Cake Batter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.

The best kind of sandwich! Made with vanilla ice cream and homemade cake batter chocolate chip cookies!

Surely you’re familiar with my Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies, right?

They’re famous. They’ve been featured in magazines! These cookies are loved by countless friends, family, and readers. It took me almost 1 year to develop the recipe. And make them absolutely perfect. They’re a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and funfetti cake batter.

The best of both worlds!

These soft and chewy cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and cake batter flavor!

They’re buttery, soft, chewy, and loaded with goodies: sprinkles, white chocolate, and chocolate chips.

Today I loaded them with something a little different.

Melty vanilla ice cream.

I have a feeling chocolate ice cream would be just as fabulous. Or, if you’re feeling frisky, perhaps some mint chocolate chip ice cream, peanut butter ice cream, or even cake batter ice cream! FYI – Ben & Jerry’s Cake Batter Ice Cream is out of this world! Today, I stuck with vanilla. It’s just what I had in the freezer.

You all know how much I love summer. While I’m already welcoming pumpkin with open arms, I just can’t say goodbye to the sunny weather and flip flops just yet. Although, let’s be honest. The cold weather never stops me from wearing flip flops or eating ice cream.

If you like ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, and cake batter – you’re my best friend AND this recipe is for you. The cookies are, without a doubt, amazing on their own but sandwiching ice cream between two of these chewy, sprinkle-loaded gems is heaven. Cake batter heaven.

I love any excuse to eat two cookies instead of one. Don’t you?

Cookies ‘n (ice) cream.

Cake Batter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

Yield: about 15 sandwiches

1. Make the cookies according to my directions. Allow to cool completely.
  2. Set the ice cream out for about 10 minutes to slightly soften. Take a large scoop and sandwich it between two cookies. Feel free to roll the sides in sprinkles or chocolate chips. Freeze the sandwiches until ready to eat.
  3. For longer storage, tightly wrap ice cream sandwiches individually in saran wrap for up to 2 months.

Try my Skinny Funfetti Milkshake next!

Skinny Funfetti Milkshakes

Right this way for more frozen treat recipes.

Cake Batter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches will be your new favorite summer treat!

108 Responses to “Cake Batter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.”

Jennie @themessybakerblogposted August 22, 2013 at 11:33 am

Sally, I love your new digs! Your site looks beautiful. Of course I love these cookie sammies. Ice cream piled high between two cookies–I’m so in.

• Sallyreplied on August 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Thanks SO much Jennie!

Mandieposted August 22, 2013 at 11:36 am

Sally, Oh My Word! Your site is SO beautiful! And the sprinkle theme is incredibly appropriate 😉

I wonder why I couldn’t get to your site for about half and hour. Wonderfully done!

I love it! It suits the site so well!

• Sallyreplied on August 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Thanks so much Mandie! I am very pleased with the new website design. Love the sprinkles as well, of course!

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted August 23, 2013 at 1:18 am

I’ve never met an ice cream sandwich that I didn’t love, and this is no exception!

And I totally need to hang onto summer. I’m just not ready for those pumpkin recipes yet!

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted August 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

I’m not welcoming pumpkin! It’s August. Pumpkin is for October. People gotta stop with the insanity. 😉 (Fall is my favorite season and baking season but come ooon!)

Anyway, love the look of these. I don’t think I’ve ever had cake batter anything. I bet you’re in disbelief. I’ll have to see which of your cake batter recipes I need to start off with!

• Sallyreplied on August 23rd, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Start off with THESE cookies! The holy grail of all that is cake batter. :) You’d love them my friend!

Sarahposted August 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Great work. These would be great for the kids birthday parties in the summer. Thanks for the great recipes!

• Sallyreplied on August 26th, 2013 at 8:00 am

They sure would be! Thanks Sarah.

Nutmeg Nannyposted August 26, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Oh my, it’s the best of the dessert world rolled into one lovely sandwich :) loving this

Kat von Hausposted August 30, 2013 at 8:34 am

OMG! I have been planning to make these before you even posted this. I read Woman’s World every week-my favorite mag. When I saw your cake batter cookies, I had to make them. Immediately I thought: These would make great ice cream sandwiches. Anyway, to cut to the chase, after reading this post, I am most definitely going to make them today for my dear hubby. Thanks, Sally, for such a wonderful blog!

• Sallyreplied on August 30th, 2013 at 9:47 am

I hope you BOTH enjoy them! And amazing that you thought of these ice cream sandwiches first. :) Thank you for ALL the kind comments this morning.

Kat von Hausposted August 30, 2013 at 9:00 am

I almost forgot to add-these cake batter cookies are the greatest! I have been using different combos of chips-butterscotch works great, too. I can’t wait to make the Potato Chip Toffee Cookies in the latest issue of WW!

• Sallyreplied on August 30th, 2013 at 9:46 am

Butterscotch chips – that sounds amazing in these cookies! Thank you for the suggestion. And you have to try those toffee/potato chip cookies next. SO tasty.

It's Emma Eliseposted May 29, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Oh my goodness. I think my stomach just started growling…quite literally.

Monicaposted June 6, 2014 at 10:59 am

New to your website and i LOVE it!! Question: do you normally wrap up each ice cream sandwich individually with saran wrap? I want to make them and bring them to a party and trying to figure out the best way.

• Sallyreplied on June 6th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Yes, wrapping tightly in saran wrap is a great way to store and travel with them – definitely keep on ice when traveling with them.

Stefanieposted July 30, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Hi, Sally! Long-time follower and baker of your recipes here…made a batch of the cookies for an outdoor movie night and then put some aside to make these sandwiches. Used Turkey Hill “Real” Vanilla ice cream with them…they are fantastic!!! I love that I have these little treats in my freezer and that I made them and they didn’t come out of a box. I love how the cookies get softer (even the ones that I think I baked a little too long) being in the freezer.

• Sallyreplied on July 30th, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Stefanie! I love these cookie ice cream sandwiches. So good in the summertime. And I love how they get softer too!