How to Join Sally's Baking Challenge
- Recipe: We publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. See below for April’s. Sign up for Sally’s Baking Challenge emails so you’re alerted as soon as a new challenge recipe is published.
- Bake: Bake the recipe (or alternate recipe) during that month.
- Send: Share your recipe photo with us via email: [email protected] before 5pm eastern on the last day of the month. By emailing your recipe photo, you are automatically entered to win the prize for the baking challenge. For a bonus entry, leave a review on the challenge recipe. Feel free to share your recipe photo on social media using #sallysbakingchallenge, but the only way to guarantee you are in the running is sending your entry via email.
Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about Sally’s Baking Challenge.
APRIL BAKING CHALLENGE RECIPE
April 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: Lemon Blueberry Tart. We’re so excited for you to try this deliciously fruity recipe for springtime! If you don’t have a tart pan, you can use a regular pie dish. See note in the printable recipe.
If you aren’t into this recipe, here is the alternate baking challenge recipe:
- any previous challenge recipe you haven’t made yet OR
- Cupcake Bouquet. Feel free to use your favorite cupcake flavor(s). Some flavor options are shown in the post. You don’t have to pipe the frosting exactly like the photos, but do your best to make it look like a floral arrangement. Have fun with it and don’t overthink!
By emailing your recipe photo to us, you are automatically entered in the baking challenge. 1 winner receives a $250 Amazon Gift Card. We keep track of your photos and randomly select 1 winner at the end of the month. The challenge is open to the whole world. Visit the Sally’s Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions about my baking challenges!
Let’s Review the March Baking Challenge
March 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipe: French Macarons
The March 2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge was our 50th monthly challenge. We chose the most requested challenge recipe for the celebration, French Macarons, and gave participants full creative control over the flavors and colors. You could use our recipe for them or any French macaron recipe you prefer. We were so delighted to see so many entries, especially for one of the most difficult challenge recipes we’ve ever assigned. There were so many incredible flavors, shapes, and colors! Here are some that stood out: cookies & cream, Easter egg shaped, ombré rainbow shells, lemon & lavender, cookie dough buttercream filling, Nutella filling, heart shaped, cereal milk frosting filling, plus sprinkles, painted on designs, edible glitter garnish, and more. (I’m so intrigued and want to try my hand at all of these variations!!)
We hope you are very proud for trying, regardless of how “perfect” your cookies turned out. What matters most is taking that bold step to tackle something new. We gathered as many French macaron emailed photo entries as we could and included them below. Let’s admire all this hard work!
Challenge winners for March are Beth and Courtney and they have been notified. 🙂