50 Easter Menu Recipes

50 Easter recipes including Easter brunch, Easter desserts, egg recipes, breakfast, Easter dinner recipes, Easter ham, easy Easter side dishes, homemade Easter candy, and more! on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Happy weekend!

This is the first year I’m hosting Easter. At age 31, I feel I should have done this by now? But it’s always been a family holiday at my parents’ or in-law’s. With our home finally coming together after nearly a year, I figure it’s the best time to gather together and celebrate with a big Easter meal.

The menu isn’t 100% decided yet, but there will be ham. I’m thinking brown sugar glazed, yum! A potato side dish of sorts, asparagus side dish– or maybe from-scratch green bean casserole, which is Kevin’s favorite (is that Easter-y?), homemade biscuits, and a bright colorful salad. Dessert will be pineapple upside down cake and an Easter nest cake, for which I’ll use this carrot cake recipe as the bundt cake. Oh, and deviled eggs for sure! Breakfast is undecided, but I’m leaning towards classic easy cinnamon rolls.

I’ve been brainstorming and gathering several Easter recipes together this week, so I figured I’d simply share them with you too. There’s everything from egg dishes for breakfast or brunch, cinnamon rolls + scones, desserts, homemade candy, supper, and side dishes. This list should cover everything we need!

eggs for easter recipes-2

EGGS

brunch easter recipes

BRUNCH

easter supper recipes

SIMPLE SUPPER

easter side dish recipes

SIDES

easter dessert recipes

DESSERT

Obviously the biggest category of all because it’s the most important, right?

easter candy recipes

FUN HOMEMADE CANDY

Let me know what’s on YOUR Easter menu. Leave any links to favorite recipes too. Always looking for inspiration!

Posted in [wpbb post:terms_list taxonomy="category" separator=", "]

Comments

1. Charlotte @ What Charlotte Baked on April 8, 2017 at 3:58 am

That Easter Nest Cake is amazing! And I’m so up for trying that Fruit Pizza – I saw the video for it the other day on Instagram. It looks so easy to make 🙂

How about my Creme Egg Cheesecake? It would make the perfect showstopper dessert for an Easter feast – ://whatcharlottebaked.com/2017/03/25/creme-egg-cheesecake-no-bake/

Although, Pineapple Upside Down cake is always a great idea too!

• Sally on April 8, 2017 at 7:34 am

creme egg cheesecake sounds fantastic too!

2. Jenny from jennyisbaking.com on April 8, 2017 at 4:22 am

Wow, what a compilation! I am sure everybody has the chance to find the perfect combination.

I have gotten into meringue recently. I piped some nests made of meringue and filled them with Easter chocolate eggs. An alternative would be strawberries and cream, see here: https://jennyisbaking.com/2017/04/05/quick-easter-nests/
    Another idea is to make to meringue circles and then put some of your delicious lemon curd in between.
    In Germany eggnogg (well similar) is common for Easter. I was thinking of trying this eggnogg layer cake recipe: http://baketotheroots.de/kleine-eierlikortorte/ (it’s in English)

• Sally on April 8, 2017 at 7:33 am

meringue nests are an excellent idea too!

3. Tori//Gringalicious.com on April 8, 2017 at 5:06 am

Oh yes, yes, yes! These are all such great ideas. I totally want to make those adorable chicky eggs, oh and the walnut crusted chicken yum! I pretty much just wanna try it all. Thanks, Sally!

4. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on April 8, 2017 at 10:27 am

I always wish we had family nearby so I could host a big holiday dinner or brunch.  But my sister will be visiting so it will be her, my husband, and I to cook for.  My mom always made cheesy potatoes on easter which I loved.  I also had my first piece of king cake a few years ago, that was amazing!

5. Carol S on April 8, 2017 at 11:37 am

Thanks for the amazing compilation!  I can’t wait to find something fun to make for Easter!  Thank you for posting!

6. Sara @ Last Night's Feast on April 8, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Wow this is a great list! There is so much inspiration here =)

7. Samer on April 8, 2017 at 4:55 pm

It is wonderful list Sally!

8. Gemma on April 8, 2017 at 5:20 pm

So, so, so yum! I can’t wait to try out some of these recipes! Especially saltine toffee, Easter bunny bark and the nest cakes! 😀

9. Jennifer C on April 8, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I actually made my second batch of your easy from scratch cinnamon rolls today, trying to get better with yeast. I think this is way off topic but I just wanted to tell you! Not hosting Easter but I have a feeling more people will want me to make these for any gatherings in future. They truly are easy and they’re the best cinnamon rolls I’ve ever had!! Now back to perusing this list. It’s making my stomach growl!!

• Sally on April 9, 2017 at 5:59 pm

glad you’re getting comfy with yeast! I absolutely swear by those easy cinnamon rolls. My favorite and very approachable if you’re new with yeast!

10. Roseanne on April 8, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Holy moly – I am not hosting Easter but I could certainly agree to share some of these with my peeps. What a fantastic list! Thank you Sally. It will be nice to show off your new house, won’t it?!

• Sally on April 9, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Yes, we’re both so excited for that!

11. Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats on April 8, 2017 at 9:36 pm

What an awesome round up of recipes!!! I want to make them all! Xoxo 🙂

12. Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats on April 8, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Oh and I’ll be making these:
    Soooooo easy and everyone always loves them. Plus Cadbury Mini Eggs are in them! Can’t go wrong with that! 😉

13. cookie on April 9, 2017 at 11:11 am

Hi Sally, It is wonderful list! I will add just just one thing – Easter eggs. Please check link below – how to naturally dye eggs using onion skin.http://www.5starcookies.com/2017/04/08/onion-skin-naturally-dye-eggs/

14. Laura | Tutti Dolci on April 9, 2017 at 7:49 pm

This is the best round up! Can’t wait to try your raspberry scones and flaky biscuits, and those roasted carrots look fab too!

15. Gail on April 9, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Our new family favorite ham recipe is going to sound odd but it is truly delicious and make ahead! Mel’s Kitchen Cafe Brown Sugar Baked Ham. Its like pulled ham and so good; its worth the vinegar smell the day before. Plus it uses the “cheap” shank cut so it is very inexpensive. https://www.melskitchencafe.com/sweet-baked-ham-the-most-unique-and-delicious-ham-ive-ever-had/
    Truly worth a try

16. Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com on April 13, 2017 at 9:36 am

Sally, this is an amazing round up!! The big Easter meal has usually been at my Mom’s also so I’ve never hosted it either. I’m sure your dinner will be amazing. Happy Easter!! 🙂

Reviews