3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. You’ll crave them all summer long.

No added sugars or fake stuff - only 3 delicious ingredients to make these healthy, fruity popsicles!

How was your first official weekend of summer? What did you do?

While Kevin was at the beach with his friends doing normal summer things like riding jet skis and drinking orange crushes, I was slowly packing all 15,983 fragile food props that I own. (And simultaneously regretting buying every-single-one.)

If that sounds like a nightmare to you… it was.

Yep, we are officially moving! I am thrilled to finally work in a kitchen larger than a small closet.

Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!

Alright, let me present you my new favorite snack. These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temps rise. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and go get yourself an ice pop mold.

Bonus: only 3 ingredients needed to make them!! Music to my ears.

Bonus #2: they’re obnoxiously PINK.

Here is the popsicle mold that I own. Durable, inexpensive, and dish-washer safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (or similar brands) at Target, Walmart, William’s Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you’ve tried my skinny strawberry banana milkshakes, chances are you loved them. These pretty-in-pink popsicles are similar in both fruity taste and creamy texture.

You only need 3 healthy ingredients to get the job done – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. My favorite juice to use for these fruity pops is pineapple juice; it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy bananas to make a tropical tasting pop. Alternatively, you could use freshly squeezed orange juice.

I like to use a frozen banana because it gives the popsicles an unbelievably creamy texture, without the need of high-fat dairy. Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze. Blend with 12 large strawberries, a little juice, pour into ice pop molds and freeze.

Yup yup, that’s it.

Because it’s me, I accidentally made these pops on the hottest day of the week. And it was unbelievably hard to stop myself from eating ALL six popsicles before I shot this post.

Clean eating popsicles that kids (and you!) will love. And you can actually feel good about eating them. Uh, all 6 of them. I’m not judging.

3 Ingredient Strawberry Banana Popsicles

Ingredients:

• 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
  • 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)

Special Equipment

Directions:

1. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth - about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
  2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight - overnight is recommended for easy removal.
  3. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes:

1. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn't need additional sweetener.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Try my Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes next!

Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshake

See more gluten free recipes.

See more vegan recipes.

See more frozen treats.

Comments

1. Tracey on June 10, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Would using mostly water with a zing of lime juice would work as well as the juice? Just trying to remove some of the added juice sugar…

• Sally on June 10, 2015 at 4:19 pm

You could certainly try that!

2. Neev Moyal on June 30, 2015 at 7:49 am

Just made them! theyre so simple and delicious i wanted to eat the whole thing before they were even frozen hahaha. thank you!

3. Jessica on July 28, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Could you use apple juice or almond milk instead???

• Sally on July 28, 2015 at 3:48 pm

either work!

4. Aubrey on July 31, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Why do you need to pre freeze the bananas?

• Sally on August 1, 2015 at 9:47 am

Freezing then whipping bananas turns them into a silky smooth vanilla tasting ice-cream of sorts. Fantastic as a base for these popsicles.

5. Rebecca Scott on August 15, 2015 at 6:47 pm

I found this three ingredient strawberry-banana popsicle recipe and thought perfect! I started looking around, I only had frozen strawberries and bananas…no juice. So I improvised and used original soymilk and agave nectar to sweeten it!! It turned out incredible! It’s ultra creamy and sweet, full of flavor! Simple is better.

6. Candice on February 13, 2016 at 6:19 am

Hi Sally, i am gonna try these but wanted to know if i could use a couple fresh pineapple slices instead of the juice? would that b ok?

and thanks for the recipes … been back here a few times using recipes that are healthy and yummy and family pleasing 🙂

• Sally on February 13, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I can’t see why not because the pineapples will let out so much juice when blended. You might need to add a little water to thin the mixture out. Let me know how they turn out.

7. Linda-H on April 7, 2016 at 9:59 am

This recipe is a keeper! Our strawberries in April are not quite ripe and sweet yet, so I added some honey to the listed ingredients. We all loved it; thank you!

8. Michele on May 11, 2016 at 6:10 pm

These look sooo good. Gonna try these,it’s getting hot here☀️

9. Jeannie on June 1, 2016 at 11:34 am

Hello, thanks for sharing! I mentioned this post in my blog, check it out and let me know what you think. 🙂

• Sally on June 2, 2016 at 6:26 am

Thanks for the feature and I love the bucket list– especially that road trip!

10. Dorinda on June 6, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Hey there! I found your recipe on Pinterest and decided it was the very first one I was going to try with the new Popsicle molds I just bought to help keep our summer cool and tasty. 🙂 Thanks for sharing and I look forward to trying other recipes from your site! Blessings.

11. Bettina on June 16, 2016 at 8:04 am

I love the look of your blog!  Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will pin this and make them this afternoon for my ice lolly loving 8 year old.  We live in the French Alps and summer has not quite hit us yet but it will any minute, so we will be prepared with lots of frozen ice lolly treats in the freezer.  Now summer had better hurry up or they may all be gone by the time it arrives 🙂

12. Delaney on June 30, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Girl…you weren’t kidding about these being obnoxiously pink! So fabulous.

13. Leah on July 11, 2016 at 7:18 pm

These look great! Can I use frozen strawberries? I have two bags in the freezer and don’t know what to do with them!

• Sally on July 11, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Frozen thawed & drained strawberries will work here!

14. Ally on July 13, 2016 at 10:48 am

Sally, I so much enjoy your blog, recipes, and pictures! Happy news for your family. This recipe will be fun to make with my Grand’s! Thanks a lot!

15. Abby Foss on July 26, 2016 at 2:17 am

Wow. This looks so goooood!! I’m definitely going to make these! 🙂 Thanks for creating this glorious piece of goodness!

Oh, we featured your recipe in our ultimate popsicle collection article so our readers can try this awesome dessert, too!

16. Alex on August 9, 2016 at 10:37 am

Is the juice required?

• Sally on August 10, 2016 at 8:36 am

To thin out the very thick mixture, yes.

17. Lance on May 10, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Sally, have you ever tried freeze-dried fruit in a popsicle? They work great in buttercream frosting and I’m curious to try them here. I might have to experiment. What’s the worst that could happen?

• Sally on May 11, 2017 at 8:25 am

I haven’t tried it!

18. Amanda Chenault on June 8, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Hey!! I’m so excited to try this recipe. My daughter was just diagnosed with a dairy allergy so this is perfect. But I am curious, how long do the pops last once made? I’d love to use the recipe for her ball team’s last game but that’s 7 days away and was curious on how soon or far out to make them.

19. Joan on July 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I also added some frozen peaches to this recipe. Kids loved them, me too!

20. Jade on November 9, 2017 at 6:35 am

How many calories are in the popsicles?

21. Michelle on May 1, 2018 at 3:13 am

I had a bunch of frozen raspberries in my freezer from last year so I used your recipe and it turned out great!!

22. Susan on May 22, 2018 at 11:30 pm

And I just totaled it up for one large banana, 12 large strawberries and a half a cup of pineapple juice. Comes up 254 cal divided by six Popsicles equals 42 cal each! Wow that is wonderful

Reviews