15 Sweet & Salty Pretzel Recipes.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy National Pretzel Day!

Well, national pretzel day is technically tomorrow but when it comes to pretzels, I naturally get ahead of myself.  You see, I love pretzels.  Our cupboards are stocked with them. Honey wheat twists, pretzel rods, mini twists, pretzel sticks, hard sourdough pretzels, Trader Joe’s peanut butter pretzels… you name it, we’ve got it.  I am a pretzel fiend.

15 Sweet & Salty Pretzel Recipes including brownies, cookies, blondies, cupcakes, snacks and other desserts.

My favorite snack is honey wheat pretzel twists dipped into homemade honey roasted peanut butter. :)

One of my very favorite things to “make” are chocolate covered pretzels. I’ve been making them for years for nearly every occasion.  It’s gotten to the point where family and friends expect me to bring along a tray of them everywhere I go during the holidays.  Chocolate covered pretzels are perfect for your sweet & salty cravings.  Gosh knows I have them often…

Bites of Real Life

Today I’m sharing 15 of my favorite recipes using pretzels AND a bonus recipe for Homemade Soft Pretzels (a 30 minute recipe!). Let’s get this sweet & salty party started!

1) 30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels – a family recipe that has been loved by so many of my readers. You just can’t miss out on these.

30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

2) Bite-Sized Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies. If you like M&Ms, peanut butter, and pretzels then you have to try them all together in my soft peanut butter cookie recipe.

Mini Peanut Butter Pretzel M+M Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

3) Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites - these are laughably easy.  The combination of Oreos, white chocolate, creamy cheesecake, sprinkles, and salty pretzels is out of this world!

Oreo Cheesecake Bites by sallysbakingaddiction.com

4) Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies.  You’re going to notice how much I love peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels together by the end of this round-up. ;)

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies

5) Loaded Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods. These were an instant favorite with my friends. Caramel and salty pretzels is such a fabulous combination. Top them with anything of your choice like Reese’s Pieces, sprinkles, or chocolate chips.

Caramel Dipped Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

6) Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting – topped with a pretzel of course!

Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting by sallysbakingaddiction.com

7) Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs - these are so fun during the fall months.  You could even top them with M&Ms – see the next photo!

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs from Sallys Baking Addiction

8) Pretzel Hugs - literally take 5 minutes to make.  I just made them last weekend again; we love them.

Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs from Sallys Baking Addiction

9) Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies – it’s the truth, I simply love M&Ms + pretzels together! These soft-baked cookies are so flavorful, nutty, and caramel-ly from the brown butter.

Brown Butter Pretzel M+M Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

10) Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites – my friends beg me to make these ALL the time.  Completely hard to resist. You can make them with any pretzel shape and even with white chocolate too.

Chocolate Pretzel PB Bites

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bites

11) Butterscotch Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies - the only thing I might like as much as pretzels is butterscotch. The two are unbelievable together, especially in soft chocolate chip cookies.

Pretzel Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies by sallysbakingaddiction.com

12) Brown Butter Pretzel M&M Blondies – definitely a favorite right here.  Have you ever had Pretzel M&Ms? They are a must try!

Caramel Pretzel M&M Blondies by Sallys Baking Addiction by sallysbakingaddiction.com

13) Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies - take your favorite chocolate covered pretzels and put them into cookies! You can also make them with white chocolate covered pretzels (see the next photo).

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies

14) White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies – the sprinkles add a festive flare for any occasion. Love these thick, soft-baked cookies!

White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies

15) And last but certainly not least, my homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels.  The best of the best!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels by sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: What are your favorite recipes using pretzels? Or your favorite homemade pretzel recipe?

Links are welcome!  I am obviously in a pretzel state of mind. ;)

56 Responses to “15 Sweet & Salty Pretzel Recipes.”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersposted April 25, 2013 at 10:52 am

I am with you! I LOVE pretzels. Like you I love dipping the honey wheat pretzel into peanut butter! I also love to crush them and put them in my frozen yogurt. I love homemae pretzels and your 30 minute pretzels have become a staple in home. I make them weekly, I’m not kidding you. I made homemade peanut butter and crushed up preztesl in it, ohmy gosh! My Husband and I ate the whole batch, while dipping more preztels into it while watching Food Network. You got me all excited for preztels.

All of your recipes look amazing! The M&M’s cookies are calling me!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted April 25, 2013 at 10:54 am

Yet another holiday I was unaware of. Even with the days heads up I don’t have time to make anything for tomorrow, ah! Loving all these recipes though.

Mr. & Mrs. Pposted April 25, 2013 at 11:01 am

What a great collection of pretzels in dessert!!! We just love the saltiness pretzel give to a sweet dessert.. Its a perfect combination.

Danza de Fogonesposted April 25, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love your photos and the cupcakes!

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchenposted April 25, 2013 at 11:27 am

Oh I love Pretzels! I mean really who doesn’t? I am drooling over all 15 of these posts. It is fun to see all your tasty creations again in one spot!

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfectionposted April 25, 2013 at 11:31 am

I love adding pretzels to cookies and other sweet treats. The salty/sweet combo and crunchy texture are to die for! Awesome recipe round-up, perfect for National Pretzel Day. :)

Marcie @ FlavortheMomentsposted April 25, 2013 at 11:37 am

I so love that sweet and salty thing. Trader Joe’s peanut butter pretzels with chocolate or without are one of my favorite snacks! Your M&M pretzel cookies want to make me reach into the screen and grab a few. Gotta try those soon!

Brookeposted April 25, 2013 at 11:38 am

I LOVED your 30 min soft pretzel Recipe! It took me a little longer than that my first time, but I am sure it will be faster the next time. It made so many and I love that they froze well and I just would warm them whenever I wanted one. I don’t subscribe to many blog’s but yours is definitely worth it. I love Pretzels, Popcorn, and anything with Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Caramel! Thanks for all the great recipes you post.

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Wow Brooke! What a sweet comment, I really appreciate it. Thank you for following along! We like a lot of the same foods. :) Love those soft pretzels too! They get easier after the first time, I promise.

Stephanie @ Back for Secondsposted April 25, 2013 at 11:39 am

I have GOT to try those brownies! All my favorites in one :)
    Everything looks so fab, Sally!

Monicaposted April 25, 2013 at 11:45 am

What an awesome homage to pretzels! : ) Beautiful pictures and everthings looks delicious. I totally need to dip some in chocolate for a snack right now. Great inspiration!

Eva @ Eva Bakesposted April 25, 2013 at 11:49 am

Hooray for pretzels!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted April 25, 2013 at 11:57 am

It is not helping that I’m reading this post right before lunch! I’d love one of each, please. :) I once made a great cookie recipe that involved pretzels AND pretzel M&M’s. So good!!

Carla @ Carlas Confectionsposted April 25, 2013 at 12:00 pm

LOOOOOVE pretzels! I cant wait to make those 30 min pretzels. They look so sinfully delicious!

Meredithposted April 25, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love these kinds of posts where you group them together!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted April 25, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I didn’t know that it was Natl Pretzel Day! I wish I would have but you take the cake as Miss Pretzel-lover :) Perfect post for you and I didnt realize JUST how many pretzel recipes you had til I see them all!

Since you asked for links, these recent bars of mine are a dream come true for me with salty, sweet, crunchy, gooey, soft, chewy http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2013/04/salted-caramel-pretzel-blondies.html

I’m totally craving pretzels now! :)

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I’m totally CRAVING your pretzel blondies with a mango coconut martini on the side. ;)

Erinposted April 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I’ll take one of each, please. :) Looking over this post, I’m again reminded of how creative you are! So many clever ways to use pretzels in sweet desserts. Can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve next! P.S. Once you get in the groove of your new routine, I know I (and probably other followers) would love a day in the life post where you tell us all about the daily blogging process. Hope your first week “on the job” is going wonderfully. ;)

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Hey Erin! That’s a great idea for a post! Thanks for the suggestion. :) I always appreciate your comments!

Angela @ Canned Timeposted April 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm

A girl after my own heart! I adore salty sweet and crunchy chewy. These have it all :)
    …..PINNING !!

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Hey Angela! Thanks for pinning this!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cookingposted April 25, 2013 at 12:49 pm

How did I not know this?! I must get to celebrating ASAP with one of your amazing, decadent, delish desserts! They all look incredible, Sally – as do you in that cute photo in your kitchen! :D

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

You are so sweet, Georgia! Thank you. That’s my mom’s kitchen. My kitchen is literally a closet lol.

Ikhlasposted April 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I’m actually going to be making your soft pretzel recipe weekend and am SO excited! I love soft- pretzels, especially ones dipped in cinnamon sugar. :D

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Hope you enjoy those pretzels, Ikhlas!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweetposted April 25, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Great round up Sally!

Megan @ For the Love of Cookiesposted April 25, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I love pretzels! Free soft pretzel at Pretzelmaker tomorrow btw. I’ve made your pretzel m&m peanut butter cookies and pretzel m&m blondies but I think I need to make a few more (ahem, peanut butter pretzel bites, brown butter pretzel m&m cookies)!

Apparently peanut butter + chocolate + pretzels is the perfect trio of flavors. Here’s my take on your pb cookies but I used pretzel M&Ms: http://humancookiemonster.blogspot.com/2013/03/peanut-butter-pretzel-m-cookies_26.html and Chubby Hubby Truffles that have the same flavors: http://humancookiemonster.blogspot.com/2013/04/chubby-hubby-truffles_20.html .

I’m loving this round up and this holiday!

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I’ve never been to Pretzelmaker before! Sounds like my heaven. You chose to make two of my favorites, Megan! Love those. I need to make those Chubby Hubby Truffles ASAP.

Jess @ OnSugarMountainposted April 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I didn’t even know there was such a thing! But it makes sense – pretzels are lovely and deserve their own day to be recognized for their deliciousness. Soft, hard, salty, sweet – love these recipes and flavor combos Sally!

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Lifeposted April 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness. I love pretzels. Their crunchiness and saltiness lend such pop to cookies and brownies. This list is going to drive me crazy! If I HAD to pick a favorite, it would be those Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies. Those have been staring at me from my Pinterest board for WAY too long.

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

mmm good choice. Love those brownies!

laurasmessposted April 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Wow. Australians definitely haven’t discovered the true value of pretzels (by the way, the more I read the word ‘pretzel’, the weirder it looks… isn’t it funny how some spellings/words are like that?!). I don’t really know anyone who eats them over here. Shops do sell them, but only the original salted ‘pretzel shaped’ ones which, in my opinion, have always been quite uninspiring as a snack. When I visited the USA I did try one of the fresh-baked, soft pretzels with cinnamon sugar though. Oh my gosh. Amazing. I’ll have to pick up a bag of the old salted snacks and try some of your recipes. Judging from the photos, I’ll entirely reform my opinion with just one bite! Thanks beautiful Sally x

• Sallyreplied on April 25th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Pretzel is definitely a funny word. But it’s not even funny how much I love cinnamon sugar soft pretzels! You mentioning them now sparked a craving…

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes)posted April 25, 2013 at 8:03 pm

How did I let national pretzel day slide by?! They have been such a huge part of my snacking life – I suppose I better go dig into my pretzel M&M stash. ;)

Amyposted April 25, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Oreo cheesecake pretzel bites? Sally, you are a GENIUS!! I think the Cheesecake Factory just might come knocking on your door for that recipe! (If they ever develop a bite-sized dessert menu…)

I baked soft pretzels in honor of Opening Day for MLB last month, but they weren’t quite as simple as your 30-minute recipe. Although my most “creative” pretzel recipe would have to be pretzel pancakes with a creamy dijon sauce and balsamic chocolate syrup! (It’s here, if you’re interested! :] http://foodsforthesoul.net/2012/02/02/road-trip-remnants/)

• Sallyreplied on April 26th, 2013 at 9:18 am

Pretzel pancakes! I love that! And if the cheesecake factory came knocking on my door, I think I’d faint. And then asked them how to make their Snickers Cheesecake!

• Amyreplied on April 26th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Thanks! I’m sure the smell of their Snickers Cheesecake would revive you from your faint. ;] I’ve actually never tried it; the only one I’ve sampled was the Oreo Cheesecake. And that was just this past New Year’s Eve! But I absolutely adore their brownie sundae — such dark, rich, amazing brownies!

christi sposted April 25, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Love your recipes! My husband finally asked “who is Sally?” Because I’ll say this is a new recipe from Sally (he thought we worked together)! Anyway have you ever tried your 7 layer Snickers bars with a pretzel crust instead of the Graham cracker crust? I think it might be tasty in honor of pretzel day…

Tieghanposted April 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Wow Sally! These all look so good! I had no idea you had so many pretzel recipes! Chocolate peanut butter and pretzels are a dream come true!!

Since you asked you have to check out these Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies I made!! They are so you kind of cookie!

Oh and I think you would LOVE this Honey Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken Salad I made to balance out the cookies! It has pretzel croutons!

• Sallyreplied on April 26th, 2013 at 8:56 am

I have to check out those easy no bake PB pretzel cookies, Tieghan! They sound incredible. And that salad, too! Thanks for sharing your favorites.

Heather @ French Presssposted April 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm

what a great collection…the peanut butter filled pretzels and honey wheats from TJ’s are always in the pantry

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queenposted April 25, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Fabulous round up!! I have always loved the look of your Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Brownies, I really need to make them!!! And I just posted a pretzel blondie recipe tonight and saw this! Didn’t even know it was pretzel day!! Funny stuff :)

Kristyposted April 26, 2013 at 12:38 am

I love pretzels!! You’ve got quite the collection of pretzel recipes, I want to try all of them:)

Laura Dembowskiposted April 27, 2013 at 8:47 am

It’s funny I haven’t been into pretzels since I was little but I have absolutely fallen in love with them. The caramel pretzel bars are my favorite: http://www.piesandplots.net/caramel-pretzel-bars

Jenn @ The Boiled Noodleposted April 27, 2013 at 8:58 am

There is nothing like the combination of salty and sweet!! What an awesome collection of them you have here! I don’t even know which one to try first!!!

Nutmeg Nannyposted April 28, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Oh goodness, this is an awesome recipe roundup :) no way I could choose just one to make!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoliposted April 29, 2013 at 2:51 am

Seriously, is there anything in this world better than the combination of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels?? I think NOT!!

Those chocolate covered pretzel cookies are absolutely genius! And here I thought chocolate covered pretzels were the peak of sweet and salty! ;)

• Sallyreplied on April 29th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Thanks so much Heather – I love salty/sweet! And thanks for saying hi.

Cassandraposted April 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I love this post! I just bought a huge bag of pretzels just so I could make something off of here. I can’t decide between the bite-size peanut butter pretzel M&M cookies and the brown butter pretzel M&M blondies. I may just have to make a batch of each :)

• Sallyreplied on April 29th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Mmm you chose two of my very favorites Cassandra! Let me know which ones you make first, I love hearing about it!

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakesposted April 30, 2013 at 10:38 am

LOVE THIS POST, SALLY! I have been on a serious sweet/salty kick for… OK, ever since elementary school, so pretzels are always best for dipping in chocolate, swirling in ice cream, etc. I love the pic of you dipping your pretzels!! :)

• Sallyreplied on April 30th, 2013 at 10:40 am

Pretzels + chocolate will always be a #1 snack for me! I love salty/sweet anything too, Meagan!

Meghan @ The Tasty Forkposted May 1, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I take a little break from the internet and I miss National Pretzel Day??!! DOH! I’ll just have to have my own Pretzel Day — thank you for the recipes! :)

Luv What You Doposted May 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I always seem to miss these fun days but love looking through your tasty treat lists. Pretzels are the BEST in everything!