Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies.

These 7 ingredient fudgy no-bake cookies taste like candy bars. Gluten free and no refined sugars!

Another no-bake cookie for you today. AKA effortless chocolate bliss.

I do not follow a gluten free diet.  But, I know many of my readers do and I receive quite a bit of requests to make some gluten free recipes. I’m not too seasoned in the gluten free flour world, but I do know how to make a mean gluten free healthy chocolate truffle. And those Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies from last week? Use certified GF oats and you’re good to go.

I must admit to you: today’s cookies are accidentally gluten free!

You see, I wanted to created a salty/sweet/chocolate no bake cookie, similar to the cookies I shared last week.  Salty & sweet is my favorite “flavor” when it comes to dessert.  Rather than using oats or flour, I took some salty peanuts and sunflower seeds to create the base for today’s healthy chocolate treat.

There are so many wonderful attributes to today’s recipe.  First, there is absolutely no refined sugar whatsoever present in this recipe.  I simply used honey to sweeten the little guys up.  There is also no butter used at all, which is a typical ingredient in most no-bake cookies. In fact, there are only 7 super easy ingredients needed to create these.  When it comes to healthy recipes, easy and convenient are most important!

After 1 bite, Kevin described these cookies as chocolate candy bars with salty peanuts inside. And that is exactly what they are! It’s a thick (and healthy) chocolate coating binding peanuts and sunflower seeds. It’s a texture freak’s dream, chocoholic’s dream, and salty-sweet lover’s dream.

The glistening chocolate you see here is made from easy, good-for-you ingredients.  Coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, and honey.  Coconut oil is necessary for these cookies; there simply is no replacement that will work in lieu of coconut oil besides butter. And using butter just defeats the purpose of these healthy chocolate treats, right?!

Read about all of the health benefits of coconut oil.

Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies by

Oh and there’s peanut butter in these as well. Salty peanuts + creamy peanut butter AND chocolate that’s good for me?  Needless to say, I could hardly resist one every time I opened the refrigerator this week. The torture!

The cookies take less than 10 minutes to throw together.  I measured 1.5 Tablespoons of “dough” and dropped them onto a silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet.  The cookies took about 1 hour to become solid in the refrigerator, making them easy to remove from the cookie sheet.  Since coconut oil melts at room temperature, make sure you keep these in the refrigerator at all times to keep a firm texture. But melty chocolate goo isn’t such a bad thing right?

These no-bake healthy “chocolate bars” taste completely sinful. The chocolate is rich, creamy, thick, and smooth. The crunchy sunflower seeds and salty peanuts give each bite an unbelievable texture, making these cookies a new favorite.  The recipe makes 15 cookies, and let me tell ya – all 15 of those cookies are already gone.  I cannot resist salty/sweet anything!

If you follow a gluten free diet, and even if you don’t – I know you will adore my new healthy cookies.

Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies

Yield: 15 cookies

• 1/2 cup honey*
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (no substitutions are suitable besides butter)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted + salted)

Line a large cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, cocoa powder, and coconut oil. Stir until all is melted. The mixture will be very thick. Allow to boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and salt until completely smooth.

Add the sunflower seeds and peanuts, mixing well to make sure all is coated with the chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Using a spoon, drop mixture into small piles on prepared baking sheet. I measured roughly 1.5 Tablespoons of "dough" each, to make 15 cookies. Make them as big or small as you wish.

Transfer cookies to the refrigerator and allow to set, about 1 hour. Serve cookies immediately to avoid the chocolate from melting. Store cookies in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 7 days.

*Maple syrup may be used instead of honey.

*Instead of sunflower seeds, use all peanuts or substitute another nut.

*Looking for nut free version? Try using sunflower seed butter and all sunflower seeds.

If you like today’s cookies, I have a feeling you’ll love these similar recipes.

Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter N0-Bake Cookies

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana No Bake Cookies

Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites

Brownie Truffle Energy Bites by

Homemade Chewy Fudge Granola Bars

Chewy No-Bake Fudge Granola Bars

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Skinny Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies by

See more healthy recipes.

See more no-bake recipes.

See more sweet & salty recipes.

112 Responses to “Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies.”

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted April 11, 2013 at 9:53 am

It’s like a Payday bar!!! I especially love that you didn’t just melt chocolate chips, but used cocoa powder, honey and coconut oil! These are such a great idea Sally!!

Nicole @ Fruitn Fitnessposted April 11, 2013 at 10:56 am

I love no bake cookies, but have never had any luck with them when I have tried to make them at home. Mine never seem to set into a cookie form.

• Sallyreplied on April 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am

The “batter” or “dough” of these is quite thick and moist, it will hold together. Let me know if you try them. Thanks Nicole!

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted April 11, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Are you kidding me? These look so, so good, Sally! Seriously, sometimes I really believe the most indulgent desserts can come in the simplest forms, and these no-bake cookies are a testament to that!

Emily @ Life on Foodposted April 11, 2013 at 7:26 pm

My first attempt at No Bake Cookies was an utter fail. These looks amazing. Will have to try my luck again as these will be perfect as the weather warms up.

• Sallyreplied on April 11th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Oh no! A failed batch of cookies is never any fun. I’ve had my fair share! Let me know how you like these if you give them a go. Thanks Emily!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girlposted April 11, 2013 at 10:34 pm

How cool are these!?! We don’t follow a gluten free diet either, but I’m always a fan of a healthy dessert. :-)

Siaposted April 12, 2013 at 3:19 am

These look delicious. I am definitely going to make them. They are dairy free and grain free, perfect for me! Not a fan of sunflowers seed so will substitute with something else maybe pistachios or pecans I love those.

• Sallyreplied on April 12th, 2013 at 6:00 am

Sia, those are great substitutions. I hope you enjoy them!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreatposted April 14, 2013 at 8:44 am

I have a few people in my family who have wheat allergies, so these are perfect! I also love the fact that they’re no bake! Sounds delicious and super easy!

• Sallyreplied on April 14th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

That’s great, Holly! My friend has an allergy to gluten as well and I feel bad giving her any of my treats (the ones with oats, not flour) b/c I am afraid the oats my be contaminated. These were perfect for her! And they are so good, even for those not following a gluten free diet. Let me know how you like them!

foodie@foodieportal.composted April 15, 2013 at 11:29 pm

We love your pictures and recipes, they are mouth watering. Would love for you to share them with us at We are new but at we are not photography snobs, we are just foodies.

Jennposted April 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I just made these tonight; SOOOO good! I was worried because I used raw honey and when I mixed the first 3 ingredients, it was running, not thick and sticky, but it came together great! Tasted delicious and I feel generally guilt free when eating them. Thanks for a great recipe!

Michaelposted April 23, 2013 at 9:12 am

Love the addition of the salty peanuts in your no-bakes. I make them all the time with my Dad and we’re still on the quest to find the perfect, not-too-grainy recipe.

Whittneyposted April 24, 2013 at 10:24 am

Sigh. Butter IS good for you. Why is everyone still stuck in the land of avoiding butter?!

• Sallyreplied on April 24th, 2013 at 10:38 am

Hey Whittney! I am no stranger to using butter. One quick glance in my cookie, brownie, cupcake, cake, sweet roll, and candy archives agree to that. :) For those watching their calorie intake, butter and saturated fat are the first to go. I replaced it with heart-healthy coconut oil. Thanks for your opinion!

LauraJposted April 29, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Still new to coconut oil, is that a 1/4 cup just scouped out of the jar or 1/4 cup melted? I’m excited to try these! I love no bakes!

• Sallyreplied on April 29th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hey Laura! Just scooped out of the jar. Enjoy!

Danaposted May 1, 2013 at 10:44 am

Hi Sally …

These look amazing..I just have a question regarding PB..Can I use the all natural PB here ..( no sugar/salt added). I tend to like it better but wonder if it would change the consistency of the treat since it’s less oily ?

Thank You !

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hi Dana! I’ve never tried to make these with all-natural peanut butter. I assume it would be fine though since there are a few other binding ingredients as well.

• Letyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Dana, I made these yesterday with all natural (fresh churned) peanut butter. No sugar or salt added and they came out amazing!

• Sallyreplied on May 1st, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Lety!

• Danareplied on May 30th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Thank You Lety and Sally ! You know what I will be doign this weekend …YUM-O !!!

Megan @ For the Love of Cookiesposted May 3, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I finally got around to making these and I am amazed! I’m battling off feelings of guilt because they seriously taste like they cannot be healthy! Thanks for the amazing recipe!

• Sallyreplied on May 3rd, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I know, right?! They are so decadent and it’s crazy to think that they are a healthier version!

Mariaposted June 2, 2013 at 11:30 pm

These look sooo good! I can’t wait to try them out :) Just wondering, could I use melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder?

• Sallyreplied on June 3rd, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Hi Maria! Melted chocolate would cancel out the need to use coconut oil. Unfortunately, without trying it out myself, I’m not sure how much melted chocolate you would need. Using cocoa powder may be a little easier. There is no substitution for coconut oil except for butter, though.

nehaposted July 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm

It is always a delight to bake your wonderful recipes. I tried this gluten free no bake recipe and I am amazed at how delicious it tastes. I wanted to know if this recipe is completely gluten free and that there are no traces of it anywhere, don’t want to gift it to someone only to tell them its 100% gluten free when maybe its not.

Thank you so much for sharing.

• Sallyreplied on July 2nd, 2013 at 5:52 pm

It sure is! There is no wheat in the recipe. Seeds, nuts, peanut butter, cocoa powder, honey, oil – no wheat.

Kellyposted September 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm

These are awesome. Of course…I did alter them a bit. I didn’t have a lot of honey so I used 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses and 1/4 cup of maple syrup. And then I didn’t have any sunflower seeds so I was trying to think of something healthy to throw in there…so I used 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts and about 3/4 cup of oats. And they are really good. I discovered your website through pinterest and I am having a blast looking at all the different recipes.

• Sallyreplied on September 23rd, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Your version sounds delicious Kelly! So happy you like them. I think they taste like candy bars! I appreciate you reporting back.

Lori Calloposted November 8, 2013 at 9:23 pm

my neighbor made these and I am making them tomorrow, i was wondering do you have nutritional information on line for your recipes? like calories, fat calories etc…..

• Sallyreplied on November 9th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hi Lori! No, my website does not offer that. However, feel free to plug my recipe into a calorie counting website. Enjoy these cookies!

Yammie @ Yammie's Nosheryposted December 5, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Hey Sally! Just made these with oats and rice krispies in place of the seeds and nuts. Yum! Thanks for the recipe! :)

• Sallyreplied on December 5th, 2013 at 8:36 pm

That’s great, Yammie! I have no doubt your version is fantastic.

Mariahposted January 24, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I made these today, and they are super yummy! My only complaint is that they are a bit oily, but otherwise the texture is great!

• Mariahreplied on January 24th, 2014 at 9:30 pm

also used cashews instead of peanuts to make it paleo!

Shaunnaposted June 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

The last couple of times I have made this recipe some of the peanut butter has separated out. Do you think I am boiling it too much? Thanks for your help. Love this recipe!

• Sallyreplied on June 9th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

You could be. Are you using natural style peanut butter? I find oily peanut butters don’t work best for these.

• Shaunnareplied on June 9th, 2014 at 5:19 pm

I am just using regular peanut butter. I will try shortening the boil time. Thanks.

Sitiposted June 28, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Hi Sally, I am a new reader to your blog – came across you when I was googling no-bake recipes because I hardly cook, let alone bake

Amberposted August 1, 2014 at 10:40 am

We love these! Could you please let me know if they freeze well. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Yep! They freeze well, up to 2-3 months.

Angieposted November 26, 2014 at 10:58 am

Which recipe would you say is the best- these or your Homemade Chewy Fudge Granola Bars?

• Sallyreplied on November 26th, 2014 at 7:02 pm

hmm. I love them both Angie. The granola bars are a little easier to make though.

Rachelposted June 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm

So I made these with dark chocolate cocoa powder and they turned out terrifyingly black, but so delicious. One thing-after being stored in the fridge overnight they still haven’t set and remain gooey. Any suggestions? 5 minutes in the freezer?

• Sallyreplied on June 14th, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Freezer will help, yes! I tend to steer clear of dark cocoa powder for that very reason– unattractively black cookies!