Marshmallow-Filled S’mores Cupcakes.

Moist and light chocolate cupcakes stuffed with a creamy marshmallow filling, topped with milk chocolate frosting, crushed graham crackers and a toasted marshmallow. S’mores have never tasted so good!

Warning: lots of step-by-step photos today!

S'mores have never tasted so good! Moist and rich homemade chocolate cupcakes filled with marshmallow, topped with chocolate frosting, graham cracker crumbs, and a toasted marshmallow.

It’s almost summertime. Let’s get this party started!

…with one of the most amazing cupcakes you’ll ever eat. The ultimate s’more. The softest, richest homemade chocolate cupcake. Silky smooth milk chocolate frosting, creamy marshmallow filling, and a toasted marshmallow plopped on top of it all. These are, by far, the best cupcakes in the entire world. Well, at least for this s’more lover.

These cupcakes bring back so many sweet memories for me. Toasting marshmallows around a fire pit at Deep Creek Lake, stuffing our faces with s’mores on my first camping trip, making s’more cookies, and s’mores fudge – on TV!

I teamed up with JET-PUFFED this month to bring you today’s overloaded s’mores recipe. My mind went bonkers with recipe ideas, but I wanted to create something completely over-the-top, rich, and with tons of chocolate. Hey, it’s my birthday next week and an overload of chocolate is par for the course.

The BEST Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes - moist, light, and rich. They're so simple to make, too!

I created a new chocolate cupcake recipe. I make my Death by Chocolate Cupcakes on the regular – and so do you. They’re one of the most popular recipes on my blog! We’re all a bunch of chocoholics. But this past weekend, I wanted something a little new and different. Lighter in texture, but still big on rich chocolate flavor.

Sometimes change is a good thing!

I took my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and made a few changes, thus producing an even easier homemade chocolate cupcake. A little oil and buttermilk for moisture, a lot of cocoa for flavor, eggs for richness, and a touch of brown sugar to make them stand out from the rest. It’s the same exact recipe, but I switched oil for butter and left out the 2 ounces of melted chocolate. The cupcakes are still incredibly fudgy though!

Creamy Marshmallow Filling for S'more Cupcakes (recipe)

Into the cupcakes go a creamy marshmallow filling. If there is ever a need to make marshmallow filling (shouldn’t there always be a need to make marshmallow filling?), it is now. Think about it – moist, rich chocolate cupcakes filled with marshmallow. I honestly could’ve stopped here and forgot about the milk chocolate frosting and toasted marshmallow on top. The marshmallow filling is THAT good. One thing: don’t sub anything for the marshmallow creme. It’s necessary in the filling!

Your mind will explode upon first taste.

I filled these cupcakes the lazy way – cut out a section and fill. Easy.

How to fill cupcakes - visuals on

How to fill cupcakes - visuals on

Now the frosting.

This milk chocolate frosting is loved by many, making several appearances on my blog and in my cookbook. The smoothest, silkiest, richest chocolate frosting I’ve ever tasted. Swirl it on top of the cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.

The BEST Milk Chocolate Frosting! Creamy, thick, and ultra fluffy. Use it for all your favorite cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and more.

Oh, we’re not done yet. These cupcakes get even better.

Toast some JET-PUFFED marshmallows under the broiler in your oven for a minute until browned. They’ll still be easy to pick up, so just scoop them from the baking sheet and place on top of the cupcake. Alternatively, you may use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows. Or a campfire, but I didn’t have a fire handy…

How to toast marshmallows - the easy way in the oven.

You’ll love how rich, yet light-crumbed the chocolate cupcakes are. Easy to make, and they stay moist and soft – even on the next day. I brought Erin a couple on day 2 and she said they were the best chocolate cupcakes I’ve ever made. And she’s tasted practically all of them! They’re certainly a great cupcake to make ahead of time and then decorate right before serving.

Make today’s marshmallow-filled s’mores cupcakes for all your summer BBQs, parties, get togethers, and festivities. I have big plans for them on 4th of July. Maybe serve along some s’mores brownie pie? We’re total s’more people around these parts.

Look at all the luscious marshmallow filling inside!

There are a lot of parts to these marshmallow-filled s’mores cupcakes, but take your time. Read through the ingredients and directions first, then get started. They are completely worth every step!

Marshmallow-Filled S'mores Cupcakes

Yield: 14 cupcakes

Prep Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes (plus cooling)

Moist and light chocolate cupcakes stuffed with a creamy marshmallow filling, topped with milk chocolate frosting, crushed graham crackers and a toasted marshmallow. S'mores have never tasted so good!

• 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder1
  • 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature2
  • 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil (melted coconut oil works too)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk3

Marshmallow Filling

• 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2/3 cup JET-PUFFED marshmallow creme (Fluff)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Tablespoons (30ml) heavy cream4
  • 3/4 - 1 cup (90-120g) confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Milk Chocolate Frosting

• 1 and 3/4 cups (210g) confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 Tablespoons (30ml) heavy cream4
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • salt, to taste

• 12 JET-PUFFED marshmallows
  • 4 full-sheet graham crackers, crushed

1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners - this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
  2. Make the cupcakes: In a large bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently stir - about 5 stirs. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter won't be very thick.
  3. Pour/spoon the batter into the liners - fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides. Bake in batches for 18-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before continuing.
  4. Make the filling as the cupcakes cool: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, marshmallow creme, vanilla, and cream on medium speed until completely smooth. Add 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and the salt slowly with the mixer running on low, then increase the speed to high and beat for 1 minute. If it looks too thin, add 1/4 cup more confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
  5. Make the chocolate frosting as the cupcakes cool: Sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder to assure there are no lumps. Set aside. With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy - about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sifted sugar/cocoa powder alternately with the heavy cream and vanilla. Beat on low speed after each addition. Once all added, beat on high speed until creamy and combined for at least 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet. Set aside until ready to use.
  6. Assemble the cupcakes: Using a sharp knife, cut a circle/hole into the center of the cupcake to create a little pocket about 3/4 inch deep. Place 1 spoonful (a little more than 1 teaspoon) of marshmallow filling inside and top with the piece of cupcake you removed to seal. See photos above for visual. Repeat with all cupcakes. You will likely have leftover filling. It's great sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies.
  7. Frost the cupcakes however you like. I used my Wilton 1M swirl piping tip. Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
  8. Toast the marshmallows on a large baking sheet on one of the top oven racks with your oven on broil. They brown almost immediately, so don't leave the room! Once browned, quickly remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Scoop from the baking sheet using a spatula and place on top of the frosted cupcakes. Enjoy immediately while the marshmallows are nice and gooey.
  9. Make ahead tip: Prepare cupcakes, without decorating/frosting, 1 day in advance. Keep plain cupcakes covered tightly at room temperature and frost the day of serving. Frosting and filling can also be prepared 1 day in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use. Unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before frosting and serving.

1. Do not use dutch processed cocoa. Dutch process is treated with an alkali to neutralize its acids and therefore will not react with the alkaline baking soda in the batter. Natural unsweetened, which is an acidic ingredient, is paired with the brown sugar (also acidic) in this specific cupcake recipe to react with baking soda and maintain the proper balance of acid and alkaline as the cupcakes bake.
  2. Room temperature eggs are required for the cupcakes. To bring eggs to room temperature quickly, put them in a glass of warm water for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Buttermilk is required for this recipe. If you do not have buttermilk, make your own by mixing 1 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice with 1/2 cup milk. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
  4. Heavy cream required for filling and frosting for creamiest texture. Half-and-half may be substituted. Milk is OK, but will not give the same creamy, fluffy texture.

Adapted from my Death by Chocolate Cupcakes

S’more lover? Try my S’mores Brownie Pie next!

S'mores Brownie Pie

See all of my s’mores-inspired recipes!

S'mores Cupcakes

150 Responses to “Marshmallow-Filled S’mores Cupcakes.”

Matt Robinsonposted May 23, 2014 at 2:35 am

I love the step by step photos, Sally. This looks like my idea of the perfect cupcake. Love it!!

• Sallyreplied on May 23rd, 2014 at 5:47 am

You have to try them for your kids this summer, Matt!

Lillyposted May 23, 2014 at 2:42 am

Wow, that just looks wow! And so yummy 😀

Alaposted May 23, 2014 at 3:21 am

Sally, I love your charming “warning” that there are lots of step-by-step photos today–of course, I’m loving them all, each and every one of them! My friend has just told me she’s digging the whole smores flavor profile lately, so these are definitely going to be made for her birthday. Thanks for sharing!

• Sallyreplied on May 23rd, 2014 at 5:46 am

Thanks Ala – well, I’ve had complaints before that I post too many photos! But I think step-by-step visuals are imperative. Especially with a recipe where so much is going on!

marcieposted May 23, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I love s’mores inspired desserts, and these take the cake! :)

Jenn@eatcakefordinnerposted May 23, 2014 at 9:48 pm

You have really outdone yourself this time! OMG – I want one now. Pinned!

Hayleyposted May 24, 2014 at 2:24 am

I think I just died a little inside. These are perhaps the most wonderful and decadent dessert I’ve ever seen :0

EvieMae Schuetzposted May 25, 2014 at 8:26 am

I made these for book club on Thursday after seeing your post that morning, and then again for our Memorial Day potluck yesterday. Everyone LOVED them! I don’t care for s’mores, or chocolate cake, and even I slipped through the doorway to heaven when eating these. Awesome recipe, Sally! You’ve really outdone yourself with this one!

Kaylaposted May 25, 2014 at 2:31 pm

these are just amazing! All things s’mores are in my wheelhouse, but I’ve never seen anything that looks as good as this!

Lisaposted May 26, 2014 at 5:33 pm

My daughter and I just made these today. Treat for her friends for her 16th birthday. We put a piece (rectangle) of Hershey bar on the marshmallow. Thanks! !

• Sallyreplied on May 26th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Love the Hershey’s bar addition Lisa. Sounds perfect!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress)posted May 27, 2014 at 10:30 pm

mmmmmmm SO AMAZING! That marshmallow filling….and the frosting…and the toasty marshmallow….and the chocolatey cake….MMMM!

Shannonposted May 28, 2014 at 8:37 am

Sally! You have seriously outdone yourself with these cupcakes. I made them last night to take to a coworker’s birthday today and I had to sneak a taste test. WOW! These are hands down the absolute best thing I have ever baked. The cupcakes have a rich chocolatey flavor, the marshmallow creme is velvety and sweet. I thought going with a pure chocolate frosting might be a bit of overload so I did a swirl of vanilla and chocolate. It worked out wonderfully! Thanks so much for this recipe and your blog. You are one talented baker!

• Sallyreplied on May 28th, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thanks Shannon! I appreciate you reporting back. So happy you enjoyed them!

Kellyposted May 29, 2014 at 10:05 am

Hi Sally
    Your cupcakes look so good! I can’t wait to try them. I recently made Blackberry Shortcake Cupcakes and mentioned your recipe in my post. if you get a chance check it out

Lori Williamsonposted June 3, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Yum! This looks amazing Sally, love your recipes. (Too much???—ummmm…No :) ) so thank you Again. Here I go… into the kitchen 😉

Dylanposted June 4, 2014 at 3:58 am

Hello there! I just made these but I made one teeny addition, I frosted them with a little chocolate ganache before piping on the vanilla frosting! That made them more insanely chocolate-y! I’m a new fan of your site! Greetings from the Philippines! 😀

Dylanposted June 4, 2014 at 4:01 am

Okay, excuse my comment above, that was supposed to be for your classic chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting! I had both tabs open (going through all of your recipes and i put quite a lot on my to-bake list!), whoops!

• Sallyreplied on June 4th, 2014 at 8:06 am

Still sounds so delicious. Thanks Dylan!

Aislinn @ cakes 'n chaosposted June 15, 2014 at 3:27 am

These look yummy :) love the idea of putting all the flavours of smores into cupcakes!

dinaposted June 21, 2014 at 8:37 pm

they look delish!

Carmen Jonesposted July 15, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Absolutely the best cupcakes ever …..and they are pretty too!! I have never commented on recipes before. Either it goes in my keep binder or the round file. I never was compelled to respond until now. WOW! These are so good down to the last crumb. I have decided to bake them for a fundraiser tomorrow.

• Sallyreplied on July 16th, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for taking the time to comment Carmen! I really appreciate it.

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchenposted July 17, 2014 at 9:19 pm

These look necessary.

Shannynposted July 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm

OMG. Just made these. Lots of steps but TOTALLY worth it. And that frosting….wow. Just wow. Thank you for this awesome recipe!!!

Melissaposted July 21, 2014 at 1:50 pm

My daughter and i made these for her 15th birthday party. Everyone was RAVING about them! They were delicious!!!!! I had some leftover cake and marshmallow filling, so I combined them to make cake balls. they were a little too runny, so i added graham cracker crumbs and rolled them into balls. I then coated them in graham cracker crumbs and put them in the fridge. I got about 15-18 S’mores cake balls out of them. they were gone BEFORE the party!!!!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!!

Rissaposted July 25, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Hi!!! I would love to make these for my friends wedding… Do the marshmallows get hard after a few hours of sitting out? I suppose I could just try broiling a few and leaving them out for a bit. These look wonderful though!!

• Sallyreplied on July 26th, 2014 at 6:46 am

They stay pretty soft for the first day.

Ashley Nolanposted July 30, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Does the top get hard after a few days?

Pins & Paperbacks Blogposted August 2, 2014 at 1:41 am

We loved these cupcakes so much, we decided a blog post was in order! One thing we did change: we forgoed the marshmallow creme and it still tasted delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful recipe!

Jenniferposted August 6, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Made this for my son’s birthday. Looked exactly like your pictures. My husband has celiac disease so I substituted gluten free flour and graham style crumbs and you couldn’t even tell. These were definitely some of the best chocolate cupcakes we’ve had in a long time. Will definitely make again.

Jillian Hposted August 18, 2014 at 2:55 pm

This recipe was amazingly delicious! And a hit amongst my coworkers. I am obsessed with the filling.
    I just have one question: How did you get your marshmallows to look like that?

Did you broil them on low so they melt all the way through? I tried it and the tops of my marshmallows browned nicely but they remained tall and did not warm all the way through. Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on August 18th, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Hey Jillian! Sounds like your broiler isn’t getting hot enough. How about you turn it on to the highest it can go and put in the marshmallows for about 20-40 seconds t=so they get really toasty on top. Or you can always use a kitchen torch.

Kamielleposted August 21, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Hi Sally ! I am absolutely in LOVE with your cupcakes . I’m pretty obsessed with baking cupcakes, and I always go to your blog to find a new recipe to make . I plan on making these cupcakes tonight, but I want to kick it up a notch with some graham cracker crust ? i don’t know if I have to follow a certain recipe or if I can just dump them at the bottom of the liner ? please respond soon, (:

Annaposted August 30, 2014 at 11:22 am

Made these on my last night of work before im off for college (baking and pastry major!), and sally they went INSANE! people raved about the rich chocolate flavor and fluff filling. So thankful for all the recipes ive gotten from you!

Annie Middleton-McKennaposted September 25, 2014 at 10:26 am

Okay that was amazing. I have just baked these and they are so good and look so so pretty! 100000/10 Thank you for sharing this with us. I shall be using this recipe in the future. What a wonderful idea.

Cindyposted November 16, 2014 at 4:56 am

Is there any substitute for the marshmallow fluff in the filling? Maybe just whipping up some marshmallows? Please reply quick. Urgent.

• Cindyreplied on November 30th, 2014 at 9:41 am

Thank you so much for not answering. It was so very helpful. The two week wait was very pleasent.

• Creplied on December 28th, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Do you think she just sits around waiting to answer your questions? Geez! Try Google next time and figure it out for yourself!

Jennyposted December 18, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Hey Sally, do you have a cupcake corer? I have heard good things about them. But i just didnt know if it was necessary or worth buying… is it easier n faster using it or is the knife just the same?

• Sallyreplied on December 18th, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I do not– but one would be useful here for sure! I don’t use one; I find a knife is easy and gets the job done!

• Cocoreplied on May 13th, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I use an apple corer

Stephanieposted December 22, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I made these for a Christmas party yesterday. They turned out great! Thank you!!

Courtneyposted December 30, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I made these today and OH MY GOD. I make A LOT of cupcakes and honestly these have to be the best yet. They were absolutely delicious and SO fun to make! I’ve made a few of your cupcake recipes so far and they are always a hit…thank you so much!

Ninaposted December 31, 2014 at 9:04 am

today is New Year’s eve and i’m going to try these Cupcakes and i hope they will be great <3

Jennyposted December 31, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Hey sally. Can i make this marshmallow cream and put it in a cake for the filling? Just a 2 layered cake..with this in the middle with chocolate frosting sounds amazing! Im more of vanilla frosting fan.. would this filling be weird with vanilla frosting?

• Sallyreplied on January 1st, 2015 at 6:18 pm

The marshmallow filling would be great in a layered cake with vanilla frosting. Enjoy!

Courtneyposted February 7, 2015 at 11:26 am

Hi Sally, love up your site and bake a lot of things off it that are always delicious!
    I had trouble with these cupcakes though. My flour, etc was sifted but my cupcakes stayed flat and kind of grainy. Not very moist or fudgy. Any tips on what I may have done wrong?

• Sallyreplied on February 8th, 2015 at 8:07 am

Courtney, could you explain a little more about the grainy texture? Like, you could taste sugar granules? The flatness of the cupcakes could be a result of overmixing. Also, do not open the oven until you are quite sure the cupcakes are nearly done. Cupcakes are temperamental and require even heat to keep a nice shape. If you allow cool air into the oven midway through (by opening and closing the door), you could be left with flat cupcakes.

• Courtneyreplied on February 8th, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Maybe grainy is the wrong word, more clumpy inside. They were dry, not as moist as everything else I’ve made from here. Maybe I opened the oven too much. I started checking them with a toothpick around 15 min. That may have ruined them. Thanks!

Chrisposted February 15, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Sally, these were so good! I brought them to a birthday party and people were telling me to quit my day job and spend more time making cupcakes.
    I felt like these had a pretty high crumb count. I usually try to err on the undermixed side of things because I don’t like to overmix and end up with dense cupcakes. Previously I’ve only filled cupcakes with strawberries, so marshmallow fluff filling was a new thing, but the cupcakes were kind of falling apart as I was coring them, so filling was a bit of a chore. Is that how they were supposed to be or should I try mixing a little more thoroughly next time? Add more flour? I know its tough to say without actually seeing the finished product…

jordynposted February 16, 2015 at 9:40 am

Hi Sally! I’m wondering if you use an actual muffin cup pan for these or if you use a cupcake pan? I’m thinking if I use a cupcake pan I’ll get a few more cakes without making another batch. TIA!

• Sallyreplied on February 16th, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Muffin pans and cupcake pans are usually the same. So, it does not matter what you use as long as it is a standard 12-count pan.

Maggie Oposted February 27, 2015 at 10:46 am

Hi! I am making these today for my sons “camping” themed Birtday party tomorrow. Do you think if I go.ahead and fully assemble minus the toasted marshmallow that they would store well refrigerated?

• Sallyreplied on February 27th, 2015 at 11:07 am

Without the marshmallow, yes the fridge is just fine Maggie! Let them come to room temperature before topping with the marshmallow and serving.

Kierste Carterposted March 4, 2015 at 9:15 pm

Just linked to your S’more Cupcakes on my blog, along with my own take on the S’more cupcake.

Helen P.posted April 12, 2015 at 10:19 am

These cupcakes are so wonderful! This is my second weekend in a row making them for family. They are a complete hit! Thank you Sally for having a blog in which the recipes work every single time!

Jennyposted April 20, 2015 at 10:54 am

Hi Salky, did you use one regular sizeepd jet-puffed marshmallow per cupcake, or did you use the jumbo size? Thanks!

• Jennyreplied on April 20th, 2015 at 10:55 am

Oops I meant Sally :)

• Sallyreplied on April 20th, 2015 at 10:57 am

Jenny- I used regular size (not the mini). They are large in size and usually what you roast for s’mores.

• Jennyreplied on April 21st, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Thanks! Also, I had a lot of trouble removing the marshmallows from the cookie sheet. Do you have any tips for me? I tried toasting them on the cookie sheet and also on top of parchment paper. Let them cool a few min and then tried removing them with a spatula and my fingers, but they were super sticky both ways.

Stephanieposted May 1, 2015 at 3:48 pm

ohhhhh mmyyyyyyy goddddddd!! these are literally the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life! that marshmallow filling? I could probably eat only that for the rest of my life and never complain about it. like I seriously can’t even get over how good that cupcake I just ate was… I don’t even have words to explain how scrumptious these are. only thing is just like Jenny, my marshmallows that I toasted were also very sticky and I had a hard time removing them from the baking pan. should I maybe coat the pan with cooking spray first?
    anyways, thank you for this recipe! I think I’m maybe in love with these? is it possible to be in love with a cupcake? probably.

• Sallyreplied on May 2nd, 2015 at 7:18 am

Thanks Stephanie! So glad you like the cupcakes. If you are not using a silicone baking mat, I suggest spraying lightly with nonstick spray.

Jenposted June 11, 2015 at 5:01 am

I was so excited to try this cupcake, as I love marshmallow, and from scratch cupcakes. But.. I don’t know what happened? It is a bit too sweet for me? Or have i done something wrong? I used royal icing powdered sugar instead of the normal icing sugar, because the latter tends to be very runny. Do i need to adjust the sugar? Thanks in advance.

• Sallyreplied on June 11th, 2015 at 7:27 am

Jen, did you follow the cupcake recipe itself– as in, not subbing anything? I suggest following the recipe as written and then adjusting the sugar to your tastes.

Nicoleposted June 15, 2015 at 6:02 pm

These look amazing! I will be making these for a work potluck. Question, have you thought about adding a graham cracker crust to the bottom? I think I’d like to try that out, but do you think it would be too much? Thanks for posting such a delicious looking cupcake recipe! :)

• Sallyreplied on June 15th, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Wouldn’t be too much at all! What a great idea.

Jayneposted June 28, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Hello, Sally! I just baked these for the first time and they were absolutely wonderful. But I was wondering if you could offer me some advice; I’d love to try this in cake form, using the marshmallow cream as a filling! Would I need to increase the temperature and the baking time?

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2015 at 7:02 am

Hi Jayne! No need to change the oven temperature, but the bake time will be a little longer for a cake.

• Jaynereplied on June 29th, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Thank you for the swift answer! The cake turned out delicious, if very slightly burnt around the edges — I’ll have to be more careful next time.

I took a picture of it with my phone:

Jillianposted June 30, 2015 at 11:54 am

I’m so excited to make these for 4th of July this weekend! Could I make the filling and the frosting a day in advance? If I put them in the refrigerator and take them out the next day to defrost completely will they be okay?

• Sallyreplied on June 30th, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Yes! You can make both ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator overnight.

Rachel Luskyposted July 5, 2015 at 2:06 pm

I made these Friday for our 4th of July picnic and they were a hit. Everyone was raving about them. Unbelievable…. thank you for this recipe!

Melissaposted August 16, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I was hoping I could make this recipe for my boyfriend’s 21st birthday on Saturday. I was going to make everything a day in advance and then decorate/serve before seeing him.

I’m hoping you could really answer this question for me please: should I cut out the middle of the cupcake a day in advance also or just cut it out the day I’m decorating?

• Sallyreplied on August 17th, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Cut it out the day you assemble/decorate.

Joshposted October 9, 2015 at 10:01 am

What is the yield of this recipe?