Cold and refreshing, this 4-ingredient honey sweetened strawberry lemonade is made with real strawberries and fresh lemons. It comes together quickly and hits the spot on a warm summer day.
Tell Me About this Honey Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade
- Flavor: Tart, a little fruity, and a little sweet. This is a thirst quencher and tastes especially refreshing served over lots of ice.
- Ease: This is a wildly easy drink recipe. All this drink requires is juicy strawberries, lemons, honey, water, and a blender.
- Time: This homemade strawberry lemonade takes about 15 minutes total. That time includes rinsing and cutting the strawberries.
Recipe Testing Honey Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade: What Works & What Doesn’t
- Sweetness. What you’ll appreciate most about this drink recipe is that it’s not overly sweetened like the store-bought sugary lemonade drinks we’re used to. You can really taste the pure flavor of lemon and sweet strawberries. Plus, you have complete control over the added sweetness. If your strawberries are extra sweet, scale back on the honey. If you want your drink a little sweeter, add more.
- Take it up a notch. Feel free to turn this strawberry lemonade into a cocktail. A splash of rum or citrus-flavored vodka makes a perfect pairing.
- Switching into high gear. Make sure you have a powerful blender that will blend up the strawberries. We love this blender because not only is it strong, it works as a food processor or chopper too.
Tip: This strawberry lemonade is frothy right out of the blender so if you’d like the froth/foam to settle down before drinking, place the lemonade in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours before serving. In fact, it tastes even better on day 2 after the flavors have a chance to settle—just like this apple cider sangria.
More Lemon Recipes
- Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- Lemon Berry Yogurt Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Icebox Cake
- Lemon Pudding Cakes
- Homemade Lemon Curd
This refreshing 4-ingredient honey sweetened strawberry lemonade is made with real strawberries and fresh lemon juice.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds strawberries, rinsed and halved
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup Meyer or regular lemon juice (about 3–4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup honey (or more to taste)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the strawberries.
- Add the strawberries,* 2 cups of water, the lemon juice, and honey to the blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the remaining water. Taste. Stir in more honey if you’d like it sweeter.
- Lemonade is frothy right out of the blender so if you’d like the froth/foam to settle down before drinking, place the lemonade in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve over ice.
- Special Tools (affiliate links): Blender
- Strawberries: We don’t strain the strawberries in this recipe. However if you’d like to strain them, blend them with only 1 cup of water, then strain the mixture into a pitcher. Then stir in the remaining water, the lemon juice, and the honey.
Keywords: honey sweetened lemonade, strawberry lemonade