My favorite soft-baked and extra thick peanut butter cookie recipe with heart shaped chocolates.
It goes without saying that I love peanut butter. Peanut butter cookies are definitely one of my favorites, but I hate how crunchy and hard they can be. It’s taken me some time to perfect, but I have the softest, puffiest peanut butter cookie recipe for you today!
They are absolutely loaded with peanut butter flavor and are the softest peanut butter cookie you’ll ever eat. And the best part is that the whole recipe can be made in one bowl. 🙂
Peanut Butter Blossoms are my favorite cookies during Christmas time. But I took the whole peanut butter blossom idea and added a little Valentine’s Day touch with some Dove chocolate hearts. I know you and your sweetheart will love them!
Peanut Butter Sweethearts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 24 dove chocolate hearts
- extra granulated sugar for rolling, if desired
- In a large bowl with a handheld or stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Mix in peanut butter, then the egg, and then the vanilla. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chilled dough from fridge and roll into 1 Tablespoon balls. Spread a thin layer of granulated sugar on a plate and roll each dough ball to evenly coat (if desired).
- On an ungreased baking sheet, bake for 8-9 minutes, until the tops begin to *slightly* crack. Do not bake longer than this. Cookies will look undone, but will firm up as they cool. Press a chocolate heart into each cookie and quickly stick the baking sheet in the freezer or fridge so the warm cookie does not completely melt the chocolate heart. Let the chocolate set (about 15 minutes) on the cookies in the freezer/refrigerator.
Sally's Tip: Cookies stay fresh and soft in an airtight container for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
If you like soft peanut butter cookies, check out these peanut butter cookie recipe:
And these Reese’s Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
and these Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms!