How to Roast Garlic.
Learn exactly how to roast garlic – it’s easy!
Roasting garlic is so very simple. A basic skill that any cook should know! You may already be an expert in it, but I had to learn someway – so hopefully this will be helpful to some. Once you begin roasting garlic for your recipes, you won’t stop. The flavor is out of this world! And the smell? Even better.
I love roasted garlic on my cheesy breadsticks:
Or simply spread on crusty bread–> that’s the best.
Or chopped up and thrown into homemade hummus.
Or pair it with zesty flavors to make a healthy chicken quinoa salad.
Like I said, once you start roasting garlic for your recipes – you won’t stop!
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
- heads of garlic (I like to do 5-6 at a time)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the top of the garlic heads to expose the cloves inside. Grab a round or square cake pan (I usually use a 9-inch one) and pour 2 Tablespoons of olive oil inside. Swirl it around the bottom of the pan to coat evenly. Place garlic heads inside, exposed side up.
- Sprinkle the garlic heads with a little salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 more Tablespoon of olive oil on top. You want them to have a nice coating of oil so they don't burn easily. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Your house will smell amazing! Remove from the oven. To remove the roasted cloves, grab the bottom of the garlic head and gently squeeze until the cloves pop out - they will be mushy and ready to chop up for your recipe. Or spread onto a slice of crusty bread or pizza crust before baking. Yum!
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.