We love these simple pretzel treats. We usually use pretzel squares as you can see in these photos, but regular mini pretzels work. They’re simple, quick, kids love helping, and anyone (of any age!) who has a sweet tooth will appreciate taste-testing. These peanut butter pretzel bites disappear fast, so don’t be alarmed if you’re making a 2nd batch right away!
The filling is similar to our peanut butter bars, but much creamier– which pairs perfectly with crunchy crisp pretzels.
For the chocolate, we usually use and recommend pure baking chocolate. Baking chocolate is sold in 4 ounce (113g) bars in the baking aisle. We usually use Ghirardelli or Bakers brand.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
- Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Stuffed with a creamy peanut butter filling and dipped in melted chocolate, these salty sweet chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites are completely irresistible. We’ve never regretted making a double batch!
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 60 small pretzels (square or regular twists)
- two 4 ounce semi-sweet chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside. Make sure you have enough room in your freezer for the baking sheet or use the refrigerator in step 3.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter and butter together with a spoon or use an electric mixer. Stir or beat in confectioners’ sugar and brown sugar until a thick dough forms. Roll peanut butter dough into 30 small balls. If it seems really sticky and thin, add 1/4 cup (30g) confectioners’ sugar.
- Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20-30 minutes or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, melt chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in 20 second increments in the microwave, stopping and stirring after each until smooth. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bite back on baking sheet. Refrigerate pretzel bites for at least 10-20 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Cover and store pretzel bites for up to 10 days in the refrigerator. Bites can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate: For the best results, use two 4 ounce baking chocolate bars found in the baking aisle. We prefer Bakers or Ghirardelli brands. You can use semi-sweet, bittersweet, white, or even milk chocolate. Candy melts, chocolate dipping wafers (such as Ghirardelli brand) or almond bark work too. Do not use chocolate chips, as they contain stabilizers preventing them from melting into the proper consistency for dipping/dunking.
Keywords: chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites