36 Valentine’s Day Recipes.

Sally's Baking Addiction Valentine's Day Recipe Ideas

I don’t publish very many recipe round-ups on my blog, but I couldn’t resist today. I’m a sucker for this upcoming sappy Hallmark holiday. Not because it’s sickeningly lovey-dovey, but because its celebratory color is pink.

Though I claim my favorite color is orange, everyone in my life will disagree. Heck, even the girls’ bridesmaid dresses are pink. More like coral. Two-toned orange/pink lace. Lilly Pulitzer “Rosaline” Dress, spring 2013 line. My sister has a part-time job at a Lilly shop, so we got a great discount. Here’s a close-up of the lace.

Lilly Pulitzer Rosaline Dress

Valentine’s Day is an excuse to eat truffles, decorate desserts with heart sprinkles, and drink raspberry champagne floats. But do you really need a holiday to do all that?

Kevin and I celebrate Vday each year by going out for Mexican food or making our own at home. Always complete with margaritas on the rocks with salt and guacamole. Totally romantic, I know.

Alright, enough blabber. Here we go. All the photos are numbered and their links with corresponding numbers are right below each photo collage. Let me know which recipes you try!

Heart Ribbon

36 Valentine's Day Recipe Ideas from sallysbakingaddiction.com

1. Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies.
2. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies.
3. Baked Strawberry Frosted Donuts.
4. Skinny 110 Calorie Chocolate Cherry Muffins.
5. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins.
6. Chocolate Chip Cherry Sweet Rolls.
7. Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Blondie Hearts.
8. Triple Chocolate Layer Cake.
9. Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes.

36 Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes by sallysbakingaddiction.com

10. Raspberry Almond Thumbprints.
11. Red Velvet Oreo Brownies.
12. Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies.
13. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread.
14. 1 Giant Oatmeal Creme Pieperfect for sharing!
15. Healthy Chocolate Energy Bites / Truffles.
16. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes.
17. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars.
18. Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies.

36 Recipes for Valentine's Day by sallysbakingaddiction.com

19. Homemade Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treatshey, they deserve some love too!
20. Iced Raspberry Danish Braid (with step-by-step photo tutorial).
21. Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies.
22. White Chocolate Dipped Red Velvet Cookies.
23. Glazed Chocolate Donut Holes.
24. Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting.
25. Healthy Strawberry Oat Bars.
26. Jumbo Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
27. Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes.

36 Valentine's Day Dessert recipe ideas from sallysbakingaddiction.com

28. 1 XXL Death by Chocolate Cookieperfect for sharing!
29. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
30. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Cake.
31. Peanut Butter Sweethearts.
32. Skinny 3-Ingredient Chocolate Bars.
33. Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
34. Classic Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
35. Death by Chocolate Cupcakes.
36. Nutella-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffinsit’s always a holiday for these.

And 1 more for good luck…

Raspberry Sweet Rolls. My favorite recipe from 2012; soft dough, juicy raspberries, sweet glaze all in one.

Raspberry Swirl Sweet Rolls

For more inspiration, check out my Valentine’s Day Pinterest board.

Happy weekend! Cheers.

61 Responses to “36 Valentine’s Day Recipes.”

Sarah@WholeAndHeavenlyOvenposted February 7, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Awesome round-up, Sally! I want it all! Especially the RV desserts. ;) Have a great weekend!

Madeleineposted February 7, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I love that you included treats for our furry family members on this list!

I’m actually planning on making your red velvet cookies to bring into my office next week. Valentine’s Day is extra special this year, because one of my favorite co-workers is getting married that day (it also happens to be her birthday–triple threat!). It should be a night full of love and dessert!

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

So exciting for your coworker, Madeleine! It will certainly be a celebratory day. Toast some champagne for me!

Helen @ Scrummy Laneposted February 7, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Love the look of that triple choc layer cake (no 8). Why have I never made a layer cake before? Especially a chocolate one!

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

It’s surprisingly easy, as long as you take your time, read all the directions beforehand, and think about the indulgent chocolate result. Hope you try it!

Debposted February 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Think I will make your awesome red velvet cookies into sandwich cookies with cream cheese frosting and THEN dip and sprinkle them. :)

Rebeccaposted February 7, 2014 at 2:40 pm

What a delicious roundup! I am going to make the strawberry chocolate chip cookies for Valentine’s Day – do you think walnuts will be compatible with this recipe? I love walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies!

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I think it would be great. I personally love walnuts in my cookies too. Enjoy!

Colleenposted February 7, 2014 at 2:53 pm

All of these Valentine’s Day recipes look delicious! I’ve been looking for a dessert to make for my husband, so I think one of these would be great! I’ve enjoyed keeping up with your blog (I found it a few months ago), and have tried some of your recipes – most recently, the pumpkin cheesecake muffins. MMM! Keep up the good work! :-)

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Thanks Colleen – and thanks for saying hi! You’ll have to let me know which recipes you try for Valentine’s Day. Have a great weekend!

Alyssa @ My Sequined Lifeposted February 7, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Love the amount of pink, red, and hearts (…and chocolate) in this post, Sally! And that dress is the stuff my dreams are made of! Leaps and bounds more preferable than some bridesmaids dresses I’ve worn. We haven’t quite decided what we’ll be doing on Valentine’s Day yet, but there’s a preeeetty good chance we’ll be sitting on the couch, watching Netflix, and munching on some homemade treats. Nothing big or fancy, but togetherness nonetheless. :)

• Sallyreplied on February 7th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Your Valentine’s Day plans sounds perfect. I know many brides say this, but I’m glad the girls will be able to have a dress they can wear again. Heck, I’d get it in every color!

Julieposted February 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm

What a great round-up! I’ve made & enjoyed many of those – strawberry chocolate cookies & muffins, strawberry oat squares & cheesecake bars, & the red velvet cookies! (Please note, I did share them & I didn’t make them all at once! :-) )
    They were all great & I’m looking forward to trying more!

You’re so cute – “enough blabber” – I love seeing your bridesmaid dresses (they’re gorgeous) & hearing about your & Kevin’s Valentine’s day traditions! Your readers know that you’re a real person too & not just an awesome recipe creating machine! :-)

Thank you for all that you share! Have a great day!

– Julie

Christineposted February 7, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I was drooling over the roundup of recipes but then saw Skinny 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars?!! What to the what?! How did I miss these? These WILL be made in the next 24 hours! Excellent round up post!!!

I adore the bridesmaid dresses – your wedding is going to be soooo pretty!

Amyposted February 7, 2014 at 5:02 pm

This is the sweetest, cutest round-up ever! My first thought was, “It’d be the best Valentine’s Day ever if I could have one of everything!” And then, “Oh wait, that might end in a huge stomach ache…” And finally, “Okay, so it’d be the BEST Valentine’s Day ever if I could eat one of everything AND not get a stomach ache!” :D Because really, what’s Valentine’s Day without lots of sweets and treats and chocolate?

Funny but true story: my guy actually suggested going out for Mexican food for Valentine’s Day 2 days ago! I literally giggled when he mentioned it because I remembered that was yours and Kevin’s tradition. :) But then we decided to celebrate a week early tonight (he has to work next Friday night) by going to a hockey game. I’m so excited!!

Ceeposted February 7, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Wow, I can’t stop myself from fawning over the bridesmaid dress you chose! What a beautiful choice. I love all your “bites of real life” sprinkled into each recipe post because it is such an inspiration to me. I hope to one day create my own website as well (although not a food blog). Now time to try another recipe of yours! :)

Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butterposted February 7, 2014 at 5:39 pm

This is the roundup of all roundups. The look of that giant chocolate cookie gets me every time (and I may or may not be eating a giant chocolate cookie right now;) ) Maybe I should make giant chocolate cookie Friday a thing? Or giant chocolate cookie everyday, I like that one better ;) Have a great weekend Sally!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.posted February 7, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I’ll take one of everything, Sally!

Rebeccaposted February 7, 2014 at 7:51 pm

They all look delicious! I’m making the red velvet white chocolate dipped cookies for work next week, and the chocolate cake mix cookies to bring for drinks at my friend’s place before we go to Justin Timberlake next weekend! (I’m pretending he’s my Valentine’s date. ;) )

And I love those bridesmaids dresses! Adorable color and definitely something they can wear many more times!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 11:18 am

So jealous of your plans next weekend! What a great Valentine’s Day. Have fun and enjoy those cake mix cookies/drinks!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girlposted February 7, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I want to eat truffles all day long while wearing that dress at home. Talk about living life to the fullest!

Seasonsgirlposted February 7, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I took a gluten free version of your funfetti cupcakes to a bible study dinner tonight and they were a big hit as I made them valentines themed in the sprinkles and light pink icing. Your posts have been inspiring me to do more holiday themed treats :)

Emily Brockleyposted February 8, 2014 at 1:25 am

I just want you to know that I am 15 years old and have been following this website for over a year(: I love all of your ideas and my family and friends loves it when i bake for them. Most of the recipes I use come from your website. Thankyou for inspiring to pursue my pssion of baking and writing because its one of the only things of a few that make me truly happy. Thankyou so much, your amazing. Oh and your cookbook is TOTALLY on my birthday wish list. FINGERSCROSSED.

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 11:11 am

I’m happy you love my recipes and website, Emily. And even more that my website inspires you to do what you love. Keep that passion! Hope you love my cookbook.

Emily Brockleyposted February 8, 2014 at 1:43 am

im making my boyfriend the red velvet cheesecake brownies c: he’s excited!

Lisaposted February 8, 2014 at 6:31 am

I may end up baking for 36 days straight! What a round up! It’s my sons first valentines at preschool and I volunteered to make cupcakes. I’ve made your chocolate cupcakes before for a baby shower and LOVED them! So i volunteered knowing I would be able to make the kids happy using this recipe! Thanks Sally!
    PS. Gorgeous Dresses!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 11:06 am

Perfect, Lisa! It will be the most delicious 36 days of your life, I promise. Happy those chocolate cupcakes were a hit and they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day. Maybe add some pink/red sprinkles on top!

Jennaposted February 8, 2014 at 7:11 am

Wonderful collection of recipes…I just love heart shapes and the colour pink! I may have to make more than one!

Jenna ||

Erin @ Texanerin Bakingposted February 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

Aww! You included something for our doggie friends! So sweet. :)

And this is an amazing roundup. So many yummy goodies that I still have to try!

PS – those dresses and the color are gorgeous!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 10:56 am

Thanks Erin! The pictures don’t even do the dresses justice. :)

Cristina P de Garcíaposted February 8, 2014 at 10:14 am

TnkU! Me encanta seguir dia a dia muy temprano acompañada de mi taza de café, tiempo ideal para mí. Felicitaciones una vez más, excelente publicación para Vday. Desde México, un abrazo, buen fin de semana.
    Pd. Mini red velvet Cheesecake, OMG! Gran receta! Se me pasaron 2minutos más de horneado, pero combinación de sabores genial!
    Gracias!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hola Cristina – pruebe la receta cheesecake de terciopelo rojo! Lo siento por mi mal español. Que tengas un buen día!

The Macadameposted February 8, 2014 at 10:34 am

This is awesome Sally! I love a good red, heart covered dessert!
    I have such limited baking utensils where I live at the moment, so I might try one of the more simpler recipes :)

Happy V Day!

Mary Francesposted February 8, 2014 at 10:56 am

Those dresses are gorgeous! They give your raspberry rolls a run for their money :) I want to dive right into all this awesome pinkness! You’re blog has everyone’s Valentine’s day covered!

Erinposted February 8, 2014 at 11:13 am

This is perfect. I’ll take on of each. ;) Mexican food, guac, and margaritas sounds like just about the best Valentine’s meal ever. Seriously. You guys have it down! Have a great weekend!

simple green momsposted February 8, 2014 at 1:04 pm

is it ok if i make (and eat) all of these for valentine’s? ;)

Rachelposted February 8, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Everything here looks AMAZING. I discovered your blog a few months ago, and it is now my go-to place for dessert recipes. Everything I’ve made so far has been delicious, and I look forward to even more awesome recipes!

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Thanks Rachel! You’ll have to let me know which recipes you try!

Choc Chip Uruposted February 8, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Love these gorgeous valentines day recipes :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Mariaposted February 8, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Love the list. Valentine’s Day is a great day to eat more chocolate and sweet red/pink treats. We have never made it a big deal in our house either – LOVE your family/friends EVERYDAY- is my motto!

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 9:38 am

Now THAT is a motto to live by.

alishaposted February 8, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I have been keeping an eye on strawberries for awhile.. SO wish it was strawberry season already.. I haven’t seen any good ones recently.. I NEED to make those strawberry cupcakes. This list is amazing

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 9:38 am

Thanks Alisha – let me know when you’re able to make the strawberry cupcakes!

Taylee @ Twist Me Fitposted February 8, 2014 at 8:35 pm

This list is seriously amazing. How can anyone resist one of everything?? :-)

Amyposted February 9, 2014 at 2:20 am

Lots of great ideas for my very own sweetie! This is only our second Valentines Day together so we are still working out what our tradtions are going to be. I know for certain that our evening will include chocolate and pasta though :)
    Happy weekending!

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 9:27 am

chocolate and pasta sound like one tradition you should keep!

Amberposted February 9, 2014 at 10:32 am

Love, love, LOVE your site! I’ve been looking at all of your beautiful recipe photos and I can’t pick JUST one! I want to try (and taste) them ALL! I too share a love for baking

• Sallyreplied on February 9th, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Thanks Amber! Let me know what you try first.

Layla @ Brunch Time Bakerposted February 9, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Love this round up! I recently did a V-days round up and I wanted to make everything!!

Antoniaposted February 10, 2014 at 9:06 am

I used one not listed here for my Valentines Day cookies this year. I used your funfetti sugar cookies http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/04/26/soft-baked-funfetti-sugar-cookies/ and used heart shaped sprinkles. SO yummy!

• Sallyreplied on February 10th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

One of my favorite cookie recipes! Perfect this time of year with festive sprinkles.

Ashtonposted February 10, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Even though all of these look amazing, I am just crazy-stupid in love with those Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies you made from scratch, and I can’t get my eyes off of them!!!! haha, but well done on all the rest too ;) You are stellar!

• Sallyreplied on February 11th, 2014 at 8:14 am

Thanks Ashton! And thanks for linking to all my muffins in your latest round-up.

Allisonposted February 11, 2014 at 6:19 am

You really are a fantastic baker. That homemade oreo looks delicious. Hope to try it soon.

Nicole @ Culinary Coolposted February 12, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I think my pup would love those doggy treats! I should probably bake something for her considering she’s always at my feet waiting for something to drop.

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2014 at 9:11 am

Aww. :) Yes you should make these for her Nicole! Happy Vday.

Emilyposted February 14, 2014 at 3:50 am

Well, this week I’ve made #2, #4, #12, oh and #19. My husband says I need to take a baking break. But I am loving on the skinny muffins and the dogs aren’t complaining about their peanut butter treats!

Donna LaPlanteposted February 14, 2014 at 8:21 am

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake looks amazing!! I may try that one soon only because DH wants them. Being a sweet roll fan, I can’t wait to make the Raspberry Sweet Rolls. Thanks for these wonderful Valentine recipes. I will have to make some for my co-workers, unless these treats get eaten up first at home. Ha!

meeposted February 14, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Oh Sally :) today I’ve found your page and I’m so impressed! :D I had never seen such a big, awesome and special recipe gallery… All your recipes look so deliscous! *-* I fell totally in love with your blog and I can’t wait for try your recipes… ♥
    You’ll see me often here, I promise :D
    Lots of love from Germany :)

• Sallyreplied on February 14th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Thank you! Be sure to let me know which recipes you try!

Bethposted February 15, 2014 at 7:49 am

All look delicious. I wish I would have gone grocery shopping before all the snow hit – it’s hard being stuck in the house and not being able to bake!