Peaches ‘n Cream Bars.

Take advantage of summer’s fresh peaches with these easy bars.  A four layered bar with a brown sugar/oat crust, topped with a creamy peach filling, pecan streusel, and finished off with luscious vanilla glaze.

Peaches 'n Cream Bars - enjoy fresh summer peaches in these creamy, juicy bars.  Brown sugar crust topped with peach filling, brown sugar streusel and vanilla glaze. Easy to make!

Let’s get peachy!

Peaches are one of my favorite summer fruits.  Actually, I don’t think I can play favorites. There are so many glorious gems to chose from this time of year… mango, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pineapples – I love them all!  I’m a total fruit-aholic and my latest recipes definitely reflect that.

Juicy peaches are in their prime right about now and I have been eating them like crazy.

These fruity/creamy bars are nothing short of amazing.  Four layers are involved: buttery, brown sugar oat crust, creamy & juicy peach filling, pecan/cinnamon crumble, and an easy vanilla glaze to finish it all off.  The peach filling leaves each bite ultra moist and the crumble on top maintains a slight crunch.  These bars are a texture lover’s dream!

The peachy filling is made from peaches, egg, flour, and sugar.  The egg and flour create a thick creamy sauce to envelope the diced peaches inside.  I adore the peach filling, but the crust and crumble are to die for!  They are both made from the same dough, which makes things nice and easy. I try to dirty as little bowls as possible when I can. 😉

The crust/crumble is made from 5 easy ingredients. Probably things you have in your kitchen right now! Oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.  You’re going to cut the cold butter into the other ingredients. I recommend using a pastry cutter. It makes things so much easier.  I bought mine for less than $10. It is worth its weight in gold! Especially if you have plans to make my Salted Caramel Apple Pie.

Cut the cold butter in until it is crumbly. Pea-sized, coarse crumbs is what you’re aiming for.  Reserve 3/4 cup of the oat mixture for the topping, to which you’ll add pecans.  Don’t worry, they’re optional if you’re not crazy about pecans like I am.  The rest of the oat mixture will be pressed into your pan for the crust.

This is what the coarse crumbs of the oat mixture will look like:

Brown Sugar/Oat Crumble for Peaches 'n Cream Bars

Prebake the crust slightly, then pour the creamy peach filling over the crust.  What you will LOVE most about these bars is that the juicy filling seeps into the crust as it bakes, making the bars unbelievably moist.  The tender, brown sugary crust will melt in your mouth.

The bars only take about 30 minutes in the oven.  Your kitchen will smell like a cross between cinnamon rolls and peach pie.  Two of my favorite things in one!  Allow the bars to cool before cutting and drizzling with the vanilla glaze.  The glaze is made from 3 simple ingredients: heavy cream (or milk), powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.

Drizzle the glaze on top and prepare to be amazed. 😉

I think I found my new favorite dessert. Definitely one of the best ways to enjoy all of these fresh summer peaches! What’s your favorite way to enjoy peaches?

Peaches 'n Cream Bars

Take advantage of summer's fresh peaches with these easy bars. A four layered bar with a brown sugar/oat crust, topped with a creamy peach filling, pecan streusel, and finished off with luscious vanilla glaze.

Yield: 12 large bars

Crust & Topping

• 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
  • 1/2 cup (42g) old fashioned rolled oats (or quick oats)
  • 1/3 cup (67g) packed dark brown sugar (or light)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 10 Tablespoons (150g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
  • 1/2 cup (70g) chopped pecans, optional

Peach Filling

• 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon (8g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped (about 1.5 cups)

Vanilla Glaze

• 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners' sugar
  • 2 teaspoons (10ml) heavy cream (or milk)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides for easy removal. Spray foil with nonstick spray.

Make the crust/topping: In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined. Cut in the cold butter using a pastry blender or two forks until it reaches coarse, pea-sized crumbs. See photo above. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture, put in a small bowl and mix with pecans. This will be set aside for the topping.

Evenly press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes as you prepare the filling.

Make the filling: Whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and salt. Whisk until combined. Fold in the peaches. Remove crust from the oven after 15 minutes and pour the filling over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat/pecan mixture. Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.

Make the vanilla glaze: Using a fork or spoon, whisk/stir the confectioners' sugar, cream, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Drizzle over each square.  Store bars tightly covered in the refrigerator.  Bars stay fresh for up to 4 days.

*Recipe may easily be doubled to fit in a 9x13 pan, baking time will increase to 35 minutes.

I am taking full advantage of summer’s finest fruits!

Apple Blueberry Pie Bars

Apple Blueberry Pie Bars

Skinny Tropical Muffins

Skinny Tropical Muffins

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

These fluffy, fruity Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes are made completely from scratch. And yet are so simple!-4

White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread

White Chocolate Mango Banana Bread

Healthy Strawberry Oat Squares

Healthy Strawberry Oat Bars - you won't even realize they're good for you! Recipe at

Key Lime Pie Squares

Incredibly easy and amazing Key Lime Pie Bars. These zesty bars will disappear. I recommend doubling the recipe!

Hope you enjoy!

145 Responses to “Peaches ‘n Cream Bars.”

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchenposted July 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm

These look so good Sally! We have 3 peach trees in our backyard. I’m definitely saving this recipe for when we have ripe peaches in August! I can’t wait to try it!

• Sallyreplied on July 22nd, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hope you enjoy, Michelle!

Laurie {Simply Scratch}posted July 22, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Ohhhh Sally! These sound amazing!

Keely@theveryhungrytravellerposted July 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm

These look so delicious!

What Katie's Bakingposted July 23, 2013 at 8:42 pm

you have the best recipes in the whole world. i can’t wait for your cookbook. these look so delicious!

• Sallyreplied on July 23rd, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Thanks so much, Katie! You are so sweet.

Laura Dembowskiposted July 23, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I love all summer fruits too but peaches are my fave! These bars have my mouth watering with the buttery oats, juicy peaches, and that sweet glaze! I hope you are doing well – I haven’t heard much from you lately.

• Sallyreplied on July 24th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Thanks Laura! I’m good, my cookbook manuscript is keeping me from doing anything else these past few months!

Maggie @ Sunnyside Up Smileposted July 24, 2013 at 1:28 am

Is it just me or are there angels singing right now? These look absolutely divine Sally. The peaches have been so juicy and sweet this time of year. Can’t wait to try these!

• Sallyreplied on July 24th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Haha! Yes, angels are singing. :) Thanks Maggie you are so sweet.

Sarah @ The Woks of Lifeposted July 24, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I just bought a bunch of peaches today, and will definitely be making these. They look beyond gorgeous.

• Sallyreplied on July 25th, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Thanks so much, Sarah! I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how they turn out for ya!

Nutmeg nannyposted July 24, 2013 at 10:29 pm

oh my goodness, these are mouthwatering :) so perfect for summer!

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugarposted July 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I am so in love with peaches right now! These bars sound amazing!

Mackenzieposted July 29, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I made these yesterday after a trip to the farmer’s market for some fresh summer peaches and they were delicious!! Huge hit in the office this morning too and since they’re made with fruit I totally convinced everyone they were healthy enough for breakfast :) thanks for the recipe!

• Sallyreplied on July 29th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

They are definitely breakfast food. :) Thanks Mackenzie! So glad you made them.

kellyposted July 29, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Sally, I just wanted to let you know that I tried them today and they were just as good as they looked… They were AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for yet another amazingly delicious recipe! 😀

• Sallyreplied on July 30th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

That’s great, Kelly! I love love love these juicy, creamy bars. And I’m so happy you do too. Thank you for reporting back!

kellyposted July 30, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Your welcome! You come up with such great recipes! I made these again today (I have 8 kids so they are gone fast!!!) They are our new favorite!

• Sallyreplied on July 30th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

8 kiddos! Wow, you are mother of the year Kelly. Glad you all love these!

Rosieposted August 2, 2013 at 5:50 pm

These look delish! If doubling it and using a 9×13 pan, should I still pre-bake the crust just for the 15 minutes and then bake the filling in for the 35? Planning on making these for a party next week!

Thank you!

• Sallyreplied on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Hi Rosie! Yes, still prebake the crust for 15 minutes. I believe the bars would only take 35 minutes – maybe 40, Just keep your eye on them and remove them when they begin to brown. Enjoy!

• Rosiereplied on August 9th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Thanks for the tip! I just pulled them out of the fridge after cooling them…OMG, Sally. I don’t know how I’m not going to eat all of these before tonight! I tasted a small piece and am completely ignoring my lunch, just staring at these babies.

• Sallyreplied on August 9th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Haha! Well, I hope they can last until tonight! I know what you mean though – it is hard not to eat the whole pan!

Mackenzieposted August 3, 2013 at 9:32 am

I made these for a birthday celebration at work last week and everyone LOVED them. They were almost gone before I even got to try one!

Graceposted August 8, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hi Sally! I am a teacher and I have spent my summer break baking as many things from your blog as possible! In the past few months I have made your: peaches and cream bars, death by chocolate peanut butter chips cookies, peanut butter cup oatmeal cookies, banana bread, blueberry apple pie bars, dark chocolate and raspberry muffins and your sky high blueberry muffins! I also made (and commented on) your red velvet swirl brownies. I’m sure I’ve made more but forgotten. What I’m trying to say is that I’m obsessed with your blog- it must have something to do with the Philly connection :) Your recipes are the best. Hope you’re having a great vacation!

• Sallyreplied on August 8th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Grace! A fellow Philly girl – that is amazing! I am so flattered that you love my website so much and have spent your summer baking my recipes! You chose a few of my favorites to make like those peaches n cream bars, pb oatmeal cookies – and I just LOVE banana bread! Thank you so much for reporting back to me. I love hearing about all this!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted August 12, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Nooo. I weep for peach season’s passing! I can’t make stuff like this now. I suppose I could use apples but they’re just not the same, are they?

The drizzle really pushes these over the top! Love it.

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Thanks Erin! And you could totally try apples. :) Or even pears! Or a combo. Yum!

Emilyposted August 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Made these today and LOVED them! They turned out perfectly <3. I substituted 6 oz of cinnamon applesauce for the egg, and used brown sugar in the filling instead of white sugar (I adore the rich taste of brown sugar). They were super easy to make and seriously yummy.

• Sallyreplied on August 12th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Emily, your version sounds incredible! I just love these bars so much. Good to know about the applesauce! Thanks so much for reporting back. :)

Traceyposted May 29, 2014 at 9:33 pm

do you think I could use frozen or canned peaches instead of fresh?? Not quite in season here. Thanks

• Sallyreplied on May 30th, 2014 at 11:22 am

frozen should be fine – make sure you thaw and drain and excess liquid.

Meaganposted June 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I know this comment is long overdue, but I just wanted to let you know that I made these, and wow. Just wow. These were a huge hit with all my friends. Thanks so much for all the awesome recipes!

Maryposted June 30, 2014 at 9:15 am

can I use apples?

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Lori Williamsonposted July 6, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Yummmmm! Im eating peach delight right now its amazing and pretty easy to whip up. Thanks for another great treat! Keep it up, I love to experiment with your recipes!

Danaposted July 8, 2014 at 11:04 am

I’m making these today and I know they’ll be great! You have the best recipes. My friends and family think that I am a wonderful baker and I owe it all to you! Thank you so much for sharing all these amazing recipes with us!

• Sallyreplied on July 9th, 2014 at 7:28 am

Thanks Dana. Enjoy!

Brookposted July 24, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Hey Sally!!
    I’ve posted on your recipes before and just wanted to tell you how my boss has now become a huge fan of your site after I introduced her to it and all your delicious, easy to follow recipes. We actually use this recipe for a business we cater for and we serve this warm with ice cream for their guests :) of course we multiply the recipe by 5, but we absolutely love this recipe and so do our customers/guests. Thanks again for this amazing site, your cookbook, and sharing your gift and love of food with us all! Keep it up!!

• Sallyreplied on July 24th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Thanks Brook! I’m glad everyone loves my recipes. These peach bars are so so good! I hope you tell your guests where the recipe comes from.

Tatianaposted August 1, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Sally, this looks amazing (as always). Ever since I discovered your blog, I have made numerous recipes and every single one has been a hit. That coming from someone who is (was) not too much into sweets. I just have one problem, my hubby and son have a very high level of cholesterol and I had been avoiding baking with butter (I, on the other hand, am a huge butter fan). Is there anything I could use instead of butter that is more cholesterol friendly or could I maybe use a little less?

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Hey Tatiana! Perhaps some cold coconut oil? I’m really not sure. This isn’t really the best recipe for subbing butter.

Tara Eilersposted August 4, 2014 at 6:35 pm

These are AMAZING! Made them this afternoon, so they would be ready for supper. Thank you for having a baking addiction;-)

Portiaposted August 10, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I just put yet another batch of these bars in the oven and thought I’d thank you for posting the recipe. I’ve made several of your desserts and liked them all, but these peach bars are a serious contender for my favorite treat of all time. This has become one of my go-to recipes for feeding summer guests, and the bars always get an enthusiastic reception (I’ve been asked for the link to the recipe more than once). You are a baking genius.

• Sallyreplied on August 10th, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Thanks Portia! I’m so glad you love these bars as much as do. Thanks for sharing the recipe with others too! I appreciate you taking the time to report back.

Ashleyposted August 12, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Made these over the weekend – OMG!!!!! Sooooooooo good! Substituted Cup4Cup GF flour and used the new GF chex quick cooking oats; came out great!!! Can’t wait to try other fruit combos!!

Tara'sposted August 15, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I love your site and these sound amazing! Have you ever frozen the entire pan for a later time? (Say, heading to the cabin this weekend :))

• Sallyreplied on August 16th, 2014 at 7:32 am

Yes! Just thaw overnight in the fridge. Have fun at the cabin!

Sherriposted August 15, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Can’t wait to try them! and I just bought 25 pounds of peaches! This post is just in time. I’ll be busy baking next week!

Aliposted September 10, 2014 at 2:56 pm

What is the “cream” part in the filling? Is there supposed to be sour cream in the recipe? Thanks.

• Sallyreplied on September 10th, 2014 at 6:02 pm

The egg and flour create a cream-like consistency with the juicy peaches.

• Alireplied on September 11th, 2014 at 10:50 am

Thanks, Sally. I made these and they are delicious! Used half white whole wheat flour and half regular flour. Also used only 1/3 C sugar in the filling. Would it make a creamer filling if I used the 1/2 C sugar called for in the recipe? Also, thinking about trying another batch using brown sugar instead of white. Would that make a difference in the creaminess?

Yvonneposted November 7, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Hi Sally!

Thank you for sharing this post. I’ve made it 3 times over the summer and it’s been such a great hit with my friends and family! I’ve substituted the pecans with macadamias which add to the already creamy texture and also used melted white chocolate instead of a vanilla glaze (’cause I’m lazy like that 😉 ).

Just a question – is it alright if I substitute the peaches with mangoes? Peaches are getting crazy expensive in Australia right now!

Yvonne xoxo

• Sallyreplied on November 8th, 2014 at 6:53 am

Hi Yvonne– yes, mangoes would be delicious! thanks so much for reporting back. I love these bars as well.

Cassieposted March 26, 2015 at 2:57 am

These turned out just incredible! My husband and I had plans to share, but after one bite we greedily agreed that we would keep the whole batch. I absolutely will be making these scrumptious bars again. Thank you for another amazing recipe, I adore your blog and make as many of your recipes as my waistline will allow 😉

Billposted August 7, 2015 at 12:58 am

I’m adding my vote to this amazing recipe. Of course we’re swimming in peaches and this was the most delicious way I’ve ever used them. I handed most of it off to neighbors tonight as I didn’t feel safe having this in the house. This will be part of a regular rotation now. Thank you very much.

Alisonposted August 12, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Just wanted to note that I made these with a cup-for-cup gluten free flour– Pamela’s– and they turned out very well. Great idea to mix in other fruits when peaches are out of season. I do tend to freeze a bag or two for that dead-of-winter craving that always seems to happen when there is NO access to ripe peaches in this hemisphere. Thanks for the great recipe!

Sarah S.posted August 16, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I just made these, and they look amazing! Haven’t tried them yet. I didn’t peel the peaches (didn’t feel like it) and I added 2 T. rum to the peach mixture! YUM!

Meaganposted August 17, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Sally- do you think I could swaP the cold butter for coconut oil or a dairy free butter such as Earth Balance? I have a dairy allergy

• Sallyreplied on August 18th, 2015 at 7:47 am

Cold butter is ideal for streusel and crumb toppings, but cold coconut oil works. I’ve never tried it with Earth Balance. Let me know if you do.

Courtneyposted September 10, 2015 at 11:26 am

Hi Sally, Do you think I could sub in white peaches instead? I have 2 ripening on my counter. My step-daughter has been asking me to make more bars ever since I made your raspberry streusel bars.

• Sallyreplied on September 10th, 2015 at 11:35 am

Yes, definitely!

• Courtneyreplied on September 10th, 2015 at 11:37 am

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, these will be made this weekend!

Eliasaposted September 14, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I made these tonight.  They are supposed to still be cooling in the fridge but I couldn’t wait.  I made the glaze (which needed more than 2 teaspoons of the heavy cream) and spread it on the not yet completely chilled bars then I cut a piece and ate it with a spoon.  They should be called “Good luck waiting for them to cool Peaches and Cream Bars”. Delicious.  I’m moving the recipe straight into my “favorite recipes” board on Pinterest.

• Sallyreplied on September 15th, 2015 at 7:11 am