Sometimes you just have a giant peanut butter craving.
Mixed with a giant M&M craving, a giant chocolate craving, and a giant cookie craving.
So… why fight it?
Before I left for St. Lucia last weekend (what a wonderful trip!!), I surprised Kevin with an extra large cookie when he got home from work. No reason really – I just personally needed a large cookie and I knew he’d want to share. Although sharing something like this is rather difficult. Perhaps I should be called fiancé-of-the-year.
The thing is, I love making giant cookies! And if you have been reading SBA for awhile, you may already know about my affinity for making (and eating) them. The giant cookies are perfect for sharing OR gobbling up all by yourself if you’re extra hungry.
You can make them in less than 25 minutes too! They are each completely oversized and ridiculous in the best way possible:
My giant cookie collection was just begging for a monster cookie. Not sure what a monster cookie is? It’s an oatmeal cookie with peanut butter, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. The monster cookies I prefer, however, are more like peanut butter cookies with oats, not oatmeal cookies with peanut butter.
Still with me?
The cookie isn’t as large as a pizza pie. It’s about 4 regular size cookies combined into one. It’s thick, chewy, and completely irresistible. But that goes without saying, right? Just like my full batch of soft-baked monster cookies, today’s XXL monster cookie will stay soft for days. Well, that’s only if it lasts that long. And trust me, it won’t.
This recipe is like any cookie recipe, just downsized. A few tablespoons of this, a few tablespoons of that. All of your usual monster cookie suspects: flour, oats, butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, chocolate chips, and egg. Oh and lots of M&Ms. A note for the egg: all you have to do is crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tablespoons of the beaten egg.
The ingredients are mixed by hand – no electric mixer needed! That’s my kind of last minute dessert.
makes 1 large cookie
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (crack an egg, beat it, and use 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (if using natural peanut butter, use a thick no-stir variety)
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
- 2 Tablespoons milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugars until creamed. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Stir in peanut butter then add flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Fold in M&Ms until combined. With a large spoon, scoop into a ball onto prepared baking sheet. The dough will be sticky. Make sure the cookie dough ball is tall and round. Press the chocolate chips into the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. The center may appear undone, but it will set as the cookie cools. Let cool ON the baking sheet for 10-20 minutes.
*You may make four smaller cookies using this recipe. Just divide the dough into 4 smaller mounds on the cookie sheet rather than 1 large mound. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
*Want to make a whole batch of monster cookies? Here is my recipe for Soft-Baked Monster Cookies.
RECIPE SOURCE: sallysbakingaddiction.com
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Are you a fan of monster cookies? My recipe for soft-baked monster cookies is one of the most popular recipes on my website. Countless readers have made them and crown them the best cookies in the world. Trust me, you have to try them!
Other winning cookie recipes that you all love:
Soft-Baked Peanut Butter Lovers’ Cookies - the name says it all
Pardon my internet absence for the past week. I vacationed in St. Lucia for my friend’s wedding! Want to see more from the trip? Be sure to follow me on Instagram.
It was hard to leave, but it’s good to be back!