S’more Peanut Butter Cookies.

Soft-baked, thick style peanut butter cookies topped with melty marshmallow and chocolate. Bring campfire s’mores inside!

Soft-Baked S'more Peanut Butter Cookies! Bring the campfire s'mores inside with these crowd-pleasing cookies.

Do you remember when I made S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies? Probably not; that was back when no one read my blog besides Kevin and my mom.  Well, those cookies continue to be one of our very favorite ways to eat s’mores.

Today I’m bringing you the same idea, but with peanut butter cookies instead.  Sort of like a fluffernutter sandwich.   I love those. :)

While there’s no graham cracker in this recipe, I still like to think of these cookies as portable little s’mores with a huge peanut butter kick. How can you resist one of these?!

Soft-baked, thick style peanut butter cookies topped with melty marshmallow and chocolate. Bring campfire s'mores inside!

To make today’s cookies, I used one of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes as the base. It’s my go-to peanut butter cookie dough and have so many cookies on my website using this dough as the base.  They bake up to be so soft, puffy, unbelievably thick, and the most peanutbutteriest cookies I’ve ever tasted. In fact, one reader even told me that the cookies taste like the soft peanut butter inside of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. :)

They are so easy to make.  Many of you rave about them. Just check out all of the comments here!

Here are all of the cookie recipes I have made using my  peanut butter cookie dough base:

And I’m so excited to share my 6th version with you today. Chocolate, marshmallow, and peanut butter are just meant to be. First make my beloved peanut butter cookie dough.  I dare you to resist tasting the raw dough…

S'More Peanut Butter Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

As the cookies bake, cut 12 large marshmallows in half with a knife or a pair of kitchen scissors.

Now these peanut butter cookies only take about 9 minutes in the oven to bake. However, you’re going to pull them out of the oven at the 7 minute mark and stick the cut marshmallow right on top. It’s important to watch the clock in this step!

Press the marshmallow down slightly to flatten the cookie out a bit. After you stick the marshmallow on top, place the cookies back in the oven for 2-3 more minutes. Watch the marshmallows get nice and melty over your soft peanut butter cookies.

Let the cookies cool off for a few minutes before adding the chocolate.

I always use Baker’s melting chocolate bars when I need to cover or dip something in chocolate.  Unless I add shortening, I just never have luck melting chocolate chips to a thin smooth consistency.

Any chocolate made for melting will work for the chocolate on top.

S'More Peanut Butter Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Use about 2 teaspoons of chocolate per cookie.  Just drop it on top and spread it around the marshmallow with a spoon.  The chocolate hadn’t really set yet when I photographed the cookies, so that’s why it looks extra melty. AKA: irresistible.

The sprinkles were merely and afterthought, but I just love an adorably decorated cookie. I even used some leftover heart sprinkles from Valentine’s Day for a few of them.

Start to finish, these cookies took less than an hour.  You have to let the cookie dough chill for at least 30 minutes.  As they bake, get your marshmallows ready and melt your chocolate.  Top with sprinkles and you’re done.  Wasn’t that easy?

Thick peanut butter cookie base, gooey marshmallow center, melty chocolate topping, and sprinkles for a little something extra.  I don’t think I’ve EVER had a better “s’more” in my life!

There is no combination better than peanut butter and chocolate in this world.  Unless you add marshmallow. Done and done.  We found our new favorite way to eat peanut butter cookies!

PrintPrint SaveSave

S'more Peanut Butter Cookies

Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

Directions:

Using the peanut butter recipe linked above: in a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll 1.5 Tablespoons of dough into a ball. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet or silicone baking mat. Bake for exactly 7 minutes. Remove from oven and place marshmallow on top, gently pressing it down into the warm cookie. Place back into the oven for 2-3 more minutes so the marshmallow can melt and the cookie can finish baking.

Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. As the cookies cool, melt chocolate according to package directions. Spoon about teaspoons of chocolate on top of each marshmallow and swirl around with the back of the teaspoon. Top with sprinkles if desired. Cookies remain fresh at room temperature for up to 7 days in an airtight container.

Here are my S’more Chocolate Chip Cookies. Just as tasty as today’s peanut butter version. :)

S'More Chocolate Chip Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

If you love s’mores and peanut butter together, you’ll love my S’mores Puppy Chow

Smores puppy chow

One of my favorite pie recipes ever is this S’mores Brownie Pie. It’s a must-make.

S'mores Brownie Pie

117 Responses to “S’more Peanut Butter Cookies.”

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungryposted February 17, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Yea! First Comment. Peanut butter cookies are my favorite. And I love how you added the melted marshmallow on top. I would much prefer these over regular old s’mores any day!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete}posted February 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Holy moly do these look fabulous! My kids love making s’mores in the microwave, they would go nuts for these! Using peanut butter cookies is pure genius!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Hey Anna! Thank you so much. I haven’t microwaved a regular s’more like that in SO long! Now I need to. Apparently, I can’t get enough s’mores!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted February 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This is fantastic, girl! I LOVE adding peanut butter to my s’mores.. I just can’t resist that sweet and salty flavor!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

i can’t resist adding peanut butter to practically any dessert. I don’t think I’ll ever eat a s’mores without pb again :) Thanks Hayley! Hope you had a great weekend, thinking of you! xo

deanaposted February 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm

These cookies look heaven! I wish I would have time to make all the cookies on your website. Each one looks better than the next. Please ship me a few of each. Thanks! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Thanks Deana! :) Let me know if you ever do have a chance to make any of my cookies.

aimee @ shugarysweetsposted February 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm

We go camping all summer long and pb on our s’mores is a must!! LOVE these cookies!

Meredithposted February 17, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Finding your blog has been one of the best days of my baking life! I love your detailed instructions, your pictures, and, most importantly, your recipes! Keep them coming!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

That means a lot Meredith. Thank you VERY much! I will definitely keep them coming :)

Back For Secondsposted February 17, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Yes, pb and s’mores are perfect together! And I love this idea…. I laughed when I saw the title of this post. We. Are. The. Same.
    I made these last year… But with chocolate frosting. Great minds, right?? We love our butter :) http://backforsecondsblog.com/2012/04/peanut-butter-smores-cups/
    Have a great week, friend!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:00 pm

That is TOO funny Stephanie! I just took a look at yours – gorgeous! I love s’mores and pb together too!

Jen @ Savory Simpleposted February 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

We should trade leftovers some time. I really need to try these!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I would take you up on that Jen! I always have SO many leftovers. As you can imagine!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted February 17, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Wow, I didn’t realize you have THAT many recipes using that dough base. I thought it was just 3 or 4, but not 6. Love that!

“the cookies taste like the soft peanut butter inside of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup”- and if for no other reason than that alone, I have to try this dough base! It’s actually quite similar to the ‘old-fashioned’ cookies I made in my book. I just opened up my PDF to see what I did and cross-referenced them. My ratios all skew a little higher than yours but similar. I think I told you this before b/c you sent me to that one older link you had of them :)

Anyway -smores, chocolate, PB, cannot go wrong!

A

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

hands down, the best peanut butter cookie I’ve EVER had. I know you’d love it too Averie!

Caleyposted February 17, 2013 at 4:51 pm

You are always full of such great ideas, Sally! These are just adorable…I love the sprinkles! I was thinking these would also be great with Biscoff (play up the graham cracker taste!) or one of the flavored peanut butters, like chocolate. :)

On a more general note, I just have to tell you how great your blog is! I frequent a fair number of baking blogs, and I think yours is by far the best overall. I love the recipes and photography, of course, but also the layout you’ve chosen. I’ve seen other blogs with the same layout/features (same designer, maybe?) but your blog still stands out with your other choices like font size and colors. Everything about your blog screams personable and fun, and that’s so great. Keep up the good work! :D

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Hey Caley! Your comments ALWAYS make me smile. You are so supportive and it really means the world to me, so thank you. :) I love your idea for biscoff. definitely next time! Seriously – that may be another post in the future. With credit to you of course!

Thank you for all the kind words about my website. I want a simple clean look to it. And orange, pink, and blues are a few of my favorite colors (and will be the colors of our wedding!). I’m glad you like to come back all the time to my little space on the web. Means a lot! xo

aimee @ like mother like daughterposted February 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Oh Sally, you always know exactly what I am craving. I want to eat these cookies NOW.

Well, confession I am always craving sweets, but especially peanut butter and chocolate, yum yum yum.

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I am one to never turn down peanut butter and chocolate! Thanks Aimee!

Noelposted February 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Sally, for whatever reason, I woke up this morning thinking I had to come check out your site! Now I know why!! Peanut Butter SMores Cookies!! Of Course!

Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

That is too funny Noel. It must be fate. :) Thank you!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted February 17, 2013 at 5:34 pm

What a wonderful idea, to put those marshmallows on top! I’m sure that little extra fluff adds so much to these cookies! They look faaaaantastic! ;)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchenposted February 17, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Heavens, these look so good! Peanut butter cookies are my favorite and with marshmallows and chocolate, must be wonderful.

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 8:17 pm

peanut butter cookies are my favorite too. :) I love finding new things to do with the cookie dough recipe!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Bakingposted February 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I love peanut butter cookies and love s’mores. Now I have to try this combo! Thanks for sharing Sally and thank you for the lovely comment left on my guest post on Jen’s blog

• Sallyreplied on February 17th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Your espresso frosting is a dream come true Roxana! It looks and sounds AMAZING!

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted February 17, 2013 at 6:45 pm

These look phenomenal, even to a non peanut butter eater like me! :)

Cassie | Bake Your Dayposted February 17, 2013 at 7:08 pm

These cookies are adorable, Sally!! I love that you used a marshmallow on top, so creative!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted February 17, 2013 at 7:12 pm

WOW Sally! This is genius!! LOVE them.

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted February 17, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I can’t. I cannot resist. All things s’mores are amazing and omg cookies & pb too!? Heaven!

tijuana (po' man meals)posted February 17, 2013 at 8:14 pm

lord, have mercy. what a great idea to combine s’mores with peanut butter cookies. girl, you are doing some thinking! welp, i guess i’ll get up and get a pen. i have yet another recipe to add to my ‘to make’ list off of your website. :)

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 8:41 am

Tijuana! I know you’ll love these if/when you make them. Hope you had a great weekend and thank you always for reading :)

Karlyposted February 17, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Well. You just totally changed my life. NBD.

Lizposted February 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm

These sound amazing! Eating a peanut butter cookie on it’s own is wonderful but adding the marshmallow and chocolate to it is over-the-top! :)

Jocelyn @BruCrew Lifeposted February 17, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I am pretty sure I just found my new favorite way to eat peanut butter cookies too! Holy cow these look so insanely good!!!

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted February 17, 2013 at 10:04 pm

OMG Sally these are absolutely adorable. So adorable I may even be a tad more gentle when I cram a gajillion into my mouth at one time ;)

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:02 am

hahahaha if you could eat about 5 of these at once, you’d be my hero Jess :)

luv what you doposted February 17, 2013 at 11:28 pm

You have made me so cookie crazy and I love it! What an awesome idea to use the half mallows on your cookies. I bet the texture of those is incredible! I was laughing at your first line because I have some old posts from back when nobody read my blog and I think I might share them again because there are some good recipes back there : )

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:03 am

It’s always fun to direct readers back to old posts! Or even remake the recipe for them so they don’t get lost in our archives. I love doing that! And yes, looking back on old posts and old pictures – scary!!

what katie's bakingposted February 18, 2013 at 12:03 am

saw these on instagram today and about DIED! they look sooo good!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:04 am

You are so sweet Katie! PS: I am obsessed with Instagram.

Marcie @ FlavortheMomentsposted February 18, 2013 at 12:30 am

I LOVE peanut butter and I LOVE s’mores, so I’ll be trying these cookies sometime soon. Your peanut butter cookies do look perfectly puffy! These would be very dangerous for me.

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:05 am

Hey Marcie! Thanks! You have to let me know if you make them sometime :)

Amy Tongposted February 18, 2013 at 1:25 am

I’m sold! I can’t resist smore type of cookies and with a peanut butter based cookie? Oh boy…I might keep the whole batch all to myself! hahaha…Can’t wait to whip up a batch of my own. I’m drooling over here.

Emiliaposted February 18, 2013 at 3:46 am

Yum, yum, yum, these look delicious and great for helping us get through long winter days by fueling campfire dreams. I loved fluffernutter sandwiches as a kid and the idea of that taste fusion in a cookie is great, I wonder why I haven’t seen that before. I bet an almond butter version would be good too… :)

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Hi Emilia! All of your comments make me smile. :) fluffernutters and s’mores bring back so many memories for me, so these are very special cookies. And almond butter instead of peanut butter. Now you’re talking. I love the sounds of that!

Alaposted February 18, 2013 at 4:27 am

You’ll make a girl forsake the wild outdoors–I’m seriously more excited about trying these out than going camping now. Unfair! Maybe I’ll whip up a batch and then huddle in my closet gorging on them; it’s dark probably feels the same as being outdoors at night, I’m sure…hee!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:12 am

hahahaha! Maybe light a candle so it feels like a campground fire too :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted February 18, 2013 at 4:28 am

Oh my goodness, Sally. It is 1:30AM and all I can do is think about this amazingness here. And the portability of this is just genius!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:12 am

ok well all I can think about right now is your blueberry muffins! Wish I had those for breakfast instead of my boring cereal :(

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreationsposted February 18, 2013 at 5:11 am

I SOO have to make these for my hubby sometime. He loves anything peanut butter and he loves marshmallows. Awesome way to combine these two loves!

Jessica@AKitchenAddictionposted February 18, 2013 at 9:12 am

Once again, Sally, you have come up with a brilliant idea!

Meghan @ The Tasty Forkposted February 18, 2013 at 9:42 am

Goood laawd! I’m totally obsessed with anything s’mores. My go-to guilty pleasure usually includes some kind of chocolate & peanut butter treat. Thank you for combining both of my loves! Sharing and pinning!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thank you for pinning Meghan! And I am with you – peanut butter and chocolate is a weakness of mine. Adding marshmallow is a bonus ;)

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggiesposted February 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

When I was little, we used to make smores with Reeses’s PB cups (clearly, I was a health conscious child ;-)) so these sound like a fancy grown up version ;-) I can’t have marshmallows, but I imagine marshmallow fluff would work if I left it off until the cookies were out of the oven, but still warm. I have a girls night coming up, these are definitely on the snack list!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Hey Kelly! Marshmallow fluff would work here. I’d bake the cookies for the full 8-10 minutes (no longer). Then make a little indent with your thumb and fill with the fluff. Maybe about 2-3 teaspoons of fluff per cookie. Then top with chocolate :) have fun at your girls night!

Erinposted February 18, 2013 at 11:35 am

Yum! I think it would be fun to sprinkle crushed graham cracker crumbs on top. :)

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I love that idea Erin! Definitely next time :)

Elaineposted February 18, 2013 at 11:56 am

So after scrolling for 5 minutes so I could get to the comment form-you’re so popular!!-I just have to tell you how much I love and hate you right now. Combining fluffernutter AND s’mores in one glorious cookie recipe?! There goes my waistline, but oh my gosh my taste buds will be so happy. I literally cannot think of any two things that I’d rather combine. I mean you have chocolate, marshmallow, and peanut butter. Droolingggg. (And for the record, I remember the s’more cookies you posted a while ago :) )

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Awww thanks for remembering that first post Elaine! You’ve been a long time reader. :) Thank you for that!!!

Carla @ Carlas Confectionsposted February 18, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Those cookies look so incredibly fluffy! I need to get to making some of those ASAP! The s’more stuff on top just really makes them even more perfect! Your photos are so gorgeous too as always :)

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Thank you for the photo compliment Carla! Let me know if you ever make these s’mores cookies :)

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted February 18, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I’ve made peanut butter s’mores cookies before but these are different enough that I need them too!

Laura Dembowskiposted February 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Everything is better with marshmallow! I wonder if there’s a way to work the marshmallow into the batter. Pb and marshmallow is actually one of my fave flavor combos!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I tried baking peanut butter cookies with marshmallows in the dough and the marshmallows exploded in the oven. It was not pretty…

Rebekahposted February 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Try coconut or palm oil instead of shortening with your choc chips, and melt 20 seconds at a time in the microwave (no cover). Perfect every time! :) Love your recipes!!!

• Sallyreplied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Love that suggestion Rebekah. :) Thank you!

• Amyreplied on August 11th, 2013 at 6:44 am

Sally, your description mentioned melting the chips with shortening, but I didn’t see the directions in the actual recipe…just “melt chocolate” lol. Can you tell me the ratios? Thanks. :)

And I love the coconut oil suggestion Rebekah!

• Sallyreplied on August 11th, 2013 at 10:36 am

Hi Amy! My description says that I do not have luck melting chocolate chips unless I use shortening. But the recipe does not call for chocolate chips and shortening, it calls for baking chocolate – you do not need shortening to melt the baking chocolate in the recipe ingredient list.

• Amyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Ahh, gotcha. Didn’t noticed the slight difference in wording…Just assumed it was about all CHOCOLATE! lol Thanks!! :)

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted February 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

S’mores + peanut butter = my favorite cookie I’ve never made! Haha, seriously though, I’m a sucker for anything involving marshmallow, and peanut butter makes everything better. These remind me of a fluffernutter, which I have been obsessed with foreevvvverrr!

saraposted February 18, 2013 at 10:27 pm

These look AMAZING! Totally delectable! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 8:38 am

Thanks Sara!

Loretta Eposted February 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Sally, how do you not weigh 600 pounds? Seriously. These look insane…

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted February 18, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I love your super tall cookie dough! And the gooey marshmallow and drippy dark chocolate–YUM!! Sm’ores are one of my very favorite things and when you add peanut butter AND sprinkles–perfection!

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchenposted February 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

You are constantly amazing me with your spectacular cookies!!!

angela @ another bite pleaseposted February 18, 2013 at 11:31 pm

ok you are too funny with your first sentence…that is so how i feel sometimes…my family..now if i could get them to comment more. LOL so i’ve clicked over to your first smore cookies and i want to try those too…this one with the peanut butter addition that i have to try TOO!!!! they both look and sound wonderful…have you camped since then? lol

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 9:24 am

NO I have not gone camping again haha! I’m sure Kevin will take me again this summer. And yes, I will bring s’mores.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted February 19, 2013 at 2:01 am

I love how you have so many great base recipes. Such a great way to start off! These look so good! I love s’mores so much!

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Thanks Stephanie! A great base cookie recipe is like a paid of shoes. If I like it, I’ll buy it in every color. If I like a base cookie recipe, I’ll make it in every which way :)

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted February 19, 2013 at 9:07 am

Can I just tell you these cookies look amazing! If I give these to the kids, I am going to be a superstar! Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on February 19th, 2013 at 9:12 am

I’m sure you already are a superstar with your amazing strawberry chocolate rice krispie treats Nancy! =)

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted February 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I love peanut butter cookies on their own, but in s’more form? Wowzers. These almost make me want to try camping. And by camping, I mean staying at a hotel that doesn’t have an in-room coffee maker. :-)

These look awesome.

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 8:22 am

hahahahahahahah hotel camping sounds like fun!

Mercedesposted February 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Um, WOW is really the only word I can come up with for these cookies Sally! I actually love to put a peanut butter cup instead of a plain chocolate bar in my regular campfire s’mores, so I just know that I would love these cookies!

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 8:29 am

WHY oh why have I never put a peanut butter cup on a s’more before? Mercedes, you just opened up a whole new world of campfire s’mores for me. thaaaaaank youuuu!

Julianne @ Beyond Frostingposted February 19, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I adore the big scoop of chocolate on top and the sprinkles just make these look adorable! I can’t believe how easy these look to make. You are totally right about melting the chocolate chips. I wasted a whole bag and almost 30 minutes trying to get it to work over the weekend. Melting chocolate works WAY better.

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 8:32 am

I agree Julianne, I always use chocolate made specifically for melting. Saves me a headache!

Reeniposted February 19, 2013 at 8:53 pm

These are so stinkin’ cute Sally! So funny cause I’m making s’more cookies tomorrow morning! They’re not peanut butter ones though, which I might add are pure genius and just sent my taste buds into watery overdrive!

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 8:53 am

I can’t wait to see your s’more cookie recipe Reeni!

Jessposted February 19, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Sally – I had forgotten about the original, so I’m so glad you re-posted this. There are few desserts I love as much as s’mores, but it would be so fun to have them in cookie form. Those marshmallows melt so perfectly on top – what a great idea!

Monicaposted February 19, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Just stumbled upon your blog… love the photos! Everything looks amazing. Can’t wait to try some of your recipes :)

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 8:57 am

Hi Monica! So glad you found my site. Let me know what you make sometime!

• Sallyreplied on February 20th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Hey Monica! I just tried to leave you a comment on your blog but WP didn’t supply an option to enter/send my comment to you! I’ve seen this on many WP blogs lately. Just letting you know those tofu tostadas look wonderful!

• Monicareplied on February 20th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Hey Sally! Hm, not sure what’s going on with WP but thanks for stopping by! The tofu tostadas were really delicious!

So many great recipes to choose from on here but I think I will start with the chocolate peanut butter swirl cupcakes which led me to your blog in the first place :) I will have to let you know how they turn out!

Marcie @ FlavortheMomentsposted February 20, 2013 at 10:03 pm

OK, Sally, I made a variation of these cookies using Girl Scout Tagalongs. The cookies are like thick, fluffy, peanut butter clouds. I’m hooked!

Mike 'Cookie Man' D.posted February 25, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Can I have ‘S’more’ of these? Thanks for sharing. We just loved this recipe…brought back fond boy scout memories. Thanks again! :)

• Sallyreplied on February 26th, 2013 at 8:23 am

Haha! I’m so glad you made them and loved them Mike!

Juliaposted March 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I substituted half of the flour with whole-wheat flour and you could barely tell – it’s the little things that count!

• Sallyreplied on March 10th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

GREAT suggestion again Julia! Glad you loved them with some WW flour.

Gwenposted April 2, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I made these last night with my 10 y.o. daughter (her favorite part was cutting the marshmallows in half). These cookies are wonderful! Truly, very good cookies. The peanut butter cookie base is pillow-y soft, half a marshmallow is the perfect amount, and using the melting chocolate on top instead of chocolate frosting is the perfect finishing touch because it adds just a touch of firmness for a nice mouth feel, and makes the whole thing non-stick (easy for the little ones to handle). I can’t believe how easy the whole thing went together as well. This recipe is going in my permanent file. Thank you!

BTW, we used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon Wilton cookie scoop and did get exactly 24 cookies. Also our marshmallows didn’t melt over the top of the cookies, which was a bit disappointing. They puffed up really tall which was worrisome (as far as presentaion), but as the cookies cooled they settled down just fine.

• Sallyreplied on April 3rd, 2013 at 8:55 am

My favorite part is to cut the marshmallows too. :) Do happy to hear you and your daughter loved these, Gwen! And yes, the cookies are so so soft, which I love. And going in your permanent file? What a compliment. Thank you so much!

Saraposted April 27, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I knoww this a silly beginner’s question. But what kind of chocolate do you melt? I understand the Baker’s chocolate I know what that is. But like semi-sweet, unsweetened, etc….?

• Sallyreplied on April 27th, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Hey Sara! I used semi-sweet

• Kolleenreplied on May 6th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Oh! I was wondering the same thing! Thanks!

Rebekah | The Kitchen Gidgetposted December 4, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I just tried this recipe without the toppings because I wanted to test the cookie part. I accidentally left a rack of cookies on the counter overnight and they were STILL incredibly soft and moist in the morning! Can’t wait to try the other variations :-)

• Sallyreplied on December 5th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Rebekah, I know! These cookies are unbelievably soft. They stay soft for days!

Malloryposted January 2, 2014 at 5:15 pm

These cookies are delicious; everyone loved them. I made them for a cookie contest at my office and they won first place! Thanks so much for the recipe, Sally! :)

• Sallyreplied on January 2nd, 2014 at 5:29 pm

WOW! 1st place? That’s amazing Mallory! Not that I’m surprised. These cookies are incredible.

Kolleenposted May 8, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I cannot express how incredibly delicious these cookies are! In fact, I think they taste even better a few days later. I made them for my Bunco group. But my husband is a pb cookie lover, so I’m super excited to have found a new recipe to make for him. They are so unbelievably soft! Yum. Thank you!

Mandiposted May 9, 2014 at 12:34 am

I am in the US Navy. I’ve been following your blog for a few months and bought your cookbook as soon as I could! Everything I have tried so far has come out perfect. I occasionally bring treats to work with me and they are always gone within an hour. This is remarkable because I work in a joint service job (I work with Airforce, Marines, and Army) and, because of strict physical fitness standards, most of the people I work with are on some fad diet or another. When I bring your baked goods in, no one says no! Thanks for making our service members so happy!

• Sallyreplied on May 9th, 2014 at 10:20 am

Mandi, that’s certainly a compliment. I’m so happy that my recipes are so well loved. :)

Carolynposted May 31, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I was looking for a good PB cookie and combined the smore PB recipe but used half a hershey kiss on top of melted marshmellow right out of oven instead of melted chocolate since that is what I had in pantry.

nikaposted November 10, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Hi Sally!

Been looking around your blog and can’t wait to bake some (all) of these recipes! My question is:
    Can this s’mores peanut butter cookie recipe be used as just a plain peanut butter cookie? I only ask because it differs a little from the classic peanut butter recipe you have but you do mention that you use this recipe as a base; is that only when you use add-ins as well?

I love peanut butter and would like a nice soft pb cookie recipe for my go to also…haven’t quite found the right one!

Thanks for your time and all the deliciousness you introduce us to!

Nika

• Sallyreplied on November 11th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Hi Nika– I have a ton of peanut butter cookie recipes that I love. And these particular cookies are so soft. Soft and puffy and thick– they are great as a base without the s’more toppings.

• nikareplied on November 12th, 2014 at 8:27 am

You are absolutely right…they were delicious! Thank you :)