unsweetened baking chocolate grated about 1/2 the size of chocolate chips. I forgot the baking powder and so had to cook them a bit longer. I am looking forward to trying them with the baking powder and different add-ins. Thanks for the recipe and love your website!

• Sallyreplied on October 26th, 2013 at 10:07 am

Kathleen, glad to know that you’re a peanut butter lover like me! I love making these bars with unsweetened chocolate. Sometimes I add almonds or pecans or honey. Sometimes dried cranberries. There are so many delicious options.

Misty Smithposted October 31, 2013 at 11:07 am

Made these with butterscotch chips because that’s what I had on hand. I love the combo of butterscotch and peanut butter. These are a great grab and go breakfast. Love!

• Sallyreplied on October 31st, 2013 at 8:15 pm

peanut butter and butterscotch is indeed a fabulous combination. Glad you love these bars!

Farahposted November 20, 2013 at 4:30 am

Ok, I’ve been making way too many unhealthy and delicious things. I knew it was time for something healthy (and delicious). I always scroll through comments to see what people who have actually made the recipe have to say so let me contribute in return. I made these bars exacly as is and they were so so good. Like REALLY good. They are chewy, but the oats give them this great texture, the dark chocolate chips are a must in my book to offset the peanut butter flavor, and that chocolate peanut butter glaze is perfection. I had these for breakfast, as a snack with tea, as a makeshift lunch… everyone who tried these loved them. Thanks Sally for another great recipe!

• Sallyreplied on November 20th, 2013 at 6:00 am

Farah, these bars are my favorite healthy treat. I am so happy you loved them exactly as is! Thanks for taking the time to report back.

Dianeposted December 6, 2013 at 10:53 am

Made these yesterday, they are wonderful! Instead of chocolate chips I used peanut butter chips with the raisins.

• Sallyreplied on December 6th, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love the extra addition of peanut butter in the form of chips!

Wendyposted January 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Did you know that 24 January is National Peanut Butter Day? I can’t wait to see what yummy recipe you will post for that. :)

• Sallyreplied on January 16th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Of course I knew that! I have one incredible recipe already planned. Thanks Wendy!

Wendyposted January 16, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Did you know that 24 January is National Peanut Butter Day? I can’t wait to see what kind of yummy treat you will have that day. :)

Toriposted January 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm

We (my 9 year old daughter & I) have tried quite a few of your recipes and are always so thrilled with the results! I am hoping to get my hands on one of your new cookbooks…although, I’m more than happy to follow your site & Pinterest posts. Thanks for sharing so many yummy treats 😉

• Sallyreplied on January 17th, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Thank you Tori! I’m glad you and your daughter love my recipes so much. My cookbook is available for pre-order. If you end up getting a copy, you’ll have to let me know which recipes you try first!

Wendyposted January 19, 2014 at 8:46 am

Where can I find nutritional information? I wanted to add it into fitness pal :)

• Sallyreplied on January 19th, 2014 at 11:59 am

Feel free to calculate it, Wendy. My recipes typically do not come with nutritional stats.

• Wendyreplied on January 19th, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Oh OK thanks. They r yummy by the way.

Kristinaposted January 22, 2014 at 10:37 am

We’re enjoying these, Sally! Thanks for the recipe. Any tips on cutting them? Even with a sharp knife, they seem to break apart at the edge when I’m cutting them. I don’t mind too much, but I was wondering if there’s a special way to do it?

PS. I’ll be pre-ordering your book and I know I’ll love it! Congrats on your success!!

• Sallyreplied on January 22nd, 2014 at 10:48 am

Hey Kristina, they do sometimes break apart when cutting. I make them more than any other recipe on my blog and sometimes I put them in the refrigerator to chill and then cut. That seems to help! Thank you for the congrats, it means a ton!

Jamieposted January 28, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Hi- I made these without a mixer and though delish, they were crumbly and fragile and dry in spots. Did I undermix?

Didn’t use any add ins.

• Danareplied on July 27th, 2014 at 5:16 pm

This happened to me as well. I think next time I’ll try it with more liquid, so perhaps a little more milk so they’re not so dry, or agave

Joanneposted January 29, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hi Sally! Accidentally found this recipe when searching for healthy ways to bake with the two 3 pound jars of peanut butter sitting lonely on my shelf. I loved this recipe and am looking forward to trying your other healthy baking options. I too am a baking addict but trying to keep the pounds off as I recently lost 40 pounds. Though this can be hard, having a daily sensible treat has kept me on course. So happy to meet you! Thanks for the healthier delicious options. Keep them coming!

• Sallyreplied on January 29th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Thanks Joanne! And congrats on the weight you lost. That’s quite an accomplishment! I’m happy you still treat yourself. These bars are great. One of my favorites!

Rachaelposted February 8, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Hi Sally:
    I am eager to make these, and I have asked you this probably many times before but quick oats would be okay right?
    I am just so hesitant when I see “old-fashioned rolled oats” on your ingredient list because I am not sure if I could use quick oats or not whenever I see it. So I am so sorry if I have asked this before in other recipes!

And assuming that you can use quick oats in your raisinet cookies, you can use them in your peanutbutter oatmeal scotchies too right?

In fact, I would think that using quick oats for any oatmeal cookie (including the good ol’fashioned oatmeal raisin cookie)…

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 9:31 am

Hi Rachael – you can use quick oats here. I don’t suggest using quick oats in my raisinet oatmeal cookies or my PB oatmeal scotchies though… because those recipes were created using a specific amount of flour vs oats. Quick oats, which are more powdery (flour-y) than whole oats, may change the texture of the baked cookie. However, you are more than welcome to try!

Kellyposted February 18, 2014 at 11:23 am

I made these to try and replicate a granola bar a friend of mine has bought at our local farmers market. She says these are better than the ones she bought. I replaced oat flour for the whole wheat flour. These are awesome!

Lillyposted February 28, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I just made these and I cooked them for 20 minutes and they came out a little crumbly did I do something wrong by over baking? Or are they supposed to be like that? Sorry for the questions!

• Sallyreplied on March 1st, 2014 at 7:40 am

They’re slightly crumbly, yes. But over baking will make them even more crumbly, so try only about 17 minutes if you make them again.

Maureenposted March 3, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Just made these tonight. I used natural peanut butter and only 1/4 cup brown sugar and they are SO DELICIOUS. I normally like my PB and chocolate separate, but I’m starting to come around. Thanks Sally. =)

PS. My cookbook should arrive on Thursday. Can’t wait!!

• Sallyreplied on March 4th, 2014 at 9:26 am

So glad you’re excited for the book! This recipe is actually inside the book. So you can make these again reading it from a solid book and not a print-out or the computer. :)

Sarahposted March 23, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Stumbled across this recipe searching for healthy treats containing peanut butter and oats, as I have some left from a flapjack recipe. This are awesome! My hubby and I are both trying to lose weight and these make a wonderful treat post work out. They also taste too naughty to be good, so a real healthy incentive. Thank you so much for sharing. How do u get hold of your recipe book? I’m from England. All the best :-)

• Sarahreplied on March 23rd, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Apologies for the typos. Darn iPhone!

• Sallyreplied on March 23rd, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Hi Sarah! My book is available on and in book stores – wherever books and eBooks are sold. I know they are available all through England as well.

Graceposted March 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Hi Sally!

I’ve made these peanut butter bars so many times they are pretty much a staple in our house, so thank you :) I am wondering if it is possible to substitute honey for the sugar and if so what would the approximate conversion for that be?

• Sallyreplied on March 24th, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I’ve never tested these with an unrefined sugar alternative, Grace. So I can’t say what would and would not work. If you test it out, let me know!

• Gracereplied on March 31st, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Made these with a bit over 1/4 cup of honey and scaled back the milk and they were delicious!

Julie @ This Gal Cooksposted April 6, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Any sweet treat with a whole lotta peanut butter in it is a huge winner in my book! Added bonus – a dairy free peanut butter treat! Dairy and i don’t always get along and while I shouldn’t eat it, I still do. But I’m trying to stop eating so much. Yay for tasty dairy free treats. :)

laurasmessposted April 13, 2014 at 10:43 am

These look wonderful Sally!! I still can’t believe how you make things healthy but indulgent at the same time. Amazing! P.S. There is never too much peanut butter. Never!! xx

Elizabethposted April 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Well, I was in a baking mood today, and that seems to be happening more often since I discovered your blog! I made these oatmeal bars, the (salt is genius), and for the 4 legged critters the Of course, all were a big hit.

• Sallyreplied on April 17th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

two great choices!! Thanks Elizabeth, you sound like a peanut butter loving gal. And your pups too.

Meganposted April 24, 2014 at 10:54 am

I tried this recipe last night with only 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup stevia and it was amazing! I have tried the recipe before with the full amount of brown sugar, and the two recipes taste the same. Just in case someone wants to try halving the sugar, but is scared they won’t turn out. :)

Primroseposted April 27, 2014 at 8:58 am

These just popped up on my Pinterest feed and my daughter screamd “LETS MAKE THOSE!”. I have my orders….!

• Sallyreplied on April 27th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

So sweet. Hope you both enjoy!

PUNIFAposted May 21, 2014 at 5:08 pm

i just made these yesterday and gah! i am in love!

I did change a few small things: I used 1/3 cup coconut sugar plus a little molasses (i might reduce this next time as i try to limit sugar as much as possible and they were plenty sweet!) and since coconut sugar is a bit notorious for drying out baked goods i used 1/2 cup applesauce instead of the almond milk (i needed two tablespoons of almond milk in addition to the applesauce!). I also used homemade peanut butter.

these are sooooo so good and comforting. i think the applesauce helped bind everything together cos they are not crumbly at all (not even when i sliced them pretty much right out of the oven… i am impatient). next time i’m gonna try em with oat flour, a bit less sugar, and i might replace some of the pb with more applesauce.

Bethposted June 18, 2014 at 1:51 am

YUM. I have made these about 6 times in 8 weeks. And I always eat most of the pan because my hubby isn’t a pb freak like I am. I have tinkered and used banana in place of 1/2 the PB, reduced the sugar to 1/3 cup b/c of the banana sweetness, added butterscotch chips instead of raisins, added cocoa powder, and added flaxseed to make them more lactation friendly. They are always delicious, though I have found that with the addition of banana I have to cut way back on the almond milk. Thanks for this fabulous recipe!

• Sallyreplied on June 18th, 2014 at 10:30 am

Your version sounds delicious Beth – thank you for sharing!

• Lesliereplied on November 22nd, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Didn’t think about adding flaxseed! I will have to do that the next time I make them. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

J Bourgposted July 19, 2014 at 1:47 pm

These are super good!!!! The only thing I changed in the recipe was – peanut butter :) I used 1/2 Sunbutter & 1/2 Peanut Butter!!!

Christinaposted July 31, 2014 at 4:09 pm

My family loves these healthy bars. I make them with natural Peter Pan peanut butter and they aren’t crumbly at all. They are moist and delicious. Thank you for this fabulous healthy recipe!

Laura Waxmanposted August 5, 2014 at 7:29 pm

these sound delicious! I just might make these this weekend – with my substitutes of gf flour, coconut sugar and cacao chocolate! thanks for sharing!

Sandraposted August 14, 2014 at 9:54 am

I’ll make these tonight and I’m excited to see how they turn out :) for now, a big thank you for adding metric measurements! That saved me a lot of hassle!

Franziposted August 24, 2014 at 12:46 pm

O.M.G! They taste like heaven! I gave a little piece to my hubby so he can try it and he was like ” So you want something too?” and then ate the whole bar ^^
    I really like that it´s crunchy and the taste is awesome. I always thought I dont like peanut butter but this is so yummi ( I am from Germany)

Keep it up!

Anjaposted August 27, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Hi, would you be able to freeze these? If so, what would be the best method of freezing them?

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

They freeze well. I cut them into squares and either freeze the squares individually or two together. Good for about 3 months.

Beckyposted November 8, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I would like to make these bars and freeze them into individual portions. How long would you recommend I microwave a bar after freezing?

• Sallyreplied on November 9th, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Hi Becky, I would say 20 seconds.

Courtneyposted November 12, 2014 at 11:42 am

So, I have these in the oven right now. I skipped the chocolate chips because I didn’t have any on hand. I added in a little over 1/2 cup of finely chopped apples. My toddler is OBSESSED with peanut butter, so I’m really excited about these as an alternative to processes snacks and a break from 3 peanutbutter sandwiches a day lol

Jamieposted November 15, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I was looking for a breakfast-on-the-go for weekdays and these sound perfect! I can’t wait to make them today, but I have a question: I would like to incorporate more protein into the recipe, do you think chocolate protein powder could be a substitute for some of the flour?

• Sallyreplied on November 16th, 2014 at 11:29 am

Hi Jamie, I’m sure you can sneak some protein powder into this recipe and remove some flour. I’ve just never tried it before so I am unsure of the proper ratio. Let me know what you try!

Leslieposted November 22, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I made a batch of these earlier. I played with the recipe a little. As a breastfeeding mom, I try to incorporate oats in as many things as I can, so I decreased the flour and increased the oats. I also used chocolate chips and peanut butter chips as my mix-ins. So yummy! Yet another of your wonderful recipes going in the recipe box. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. My family, my husband in particular, has loved every one of your recipes I’ve made. Keep em coming!!!!

Kionnaposted November 24, 2014 at 11:34 am

Hey Sally!! Just wanted to share how I made these, and managed to make them unhealthy :(
    But for my mix-ins I used white chocolate chips and heath bar pieces (my two mix ins that I always keep on hand) and made the drizzle with white chocolate and peanut butter.
    My gosh this is so good.
    Might’ve warmed it up and put some caramel ice cream on top too….

• Kionnareplied on November 24th, 2014 at 11:36 am

Also used white chocolate peanut butter haha!

Megan Kuhnerposted December 10, 2014 at 8:38 am

Could you substitute the wheat flour for all purpose flour ? What would be the ratio ?

Milaposted December 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm

How can I make if I don’t have a mixer? it seems too tough to mix the mixture with a spoon as peanut butter is thick.. should I melt the peanut butter?

Paige Charlesposted January 6, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I’m looking to try these but don’t have wheat flour on hand. Do you think regular flour would would?

• Sallyreplied on January 6th, 2015 at 9:07 pm

that would be just fine.

Emma {Emma's Little Kitchen}posted January 13, 2015 at 5:07 pm

In love with these Sally! Problem is, I eat half of the batter before it makes it into the baking dish…!

Kimberlyposted January 17, 2015 at 10:27 am

Hi sally! Thank you so much for sharing your passion with us all. I just recently made your detox smoothie and it was delicious!!
    I have a question about peanut butter.
    What kind do you usually prefer? An all natural? Or name brand sugar-filled one?

Erinposted January 30, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Thank you for this recipe. It’s perfect for when you want to bring a treat that is not too desserty! I skipped raisins and added sunflower seeds, which I thought was very good.

Kerryposted February 16, 2015 at 8:25 am

Just trying this yummy recipe with my 3yr old who loves baking. I’m just wondering how long they would keep in the fridge? :)

• Kerryreplied on February 16th, 2015 at 9:09 am

just ignore that… read to the bottom of the recipe :) … Can’t wait to try… looks yummy!

• Sallyreplied on February 16th, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Rachelposted March 3, 2015 at 5:24 pm

I am totally peanut butter crazy so when I found these I was so excited! I made them last night but doubled the ingredients for a larger tin and more bars (or slice as we call it in Australia). I also added chopped dried apricot instead of the raisins. It is a little crumbly – do you think adding an egg would help it bind together better? They are delicious though :)

• Sallyreplied on March 4th, 2015 at 7:48 am

An egg would help, yes. Thanks Rachel. Happy you like them!

Victoriaposted March 31, 2015 at 11:02 am

I doubled this recipe since I only had a 9×13 inch pan. My mom decided to cook these for 40 minutes because they were underdone after 20-25 minutes. They were super thick and really hard and dry once they were finally pulled out. Do you have any suggestions as to how ling this should cook for?

Amberposted April 29, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Tried the peanut oatmeal bars this week and they were fabulous! Satisfying snack and healthy too! Can I share this recipe on my blog?

Sara Vogesposted September 3, 2015 at 1:32 pm

have you ever doubled this recipe? I was wondering the baking time if doubled? My family loves these and I’m taking them to a family gathering and 1 recipe definitely isn’t enough :)

• Sallyreplied on September 3rd, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Absolutely! Double and bake in a 9×13 pan. Unsure of the exact bake time– I’d say around 35 minutes.