3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.

No added sugars or fake stuff - only 3 delicious ingredients to make these healthy, fruity popsicles!

How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do?

While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)

If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.

Yep, we are officially moving! Kevin got a new job in Philadelphia and we found an adorable house. I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet and to move back to where I was born and raised. Though I’ll miss you charm city!

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!

Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.

Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.

Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.

Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.

You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.

I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.

Yup yup, that’s it.

Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.

Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.

3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles

Yield: 6 popsicles

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes

• 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)

Special Equipment

1. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
  2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
  3. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!

1. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.

Two more healthy treats to try…

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

90 Calorie Strawberry Banana Muffins

Strawberry Banana Muffin-2

See more gluten free recipes.

See more vegan recipes.

See more frozen treats.

105 Responses to “3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.”

Annie @ Annie's Nomsposted June 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Yay to moving to a place with a bigger kitchen! I constantly find myself out of space and my ever increasing stash of food props and baking tins is slowly taking over the rest of the house! These look delicious, you totally got me started on freezing banana last year, been obsessed with healthy milkshakes ever since, now I need to break out my popsicle mold!

• Sallyreplied on June 27th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Yeah! You’ll soon be addicted to popsicle making, Annie. Truuuuust me.

Suzannahposted June 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Gonna try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. You can get nice popsicle molds much more reasonably priced at any “dollar” store as well. Better yet – buy a small bag of popsicle sticks at a craft store and re-use your yogurt cups for the molds.

Del's cooking twistposted June 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Hi Sally! I’m catching up with your last recipes and this one is a beautiful one for this Summer. It looks both very refreshing and healthy. And I adore the lovely pink color! I’m also glad to read you’re moving in a house by the way. What a year for you: between the cookbook release, the wedding and now moving in a house, wow! Enjoy and keep up the very good work, we love you as you are!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:41 am

Del, what a sweet comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to say all these thoughtful things! I’m very excited about a house too – no more teeny tiny apartment! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. :)

Austriaposted June 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

I made these popsicles last week. They were super easy to make! I used orange juice since i don’t do pineapple & maybe had too many strawberries (mine weren’t large) so i had to add an extra 1/2 of a banana. Just ate one yesterday & they are fantastic! Will definitely make again. Looking forward to other flavors perhaps…..? Good luck with the packing & the moving!

Elizabethposted July 1, 2014 at 10:50 am

Made these on Sunday and we had them last night for dessert. My daughters loved them! And so did the grown ups! This is a keeper for sure.

Melposted July 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I made these for my children last week pretty much straight after reading your post. We didn’t have pineapple juice at home so we went for orange juice, and these easy / quick treats were a hit with them all! Mel

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Mel! So glad you’re enjoying them.

Serenaposted July 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Yay no more buying expensive (unhealthy) pops from seven-eleven everyday…
    Living in Malaysia is sure damn hot =P

jeff barbieriposted April 18, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Hi. Was wondering why freeze the bananas ahead of time?

Daisyposted May 22, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Could I make this using the Zoku machine?

Maureenposted May 24, 2015 at 10:57 pm

OMG those look so yummy!!!!
    Just wondering if u could use frozen strawberries thawed & drained instead of real strawberries.  The frozen ones might be cheaper & make more than 6 Popsicles I’m guessing.?

• Sallyreplied on May 25th, 2015 at 9:50 am

Maureen, frozen thawed drained strawberries will work here!

Traceyposted June 10, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Would using mostly water with a zing of lime juice would work as well as the juice? Just trying to remove some of the added juice sugar…

• Sallyreplied on June 10th, 2015 at 4:19 pm

You could certainly try that!

Neev Moyalposted June 30, 2015 at 7:49 am

Just made them! theyre so simple and delicious i wanted to eat the whole thing before they were even frozen hahaha. thank you!

Jessicaposted July 28, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Could you use apple juice or almond milk instead???

• Sallyreplied on July 28th, 2015 at 3:48 pm

either work!

Aubreyposted July 31, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Why do you need to pre freeze the bananas?

• Sallyreplied on August 1st, 2015 at 9:47 am

Freezing then whipping bananas turns them into a silky smooth vanilla tasting ice-cream of sorts. Fantastic as a base for these popsicles.

Rebecca Scottposted August 15, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I found this three ingredient strawberry-banana popsicle recipe and thought perfect! I started looking around, I only had frozen strawberries and bananas…no juice. So I improvised and used original soymilk and agave nectar to sweeten it!! It turned out incredible! It’s ultra creamy and sweet, full of flavor! Simple is better.