Skinny Funfetti Milkshake.

An easy and delightfully delicious milkshake that tastes like funfetti cake with a fraction of the calories.

Skinny Funfetti Milkshakes. Tastes like cake with a fraction of the calories!

Birthdays are week-long celebrations for me.  Heck, they should really be month-long, am I right?

Regardless, I’ve been hyping up my birthday all week on my blog but TODAY is the real deal. 😉  And I must post a funfetti recipe on my birthday, right?  I chose to put sprinkles in a milkshake last week.  A little afternoon treat pumped up with rainbow sprinkles and accesorized with colorful straws.

The milkshake is made from bananas.  Whipped bananas, to be exact. Have you ever whipped bananas before?  It’s simple.  Take a bunch of ripened bananas (super ripe), peel them, slice them, and freeze the slices.  Blend the frozen slices together and you have 1 ingredient dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and guilt-free ice cream.  Mix it with some vanilla extract and it really tastes like vanilla soft serve!

Whipped Banana Ice Cream - made only from frozen bananas! Healthy, easy, vegan, and guilt-free.

For my funfetti milkshake, I added 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of vanilla almond milk to the banana whip.  You may use regular yogurt and regular milk instead.  The yogurt makes the milkshake extra creamy and the almond milk thins it out so it’s drinkable through a straw.  Since I added yogurt, the milkshake is no longer vegan. Feel free to use soy yogurt instead.

I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the milkshake as well.

Oh! And let’s not forget about the sprinkles I added too.  Always sprinkles.

Skinny Funfetti Milkshakes. Only 4 guilt-free ingredients and take 5 minutes! Gluten-free and healthy.

This milkshake is miraculous. It doesn’t even taste healthy.

Let’s discuss today’s photoshoot props. ♥

The straws? Sweets & Treats Boutique.
The placemats? Pier 1.
The cup? Pier 1.
The cookies in the background?  My 20 minute Confetti Cake Batter Cookies. 😉

A creamy, thick vanilla milkshake that tastes like funfetti cake with a fraction of the calories.

The milkshake has a *very* slight banana taste.  If using vanilla greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, and the vanilla extract — you will mask most of the banana flavor.  Make sure the bananas you slice and freeze are extra ripe.  Practically all brown.  The more ripe your bananas are, the better and creamier your milkshakes will be.

I’ll be sippin’ these all summer long. Have your funfetti and drink it too. 😉

Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥

Skinny Funfetti Milkshake

Yield: Makes 2 cups or 1 large serving.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

• 2 ripe large bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or your choice of milk)
  • 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, any fat content)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • sprinkles*

Blend the frozen banana chunks and milk together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and blend for 1 minute. Pour into glass and stir in as many sprinkles as you'd like.

*Sprinkles will bleed their color.  Do not stir them too vigorously into the milkshake.

Don’t forget to cool down with a Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake this summer.

They are just as easy as today’s recipe. And even healthier!

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

You may also enjoy these recipes as well:

Funfetti Granola Bites

Funfetti Granola Bites

Skinny Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Skinny Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Skinny Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Pie

Skinny Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Pie

Happy Memorial Day!

148 Responses to “Skinny Funfetti Milkshake.”

Jocelyn @ BruCrew Lifeposted May 27, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Happy Birthday!!!! Banana milkshakes are a wonderful birthday dessert, especially with the sprinkles! Love!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:27 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Jocelyn!

Julie @ Table for Twoposted May 27, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Wishing you a very happy birthday and I could use more “skinny” milk shakes, I love this!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:27 am

Thank you very much Julie!

Ari @ Ari's Menuposted May 27, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Hold please. I need to do a happy dance for, like, an hour. Ice cream and milkshakes are MY THING, and I have had the banana soft serve on my list, but I never remember to freeze the bananas. I know I’ve told you lots of your recipes are my favorite, but I really think this one wins–so healthy, so simple, and I could have dessert FOR BREAKFAST! Day, made. Happy birthday again my brilliant recipe creating friend! :)

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:27 am

THanks so much Ari! You should make a meal out of some white chocolate covered pretzel cookies and these milkshakes 😉

laurasmessposted May 28, 2013 at 1:09 am

Happy birthday beautiful!! So glad that you get to celebrate wtih something so vibrant, colourful and guilt-free! I’ve still not made the banana soft serve; primarily because my blender broke yesterday whilst making a cheesecake! I need to get that Ninja! I hope that this year will be one of your best yet. Thanks for sharing this lovely concoction with us! xx

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:26 am

You need that ninja! I found it on amazon for only $40!

• laurasmessreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Followed the link! Buying it now…. thanks so much lovely! Haha, it’s like you’re giving presents on your birthday 😉 xx

• Sallyreplied on May 29th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Glad you got it!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted May 28, 2013 at 1:37 am

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! I just so happen to have two frozen bananas waiting for me to make this milkshake with!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:24 am

How perfect! Let me know how you like it Stephanie!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted May 28, 2013 at 3:59 am

I love that you posted a funfetti recipe! You are the ultimate funfetti queen! :)

P.S. Hope you had a great birthday celebration!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 8:22 am

I did! Thanks Chung-Ah!

ashley - baker by natureposted May 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

Happy belated birthday, friend!

I hope you had a great time in Philly (I can’t believe we’re from the same hometown!) and celebrated properly 😉

This shake looks great!!!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

It’s too funny about our hometowns, Ashley! And thank you for the birthday wishes.

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted May 28, 2013 at 11:04 am

Funfetti AND healthy? Heck yea there’s nothing to lose

Jessica@AKitchenAddictionposted May 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Happy belated birthday!! Funfetti is always a great way to celebrate a birthday!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Thanks Jessica!

PapaLos - The Man, The Chef, The Dadposted May 28, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Happy belated Birthday!! I too celebrate birthdays for weeks at a time, but everyone thinks I’m crazy! I would hope that the day was awesome, but if you were drinking this shake then it obviously was.

The shake… It looks the opposite of healthy but wow does it sound good! I have to try that banana trick, it seems to be all the rage now.

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes! And yes – week long celebrations are a must right?!

Rachaelposted May 28, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I have always enjoyed blending frozen bananas with cocoa powder and peanut butter (as I am sure you would too based on your recipe collection!). This is really a yummy combo and satisfies my frequent craving for frozen treats! Thanks for constantly providing great recipes but also entertaining posts that really demonstrate the fun you have doing all of this!

• Sallyreplied on May 29th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Hi Rachael! Thanks so much for the kind comment. And yes – I love frozen bananas with cocoa and a spoonful of peanut butter. It is the best! And 100% guilt-free :)

Annie @ Annie's Nomsposted May 29, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I hope you had a lovely birthday!! I’ve just put my almost dead bananas into the freezer so I can make this tomorrow! Never knew frozen banana would make it so creamy 😀

• Sallyreplied on May 29th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Dead bananas – I love it! That’s what my bananas look like before they are frozen too. The more brown, the better for these milkshakes. Thanks Annie!

Megan {Country Cleaver}posted May 29, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I could totally get behind this colorful guilt free beauty!!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted May 29, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Second you’ve blown my mind – skinny funfetti milkshakes would have been enough but then you tell me whipped frozen bananas can taste like soft-serve. 😀 woah.

• Sallyreplied on May 29th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

thank you thank you thank you for the birthday wishes Jess!

Amyposted May 29, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Sally, you always have such cute treats!! I wish all of my desserts were as pretty as yours. Maybe I should start stocking up on sprinkles…

Nutmeg Nannyposted May 30, 2013 at 11:33 am

I love this recipe :) It looks and sounds incredible!

Janisposted June 5, 2013 at 10:58 am

I’ve decided theses milkshakes will be a perfect idea at my daughters sweet ’16’ birthday party! Of course I will have to make one for myself to try them out first :) :)

• Sallyreplied on June 5th, 2013 at 11:24 am

Perfect! I hope everyone enjoys.

Consuelo @ Figs & Honeyposted June 5, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Happy Birthday!! wow this looks so good. I think I already know what I’ll be having for breakfast tomorrow shh

• Sallyreplied on June 5th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes! And let me know how you like it. :)

Anndyposted June 5, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Sally!! This milkshake is sooo good I have made it twice in the past three days!!! For me, it tastes like ice cream. And it is so refreshing and easy to make!!! Actually, I’m waiting for my bananas to freeze. Loved this recipe!!

• Sallyreplied on June 6th, 2013 at 7:04 am

It tastes like ice cream for me, too. Thanks Anndy! SO glad you love it.

Tannaposted June 11, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I’m a little late, but Happy Birthday! I just finished slurping down my last few drops of this amazing milkshake! It was so good! My little boys were so excited that I was making “ice cream”! Love it!

• Sallyreplied on June 11th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I’m glad, Tanna! And thanks for the birthday wishes, too! I love this banana whip :)

Lisaposted July 10, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Sally. Thanks again for the recipe. I used the milk and bananas and added peanut butter as an old twist to a Trinidadian recipe. It was delicious. Thanks for the sharing.

• Sallyreplied on July 10th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Love your addition of peanut butter. YUM!

• Lisareplied on July 10th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Thanks. I was born in Trinidad. The drink is called Peanut Punch, an acquired taste for most americans. Usually peanut butter (or raw peanuts), vanilla extract, milk (sometimes with condensed milk), bitters and nutmeg or any variation of the above. Your banana and almond milk base made for a healthy yet tasty version and has helped curb my cravings for ice cream for the past week.

Corieposted January 11, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I love your recipes for breakfasts! I’m a teacher so there are times I am so busy, breakfast is the only meal I will eat sadly till 4-6pm! I leave for work when its still dark outside so am trying to avoid waking up my husband since I leave earlier than he does. Have you ever tried making these shakes the night before and keeping them in the freezer or fridge overnight? Worried they will become runny and lose their amazing shake texture!

• Sallyreplied on January 12th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Hey Corie! I’ve made these before and kept it in the fridge overnight. Much better than leaving gin the freezer overnight. It’s slightly liquidy and not as creamy, but still quite good!

Julesposted May 26, 2014 at 7:03 pm

It was a bust for me, I’m afraid – bitter and overpoweringly banana (and I despise bananas). Sorry! :(

Danaposted June 25, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Hi Sally- would this work with regular, unfrozen bananas? Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on June 26th, 2014 at 11:07 am

No – the frozen bananas are what give it a thick, creamy, ice-cream-like texture.

Jack Mirusposted February 10, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Hey, Sally.

I was going to make this for my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day.

I accidentally bought regular Greek yogurt instead of vanilla Greek yogurt, is this going to affect the taste at all and can I make up for it by using more vanilla extract?

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2015 at 7:28 pm

regular is just fine– I would add an extra 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract

• Jack Mirusreplied on February 10th, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Wow, that was fast! Haha.

Thanks, I’ll do that!