3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.
Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.
How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do? ☀
While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)
If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.
Yep, we are officially moving! Kevin got a new job in Philadelphia and we found an adorable house. I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet and to move back to where I was born and raised. Though I’ll miss you charm city!
Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.
Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.
Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.
Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.
You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.
I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.
Yup yup, that’s it.
Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.
Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.
3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Yield: 6 popsicles
Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- Popsicle mold (here is the one I own)
- Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
- Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.
© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Two more healthy treats to try…
See more gluten free recipes.
See more vegan recipes.
See more frozen treats.