3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.

No added sugars or fake stuff - only 3 delicious ingredients to make these healthy, fruity popsicles!

How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do?

While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)

If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.

Yep, we are officially moving! Kevin got a new job in Philadelphia and we found an adorable house. I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet and to move back to where I was born and raised. Though I’ll miss you charm city!

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!

Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.

Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.

Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.

Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.

You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.

I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.

Yup yup, that’s it.

Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.

Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.

3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles

Yield: 6 popsicles

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)

Special Equipment

Directions:

1. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
  2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
  3. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!

1. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.

Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes next!

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

See more gluten free recipes.

See more vegan recipes.

See more frozen treats.

118 Responses to “3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.”

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted June 23, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Congrats on moving to a new place with a bigger kitchen!! And these popsicles sound absolutely lovely for summer. I pretty much adore strawberry banana EVERYTHING so they are right up my alley. 😀

Megan Oposted June 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Yay! Welcome home 🙂 We only live 40 mins from Philly!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:24 am

Sweet! I’ll have some book signings in the area – I’ll keep the blog updated with the locations and dates!

Caleyposted June 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Congratulations on the house! Moving can be so stressful, but I hope you enjoy the change 🙂 These popsicles look amazing, and I love the idea of using pineapple juice! The other day I bought some popsicles that were *supposedly* pineapple lemon, and they tasted like NOTHING! So mad. So these are just what I need 😀

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:23 am

Pineapple lemon does sound pretty good though! Maybe you can try a homemade version since you were disappointed Caley!

Kate @ Diethoodposted June 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Congrats on the move!! Philly is beautiful!! Sorry about the props, though… goodness, that was me back in December. SO.not.fun!

And the popsicles?! Ohmahgosh! Beautiful color and of course delicious! Bananas and strawberries are total besties. Always!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:20 am

I’m glad you know what I’m talking about Kate – what a nightmare!!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted June 23, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Oh my goodness Sally, that’s so exciting about moving!! Especially to a house instead of an apartment. To have space to spread out, not share walls with 3 other neighbors, have a yard for Jude… I’m so happy for you!! 🙂 We’re going to go through a similar process at the end of August, and I’m dreading packing up my kitchen and food blog stuff. It’ll be sad not to be able to use it for a while! And these popsicles… Ohmygosh, I’d definitely eat all 6 in one day. It’s always between 95-110° here during the summer, so popsicles are a necessity to stay cool and sane!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:19 am

Thanks Amy! Packing has been an absolute nightmare but it will all be worth it when I have a kitchen that is actually a “room” and not just a hallway, which is sort of what mine is now. It is SO small. Looking forward to that yard for Jude too – you are so sweet. Good luck with your big move this summer! Stay cool.

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’m so excited for your bigger kitchen Sally! Even though we live in a house, ours is about the size of a hallway too. There isn’t room for a proper pantry, so all of my baking supplies are on a shelf in the dining area. I’m sure you can relate! 😉

Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat.posted June 23, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love this!! I can’t wait to make these for my picky 5 year daughter. She loves Popsicles, so how could she not love these?!

Cathyposted June 24, 2014 at 2:27 am

I can’t wait to try this! I’ve always been intimidated to make popsicles, but this seems so easy! Thanks for including the link to the mold too!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:17 am

Don’t be intimidated! These have to be the easiest thing in the world. Hardly any work involved. Enjoy!

Melposted June 24, 2014 at 6:00 am

These look divine, Sally! It is rather rare for me to find recipes I can make without having to change something or other for my toddler who is allergic to … well… everything! I can make these for her and I am sure her big brother and sister (and me!) will try them as well! Thanks for sharing yet another yummy recipe. Congratulations to Kevin for the new job, and how exciting you have found a house you like!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thanks for all the kind words Mel! I’m glad this recipe works for your children – and you! Enjoy.

beckyposted June 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Wow! I have been craving some homemade healthy popsicles and these look to die for! Recipe definitely saved. Brilliant post ^_^

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted June 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Oh my gosh I saved packing my kitchen for last. Mostly because I was still cooking up until nearly my move-out date but also because there was so much stuff! Loving these popsicles btw.

• Sallyreplied on June 26th, 2014 at 11:02 am

Soooo much stuff. This kitchen (even though it is extremely teeny tiny) will take me over a week to pack. Maybe I’m slow. Haha I just hate packing. Thanks Erin, you have to try these!

Annie @ Annie's Nomsposted June 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Yay to moving to a place with a bigger kitchen! I constantly find myself out of space and my ever increasing stash of food props and baking tins is slowly taking over the rest of the house! These look delicious, you totally got me started on freezing banana last year, been obsessed with healthy milkshakes ever since, now I need to break out my popsicle mold!

• Sallyreplied on June 27th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Yeah! You’ll soon be addicted to popsicle making, Annie. Truuuuust me.

Suzannahposted June 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Gonna try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. You can get nice popsicle molds much more reasonably priced at any “dollar” store as well. Better yet – buy a small bag of popsicle sticks at a craft store and re-use your yogurt cups for the molds.

Del's cooking twistposted June 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Hi Sally! I’m catching up with your last recipes and this one is a beautiful one for this Summer. It looks both very refreshing and healthy. And I adore the lovely pink color! I’m also glad to read you’re moving in a house by the way. What a year for you: between the cookbook release, the wedding and now moving in a house, wow! Enjoy and keep up the very good work, we love you as you are!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:41 am

Del, what a sweet comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to say all these thoughtful things! I’m very excited about a house too – no more teeny tiny apartment! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. 🙂

Austriaposted June 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

I made these popsicles last week. They were super easy to make! I used orange juice since i don’t do pineapple & maybe had too many strawberries (mine weren’t large) so i had to add an extra 1/2 of a banana. Just ate one yesterday & they are fantastic! Will definitely make again. Looking forward to other flavors perhaps…..? Good luck with the packing & the moving!

Elizabethposted July 1, 2014 at 10:50 am

Made these on Sunday and we had them last night for dessert. My daughters loved them! And so did the grown ups! This is a keeper for sure.

Melposted July 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I made these for my children last week pretty much straight after reading your post. We didn’t have pineapple juice at home so we went for orange juice, and these easy / quick treats were a hit with them all! Mel

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Mel! So glad you’re enjoying them.

Serenaposted July 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Yay no more buying expensive (unhealthy) pops from seven-eleven everyday…
    Living in Malaysia is sure damn hot =P

jeff barbieriposted April 18, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Hi. Was wondering why freeze the bananas ahead of time?

Daisyposted May 22, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Could I make this using the Zoku machine?

Maureenposted May 24, 2015 at 10:57 pm

OMG those look so yummy!!!!
    Just wondering if u could use frozen strawberries thawed & drained instead of real strawberries.  The frozen ones might be cheaper & make more than 6 Popsicles I’m guessing.?

• Sallyreplied on May 25th, 2015 at 9:50 am

Maureen, frozen thawed drained strawberries will work here!

Traceyposted June 10, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Would using mostly water with a zing of lime juice would work as well as the juice? Just trying to remove some of the added juice sugar…

• Sallyreplied on June 10th, 2015 at 4:19 pm

You could certainly try that!

Neev Moyalposted June 30, 2015 at 7:49 am

Just made them! theyre so simple and delicious i wanted to eat the whole thing before they were even frozen hahaha. thank you!

Jessicaposted July 28, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Could you use apple juice or almond milk instead???

• Sallyreplied on July 28th, 2015 at 3:48 pm

either work!

Aubreyposted July 31, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Why do you need to pre freeze the bananas?

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2015 at 9:47 am

Freezing then whipping bananas turns them into a silky smooth vanilla tasting ice-cream of sorts. Fantastic as a base for these popsicles.

Rebecca Scottposted August 15, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I found this three ingredient strawberry-banana popsicle recipe and thought perfect! I started looking around, I only had frozen strawberries and bananas…no juice. So I improvised and used original soymilk and agave nectar to sweeten it!! It turned out incredible! It’s ultra creamy and sweet, full of flavor! Simple is better.

Candiceposted February 13, 2016 at 6:19 am

Hi Sally, i am gonna try these but wanted to know if i could use a couple fresh pineapple slices instead of the juice? would that b ok?

and thanks for the recipes … been back here a few times using recipes that are healthy and yummy and family pleasing 🙂

• Sallyreplied on February 13th, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I can’t see why not because the pineapples will let out so much juice when blended. You might need to add a little water to thin the mixture out. Let me know how they turn out.

Linda-Hposted April 7, 2016 at 9:59 am

This recipe is a keeper! Our strawberries in April are not quite ripe and sweet yet, so I added some honey to the listed ingredients. We all loved it; thank you!

Micheleposted May 11, 2016 at 6:10 pm

These look sooo good. Gonna try these,it’s getting hot here☀️

Jeannieposted June 1, 2016 at 11:34 am

Hello, thanks for sharing! I mentioned this post in my blog, check it out and let me know what you think. 🙂

• Sallyreplied on June 2nd, 2016 at 6:26 am

Thanks for the feature and I love the bucket list– especially that road trip!

Dorindaposted June 6, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Hey there! I found your recipe on Pinterest and decided it was the very first one I was going to try with the new Popsicle molds I just bought to help keep our summer cool and tasty. 🙂 Thanks for sharing and I look forward to trying other recipes from your site! Blessings.

Bettinaposted June 16, 2016 at 8:04 am

I love the look of your blog!  Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will pin this and make them this afternoon for my ice lolly loving 8 year old.  We live in the French Alps and summer has not quite hit us yet but it will any minute, so we will be prepared with lots of frozen ice lolly treats in the freezer.  Now summer had better hurry up or they may all be gone by the time it arrives 🙂

Delaneyposted June 30, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Girl…you weren’t kidding about these being obnoxiously pink! So fabulous.

Leahposted July 11, 2016 at 7:18 pm

These look great! Can I use frozen strawberries? I have two bags in the freezer and don’t know what to do with them!

• Sallyreplied on July 11th, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Frozen thawed & drained strawberries will work here!

Allyposted July 13, 2016 at 10:48 am

Sally, I so much enjoy your blog, recipes, and pictures! Happy news for your family. This recipe will be fun to make with my Grand’s! Thanks a lot!

Abby Fossposted July 26, 2016 at 2:17 am

Wow. This looks so goooood!! I’m definitely going to make these! 🙂 Thanks for creating this glorious piece of goodness!

Oh, we featured your recipe in our ultimate popsicle collection article so our readers can try this awesome dessert, too!