Mango Guacamole.

Try this chunky, sweet, and spicy guacamole the next time you’re craving the creamy dip. Perfect accompaniment to your favorite tortilla chips!

Simple Mango Guacamole - try this tangy, sweet, and spicy guacamole the next time you're craving the creamy dip. Perfect accompaniment to your favorite tortilla chips!

TGIF – it’s party time!

Two of my best friends from college are visiting this weekend. We have big plans for a fancy dinner, vegging out, playing with pups, reminiscing about our years at Loyola, and drinking wine. I’m making a big batch of my famous mango guacamole to snack on as they arrive tonight. Also: these chocolate chip cookies.

Cannot even wait! I might just go make the guac now. Breakfast of champions.

I have little self control when it comes to dips – hummus, buffalo chicken, spinach artichoke, you name it. And I have ZERO self control when it comes to guacamole. It is, hands down, one of my favorite foods. In fact, Kevin and I make a meal out of guacamole on the regular. A big bag of chips, a big bowl of guac, some margaritas, and the couch.

(Also zero control when it comes to margaritas.)

In our recipe, juicy mango livens up a bowl of traditional guacamole. Our fruity guacamole never stands a chance in front of a large crowd – or even just the two of us! Spiced with jalapeño and flavored with lime juice, you won’t be able to stop reaching for more and more of this chunky, creamy dip.

Go pick up some ripe avocados because guacamole’s on the menu tonight!

First thing to do? Peel, chop, squeeze all your guacamole fixings. You’ll need half of a jalapeño, juice of 1 lime, 1 small chopped tomato, and 1 peeled and chopped ripe mango.

You can control the spice! Leave out the jalapeño altogether or toss in the whole thing. I like a ton of mango chunks in our guacamole, so I always look for the largest mango I can find. Any size will be fine. Add more mango chunks, add less. This is your guacamole, so don’t be afraid to play around with the fixings!

Sometimes we add cilantro and 1/4 cup chopped onion. I didn’t this time because I had neither on hand. I’ll note these optional additions in the recipe below.

All of the guacamole fixings can be prepared in advance. Combine all of the ingredients (except for the avocado) in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Then, mash up your avocados and fold the fixings in. How easy is that?

You’ll need 3 ripe avocados for your mango guacamole.

How to tell if avocados are ripe: give the flesh a light squeeze. The avocado will yield to moderate pressure, while still be slightly soft. Or you can test an avocado’s ripeness this way: remove the small brown stem off the top of the avocado. If it comes off easily and you can see green underneath, the avocado is ripe. If you see brown, the avocado is not ripe.

I usually buy firm avocados in the beginning of the week, set them out on the counter, and by Friday they are ripe enough for our guacamole nights.

You’re going to love this stuff. Each bite is super chunky and loaded with mangoes, a little spice, a little sweetness, and lots of creamy avocado. Eat it with chips, put it on sandwiches, on top of salads, with baked potatoes (trust me), and burgers. Perfect in the summertime, springtime, for Cinco de Mayo or anytime you’re craving this classic dip.

(If you’re anything like me, every night should be mango guacamole night.)

The best part? It’s so quick, which makes it an easy dish to serve for guests. It’ll take you a whopping 10 minutes to make and then another 2 minutes to devour the entire bowl. I don’t even know how I managed to resist it during the photo shoot.

Oh wait.

PS: my favorite chip to pair with our mango guacamole are multigrain tortilla chips. I love the multigrain variety by Late July.

PrintPrint SaveSave

Simple Mango Guacamole

Super chunky guacamole gets a refreshing juicy twist with the addition of mango. We like our mango on the spicy side, but feel free to add more/less jalapeño as instructed. Eat it with chips, put it on sandwiches, on top of salads, and burgers. Perfect in the summertime, springtime, Cinco de Mayo or anytime you're craving this comforting dip.

Yield: Serves 3-5

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 3 ripe avocados
  • 1 mango, peeled and diced
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • half of a jalapeño pepper, diced*
  • juice from 1 lime
  • salt, to taste
  • Optional: 1/4 cup diced onion and chopped cilantro, to taste

Directions:

Mash the avocado in a large bowl. I like to leave a few large chunks because I prefer chunky guacamole. Fold in the mango, tomato, and jalapeño until combined. Squeeze the lime juice on top and stir until combined. Salt to taste. We usually add 1/8 teaspoon of salt.

Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

*Add more/less chopped jalapeño, depending how spicy you like your guacamole.

If you're looking to make-ahead, you may chop up all the ingredients except for the avocados.  Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Then, mash up the avocado and fold the fixings in. Season with salt to taste.

A few more snacky recipes to try this weekend…

Favorite Homemade Hummus with Spiced Pita Chips

Homemade Hummus with Crunchy Spiced Pita Chips. This is my favorite (super simple) homemade hummus recipe, you will make it time and time again!

Crispy Baked Onion Rings

How to Make Crispy Baked Onion Rings

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Baked Crispy Sweet Potato Fries.  Easy & cheap. | sallysbakingaddiction.com

Grandma’s Caramel Corn

Homemade Caramel Corn - sticky, salty, sweet, and irresistible!

Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas

Crunchy Cinnamon-Sugar Roasted Chickpeas

Homemade Soft Pretzels

30 Minute Homemade Soft Pretzels

72 Responses to “Mango Guacamole.”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted March 21, 2014 at 7:09 am

Ok…thank you for the idea of the firm avocados at the beginning of the week! I never do that, and then I end up running to the grocery store on the weekend for avocados about a zillion times! We take anything avocado seriously here…we <3 them!
    This guac loves heavenly. The hubs has a major obsession with mangos so he is going to die.
    We may just eat it for dinner….and that's all. Because I also have zero dip self control!
    Pinned

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 9:14 am

Haha we take avocados very seriously around here too. ;) Definitely stock up in the beginning of the week.

Chloe @ foodlikecakeposted March 21, 2014 at 7:33 am

This looks amazing- I love, love, guacamole and mangoes!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?!posted March 21, 2014 at 7:56 am

We are such an avocado family…love avocados in any way, shape, or form we can eat them! This looks faaaantastic :)

Lisa @ Simple Pairingsposted March 21, 2014 at 8:01 am

Sally, you’ve hit home with this one. Not only could I make a meal out of guacamole, but I love your addition of mango! So perfect for spring – colorful and popping with vibrant flavors. Just lovely. Have a fabulous weekend! :)

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 9:13 am

Thanks Lisa! It’s the best guac – well in my opinion at least! Hope you have a great weekend too!

Christineposted March 21, 2014 at 8:20 am

Looks like I’m eating Mexican and drinking Margs tonight!!!! Thanks for kick starting my carving Sally! :)

Christineposted March 21, 2014 at 8:21 am

And by carving I meant craving….hahaha

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 9:12 am

Haha! Yes, I knew what you meant. Your friday night sounds FUN!

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugarposted March 21, 2014 at 8:48 am

I love the mango addition – how fun! I bet that little bit of sweet is just perfect!

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted March 21, 2014 at 8:50 am

I think you made this just for me :)

Mango AND tomatoes…YES! And the little jalepeno. I love texture and kind of a smorgasboard of veggies in my guac and this is perfect! I’d love a bowl for breakfast :) pinned

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 9:12 am

KNEW you’d love this Averie!!

Erinposted March 21, 2014 at 9:13 am

Mango guacamole?! Oh my goodness gracious. This needs to happen (with some margaritas) ASAP! Yum. Pinned! Have such a fun weekend, Sally!

Chelsea @ Gal on a Missionposted March 21, 2014 at 9:21 am

I absolutely love my guac, but never tried a mango variety before. Sounds like a guac and margarita night for us! Looks awesome, Sally. Have a fabulous weekend with your girls!

Pinned! :)

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 10:29 am

Thanks so much Chelsea! Let me know if you give this guac a try. Have a great weekend too!

Christineposted March 21, 2014 at 9:25 am

Weird…I was planning on making guacamole tonight…I am going to see if I can find a mango on my lunch hour as that would make a great addition. I bake a spaghetti squash (sprinkled with cumin) and top with black beans, guacamole, fresh chopped onion & tomato and salsa. It looks like a mess on the plate but SO GOOD.

Thanks for the new twist on guacamole! Can’t wait to try it tonight!

Oh, I also finally took your tip and froze some cookie dough balls. I had some of your chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge waiting to be baked and I kept “sampling” it so last night I rolled it all into balls and froze it. I’m actually thinking that one ball per day might be a nice snack at work…ha ha ha!

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 10:28 am

Haha cookie dough ball “snacks” during work would definitely help me get through the day. I have got to try your tex-mex style spaghetti squash recipe Christine! Right up my alley.

• Ellen Reneereplied on March 21st, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Christine….that squash sounds superb! Will be making that ASAP…with some lovely mango guac on the side!

• Christinereplied on March 24th, 2014 at 7:52 am

Hi Sally – just wanted you to know that I did indeed make this on Friday night and it was more amazing than I imagined. I am making it again tonight (spaghetti squash again!) and will use more jalapeno and more mango – I held back a little as I didn’t know if my husband would not like the mango in it but he raved about it. The creamy sweetness of the mango is so good with the heat of the jalapeno.

Thank you again for sharing the recipe – and so glad you had a great weekend with your friends!

• Sallyreplied on March 24th, 2014 at 9:36 am

I KNEW this would be a hit, Christine! So glad you love this guac as much as we do. And that the mango is husband-approved!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted March 21, 2014 at 10:23 am

That is such a gorgeous guac! I love how you keep reinventing yourself and keeping things fresh on your blog. Great recipe!

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 10:26 am

Thanks Jocelyn! I’m trying to keep a good variety on my blog. Though I do want to bake cookies everyday, it’s been fun sharing the savory recipes I enjoy too. I appreciate your comment so much! Have a great weekend my friend.

Shashi @ RunninSrilankanposted March 21, 2014 at 10:26 am

“A big bag of chips, a big bowl of guac, some margaritas, and the couch” sound like my kind of evening! :)
    This guac with mangoes is BRILLIANT! I am for sure trying this recipe and vegging out at some point this weekend!

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregonposted March 21, 2014 at 10:29 am

Do you recommend the larger avocados or smaller ones for this recipe?? My grocery store has two options so I’d like to replicate how you made this recipe! Thanks as always for great snacking ideas, Sally!

Samantha @FerraroKitchenposted March 21, 2014 at 10:37 am

My kinda guac! We LIVE on guac in So cal..haha can’t get enough of it! And paired with margaritas…ya..it’s a good thing lol

marcieposted March 21, 2014 at 10:40 am

This is such a bright and cheery recipe to wake up to, Sally! I love the addition of the mango to the guacamole — adding one of my favorite fruits to my favorite dip is one great idea! :)

katie @ ohshineonposted March 21, 2014 at 12:20 pm

so (guac) holy moly. love it.

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventuresposted March 21, 2014 at 12:50 pm

What a great combo! The next time I eat baked potatoes, I’m going to slather on some guacamole!

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 2:52 pm

It’s SO good, Laura! Enjoy.

Gayle@PumpkinNSpiceposted March 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Love this recipe! Guacamole is my favorite, so can’t wait to try this with mangos!

Natalie Munroeposted March 21, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Sally– another awesome recipe, thanks! I wouldn’t have thought to add mango to guacamole. But why not?!

My college girlfriends and I get together a couple times a year for “Rosemont Wine Club” get-togethers. We drink wine, eat snacks, and catch up. We’re meeting tomorrow night, in fact, so this is extra timely since I was just planning our menu! This recipe sounds delightful and I happen to have a bag of avocados ripening on the counter as we speak! I’m extra excited that it’s vegan-friendly because one of my pals is vegan and I always worry about coming up with tasty things she can enjoy, too.

Do you have any favorite snack recipes–better still if it’s a vegan recipe– to pair with red wine? (This time around, I made our theme “insulting-named reds” – things like Fat Bastard or Arrogant Frog or Gnarly Head. haha)

PS- Have you had peach margaritas? A local Mexican restaurant has them seasonally and they are THE. BEST. Also, Applebees’ Perfect Margarita is delish!

Best- Natalie Munroe

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Hey Natalie! Peach margaritas sound amazing. Maybe I can try my hand at making some in the summertime. Funny you mention the insulting named reds theme for your wine club tonight. I had some “Rotten B*tch” red wine last weekend and I was cracking up every time I looked at the bottle haha! For red wine pairings – I don’t really have the best recipes for snack type foods. But feel free to browse a few snack recipes yourself: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/category/candy-snacks/

• Natalie Munroereplied on March 24th, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Hi again! Just checking back in to say I tried this recipe for my get-together and it was a hit: fresh, flavorful, and aesthetically pleasing! I also tried your roasted chick peas with cinnamon-sugar. I followed the directions but some of the sugar burned so I had to chuck the tray, but they did get nice and crispy. I will probably try them again, but either in a savory preparation or I’ll wait longer to add the sugar mixture (or reduce the oven heat for that second go-round.) thanks for the recipes!
        Natalie Munroe

Evelynposted March 21, 2014 at 2:15 pm

We make quacamole a lot in So Calif. I make it a head, mix all ingredients except the lime juice and chopped tomato. Top quac with lime juice and chopped tomato. Place in frig. until your ready to serve, then stir all together. Thank you for a new twist of adding mango.
    Also, I freeze avocados, we get a lot from our neighbors tree. Peel, cut in half, remove seed roll in lime juice or lemom, and place in zip lock freezer bag. Try to remove as much air from bag as possible. When ready to use, thaw and mash in bag.

Karlyposted March 21, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I’m also powerless when it comes to margaritas and guacamole and now I think I know what I’m having for dinner tonight! The kids can have PB&J, the husband will be working late, and I’ll be catching up on TV with all of this deliiousness!

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Haha! Karly, I like your style! ;)

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete}posted March 21, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I love mangoes and I love guacamole, I never would think to combine the two! Looks delicious Sally.

Cate @ Chez CateyLouposted March 21, 2014 at 4:05 pm

TGIF is right!! I also have zero self control around guac. It is just too good! Your recipe looks amazing!! The mango in there sounds so good! Will have to try that next time I make a batch! Hope you have a great weekend, Sally!

Caley Buxtonposted March 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

What a fun, tropical idea! I love that your recipe doesn’t have TONS of ingredients. Sometimes I feel like guacamole has a thousand things in it, and some avocado as an afterthought! Yours is all about fruits and vegetables, and that’s PERFECT in my book :) I hope you have a great time with your friends!

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Thanks Caley! When it comes to guac, less is more. I like to taste the avocados! Have a great weekend too.

Kammie @ Sensual Appealposted March 21, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Oh yes, I want this… Perfect dip!

Evelyn Bposted March 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm

This sounds great. I’ll have to be brave & try to chop up a mango sometime soon! It’s funny, I haven’t really seen/noticed recipes for Mango Guacamole before, now this is the 2nd one I’ve seen this week! (The other one was from Sandwich King Jeff Mauro on Food Network.)

• Sallyreplied on March 21st, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Too funny!! Well, I’m craving summertime so this week I had to post a fruity guac recipe. Thanks Evelyn!

Laura (Tutti Dolci)posted March 21, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I’m a huge fan of mango salsa so this guac is calling my name!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoesposted March 22, 2014 at 12:06 am

I am completely on the same page with you about guac — I often make a meal of it for lunch. I really like the idea of adding mango — if it wasn’t midnight, I’d make it right now!

Julie @ Lovely Little Kitchenposted March 22, 2014 at 12:29 am

Love the idea of getting all the mix-ins chopped and ready to go and then adding the avocado last minute. Can’t wait to try this one! Have a fun weekend.

Crystal | Apples & Sparkleposted March 22, 2014 at 12:29 am

This combination sounds like heaven. I think I’d like to try out a chips and mango guacamole dinner. Margaritas not excluded, of course. : )

• Sallyreplied on March 22nd, 2014 at 7:15 am

It will be the best dinner you’ll have all week, that’s for sure!

Rebeccaposted March 22, 2014 at 1:26 am

Looks soooo good. I recently made a mango salsa (my new fave) and just made guacamole the other night. I almost finished the bowl myself. It’s dangerous for me to have around! Now I’ll have to combine the two…off to buy more avocados! :)

• Sallyreplied on March 22nd, 2014 at 7:13 am

Next on my list is mango salsa! So good.

Emily @ Life on Foodposted March 22, 2014 at 7:40 am

I love avocados. They have been cheaper lately and I have been buying them up non-stop.

Beth @ bethcakesposted March 22, 2014 at 9:37 am

I love that there’s mango in this guac! Such a fun twist. And totally perfect now that it’s springtime. Honestly, I have never made homemade guacamole, and now I really don’t know why. So easy! :)

Erinposted March 22, 2014 at 12:06 pm

This is a sally staple. after living with her for 3 years…i know it :) this is hands down one of her best! you and kevin would definitely make this regularly and watch big bang theory – xoxoxox

• Sallyreplied on March 23rd, 2014 at 11:58 am

Yes!! Of course I remember that. You know how good this stuff is Er. We’ll have lots of guac dates this summer. xoxo

Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchenposted March 22, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Mango and Avocados – I stock up at the beginning of the week so this dip is perfect for me :) Pinned and can’t wait to try!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted March 22, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Dude how can anyone resist delicious dips?! THEY ARE SO FUN TO DUNK CHIPS INTO! And I love love love the sweet touch of mango you’ve added to this guacamole. So ingenious and delicious I’m sure! :D

The Macadameposted March 23, 2014 at 5:35 am

What a nice twist on an old favourite! Mango is such a delicious flavour that makes it feel like summer instantly :)
    Anisa – The Macadame. xx

Iosune | Minimal Eatsposted March 23, 2014 at 6:41 am

Mango is my favorite fruit! And I’m totally in love with guacamole, what a perfect combination! I NEED to make this recipe NOW! Thanks a lot! :)

• Sallyreplied on March 23rd, 2014 at 11:52 am

Hope you enjoy! My favorite fruit as well.

Laura Dembowskiposted March 23, 2014 at 8:23 am

I love homemade guacamole and often make dinner out of it too! More room for dessert, right? :) I love it with Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips. I always add minced garlic, but now I can’t wait to try mango!

Helen @ Scrummy Laneposted March 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I NEVER would have thought of adding mango to guacamole, Sally, but …. great idea!! Fabulous tip to buy the avos at the beginning of the week so they’re ready for Friday, too. I always struggle with that because I’m one of those people who tends to think what to make for dinner that night on the way home from work so, if I want avocados, too bad, usually! ;-)

• Sallyreplied on March 23rd, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Helen, I’m usually last minute for dinner too. So it’s annoying to plan ahead with making guacamole unless you magically find ripe avos at the store! Which I sometimes do in the summertime – it’s great!

Raquelposted March 23, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Mango and guacamole sounds heavenly! I will have to try this.

Chung-Ah | Damn Deliciousposted March 25, 2014 at 2:41 am

I haven’t had guacamole in ages but that’ll change soon. I’ll have to pick up some avocado tomorrow to make your version. I bet that mango adds such an amazing sweetness to this!

borisaposted March 27, 2014 at 9:48 am

Gifts from nature in one dip!!! Right to the point:)
    Cheers!!!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted March 27, 2014 at 6:50 pm

This is so not fair… Why am I allergic to avocado??? I love mango, and I love dips (skip the chips and veggies, just hand me the bowl!), but… I can’t have avocado. It’s the saddest thing ever. Ah well, more for you and Kevin, right? ;) And I hope you had a fabulous time with your friends!! Nothing beats a really fun girl’s weekend, especially with how hard you work. You deserved the time off!

• Sallyreplied on March 27th, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Oh no! Amy, that’s awful. I do love avocado so much but when they’re not in season, they’re sooo expensive here. Hope you had a great week!

Emily Aposted March 29, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Oh my gosh, Sally! This dip looks incredible! It’s so difficult trying to find ripe mangoes this time of year though, I’m hoping they get here quickly!

Jessica @ Sprinkle Some Sugarposted March 30, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I love guacamole but have never though to throw some mangos into the mix! I love, love, love mangos so I’m sure they make the guac all the better!

• Sallyreplied on March 30th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Yes! Jessica, I hope you try this stuff!

Laura Kposted April 2, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Okay, so I was not prepared for just how good this is…the stars finally aligned and I had perfectly ripe avocadoes and a perfectly ripe mango in my apartment at the same time so I HAD to make this and I will be making it again and again. I have always loved guacamole but the mangoes put it over the top, it tastes incredible! I am obsessed. Thank you thank you for an amazing recipe Sally!

• Sallyreplied on April 2nd, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Hey Laura! I’m so happy you love this guacamole so much. And how perfect that you had perfectly ripe mango AND avocados at the same time!