Great Big List of Healthy Smoothies

Berrylicious smoothie on sallysbakingaddiction.com

I feel like there’s been a lot of sugar and butter around here lately. Or.. let’s be serious… all year long. Truth is, in between all the baking I do, I usually sip on a smoothie at my desk when I’m editing photos and responding to emails and comments. It’s almost daily that I whip out my vitamix or ninja, whichever is clean at the moment, and blend up anything and everything from the freezer and fridge. I feel like you’re the same, maybe? Salads and smoothies then ice cream cake and coconut blondies. Sounds about right.

There’s been a couple new smoothie concoctions this summer, as well as old favorites, and I want to share them with you in 1 space. List style.

I also asked some friends to send me THEIR favorite smoothie recipes, so you’ll get a refreshing and healthy taste of smoothies around the web. We all have a lot of drinking to do as summer winds down! Which makes me sad, but I can’t even wait for Fall baking ohhhh my goodness. 1 billion Fall pies here we come.

GREAT BIG SMOOTHIE LIST

1. BERRYLICIOUS (pictured above) – 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 handful frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 small banana, 1/4 cup oats
  2. PINEAPPLE ALMOND MAMA (pictured below) – I just now made up that name and I kinda love it. 1 cup chopped pineapple, 1 large frozen banana, 2/3 cup almond milk, 1 heaping Tablespoon almond butter.
  3. Glowing Skin Smoothie – I swear by it. Drank it like a madwoman before our wedding.
  4. Berry Purple Power Smoothie has no banana!
  5. Coffee Smoothie – I loooooove the caffeine jolt.
  6. Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie sounds completely incredible.
  7. Mango Smoothie is so simple and I’m really intrigued with the coconut oil!
  8. Raspberry Mango Tango Smoothie – the name alone makes me really happy.
  9. 3 Ingredient Chocolate Covered Strawberry Wine Smoothie. THIS IS A WINE SMOOTHIE.
  10. Ginger Green Citrus Smoothie – with a video! And a dancing blender.
  11. 23 GRAMS of protein in this filling Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie.
  12. 28 GRAMS of protein in this more filling Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie.
  13. Almond Joy Smoothie – these flavors!
  14. Another almond joy smoothie and this one has dark chocolate chips 🙂
  15. Peachy Green Smoothie – it IS national peach month after all.
  16. Tropikale Energy Smoothie (see what I did there?!)
  17. Triple Berry Power Smoothie with plenty of power ingredients.
  18. Rise and Shine Coffee Smoothie – talk about energizing.
  19. Watermelon Smoothie – I’ve never added watermelon to smoothies before!
  20. Blueberry Pear Smoothie – I’ve never added pear either!
  21. Layered Banana Split Protein Smoothie – mouth is watering.
  22. Mint Chocolate Smoothie for all your chocolate lovers.
  23. Vegan Creamy Vanilla Coconut Mojito Smoothie – wow!
  24. Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie juuuust in case you’re in the mood already.
  25. Blueberry Protein Smoothie – use your fave vanilla protein powder here.
  26. Green Detox Smoothie Bowl – not many bowls on this list!
  27. Chocolate Avocado Raspberry Smoothie sounds incredible.
  28. Banana Almond Flax Smoothie looks like dessert, a really good one.
  29. Superfood Power Smoothie is layered power goodness.
  30. Triple Berry Green Smoothie pretty in pink.
  31. Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake – my language.
  32. Strawberry Mango Breakfast Smoothie is parfait style with granola!

Thirsty yet?

Pineapple banana almond butter smoothie on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Q: What’s your favorite smoothie? Leave a link if it’s online or tell me about it!

Comments

1. Heidi @ Red Checkered Tablecloth on August 20, 2016 at 6:57 am

This list looks so yummy! Recently, we’ve been loving peanut butter smoothies. It’s like drinking a Reese’s Cup. 😉

2. Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It on August 20, 2016 at 7:28 am

LOVE this list! It’s all about balance, right? 😉 My favorite smoothie ever is something I created: 1 frozen banana, 1 handful of spinach, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (Sunwarrior), 1 cup of ice, and 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a good plop of peanut butter! Blend and enjoy! 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend! <3

• Sally on August 21, 2016 at 5:54 pm

How do you like Sunwarrior? I never have luck finding the right protein powder, so I never use it in smoothies! But I’ve never tried Sunwarrior.

• Marina on August 22, 2016 at 6:48 am

I love it!! It has a great vanilla taste and is NOT chalky. I’ve done my fair share of experimentation hahah

• Sally on August 22, 2016 at 10:05 am

Thanks for letting me know, I’m going to try it!

3. Peppermint Dolly on August 20, 2016 at 7:32 am

What a great list! Super post 🙂

Rxx

4. Marisa on August 20, 2016 at 9:29 am

Almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, frozen banana, almond butter, frozen spinach, seed blend (flax-chia-hemp). I  flash steam and then purée a huge bag of Costco spinach, scoop into ice cube trays, and freeze. A couple of those cubes help keep my smoothies thick and super cold.

• Sally on August 21, 2016 at 5:52 pm

That’s a brilliant idea with the ice!

5. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on August 20, 2016 at 9:55 am

Life is all about balance.  I am all about eating healthy and having a smoothie everyday, but sometimes I just want a cupcake! I get so caught up in making the same smoothie every morning I pinned a few of these to try something new.

• Sally on August 21, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Good! I really like the variety of smoothie flavors that’s out there these days. Pinterest is full of smoothie ideas. Never get bored!

6. Laura on August 20, 2016 at 12:30 pm

These all look absolutely amazing–especially the chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie! I LOVE smoothies! Once my little one is born and I’m done with this gestational diabetes nonsense, I really look forward to getting back to drinking my morning smoothies. Just can’t do it now.

7. Andrea on August 20, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I was making a dessert smoothie/shake… until my blender pooped out on me.
    2 chopped bananas frozen
    2 tbls unsweetened hershey cocoa
    2-3 tbls peanut butter
    1/4 cup or more if needed milk (I use 1%)
    Whir up the banana and milk until as smooth as soft serve icecream, add in the cocoa until mixed in then pb until mixed in.

• Sally on August 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Sounds incredible. And yes, just like dessert!

8. Debbie on August 20, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Healthy?  Look at the sugar content.  A doctor once told me, the body doesn’t know the difference between a pound of cherries or a pound of chocolate.  It’s all sugar.

I do coffee smoothies with truvia and cup of ice.  No sugar.

9. Barbara on August 21, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Hi Sally! I am a huge fan. Every recipe of yours that I make is a hit! I have a juicer and was thinking of getting a good blender. Can’t decide between a vitamix and a ninja. Can you help me decide? These smoothie recipes have come at a good time for me. Thanks so much!!

• Sally on August 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Ok, I’m going to be honest here! I’ve never had a smoother smoothie until I got my Vitamix. They are pricey, sure, but worth every single penny. They clean so easily and break down nearly anything and everything. It’s a dream, I promise. However, the Ninja I own doubles as a chopper/food processor. So that’s a plus too! It’s a tough one. What are you leaning towards?

• Andrea on August 21, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Thank you for your input on that. Since mine gave out a couple months ago I’m trying to decide what to go with.

• Barbara on August 21, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I am leaning towards the vitamix, but I was a little hesitant to spend that much money. There are several different versions in several different price ranges so I will have to investigate. I have a juicer but I think I’d like to be able to chop up skins on various fruits and make more of a smoothie than a juice drink. I just had my first smoothie a few weeks ago and I think I would really love to make the healthy kind at home. If you think the vitamix also cleans up easily that is also a strong selling point for me! I already have a kitchenaid food processor that I adore. Thanks for the advice!

• Sally on August 22, 2016 at 10:10 am

The vitamix cleans VERY easily. Sometimes I don’t even need soap. Just hot water to rid the smoothie on the sides.

10. Karen Walter on August 21, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Sally…I really like this list of smoothies and your idea of freezing cut fruit when it is fresh and in season. How do you store this in the freezer? Portion size, or just bagged? What is the best way to freeze fruit? I usually end up with a watery, soggy mess. Particularly, the bananas, pineapple, mango, strawberries. Thanks!

• Sally on August 22, 2016 at 10:09 am

The bananas- peel them first then cut into chunks and freeze. For the rest, just cut when ripe and freeze into bags. I don’t individual portion them out.

11. Del's cooking twist on August 22, 2016 at 11:58 am

Oh I love smoothies and smoothie bowls so much. Thank you for bringing even more inspiration to me, there are a few (actually many!) I want to try already. My coming morning and snacks will be amazing 🙂 Oh, and by the way, if by any chance you are interested I published a similar article with my top 10 healthy smoothie & smoothie bowls a couple of weeks ago, maybe you’ll find other recipes you’d like to try (hope you don’t mind me sharing the link here): http://www.delscookingtwist.com/2016/07/28/top-10-healthy-smoothie-smoothie-bowl-recipes/

• Sally on August 22, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Don’t mind at all! Everyone loves finding more smoothie inspiration I’m sure, myself included!!

12. Liz B. on August 22, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Oh, I can’t wait to try these! I mainly go strawberry banana with flaxseed oil, vanilla protein powder, greek yogurt and a handful of baby spinach!

• Sally on August 22, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I love the idea of adding flaxseed oil Liz! Thanks for sharing it.

13. Nancy on August 23, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Love smoothies. My husband gave me a Vitamix for Christmas a couple of years ago. I had gone through 2 blenders that year. The Vitamix can handle the frozen fruit without any issues and it cleans so easily. My favorite smoothie is a handful of fresh blueberries, a cup of frozen strawberries, a meyer lemon, cup of water and scoop of pea protein powder. Yum! If I don’t have the lemon a Clementine is good too!

• Sally on August 24, 2016 at 7:35 am

That sounds so refreshing!

14. Lisa G. on August 31, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I love this smoothie list. My back-to-school goal was to make a smoothie for my kids every morning to walk to school with. An there one appeared your list in my e-mail. I have been making a different one every day know for the past two weeks! Mango Tango has been a favorite! Thanks, Sally for helping me meet my goal of a school year of healthy foods!

• Sally on September 1, 2016 at 11:19 am

I’m so glad you find it helpful. I’m drinking so many smoothies these days. I agree, I love the mango tango!

15. Hannah on November 3, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Well, now I have my smoothie bucket list. They all look amazing. My favorite one is mixed berry. I’m not exact with my measurements but something like this: 1 cup milk, 1/2 or 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 banana, lots of spinach, 1 part strawberries/raspberries/blueberries… maybe 1/2 cup each? I’m not sure.

• Hannah on November 3, 2016 at 10:09 pm

You know what, I just realized my smoothie matches one on the list almost exactly! Too funny!

16. Faith Mangene on January 2, 2017 at 9:01 pm

This is my favorite!    https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/tropical-avocado-peach-smoothie/

Reviews