3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.

No added sugars or fake stuff - only 3 delicious ingredients to make these healthy, fruity popsicles!

How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do?

While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)

If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.

Yep, we are officially moving! Kevin got a new job in Philadelphia and we found an adorable house. I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet and to move back to where I was born and raised. Though I’ll miss you charm city!

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!

Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.

Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.

Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.

Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.

You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.

I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.

Yup yup, that’s it.

Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.

Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.

PrintPrint

3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles

Yield: 6 popsicles

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)

Directions:

Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.

Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.

Run popsicle molds under hot water to remove easily.

*Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you may add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.

Two more healthy treats to try…

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

90 Calorie Strawberry Banana Muffins

Strawberry Banana Muffin-2

See more gluten free recipes.

See more vegan recipes.

See more frozen treats.

3 Ingredient Healthy Banana Strawberry Popsicles

93 Responses to “3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.”

Lesleyposted June 22, 2014 at 8:27 pm

You’re moving, congrats! Where in Philadelphia are you guys headed? I hope you have some book signings around this area. :)

• Sallyreplied on June 22nd, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Thanks Lesley! We’ll be about 10 minutes from the city. And I certainly will have some book signings in the area – probably after our wedding in September.

mjposted June 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Oh, these look heavenly, especially with summer here, perfect for those hot summer days. And I love the strawberry and banana smoothie, I love those to combos. I can hardly wait to try these!
    Congrats on moving! I hope you get settled quickly and have fun decorating your new home!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:51 am

Thanks MJ! Decorating the home is the 1 part I actually AM looking forward to! Though I’m having a hard time stopping myself from going crazy at the store!

Stephposted June 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

These look absolutely delicious… I love strawberries!
    I can’t wait to see more cookie recipes…

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:51 am

I have a crazy cookie recipe coming this week, actually! Thanks Steph.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugarposted June 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I love the look of these pops! So yummy and easy :)

Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Lifeposted June 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm

So does this mean that technically I could have a popsicle for breakfast since it’s really just a frozen smoothie….
    Even though we are in winter’s grip here I think I might have to invest in a popsicle mold and give these delights a try.
    Good luck with packing Sally. We aren’t moving until next year, but I think I might start now…

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:50 am

Popsicles for breakfast… I like where your head is at. ;)

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted June 22, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Congrats on your big move, Sally! That is awesome and so happy for you that you’ll be closer to your family and that Kevin found a job and that you’re going to be in a house, not an apt. That is all such great news!

And these popsicles look great. EVERY TIME I make popsicles, it’s on the hottest day of the year and they melt before I can even really shoot them and I end up not using the post. Love how in-tact and totally not melted these stayed! Pinned

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:50 am

Thanks for the congrats, Averie. :) You know all too well that shooting popsicles is as hard as (actually, harder!!) than shooting melting chocolate candy and orange cheese!

Hayleyposted June 22, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Congratulations on your move! Moving is always really exciting and full of new experiences. I love all the ingredients in this recipe (of COURSE I do, it’s FRUIT) but I don’t have Popsicle molds so I look forward to trying to make these in a large ice cube tray!

Medha @ Whisk & Shoutposted June 22, 2014 at 10:35 pm

So simple and bright! I’m gonna have to try this with mango juice :)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:48 am

mmm… great idea!

Ashtonposted June 22, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Oh my goodness! Congratulations on the move and everything!!!! What an exciting time for you guys! And these pops look superb. Will be making STAT!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:47 am

Thanks for the congrats and all the support, Ashton!! You will LOVE these. I hope you enjoyed the quinoa salad!

Matt Robinsonposted June 23, 2014 at 12:26 am

These look incredible and so easy to make. Perfect for every summer day!

Jessica @ Sweet Menuposted June 23, 2014 at 1:35 am

Wow I can’t believe that’s all there is to them – they look divine! And I love the colour!

Mirposted June 23, 2014 at 6:00 am

It’s so hard not to buy all the lovely kitchen gadgets! I swore I was gonna use that electric fondue maker more!
    Good luck with packing it all…
    These look amazing! Could I add a teeny splash of lime juice for that zing? I love the pink! And the pineapple juice is inspired!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:43 am

Ok now that you mention an electric fondue maker, I want one! It’s an addiction. Lime juice is a great, flavorful addition Mir. Enjoy!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitnessposted June 23, 2014 at 6:07 am

I literally JUST bought popsicle molds and my first popsicles..and now I want popsicles for every meal! These look perfect, and such a pretty color! Pinned!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:41 am

How perfect – I can’t wait to see new popsicle recipes for you Taylor. Yum!

Chloe @ foodlikecakeposted June 23, 2014 at 6:41 am

These look so good! And so pretty!

Laura @ Raise Your Gardenposted June 23, 2014 at 7:35 am

3 ingredients and none of the fake, phony ingredients!

Bless you Sally. No guilt in serving these up to the kids. Thanks!!!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:40 am

Yes – 3 real ingredients. I read the ingredients in “healthy” store bought popsicles the other day and was shocked!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spiceposted June 23, 2014 at 7:57 am

What a great treat for the summer! I just bought some popsicle molds a few weeks ago and made some over the weekend. Love how easy it is. This recipe looks delish…definitely trying this out!

Erinposted June 23, 2014 at 7:57 am

These look so tasty!!! You can definitely experiment with the flavors too – mango, blueberry, coconut :)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Love the way you think Er! mmm… coconut.

Lynnposted June 23, 2014 at 8:38 am

Yum! And I totally have that “eat, drink, bake” spatula. It’s one of my fav! Such a sturdy handle! Hahaha. I’m so glad you’ll be closer to Philly! Good luck packing… It’s seriously THE. WORST. I’d honestly rather go to the gynecologist…

Ali | Gimme Some Ovenposted June 23, 2014 at 8:47 am

Congrats on your upcoming move! (And upcoming bigger kitchen – whoo!) These popsicles look perfect as well. Love those simple, healthy ingredients!

Layla @ Brunch Time Bakerposted June 23, 2014 at 9:02 am

OMG congrats on the move!! I’m currently living in Philly and it’s awesome! If you need help getting adjust or want me to introduce you to all my fave spots please let me know!

Barbaraposted June 23, 2014 at 9:10 am

Can’t wait for you to move to Philly because I am hoping you will have some book signings :) It is a great area and I’d be happy to give you any suggestions/help if you have questions, although I know you are quite familiar with the area already :) :)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I will! Stay tuned, Barbara – I’ll be sure to update the blog with my signings in the Philly area.

Olivia - Primavera Kitchenposted June 23, 2014 at 9:20 am

Sally, congratulation on moving! I hope you have so much fun decorating your home! Glad Kevin found a job and you will have a bigger kitchen.
    Love your healthy summer treat. I also love you didn’t add sugar. Fruits are sweet enough. I definitely have to buy popsicle molds ;-)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Olivia, I couldn’t agree more – summer strawberries are so sweet already – not to mention the pineapple juice!

Rosetta Milneposted June 23, 2014 at 9:21 am

Congratulations on the move and getting to go back home.. Now if you could possibly move to Melbourne, Australia and come and bake for me everyday that would be greatly appreciated :)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Haha. Rosetta, I would love to visit Australia one day – I’ve never been there!

• Rosetta Milnereplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Welcome anytime :) Plenty of sprinkles to be purchased :)

Dawnposted June 23, 2014 at 9:29 am

Our almost 4 yo grand son planted his first strawberry patch this year. These two recipes will be so easy to make with mommy. Thank you n Blessings..Dawn
    PS: blessings to you both in your new home n ventures

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:56 pm

So sweet about your grandson, Dawn. Hope they enjoy my recipes! Thanks for the kind words.

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapronposted June 23, 2014 at 9:50 am

Pretty much I love everything about this post! The ridiculous amount of pink is my favorite :) Three ingredient, healthy, and super easy? totally on board! Pinned :) Hope you had a great weekend Sally!

Anne-Marieposted June 23, 2014 at 9:52 am

Congratulations! I feel your pain for packing up a kitchen with way too many “accessories!” – we bought our house last year and had to pack and move during the hottest week. I packed the house up in a weekend (and took part in the Race for Life 5k run for Cancer Research UK). Believe me, it will all be worth it when you are in your lovely new (bigger!) kitchen baking up a storm!

Love the healthy popsicle recipe – thanks! I’ve just been to the store and bought strawberries and bananas – it must be fate!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:55 pm

It is fate! You have to make these as soon as you can, Anne-Marie. Wow, I am very impressed that you packed up your entire lives in 1 weekend! I feel like this will take me a few weeks! Clearly I’m doing something wrong. Thanks for the kind words!

Sarah @ Sarah's Bake Studioposted June 23, 2014 at 10:24 am

Mmm…looks delicious and refreshing.

Sam @ Baking Made Easyposted June 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

This wonderful! is simple & easy! love it!

Melanie @ Bon Appét'Eatposted June 23, 2014 at 10:44 am

How about dipping the tip or half in some chocolate? I know my sweet tooth talking :) but a little less healthy but who does not want chocolate?

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Yum! Yep, I can see that working.

Debbi Carrollposted June 23, 2014 at 10:47 am

Congratulations on your big move, Kevin’s new job and your new house! What a year you are having! I feel your “packing” pain!
    Hubby & I are on the road and almost to our California destination with our son, daughter-in-law and grandbabies!

But first, a three day vaca in Las Vegas by the pool with margaritas!

I don’t know where our “stuff” is in this country as it’s being shipped and right now, I don’t care!

Driving across these beautiful unites States of America is an incredible experience….those of you who live in Colorado, you are blessed…it’s stunning!

Can’t wait to make these healthy and delicious looking pops for the grands!

Debbi

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Isn’t Colorado the best?! Kevin used to live there and I would LOVE to live there with him one day. Enjoy vegas! I am extremely jealous of pool and margarita time, Debbi. You deserve it after packing up your entire life. Thanks for the kind words!

Laurposted June 23, 2014 at 10:49 am

Congrats on finding a house!!! And welcome home ;o)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted June 23, 2014 at 11:07 am

Can’t beat three ingredient popsicles that are made in the blender and in seconds! I have a feeling this will be a new summertime staple around my house :) and speaking of houses, congratulations on finding one in Philly! I wish I was there to help you pack all those props (since alas, I know the feeling ALL too well!) ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Haha I know you know the feeling Hayley! With each new box I fill, I continue to ask myself WHY did I need this 7th white plate? Or these 6 different glasses that actually look exactly the same that I have never used in food photography.

Beth @ bethcakesposted June 23, 2014 at 11:12 am

Ahh, I love these! I have been wanting to make popsicles of every flavor recently. This is such a good flavor combination, and I especially love the pineapple juice in there. It could also be fun to add a little rum. ;) And who could turn down a perfectly pink popsicle like this! So pretty!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:50 pm

RUM! I knew I loved ya for a reason, Beth.

Anna (Hidden Ponies)posted June 23, 2014 at 11:34 am

Wow, how exciting!! (except for the packing part :) ) These popsicles are perfect for summer, I love having an excuse to pull out my popsicle molds regularly!

Lynn Bradshawposted June 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I have the same spatula you do !! The pink one that says eat,drink, bake!! I saw in in your photo.

Nora (A Clean Bake)posted June 23, 2014 at 1:04 pm

This is such a great, versatile recipe! I am going to try it with raspberries instead of strawberries, since that is what I have on hand. I love that it is refined-sugar-free, but still sweet, rich and creamy. The banana is a perfect addition!

Micheleposted June 23, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I made these popsicles for my 18 month old daughter and she absolutely loves them! My husband also loves them and he isn’t a big sweets person and he requested that these become a staple in our house for the summer!

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I’m glad you already tried them! Thanks for reporting back Michele.

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted June 23, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Eek! So exciting! Hope you will share photos of your new home, Sally!
    And how fun are these! Love the color and how easy these pops are! Sharing!

Danaposted June 23, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Wow Sally these look great! I keep getting sick from eating ice cream, and I looked on the ingredient list and was horrified with all the chemicals. It looked like it had as chemicals as paint! This is a perfect substitute- thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to make this soon! :)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thanks Dana! Hope you enjoy.

Mary Francesposted June 23, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Haha, LOVE the bonus #2! These have an awesome color and I love how easy and healthy they are. Oh girl, I’d rather not think about how many plates I have in varying shades of pink. It is a problem ;)

• Sallyreplied on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a pink plate problem lol.

Jess @ On Sugar Mountainposted June 23, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Congrats on moving to a new place with a bigger kitchen!! And these popsicles sound absolutely lovely for summer. I pretty much adore strawberry banana EVERYTHING so they are right up my alley. :D

Megan Oposted June 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Yay! Welcome home :) We only live 40 mins from Philly!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:24 am

Sweet! I’ll have some book signings in the area – I’ll keep the blog updated with the locations and dates!

Caleyposted June 23, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Congratulations on the house! Moving can be so stressful, but I hope you enjoy the change :) These popsicles look amazing, and I love the idea of using pineapple juice! The other day I bought some popsicles that were *supposedly* pineapple lemon, and they tasted like NOTHING! So mad. So these are just what I need :D

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:23 am

Pineapple lemon does sound pretty good though! Maybe you can try a homemade version since you were disappointed Caley!

Kate @ Diethoodposted June 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Congrats on the move!! Philly is beautiful!! Sorry about the props, though… goodness, that was me back in December. SO.not.fun!

And the popsicles?! Ohmahgosh! Beautiful color and of course delicious! Bananas and strawberries are total besties. Always!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:20 am

I’m glad you know what I’m talking about Kate – what a nightmare!!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted June 23, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Oh my goodness Sally, that’s so exciting about moving!! Especially to a house instead of an apartment. To have space to spread out, not share walls with 3 other neighbors, have a yard for Jude… I’m so happy for you!! :) We’re going to go through a similar process at the end of August, and I’m dreading packing up my kitchen and food blog stuff. It’ll be sad not to be able to use it for a while! And these popsicles… Ohmygosh, I’d definitely eat all 6 in one day. It’s always between 95-110° here during the summer, so popsicles are a necessity to stay cool and sane!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:19 am

Thanks Amy! Packing has been an absolute nightmare but it will all be worth it when I have a kitchen that is actually a “room” and not just a hallway, which is sort of what mine is now. It is SO small. Looking forward to that yard for Jude too – you are so sweet. Good luck with your big move this summer! Stay cool.

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’m so excited for your bigger kitchen Sally! Even though we live in a house, ours is about the size of a hallway too. There isn’t room for a proper pantry, so all of my baking supplies are on a shelf in the dining area. I’m sure you can relate! ;)

Shannon @ Bake.Frost.Repeat.posted June 23, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I love this!! I can’t wait to make these for my picky 5 year daughter. She loves Popsicles, so how could she not love these?!

Cathyposted June 24, 2014 at 2:27 am

I can’t wait to try this! I’ve always been intimidated to make popsicles, but this seems so easy! Thanks for including the link to the mold too!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:17 am

Don’t be intimidated! These have to be the easiest thing in the world. Hardly any work involved. Enjoy!

Melposted June 24, 2014 at 6:00 am

These look divine, Sally! It is rather rare for me to find recipes I can make without having to change something or other for my toddler who is allergic to … well… everything! I can make these for her and I am sure her big brother and sister (and me!) will try them as well! Thanks for sharing yet another yummy recipe. Congratulations to Kevin for the new job, and how exciting you have found a house you like!

• Sallyreplied on June 24th, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thanks for all the kind words Mel! I’m glad this recipe works for your children – and you! Enjoy.

beckyposted June 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Wow! I have been craving some homemade healthy popsicles and these look to die for! Recipe definitely saved. Brilliant post ^_^

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookieposted June 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Oh my gosh I saved packing my kitchen for last. Mostly because I was still cooking up until nearly my move-out date but also because there was so much stuff! Loving these popsicles btw.

• Sallyreplied on June 26th, 2014 at 11:02 am

Soooo much stuff. This kitchen (even though it is extremely teeny tiny) will take me over a week to pack. Maybe I’m slow. Haha I just hate packing. Thanks Erin, you have to try these!

Annie @ Annie's Nomsposted June 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Yay to moving to a place with a bigger kitchen! I constantly find myself out of space and my ever increasing stash of food props and baking tins is slowly taking over the rest of the house! These look delicious, you totally got me started on freezing banana last year, been obsessed with healthy milkshakes ever since, now I need to break out my popsicle mold!

• Sallyreplied on June 27th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Yeah! You’ll soon be addicted to popsicle making, Annie. Truuuuust me.

Suzannahposted June 28, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Gonna try this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. You can get nice popsicle molds much more reasonably priced at any “dollar” store as well. Better yet – buy a small bag of popsicle sticks at a craft store and re-use your yogurt cups for the molds.

Del's cooking twistposted June 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Hi Sally! I’m catching up with your last recipes and this one is a beautiful one for this Summer. It looks both very refreshing and healthy. And I adore the lovely pink color! I’m also glad to read you’re moving in a house by the way. What a year for you: between the cookbook release, the wedding and now moving in a house, wow! Enjoy and keep up the very good work, we love you as you are!

• Sallyreplied on June 29th, 2014 at 7:41 am

Del, what a sweet comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to say all these thoughtful things! I’m very excited about a house too – no more teeny tiny apartment! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. :)

Austriaposted June 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

I made these popsicles last week. They were super easy to make! I used orange juice since i don’t do pineapple & maybe had too many strawberries (mine weren’t large) so i had to add an extra 1/2 of a banana. Just ate one yesterday & they are fantastic! Will definitely make again. Looking forward to other flavors perhaps…..? Good luck with the packing & the moving!

Elizabethposted July 1, 2014 at 10:50 am

Made these on Sunday and we had them last night for dessert. My daughters loved them! And so did the grown ups! This is a keeper for sure.

Melposted July 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I made these for my children last week pretty much straight after reading your post. We didn’t have pineapple juice at home so we went for orange juice, and these easy / quick treats were a hit with them all! Mel

• Sallyreplied on July 5th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Mel! So glad you’re enjoying them.

Serenaposted July 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Yay no more buying expensive (unhealthy) pops from seven-eleven everyday…
    Living in Malaysia is sure damn hot =P