3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles.

3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles are definitely your new favorite summer treat! Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com

It’s the return of 3 ingredient popsicles!!

Ladies and gents, it’s been a year since I posted my beloved 3 ingredient strawberry banana popsicles. Since then, I’ve made them about 84,752 times. I know what you’re thinking: you’re exaggerating! that’s a lot of bananas!

And it’s taken me this long to conjure up yet another simple and completely healthy popsicle that is made with little ingredients and flaunts the same highly addictive appeal. May I present you with my swirly blueberry yogurt popsicles!

This recipe came to me one morning as I was eating my snooze-worthy weekday breakfast of Greek yogurt, fruit, granola, and a bucket of coffee. I have the same breakfast nearly everyday during the week because I’m the definition of routine. Are you like that too?!

And I’ve been brainstorming a new popsicle flavor since the weather began warming up. As I took the 5th or 6th bite of my Greek yogurt bowl, I began thinking…

Vanilla Greek Yogurt = good. Blueberries = good. A frozen yogurt popsicle of sorts = goooooooooood. That was pretty much my thought process. A creamy yogurt popsicle filled with sweet blueberries. MUST MAKE NOW.

The first ingredient is, you guessed it, blueberries. Yes, actual fresh fruit! None of that artificially flavored fruit stuff; the real deal. You’re going to blend the blueberries up into a juicy smoothie consistency. Just like this:

How to make 3 ingredient blueberry yogurt popsicles on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Guess what? You can use another fruit! I’ve made these popsicles with:

All in the past week. (Told ya. Highly addictive.)

To the blended blueberries, add a little liquid sweetener. I have tried these with agave and honey. Both fantastic. You don’t need much; just a little something to sweeten up the tart berries AND tart yogurt. If you’re using a sweeter fruit like dark sweet cherries, you can reduce the amount of liquid sweetener. Just go by your preferred taste.

And the final ingredient…

I suggest using a flavored yogurt. Why flavored? Well, uhh… for flavor. And sweetness too. A flavored yogurt like vanilla, blueberry, or honey makes your 3 ingredient popsicles actually taste good. I like using 0% vanilla Greek yogurt, but a low fat or full fat variety works too! Oh, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be Greek; any yogurt you love works. But why not get in that extra protein?! In popsicles. Weird! Cool.

To create this tie-dye swirly look, mix the yogurt and blended blueberries together very lightly. Don’t fully combine them. You want patches of white yogurt and patches of violet blueberry specks. Because, ya know, pretty food tastes better.

Look at you with your alluring blue and white swirls! How patriotic of you.

Pour this mixture into your popsicle molds. Your work here is DONE.

Freeze, eat, obsess, repeat.

3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles

These super simple, protein-packed 3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles hit the spot when the weather heats up! A gluten free treat.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups blueberries1
  • 2 Tablespoons agave or honey2
  • 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (or any flavor)

Special Equipment

Directions:

1. Blend the blueberries in a food processor or blender on high speed until nearly liquified into a smoothie-like consistency. See above for a photo.
  2. Pour the thick blueberry liquid into a large bowl. Stir in the agave/honey. Add the yogurt and very gently mix everything together. If you want a tie-dye, swirly look to your popsicles-- do not fully blend the yogurt and blueberries. You want those patches of white and blue. The mixture will be thick. Taste it. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little more agave/honey.
  3. Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 4-6 hours or overnight.
  4. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes:

1. You can be a little generous with the 2 cups of fruit (maybe closer to 2 and 1/4 cups). And try using another fruit! You can use around 2 cups of halved cherries, sliced strawberries, chopped peaches, blackberries, or raspberries.
  2. The agave or honey really makes the flavors of the tart fruit and tart yogurt pop. I much preferred the batch made with a little liquid sweetener over the test batch without. If you're using a sweeter fruit mentioned above like dark sweet cherries, reduce down to 1 Tablespoon. Taste the mixture, then add a little more if you'd like.

Did you make a recipe?

Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.

Simple healthy popsicles!!!

And here’s my strawberry banana version. 🙂

Strawberry Banana Popsicles

See more gluten free recipes.

See more frozen treats.

You HAVE to try these 3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles!

Comments

1. Rumi on July 12, 2015 at 4:18 am

Simple healthy popsicles…………………Very simple to make and if will be fabulous

2. Lydia on August 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Hi Sally- I’m using your photos and sharing this recipe on my blog. Thanks for the delicious popsicles!!

3. SH Sen on November 3, 2015 at 7:01 pm

I didn’t stumble across these until fall, but I had some blueberries frozen from summer that worked perfectly. My toddler needed a cold treat for his sore throat, and he loves all of these ingredients so I decided to make mini pops for him.  I halved the recipe, because my ikea mini popsicle molds are about half the size of the tovolo molds (which I also own). He ate several bites of the mix pre-freezing, so hopefully he’ll like them!

4. Deborah Coughlin on December 21, 2015 at 7:50 am

Thank you so much! It is days before Christmas and I am recovering from a very real near death experience.  I’ve been in bed on a feeding tube and all I can consume is popcicles. Yesterday I woke up and found your popcicles on line. I called  friend and asked him to take me to get ingredients and the molds. I live in the north so being a seasonal item they were  very hard to find. Nevertheless off we went on our journey  to find the right popcicles molds!
    I chose bananas and coconut youghert and vanilla because I  crave the tropics. When I got home I was too exhausted to make them but I was able to get the bananas broke up in the freezer.I look forward to today to be able to blend up the mix and get them frozen.
    I am probably the only person in Erie Pa on a popsicle mission right now but I need the nutrition to stay alive. I know the chemicals and colorings in the previous bags I’ve consumed are no good for me. Thank you so much for helping me spend another Christmas with my family. My near death experiance has changed my prospective on life. May God Bless you and and may you have an AMAZING CHRISTMAS!

5. Maggie on January 22, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Would I be able to use any frozen fruit???

6. Nina Kirby on March 5, 2016 at 11:59 pm

I’m wanting to make these but was wondering if I can use either Truvia or Splenda for the sweetner, or I have liquid sugar free Torani syrups (hazelnut, carmel, peppermint) what would u suggest.

7. Eden Passante on March 24, 2016 at 7:00 pm

I love making popsicles at home and these look great! Perfect for kids!

8. Vonnie Greene on April 1, 2016 at 9:24 am

Where is the nutrition info?  Looks great, but useless !

• Alexa Mama on June 30, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Wow, rude!! She’s a food blogger, not a nutrition counselor. If you care, look it up, and please show a little more respect.

9. Abigail Pittock on June 8, 2016 at 8:35 am

Hi Sally!

I am a high school student, and one of my assignments is to make a magazine on the topic of nutrition. I was wondering if I could use one of your pictures and your recipe ( can reword it if you’d like).  I would give you all the credit.  Let me know if you think this would be ok.  It is such a great recipe and would make a fantastic addition to my project.  Thank you so much!

Abigail Pittock

10. Amy on June 19, 2016 at 2:30 pm

These were delicious! I made with blueberries and while I absolutely NEVER tweak your recipes, I’m just not a big yogurt taste/texture person, so, adding 2 packets of Splenda to the mixture made them a little sweeter for me. My husband and toddler loved these. 🙂

11. [email protected] on July 1, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Went over to my friend’s for dinner and what did she have for dessert but your fabulous pops. The whole table devoured them!

12. Carly on July 14, 2016 at 7:21 pm

These sound like the perfect summer treat! Can I make these with regular low fat vanilla yogurt?

• Sally on July 15, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Sure can!

13. Tatiana P Touch on August 29, 2016 at 6:46 pm

This sounds amazing! im wondering, how would I do this with frozen fruit? It’s all I have :/

• Paige on August 29, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I just thawed my frozen berries a bit then blended them!!

14. Marilyn Beck on October 2, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Looks great, but can you share where you got your popsicle molds? Thank you.

• Sally on October 4, 2016 at 10:18 am

Hi Marilyn! Here is the popsicle mold I have. I love it!

• Lorraine on August 7, 2017 at 7:39 am

Hi. I purchased the Norpro Frozen Ice Pop Maker on Amazon. It has a removable top with slots to insert wooden sticks. The popsicles look like they are store bought but without all the chemicals.  I just love it.

15. Lance on March 16, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I’ve read that adding honey/maple syrup/agave helps prevent ice crystals from forming in the popsicles. Which keeps them creamy and not icy. It has something to do with inverted sugars or something. Anyone else heard of this?

16. Kelsey on June 14, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I made these for my toddler with plain greek yogurt and overriped banana for sweetness and a touch of almond butter and they turned out amazing! Thanks for another delicious recipe Sally!

17. Jill Roberts on July 31, 2017 at 8:26 am

I made this 3 Ingredient blueberry yogurt swirl popsicles for the super bowl party and it was a crowd favorite! Amazing photos btw. Thanks for sharing!

• Sally on July 31, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Hi Jill, glad they were a hit!!

18. Susan Wachtel on September 27, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Thanks you Sally! Trying this one for my husband so he can have a healthy snake/dessert.

19. Zach Davis on April 30, 2018 at 5:05 am

Thanks for sharing. This came at the right time. Wanna try making it for my vegetarian little boy. Am sure he will like it.

20. Bella Hardy on May 16, 2018 at 8:19 am

Wow! This blueberry yogurt swirl popsicles are incredible! I’m seriously so inspired right now. Love healthy desserts! Thx, Sally for sharing!

21. Cynthia on June 26, 2018 at 2:52 pm

This one might be better priced and makes more:

22. Alexa Mama on June 30, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Delicious!!! Thank you so much for the easy recipe! I can see how easy it would be to swap ingredients out depending on needs/tastes…great base recipe.

• Sally on July 1, 2018 at 10:43 am

Agreed! I love using strawberries or raspberries 🙂

23. Kenya on July 1, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I love the Greek Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt by Dannon Light & Fit. Can u just put only the yogurt in the Popsicle mold would it work without the other ingredients?

• Sally on July 2, 2018 at 11:42 am

Hi Kenya! So just freezing the yogurt into a popsicle mold? I can’t see why that wouldn’t work! I’ve never tried freezing that particular brand before though.

Reviews