Make my glowing skin smoothie next.
My favorite “eat clean” detox smoothie. Rejuvenating, full of vitamins, fruits, protein packed yogurt, and spinach.
I just got back from a girls weekend at the beach. It was such a blast celebrating my friend Nina’s bachelorette. There were 20 of us in a gorgeous house (that had TWO kitchens!) in Dewey Beach, DE. Beautiful sunny weather, dancing, cocktails, loud music, and a lot more dancing.
Back to reality today. Sigh.
Today I’m sharing a smoothie recipe that I make all of the time. It’s my go-to smoothie that I whip up after a sweaty workout or a few days of too much sugar and greasy food. Packed with summer fruits, yogurt, and a handful of spinach to get my veggies in.
And no, this smoothie does NOT taste like spinach. You can’t taste the green veggie at all.
I call it my detox smoothie. Nourishing, neutralizing, detoxifying, and antioxidant-packed. It’s my favorite way to give my body a break from chemicals and preservatives. And it’s even tastier than it looks, I promise.
The recipe is very forgiving. I like to mix and match different fruits that I have on hand like peaches, mangoes, pineapples, and blueberries. Sometimes I use spinach, sometimes I use kale. Today’s vibrant green smoothie is made from frozen banana, Greek yogurt, almond milk, spinach, peach, pineapple, and a squirt of fresh lime juice. The frozen banana and Greek yogurt make it infinitely creamy. The spinach adds nutrients and volume without affecting the taste. The fruits add flavor and the almond milk makes everything nice and smooth in your blender.
Why I love adding spinach to my smoothies:
Low calorie, nutrient dense, readily available, loaded with flavonoids, heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory, excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, magnesium, folate, iron, and about 1 million other things.
Sometimes I like to add fresh peeled ginger (to taste) if I have it on hand. Or I add 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 small chopped and peeled cucumber.
Kevin, who thinks my glasses of green smoothies are crazy, LOVES these smoothies. I usually have to make a second detox smoothie if he’s around because he likes to drink all of mine. That guy.
Colorful straws are from Sweets and Treats Boutique.
Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥
More smoothies to sip on:
- Ginger green citrus smoothie
- Glowing skin smoothie
- Raspberry mango tango smoothie
- Berry purple power smoothie
- Tropikale energy smoothie
- Hawaiian piña colada smoothie
- Sunshine smoothie
- Orange creamsicle smoothie
- Superfood power smoothie
Feel free to replace peach and pineapple with different fruits like mangoes, blueberries, or strawberries. Use kale instead of spinach and/or add 1 small peeled and chopped cucumber. Mix and match with your favorites. Add protein powder if desired. Add peeled fresh ginger or fresh lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- 1 frozen sliced very ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk such as skim, 1%, soy, cashew, coconut, etc)
- 1 and 1/4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt - plain or flavor of your choice)
- 1 - 2 cups fresh spinach
- Juice + zest of 1 lime, optional (great flavor!)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Serve and enjoy. Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8-10 hours.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.
Here are some more of my favorite ways to eat healthier:
Healthy Chocolate Truffles (gluten free, vegan, no refined sugar)
Skinny Strawberry Milkshakes (vegan, gluten free, no refined sugar, 3 ingredients)
Gluten Free Fudge No-Bake Cookies (gluten free, no refined sugar)
This post contains affiliate links.
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.